March 29, 2024, 12:09:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420824 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #440 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »

CBB, are the trees in the mountains changing colors much in your area?

We went to Mammoth Cave yesterday and I swear all the trees are still green as can be and none are changing their colors.  I think the leaves will turn brown this year and just fall off without changing colors.

I always enjoy the brilliant colors of the trees in the fall.  I just don't think, at least in my part of the country, that the leaves are going to change colors.  Must be because of the large amount of rainfall this year.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »

Hi Monkeys Sad news tonight.  I lost my sweet nephew tonight.   ::MonkeyTears::He had Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.  I will miss him. He was with us much longer than any of the doctors thought. Still knowing he would be leaving us before he should. It's so had to think he has passed. I know he is in a better place. It still hurts. My heart breaks for my brother.  Rest in Peace David. Love you Auntie

I am so very sorry, Green Eyes.  He and all who love him are in my prayers.  How old was he?  My heart breaks for all who have suffered and are suffering from MD.  We need a cure now!

Thank You Bearly   He was 37 Bearly he lived a lot longer than they ever thought. Yes we all knew any day he would leave us. He is in a much better place.Yes  they need a cure. They know what causes it and what they need to do to fix the gene that causes it. They just haven't figured out how to get into their bodies. He was a very special young man. I am so thankful we had him with us for as long as we did.  an angelic monkey

Yes, I have watched them struggle with getting that gene in the body through viruses and other ways.  It has to be very frustrating for the scientists, loved one's too, to be so helpless to save people from this dreaded disease.  You are right, he did live a long time for people with that disease, their prognosis is grim.  He must have had awfully good care from his family and attention to every need.

He is indeed in a much better place.  I hope his family is comforted by the many good memories they made together and the idea they will see him again and he will be healthy, as he is now.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: October 24, 2013, 12:25:36 PM »

Of course it was Sweetest Day, it was my son's birthday!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: October 24, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »

I realize it was a holiday made by businesses which would benefit them, but it is a nice idea and there is nothing else to recognize the people the holiday is for, unless they happen to belong to another category coincidentally.  I think it is a great idea and I will be celebrating, next year.  Thanks Seahorse!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #444 on: October 24, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »

CBB, are the trees in the mountains changing colors much in your area?

We went to Mammoth Cave yesterday and I swear all the trees are still green as can be and none are changing their colors.  I think the leaves will turn brown this year and just fall off without changing colors.

I always enjoy the brilliant colors of the trees in the fall.  I just don't think, at least in my part of the country, that the leaves are going to change colors.  Must be because of the large amount of rainfall this year.

What a shame that you will miss the beautiful colors of fall.  I hope you get to see it somewhere else.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #445 on: October 24, 2013, 02:16:24 PM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #446 on: October 24, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GkBDRUO8hAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is really cool

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #447 on: October 25, 2013, 08:15:18 PM »

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GkBDRUO8hAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw this tonight on the news (you are always one step ahead of them). It is funny to watch that kid run around with that lit up.  I love it.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #448 on: October 26, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »

I love this, but the Mommy in me wants to pick this little one up.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #449 on: October 30, 2013, 06:19:40 AM »

WARNING!  WARNING!  WARNING!  WARNING!  WARNING!  WARNING!

What you are about to see is the most graphic wreck I have ever seen.
It is a cake-wreck.  A cake-wreck, you say?  WTH are you talking about Bearly?

Has anyone seen the Vagina Cakes?  Bearly, you are joking and the word is  Vajajay!  (I want to know what a Vajpayee is.  This is the word Vajajay is trying to autocorrect to.  Who pays out the Hoo Hoo?  Never mind...)  

No, the words are a "Cake Wreck"  (My sincere apologies for using your name here, Wreck!) of a cake for Baby Showers.   I am hoping to heck JSM's Sister is not baking these on purpose, or if she is, they go out the back door!  

My sincere apology to JSM's Sister and all the real bakers out there, including our own Precious Monkey Baker, Monken, whose cakes are inspiring, lovely, and depicted here in her own thread, and our Monkey Cookie Baker, Nonesuche, and her lovely Daughter, Little None.

Monken's Cakes:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4894.msg1326609#msg1326609

Here are the crazy Vagina Cakes that are going to be bestowed on a bunch of unsuspecting Mommies-to-be near you.  Again, I am warning you.  You better have your eye bleach ready!  These are no mistakes, they are done on purpose!

(I have given you enough information if you really want to find them).

Has anyone gone to a shower where these 'popular' cakes have been on display?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:51:51 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »

Bearly - That's just plain awful.  You sure you want to leave the link here?     Somehow it doesn't seem appropriate for anywhere, lol.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #451 on: October 30, 2013, 09:59:06 AM »

Bearly - That's just plain awful.  You sure you want to leave the link here?     Somehow it doesn't seem appropriate for anywhere, lol.

OMG those are sick. Why would anyone think they were okay is beyond me. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: October 30, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »

Bearly - That's just plain awful.  You sure you want to leave the link here?    Somehow it doesn't seem appropriate for anywhere, lol.

No.  As a matter of fact, I was only going to leave it up for a short time in the wee hours (or at least it was the wee hours when I started, before I located Monken's messages and then dug through her thread to find the cake thread, and then put up the cake thread to find one of her beautiful cakes, and then looked up on the main name thingy to see if Nonesuche had an e on the end, in between jumping up and down, trying not to scream, and stretching my legs--you see what happened to my wee hours, suddenly the alarm went off and, well, I still haven gotten to sleep).  I had been up all night, my electrolytes are off and I have what feel like incredibly painful 'Charlie Horses' all over me.  I wanted to see if anyone had seen these cakes at recent bridal showers, but I forgot Purple Heart was coming and I got distracted throwing things in bags, packing Cubby's lunch and the whole time limping and yelling about these darn muscle cramps.  I am not sure what is worse, come to think of it, the sight of me here or those cakes.  So, you see why that link was still up.  I know one thing, labor was nothing compared to these muscle cramps.

