March 29, 2024, 12:08:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420823 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »

CBB that is such a wonderful success story for all of you!  I was going to say YOU should write a book about it then decided no,  WAYLON should 

^^^^

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »

Blue Moon, you give us way too much credit! Our intentions were to provide a bridge where it was clear one was needed. Beyond that, we haven't done anything that any of you wouldn't have done. Putting consideration of Waylon first was an obvious priority. With that in place, all we did was take it a day at a time and make choices accordingly. We thought, at one point, our job was done, but when that didn't work out, we were faced with letting him go back to his Great Grandmother, which was impossible for both of them, or placing him in foster care, which we were told was really bad. There's no choice there. Then there was dealing with court and his parent's bi-weekly visitations that took much longer than it should have. Had just one of them been willing to get a job; any job, he would have been returned to them, and we wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. The second the Judge told them he was sending out DHS to do a home evaluation, they panicked and rushed to us and said, "Get whatever paperwork you need and we'll sign it, as long as it stops DHS from coming out and we never have to go back to court."  That was an easy choice as well. We got them the paperwork. By then, Waylon wasn't the baby he was when he came to us, and we knew that finding the perfect parents was going to be harder than it would have been had the judge begun with a home visit. The attachment to us and us to him was also there. Although the paperwork allows us at anytime to simply take the few next steps to adoption, we haven't yet. No one can take him away from us, but no one could ever adopt him other than us if we took those steps. The insurance was also a factor. We were advised that if we entered the foster parent program, Waylon would be eligible for all kinds of subsidies (which is what his parents had in mind), but we knew they'd get busy trying to find him a permanent home and that there would be no transition time allowed. Again, there was no gut wrenching decision there either; we both knew it would be horrific for him to be pulled from us at a moment's notice, and that's exactly how it would be. He had come so far, and we couldn't let a set back happen if we could help it. The one benefit we have by leaving things as they are, is that Tn. medicaid takes care of his health needs, and when we checked on adding him to our policy, it's an additional $680.00 a month. In our financial circumstances, that makes a difference. Waylon's four and a half now and I can't foresee any changes happening. We didn't see this path from the beginning, but just tried to do what was best for him all along the way. Eventually, we'll adopt, because he retains his birth last name if we don't, and we don't want that to ever be an issue with him. Pre-school also costs about that much a month, so when we can give that cost up, we'll trade it for the insurance, and give him that resolution. We're nothing special. Anyone would have loved him and seen the need. My only regret is the length of time it took in court. I would have loved to have been able to facilitate a properly aged set of parents who could love him as their own, maybe even with siblings for him! Maybe even who would welcome a set of doting Grandparents! As it is, we'll continue to do our best every day, and trust that if God brought us to it, He'll see us through it!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2013, 04:15:25 PM »

CBB  I have read both your lovely post. After all is said and done I think Waylon & you guys  have been touched by the hand of God. Some things happen that come out of no where with such wonderful results that you know Gods hands have been busy.

Some things are just meant to be. 

I loved the pictures you shared of Waylon he really is a cutie. I am sure he warms you guys hearts with his smile. So happy for you all. Such a wonderful out come from something that could have ended with in such a different ending. Just sayin

Thank You for sharing with us. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: October 13, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »

