March 29, 2024, 03:14:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420841 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2013, 09:34:56 AM »

Klaas - she's so precious, what a joy for you!

CBB - coyotes run in a pack down the streets near my apartment in CA with this crazy job. We have always had many deer at my home in NC but they eat all of my flowers and my holly tree to pieces but we put up a full fence in back to protect Big Red, but snakes still came in.

I think coyotes are pretty hard to control and sorry you're having this problem.

SAN - I was almost in your neighborhood two weeks ago for a possible job, broke my foot running for the plane/connection...........

Nonesuche, good to hear from you.  I'm sorry to hear you broke your foot.  I hope you recover quickly.  At my age I don't run for things anymore.  I see people running for the bus all the time only to miss it.  It's not worth getting hurt.  Now I tell myself another bus will come.  Unfortunately yours was a plane and I could understand not wanting to miss your flight.

Hope all is well with you.

I need to check here more often.  I got a new desktop computer and it's totally different than my old computer which was 10 years old.

Do you have Windows 8?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2013, 09:53:34 AM »

CBB - coyotes run in a pack down the streets near my apartment in CA with this crazy job. We have always had many deer at my home in NC but they eat all of my flowers and my holly tree to pieces but we put up a full fence in back to protect Big Red, but snakes still came in.

I think coyotes are pretty hard to control and sorry you're having this problem.

SAN - I was almost in your neighborhood two weeks ago for a possible job, broke my foot running for the plane/connection...........

Nonesuche, good to hear from you.  I'm sorry to hear you broke your foot.  I hope you recover quickly.  At my age I don't run for things anymore.  I see people running for the bus all the time only to miss it.  It's not worth getting hurt.  Now I tell myself another bus will come.  Unfortunately yours was a plane and I could understand not wanting to miss your flight.

I need to check here more often.  I got a new desktop computer and it's totally different than my old computer which was 10 years old.

Do you have Windows 8?

Hi Bearly, I do have windows 8.  I haven't tried it out yet.  I got a Mac computer and something called Parallels Desktop where I can also use Windows.  I haven't installed Windows yet so I can't tell you how the new Windows is running.  I have been hearing stories about Windows and how people don't like it.  I think I read somewhere where Microsoft is coming out with an upgrade.  Hopefully it will make it better.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: September 08, 2013, 12:38:37 PM »

Good to see you Nonesuche!  Glad to hear "Little Nonesuche" is on the road to recovery! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: September 09, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »

Do you have Windows 8?

Hi Bearly, I do have windows 8.  I haven't tried it out yet.  I got a Mac computer and something called Parallels Desktop where I can also use Windows.  I haven't installed Windows yet so I can't tell you how the new Windows is running.  I have been hearing stories about Windows and how people don't like it.  I think I read somewhere where Microsoft is coming out with an upgrade.  Hopefully it will make it better.

I am one of the people who don't like it.  I am not sure how much an upgrade will help.  It is the whole format and the sensitivity of the screens and I am not sure they could go back to the old way from where they are now.  It looks more like a smart phone and acts like a not so smart phone.

Good luck with your new computer, I am glad you are not dependent upon Windows 8.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »

Good to see you Nonesuche!  Glad to hear "Little Nonesuche" is on the road to recovery! 

Oh my.  I didn't know Little None had to recover from something.  I am also glad she is on the road to recovery and will be in my prayers pronto.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:19 PM »

In the sky yesterday from our deck 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »

That's cool!  Wonder what it was for?  Nice way to end the day!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »

Blue Moon - we don't know what it was for.  He made a heart right next to the face then took off.  Thinking maybe it was just practice?  Yeah it was cool!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2013, 07:05:00 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 07:59:30 PM by klaasend » Logged
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »

Did they write, "Surrender Dorothy" after that or was it "Surrender Klaas?"

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:58 PM »

Did they write, "Surrender Dorothy" after that or was it "Surrender Klaas?"

Monkey Devil!

Bearly, lol
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: September 12, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: September 12, 2013, 07:52:19 PM »

If you have an iPhone, you can download the new Operation Predator app:

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1309/130912washingtondc.htm
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: September 16, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »

Watch Live!

http://globalnews.ca/news/841426/salvage-effort-will-try-to-hoist-costa-concordia/

September 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Watch Live: Costa Concordia salvage effort continues
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »

Watch Live!

http://globalnews.ca/news/841426/salvage-effort-will-try-to-hoist-costa-concordia/

September 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Watch Live: Costa Concordia salvage effort continues

Thank you for posting the link here in Musings, grace-land.   

There's also a thread in "News of the Day" and some interesting photos etc. for those interested. 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12629.540
Cruise Liner Costa Concordia Aground in Italy - 30 Dead & 2 Unaccounted For

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: September 16, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »

The Costa Concordia is upright! 

However, more challenging work needs to be done on the project to complete it.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2013, 10:38:34 PM »

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »

They said that now their priority to find the victims.  I hope that they are successful and enable the families to have closure.  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: September 16, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »

They said that now their priority to find the victims.  I hope that they are successful and enable the families to have closure.  an angelic monkey

Yes, I agree grace-land.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.