March 28, 2024, 05:14:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420800 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2013, 05:42:15 PM »

Searching what adorable pictures. Thanks for sharing. Good to see you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »

I've got three different companies coming to give me estimates on a fence. So, I'll bake cookies this year for Christmas presents and invite everyone to come look at the new fence while they eat them.   

The most promising deterrent I could find online was a recording of a cougar that runs on batteries. It's in a case that is weatherproof and you hang it in a tree. Every 5-7 minutes it plays a variety of cougar noises. I'm not sure the neighbors would appreciate it..........

However, it had really high customer satisfaction ratings and many stories of multiple cat owners who had lost a couple of cats due to coyote attacks and were able to keep the rest undisturbed, after using it. Coyotes must be smart. They said you had to camoflauge hide it well because they would figure out they were being duped if you didn't.

Where's the spell checker??   

On a brighter note, this little bunny is full of himself. God love him!!   

http://dogwork.com/buhr9

CBB  I like the cougar noise thingy. I would think the neighbors would appreciate it since it would keep the coyotes away.  It's scary to have them in the yard.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2013, 08:02:25 PM »

Thank you Green Eyes, Is GREAT to see you as well. How have you been?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2013, 09:34:54 PM »

OMG she is so cute!  Bet she's keeping everyone busy!  Wait until she hits her teen years, LOL!
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »

Hahaha, you should hear her attitude. She is a sassy little thing, and spoiled rotten. Thanks, she is the princess   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2013, 09:59:10 PM »

Hahaha, you should hear her attitude. She is a sassy little thing, and spoiled rotten. Thanks, she is the princess   

That's the way they should be.  She really is adorable.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #326 on: August 29, 2013, 10:03:08 PM »

Enjoying the Texas summer.  I don't go out during the day. Either early morning or after dark.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #327 on: August 29, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »

Awwww, she's adorable, Searching!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: August 30, 2013, 12:19:37 AM »

Here's mine.  She turns 3 next month.  She's cute, smart and fun....until you say NO, LOL  Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey Monkey Devil!

Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2013, 01:30:28 AM »

Klaas, She is adorable, but looks older then 3, mine turned three in June. As with yours, oh so adorable until you say no, and even then sometimes she is adorable. She is in the please, please oh please while batting eyes and looking adorable stage. She can already count to ten and taught me how to use my new smart phone as well as her tablet, so as far as hitting her teens, sometimes it seems as she already has. Oh and I just LOVE the "but why" all the time about every thing now. 

Green Eyes, I stay in during the day as much as I can as well, the heat is horrid, but the little one has an awesome tan LOL, if only I could tan that well.

CBB, Thanks, she knows she is, that is the bad part. She is so funny, when we walk in some where she has to announce "Ok, I am here every body" haha just like royalty or a celebrity huh?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2013, 02:11:52 AM »

Here's mine.  She turns 3 next month.  She's cute, smart and fun....until you say NO, LOL  Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey Monkey Devil!

Oh My she has grown up so fast. What a doll. Enjoy even the no parts. They grow up so fast. My youngest grandson is 12 going on 40.  He still likes to spend time with grandma. But I know it wont be long before he would rather be with his friends. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2013, 02:21:23 AM »

Klaas, She is adorable, but looks older then 3, mine turned three in June. As with yours, oh so adorable until you say no, and even then sometimes she is adorable. She is in the please, please oh please while batting eyes and looking adorable stage. She can already count to ten and taught me how to use my new smart phone as well as her tablet, so as far as hitting her teens, sometimes it seems as she already has. Oh and I just LOVE the "but why" all the time about every thing now. 

Green Eyes, I stay in during the day as much as I can as well, the heat is horrid, but the little one has an awesome tan LOL, if only I could tan that well.

CBB, Thanks, she knows she is, that is the bad part. She is so funny, when we walk in some where she has to announce "Ok, I am here every body" haha just like royalty or a celebrity huh?

Searching grand children are so much fun. She sounds like she knows she has grandmas heart strings. Enjoy her and grandmas are suppose to spoil them.  I can relate to having her show you how to work your phone. They are so dang smart.