Blue Moon, you give us way too much credit! Our intentions were to provide a bridge where it was clear one was needed. Beyond that, we haven't done anything that any of you wouldn't have done. Putting consideration of Waylon first was an obvious priority. With that in place, all we did was take it a day at a time and make choices accordingly. We thought, at one point, our job was done, but when that didn't work out, we were faced with letting him go back to his Great Grandmother, which was impossible for both of them, or placing him in foster care, which we were told was really bad. There's no choice there. Then there was dealing with court and his parent's bi-weekly visitations that took much longer than it should have. Had just one of them been willing to get a job; any job, he would have been returned to them, and we wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. The second the Judge told them he was sending out DHS to do a home evaluation, they panicked and rushed to us and said, "Get whatever paperwork you need and we'll sign it, as long as it stops DHS from coming out and we never have to go back to court."  That was an easy choice as well. We got them the paperwork. By then, Waylon wasn't the baby he was when he came to us, and we knew that finding the perfect parents was going to be harder than it would have been had the judge begun with a home visit. The attachment to us and us to him was also there. Although the paperwork allows us at anytime to simply take the few next steps to adoption, we haven't yet. No one can take him away from us, but no one could ever adopt him other than us if we took those steps. The insurance was also a factor. We were advised that if we entered the foster parent program, Waylon would be eligible for all kinds of subsidies (which is what his parents had in mind), but we knew they'd get busy trying to find him a permanent home and that there would be no transition time allowed. Again, there was no gut wrenching decision there either; we both knew it would be horrific for him to be pulled from us at a moment's notice, and that's exactly how it would be. He had come so far, and we couldn't let a set back happen if we could help it. The one benefit we have by leaving things as they are, is that Tn. medicaid takes care of his health needs, and when we checked on adding him to our policy, it's an additional $680.00 a month. In our financial circumstances, that makes a difference. Waylon's four and a half now and I can't foresee any changes happening. We didn't see this path from the beginning, but just tried to do what was best for him all along the way. Eventually, we'll adopt, because he retains his birth last name if we don't, and we don't want that to ever be an issue with him. Pre-school also costs about that much a month, so when we can give that cost up, we'll trade it for the insurance, and give him that resolution. We're nothing special. Anyone would have loved him and seen the need. My only regret is the length of time it took in court. I would have loved to have been able to facilitate a properly aged set of parents who could love him as their own, maybe even with siblings for him! Maybe even who would welcome a set of doting Grandparents! As it is, we'll continue to do our best every day, and trust that if God brought us to it, He'll see us through it!   

I hear everything you are saying so I will admire you from afar.  In this day and age you are considered the few and far between.  You made that little boy your priority and look at him today.  Too many people today would not get involved and would not invest their time, energy or money to do what you have done.  We are in the midst of the "ME" generation and unfortunately this generation cannot put someone else ahead of them.  As Waylon gets older he will come to understand the sacrifices you have made for him.  He is special and you did what you thought was in his best interest.  I agree with Green Eyes, some things are meant to be.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2013, 11:52:36 PM »

I love the picture links you've posted, bearly!!!    Is that you blowing underwater bubbles? They're coming from your nose, right?   

No.  Look closer, they are coming from my....eye!  I was underwater hiding from a gang that was following me.  They were looking for trouble.  Just look at them, what do you think?

http://onebigphoto.com/penguin-gang/

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: October 14, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »

Hey, CBB, here is what Kentucky just issued on coyotes.  They are having a time with them all over.  We have them coming into the surrounding subdivisions here, at night they sound like babies crying and screaming:

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/KY-Issues-Rules-on-Hunting-Coyotes-At-Night-226929611.html

We made it to the Smokies and left one day before the shutdown.  We made our rounds across Newfound Gap, Cades Cove, Cherakee.  We covered everything before they shut it down.  Stupid politicians!

Not CBB and never played her on TV, but wish I looked like her for even a month.

That is terrible!  The noise must be scary, too.  Please be careful!

How was the trip?  Did you enjoy it?  Hope you are well.  

How is Landry?  She is in my thoughts and prayers.  Several people on my facebook are also following her and praying for her.  I also ask for prayers for her and others on facebook are more than willing to oblige.  Does she have a candle page?  Everything about this disease breaks my heart.  She always faces everything with a smile and makes my every day problems seem so trivial.

an angelic monkey

Oh Bearly, you are so sweet to think of Landry.  Thanks for keeping up with her.  She has her good days and her bad days.  They had her fitted for a walker so she can move around and that is helping her.  No candle page but I will bring that up to my niece and see if she will put one out there.  Yes, this disease is extremely bad.  She (to me) is a beautiful child and I cry everytime I look at her sweet little face and know her time is limited here on earth.  Bad thing is this new health care law might impact her treatments and the group of doctors taking care of her at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  See, our new health insurance now only covers you in the state of Kentucky only, no out of state hospitals or doctors.  Kosair Hospital in Louisville cannot handle this rare case and even they are not covered by our "affordable" health care.  I really don't know what will become with her if (and it looks very very likely) she cannot continue with her doctors in Vanderbilt.  This has affected Vanderbilt so bad that they are letting go over 1000 employees of the hospital.  Nashville is just about 60 miles from us and closer than Louisville but if you want 2nd opinions or the best treatment you go to Nashville.  There are just lots of illnesses they cannot handle here.  Landry's case is one.  They tried every hospital here in Kentucky before getting a referral to Vanderbilt.  Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  I know I do every day.

Yes, coyotes are scarey at night time.  They are really getting close to our house and I know they are wondering the subdivision near us.  I heard them the other day and they were very very close. 

Thanks again.  You are a jewel to remember and think of our sweet Landry.

I am just sick about this.  Landry is in my heart and in my prayers.  Landry's case is not an isolated one, either. 

I cannot believe all of the people whose health and well-being is being compromised by the new law.  I am also very sad to hear of so many friends and family in medical careers, in addition to my brother and sister health care workers who are being affected.  They are losing their jobs and their families will soon lose their homes if they do not find gainful employment elsewhere.  Where are they going to get another job?  All places where medicine is practice are affected.

There are many small businesses of friends and family, not in the medical business, who are not going to be able to afford to keep their employees on due to the new regulations.  Some have to shut down businesses entirely.  This will be affecting not only people who are close to me, but also people I don't know.  There will be more people with families on the street if they cannot find a way to pay for the health care required by the law or find a new job.  Their businesses will now be closed.

There are many large businesses, small clinics, offices, and hospitals that are now being affected or are closing altogether.  It is reprehensible that one law can destroy this many lives.  A friend recently opened before I called.  The insurance is now going to cost 3 times what it previously did.  He is contemplating closing his business.  There is no way he an afford to pay what is being asked.

Terrorism is a horrible occurrence and I do not mean to trivialize the harm it causes.  I cannot think of anything else that has come close to destroying our sense of well-being, affecting businesses, individuals, and families of this country as much as this health care law besides an act of terrorism.  My area was greatly affected by 911, there are families here left without mothers, fathers, and other family members.  I cannot think of anything more terrifying as a parent than to not know how you are going to maintain the health of your family, afford to get needed medical care, feed your family, and worry how you are going to maintain a roof over their heads.  It is that bad.

I am terrified myself.  I just got a bill for my son's health insurance that increased it 1/5 of our income.  I don't mean that is what it is going to cost, I mean that is the amount we need to pay in addition to what we already pay, and that is just for my son, that does not include my health insurance.  I have not been able to sleep worrying about it.  It is making myself and many others sick.  A health care law that makes people sick, how is that for irony.

My heart breaks for Landry and her family and all of the others who are affected by the changes being made to medical care.  I feel your pain, I am right there with you.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: October 14, 2013, 01:03:49 AM »

Thanks for the link, Blue Moon! I've heard what I thought were the wolves on Bays Mountain, right behind me, but now I'm thinking it may be coyotes. I don't know but it's one critter I wish was far away! I'm so glad you made it to the park before the children in the sandbox decided to punish the public for their own political gains. I'll leave it there, but my tongue's bleeding!   

I knew about Vanderbilt and it breaks my heart. We have patients effected as well. Lee County hospital is the closest one to the clinic and it closed Oct. 1 because of the projections under the affordable care act. With the coal industry in Southwest Virginia unable to remain open under the new and improved regulations, those poor communities have lost everything. Those were solid, good paying jobs; a rarity in that region, and when the hospital went, those jobs and the healthcare it offered, went as well. Big Stone Gap Hospital is now the closest and they are in the process of deciding whether to close. We're down to one Doc. The other one we had for 10 years waited to see if there was any chance of repeal, but decided to retire early rather than adjust to the additional demands. John's hanging with me, and we still have a Nurse practitioner as providers but we both know it's a matter of time. It would only take a hiccup.

I'm scared of coyotes, but terrified of politicians!

I am sorry to hear this CBB.  You have been in my thoughts as well.  I am not sure how we are all going to survive all of the sickness caused by a health care law.  It is frightening.  What does a politician, administrator, or an attorney know about how health care works? 

I remember when we were re-designing our ER.  They built a whole brand new, state of the art ER.  It was beautiful.  It was in a beautiful new building.  The problem was no one on the front line was involved in the building of this ER.  It was all administration.  When the nurses, doctors, therapists, etc. actually had to use it, nothing was where it needed to be to be of any assistance to anyone.  This was a trauma center, it was totally inefficient for trauma patients. 