I don't go out unless I have to in the heat.  Stay cool.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: August 31, 2013, 08:16:52 AM »

She is absolutely beautiful.  What a face.

Searching, your's is a beauty also.

Kids grow up so fast.  It doesn't seem like that long ago that Klaas posted newborn pics of her little one.  Now look at her.

Klaas, my great-niece (whom we love to pieces) was born about the same time as your granddaughter was.  I always tell her when I see her " "My, My, you are so pretty" and she says "No-----I am beautiful".   I just love them at that age, they are so full of drama!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #333 on: August 31, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »

Beautiful little girls, thanks for sharing searching and klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: September 01, 2013, 04:56:18 AM »

Oh man......... somebody please give me advice! 

There was a coyote in the backyard this morning. I've lived in this neighborhood since I was 3 years old and have seen a lot of wildlife, but never a coyote. At first, I thought, "THAT'S the largest fox, I've ever seen, and then noticed the color wasn't right, and the movement wasn't right, and then it turned around and my heart sank. The TN wildlife agency was absolutely no help. They said they've been around a long time; I just haven't seen them, and they posed no threat to humans. My concern isn't human...... it's Kubear.

I have an "invisible fence" so I can just open the door and let her out without worry she'll get in the road or out of the yard. It's worked well for 13 years, and she observes the borders perfectly. However, she's very protective of her home and doesn't allow other animals in the yard when she's out. That protectiveness takes on new heights if any of "her people" happen to be outside. There is virtually no doubt she would go after a coyote in the yard, and in this case, I worry a coyote might go after her as well. In her day, she might have survived a coyote fight. Now, I doubt it. I don't want to find out and I don't want her hurt, regardless of the outcome.

The obvious answer is for me to take her out only on a leash, but that's going to change her life in a bad way, and I hate it. This time of year, and in Spring, she loves to lay on the deck and sun herself for hours, or at the front door. As age has taken more control, she tolerates deer if she knows I'm safely inside, but she went nuts when the coyote was in the yard. I don't even know how she knew it was there! She was with me in the kitchen, and her barking is what caused me to look up to see it.

Is there any way to make the yard "unfriendly" to coyotes???   

Move,,,now!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: September 01, 2013, 05:14:09 AM »

http://twitpic.com/crs6gv
another, life has been keeping me busy.

A beauty!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: September 01, 2013, 05:17:30 AM »

Wasn't she just born a couple of months ago?

She is such a cutie!

I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #337 on: September 02, 2013, 03:06:51 PM »

Klaas - she's so precious, what a joy for you!

CBB - coyotes run in a pack down the streets near my apartment in CA with this crazy job. We have always had many deer at my home in NC but they eat all of my flowers and my holly tree to pieces but we put up a full fence in back to protect Big Red, but snakes still came in.

I think coyotes are pretty hard to control and sorry you're having this problem.

SAN - I was almost in your neighborhood two weeks ago for a possible job, broke my foot running for the plane/connection...........

I continue to stand with the girl.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: September 03, 2013, 12:32:53 AM »

CBB - coyotes run in a pack down the streets near my apartment in CA with this crazy job. We have always had many deer at my home in NC but they eat all of my flowers and my holly tree to pieces but we put up a full fence in back to protect Big Red, but snakes still came in.

I think coyotes are pretty hard to control and sorry you're having this problem.

SAN - I was almost in your neighborhood two weeks ago for a possible job, broke my foot running for the plane/connection...........

Ouch!  Hope you heal quickly!

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »

Nonesuche, good to hear from you.  I'm sorry to hear you broke your foot.  I hope you recover quickly.  At my age I don't run for things anymore.  I see people running for the bus all the time only to miss it.  It's not worth getting hurt.  Now I tell myself another bus will come.  Unfortunately yours was a plane and I could understand not wanting to miss your flight.

Hope all is well with you.

I need to check here more often.  I got a new desktop computer and it's totally different than my old computer which was 10 years old.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.