What happened?  They had to tear the whole thing down, not just part of it, but the whole building.  The shape of the building and the rooms in it were made for the way the new ER was supposed to operate.  They then included doctors, nurses, therapists, and other staff who actually worked in the ER, treated patients, and used the equipment, in the planning and design of the new ER. 

Was a lot of money wasted?  You bet, more than most of us will see in a lifetime.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: October 14, 2013, 01:14:47 AM »

I love the picture links you've posted, bearly!!!    Is that you blowing underwater bubbles? They're coming from your nose, right?   

Oh you two

Busted!   

It was all CBB's fault.    

I am innocent, I tell ya, just look at the angel on my shoulder.  (CBB, I left myself wide open there, you could land a plane on the space I left open for you.)

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: October 14, 2013, 01:16:35 AM »

Hi CBB,

I am very saddened by what & Blue Moon have posted. Will leave it at that.  Keeping all in my prayers.

Do you still have your cute little guy? Hows your son & DIL doing?  About the same here. The next three school days are going to be fun. Daughters going out of town and I will be taking and picking up grandsons for school.  Of course they aren't in the same direction. So looks like I will be driving all over North Texas.  ::MonkeyEek::Youngest grandson will stay here but oldest one is staying home.

Yay!  Grandmom is in charge!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: October 14, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »

Hey, CBB, here is what Kentucky just issued on coyotes.  They are having a time with them all over.  We have them coming into the surrounding subdivisions here, at night they sound like babies crying and screaming:

http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/KY-Issues-Rules-on-Hunting-Coyotes-At-Night-226929611.html

We made it to the Smokies and left one day before the shutdown.  We made our rounds across Newfound Gap, Cades Cove, Cherakee.  We covered everything before they shut it down.  Stupid politicians!

Not CBB and never played her on TV, but wish I looked like her for even a month.

That is terrible!  The noise must be scary, too.  Please be careful!

How was the trip?  Did you enjoy it?  Hope you are well.  

How is Landrey?  She is in my thoughts and prayers.  Several people on my facebook are also following her and praying for her.  I also ask for prayers for her and others on facebook are more than willing to oblige.  Does she have a candle page?  Everything about this disease breaks my heart.  She always faces everything with a smile and makes my every day problems seem so trivial.

an angelic monkey

Oh Bearly, you are so sweet to think of Landry.  Thanks for keeping up with her.  She has her good days and her bad days.  They had her fitted for a walker so she can move around and that is helping her.  No candle page but I will bring that up to my niece and see if she will put one out there.  Yes, this disease is extremely bad.  She (to me) is a beautiful child and I cry everytime I look at her sweet little face and know her time is limited here on earth.  Bad thing is this new health care law might impact her treatments and the group of doctors taking care of her at Vanderbilt in Nashville.  See, our new health insurance now only covers you in the state of Kentucky only, no out of state hospitals or doctors.  Kosair Hospital in Louisville cannot handle this rare case and even they are not covered by our "affordable" health care.  I really don't know what will become with her if (and it looks very very likely) she cannot continue with her doctors in Vanderbilt.  This has affected Vanderbilt so bad that they are letting go over 1000 employees of the hospital.  Nashville is just about 60 miles from us and closer than Louisville but if you want 2nd opinions or the best treatment you go to Nashville.  There are just lots of illnesses they cannot handle here.  Landry's case is one.  They tried every hospital here in Kentucky before getting a referral to Vanderbilt.  Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  I know I do every day.

Yes, coyotes are scarey at night time.  They are really getting close to our house and I know they are wondering the subdivision near us.  I heard them the other day and they were very very close. 

Thanks again.  You are a jewel to remember and think of our sweet Landry.

Maybe in her case there is a way around the normal ACA rules.  I'd double check and write a letter to your governor and the president.

Great idea, Klaas.  The only problem is there are too many people that are also writing the same thing or at least they should be.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: October 14, 2013, 01:24:53 AM »

Hi CBB,

I am very saddened by what & Blue Moon have posted. Will leave it at that.  Keeping all in my prayers.

Do you still have your cute little guy? Hows your son & DIL doing?  About the same here. The next three school days are going to be fun. Daughters going out of town and I will be taking and picking up grandsons for school.  Of course they aren't in the same direction. So looks like I will be driving all over North Texas.  ::MonkeyEek::Youngest grandson will stay here but oldest one is staying home.

Hiya, GE!!  

Yep, I still have Waylon and don't anticipate that changing. We're going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow with his Pre-School and he's so excited about it! I'll post some pics when we get back, if I survive it.  
Have fun with your Grandsons, GE! It's so nice of you to help out and I know you enjoy it!

Can't wait to see the pictures!  They should look something like this:

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: October 14, 2013, 01:39:24 AM »

Hi CBB,

I am very saddened by what & Blue Moon have posted. Will leave it at that.  Keeping all in my prayers.

Do you still have your cute little guy? Hows your son & DIL doing?  About the same here. The next three school days are going to be fun. Daughters going out of town and I will be taking and picking up grandsons for school.  Of course they aren't in the same direction. So looks like I will be driving all over North Texas.  ::MonkeyEek::Youngest grandson will stay here but oldest one is staying home.

Hiya, GE!! 

Yep, I still have Waylon and don't anticipate that changing. We're going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow with his Pre-School and he's so excited about it! I'll post some pics when we get back, if I survive it. 
Have fun with your Grandsons, GE! It's so nice of you to help out and I know you enjoy it!

Speaking of which  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

She is such a cutie, Klaas.  It must be so frustrating that she is so far away.  She is growing into a beautiful young lady, I can see it already.

I can hardly believe my Grandson is going to be a year old next month.  Where has the time gone?

I got a new picture taken of the family, too. 

http://tinyurl.com/lmcntwp

Oh, and a Halloween picture, too.  What do you think?

I hope they got my best side.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #412 on: October 14, 2013, 01:45:08 AM »

Unfortunately, the photographers hung around a little too long!

http://tinyurl.com/mku84sk

How embarrassing!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: October 14, 2013, 01:53:18 AM »

Awwwwww........... gosh, Klaas, she's just adorable! That pic belongs on a Hallmark Card!

Removed picture as the implication could be taken wrong..sorry Bearly (klaasend)

Just saw this cute picture, that's all.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:35:27 PM by klaasend » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: October 14, 2013, 01:54:27 AM »

Awwwwww........... gosh, Klaas, she's just adorable! That pic belongs on a Hallmark Card!

You beat me to it CBB    Klaas she is going up so fast. She looks sweet enough to eat. What a cutie

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: October 14, 2013, 01:55:35 AM »

She is really sweet and cute and beautiful until you say NO, then she turns into a devil  Monkey Devil!

Good.  She's right on target.

an angelic monkey Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey Monkey Devil! an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: October 14, 2013, 02:06:42 AM »

She is really sweet and cute and beautiful until you say NO, then she turns into a devil  Monkey Devil!

You're not telling me anything, Klaas! Waylon was on prednizone recently for croup and I seriously considered hanging garlic on the windows, a Cross over the bed, and calling a priest.........    

" IRRITABILITY ", the side effects sheet said. It should have read, " SO YOU'RE THE ADULT READING THIS FLYER? SUCKER! "

That stuff shouldn't be sold in children dosage without an accompanying prescription of Vallium in adult dosage!

I was going to tell Klaas that her Granddaughter must be taking lessons from CBB, but I let it go.  This is just too easy, so I am not going to say anything.  Nope, not going to ask CBB if he had been watching her head spin.  Nope, just not going to do it.  Saying that CBB swings on moods the way a monkey swings on....nah, just not gonna do it.  I'll let this one pass instead of flingin' monkey poo.  I hope you appreciate this, CBB.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:59 AM »

Awwww, Klaas, that little girl is so cute!!!!!!

She is at the age where she has developed her personality.  My niece is the same age as her.  Boy, what a little drama queen.  It has been a long, long time since we had a little girl in our family and I didn't realize how much of a drama queen they were.

CBB, we really enjoyed the Smokies.  The mountains are GOD's country.  First thing we did is go over to Wears Valley to a little country store and got our peanut butter fudge.  It is the best I have ever had and we always stop and get a pound of it and then they give you a half pound free.  Well, that half pound is walnut fudge.  Fantastic.  The mountains were beautiful.  Colors were just starting to change.  I wanted to do the Blue Ridge Parkway but I knew the shutdown was coming and sure enough they closed a few things on the parkway.  Stupid politicians.  These parks belong to US.  We are paying for them.  I will shut up now before I get into trouble.  All I can say is the whole U.S. government needs to be removed from office, both sides, and we need to start over.

Have a good night all. 

Good night, Blue Moon!

I am not going to say anything either, I would hate to spoil my nice bear reputation.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »

Oh yeah, Klaas......... he did feel awful! I knew that he was not himself and was reacting to how he was feeling. The only relief he had from it was when he was able to sleep and prednizone interferes with sleep too! It was a long 5 days for me, but longer for Waylon, for sure! Croup is nasty stuff!

It is nasty stuff.  I felt so sorry for the little ones I treated in the croup tents, they just wanted to feel better and could not understand what was going on.  Here you are trying to strap something on their tiny faces when all they wanted was Mommy and sometimes Daddy.  They thought if they had her/maybe him, they would feel all better, because Mommy and sometimes Daddy could fix everything.  I learned really quickly that putting that mask on their faces was not the way to go.  Necessity is the Mother of invention, there are other ways to get the treatment in their bodies.  The meds were the only way to relieve it sometimes, and they felt better when they were in a cool wet environment, red face from fever, crying, and wiping at their drippy noses, and all!  Poor baby!  Poor Waylon!  Poor CBB!  Poor Mommies! Poor Daddies!

At home, I used to sit in the bathroom with the shower on cold and put some blankets on whichever child was sick (my boys or my younger brothers--my Mom was in the hospital a lot) and get some relief in sleep.  It was the only way to do it.  

I remember when Cubbie got his tonsils out.  They put him in a croup tent because he would not keep a mask on and I was under there with him.  I often found Moms asleep holding their little ones under a croup tent, both of them out cold from exhaustion.  (Most Moms can fit in those hospital cribs with their little ones under the tent, I remember doing it when Cubbie was a baby).  At work, I would then give the little one his breathing treatment without waking either of them up.  You learn to be that good, because you know what the alternative is.

I really want to do volunteer work in the hospital.  I miss my babies so much.  They always responded well to me, I think they recognized a kindred child spirit.  

The other ones that responded well to me were the psychiatric patients.  Okay, have at it CBB, I deserve it for all the ribbing I gave, go ahead and tell me about kindred spirits.  

You know, I really do love you, CBB!     The only people I can rib are ones I care about and...well...if someone was judging from our relationship online, they must have figured I really must love you a whole helluva lot!  

If people only knew what the offline relationship looked like!

There is no one I would rather be in a fox hole (or a monkey cage) with than you, my friend.  (This way I could put you on the top to cover my scared self).  

But, knowing you, you would already have voluntarily done that, because that is the kind of person you are (when the captain is walking by),  otherwise your brown-nosing self (you didn't know I was going somewhere with that earlier remark) would throw my sorry azz out of the foxhole and cover yourself up.  

You know I am kidding, I would definitely choose you for my partner in a tight spot (unless, of course, my other choice was George Clooney and then all bets are off).  Oh, c'mon, CBB, tell me you wouldn't do the same thing.

Or, we could share.

king  

Just in case your little buddy has to go back on steroids, here is something to help:

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:28:52 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:25 AM »

I will get you the name of that store.  They have a website and do mail order.  I think it is Grandma Rose or something like that.  I think it is in a store on the left after you pass wears valley called Rocky Top Store.

Pigeon Forge has a new place on River Road called The Island.  It opens this fall I think.  Well, it has a ferris wheel that lights up at night and does a light show.  It is the tallest ferris wheel I have ever seen.  Hubby wanted to ride it but I get high sick really easy and I would pass out getting up that high.  Believe me, Waylon will want to ride that.  You can't miss it, you can see it for miles.  It has an enclosed cabin and you can fit I think up to 8 people in each one and the wheel is so big I couldn't even guess how many people it would hold.  Waylon will want to ride it.  Be prepared.

Can I come?  Can I?  Can I? 

I wouldn't mind the cabin, but I don't like the seat.  I used to live across the street from an amusement park.  The stories we heard about long hair and ferris wheels...

I am not sure if they were true, but I didn't want to find out.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.