It seems like it is the current thing.   I think it's horrid and I can't imagine going to a shower and not wanting to leave.  Would you leave a shower that had a cake like that?  I think I would stay for the Mom-to-be's sake, but I would probably either trip over the table with the cake on it or spirit it out the back door.

I have not been to a baby shower in a while.  I had been to a plethora of them and then I aged out.  It appears that these cakes are the current thing and if you have not been to a shower with one, they will be coming to a shower near you sometime soon.   Shocked pale

So, how was your night?

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:47:58 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #453 on: October 30, 2013, 10:37:13 AM »

Bearly A few months back I had seen some similar to those you posted. They weren't as nasty as these ones. But just as sick. I wouldn't want to be at a baby shower with one of them that's for sure. What happened to the cute little baby booties on the cakes?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:51 AM »

Bearly A few months back I had seen some similar to those you posted. They weren't as nasty as these ones. But just as sick. I wouldn't want to be at a baby shower with one of them that's for sure. What happened to the cute little baby booties on the cakes?

I don't know what has happened to anything, Green Eyes.  I want to keep my son home and pull down the blinds.  I have to use a walker when I go a moderate distance.  I cannot tell you the rudeness I have witnessed. 

I was at a candy counter paying for fudge to send to a friend.  A man behind me said, "Excuse me."  I started to tell him, there was no where for me to go (my walker was touching the counter, I was leaning on my walker and I was being waited on at the time).  He pushed me over the side of my walker.  This was in a candy store, and this was an adult.  When he saw what he had done, he said he was sorry, but the damage was already done.  There was nowhere for me to move and I was giving her my money at the time.  When I left the store, I cried my eyes out.  I can't tell you how many people have either shoved me, or fallen over the walker because they are not looking.  I have it right in front of me and it is bright red.  What is happening?

I can tell you there is a culture for people who are disabled.  We are up at night and go to the 24 hour stores, we sleep during the day.  Why?  Because of the behavior I am witnessing.  We are getting hurt out there on a regular basis.  There is not room for us in the world, at least not during daytime hours.

What is with little girls on stripper poles and so many things I can't tell you?  Now I see a performer who thinks he is God, what the heck is going on?

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »

I don't know what has happened to anything, Green Eyes.  I want to keep my son home and pull down the blinds.  I have to use a walker when I go a moderate distance.  I cannot tell you the rudeness I have witnessed. 

I was at a candy counter paying for fudge to send to a friend.  A man behind me said, "Excuse me."  I started to tell him, there was no where for me to go (my walker was touching the counter, I was leaning on my walker and I was being waited on at the time).  He pushed me over the side of my walker.  This was in a candy store, and this was an adult.  When he saw what he had done, he said he was sorry, but the damage was already done.  There was nowhere for me to move and I was giving her my money at the time.  When I left the store, I cried my eyes out.  I can't tell you how many people have either shoved me, or fallen over the walker because they are not looking.  I have it right in front of me and it is bright red.  What is happening?

I can tell you there is a culture for people who are disabled.  We are up at night and go to the 24 hour stores, we sleep during the day.  Why?  Because of the behavior I am witnessing.  We are getting hurt out there on a regular basis.  There is not room for us in the world, at least not during daytime hours.

What is with little girls on stripper poles and so many things I can't tell you?  Now I see a performer who thinks he is God, what the heck is going on?

Bearly I don't know when things started going down hill. Yes there are lots of inconsiderate people at there. I am sorry to hear about you being pushed at the candy store. These people are that way with everybody. I have seen young and older people ask someone to help them reach something and they are ignored or pushed away to grab something off the shelf. But I have also seen people giving help without someone asking.  I shop at all hours early mornings to late at night. It seems there is always some jerk in the store.  But for every jerk there are at least 2/3 willing to give a helping hand.

The young people have learned their bad behavior from the adults around them. One of my Aunts use to tell me when people are rude to say  Bless you.  Of course in todays world who knows what they would say back.  Just keep smiling Bearly .  Rude people don't understand the concept of smiles. They really don't.

Hugs and Prayers headed your way.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

I don't usually let it get to me, but that time, it caught me off guard.  It's not the kids that are rude, it's the adults.  It's not okay to hurt someone.

It's funny you should say that about smiling.  Just last night I saw this lady, and she was miserable.  I just smiled at her.  Usually, I get a smile back.  Not her, my Grandmother would have said she 'had a face that would stop a 10 day clock!'

Monkey Devil!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:49:49 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #457 on: October 30, 2013, 10:02:16 PM »

I don't usually let it get to me, but that time, it caught me off guard.  It's not the kids that are rude, it's the adults.  It's not okay to hurt someone.

It's funny you should sat that about smiling.  Just last night I saw this lady, and she was miserable.  I just smiled at her.  Usually, I get a smile back.  Not her, my Grandmother would have said she 'had a face that would stop a 10 day clock!'

Monkey Devil!

Regardless, I just stood there smiling like an idiot.  It was a genuine smile, I cannot help but smile when I see another person, it is innate.   

Cubby and I took my Mom to a Seafood Buffet for her Birthday.  It had everything on it, not just seafood, there was turkey, roast beef, and pork roasts carved right there, too.  In addition, there was a desert table complete with chocolate fountain.  I was smiling at a woman who 'central casting' could call up if asked to provide 'an old battle ax.'  I apologize for type casting, but she really did live up to her name.  She had already finished eating and was leaving.  She had a cane in her hand and she was holding it out to the side as she had it on the floor so she took up extra room.  I think you get the picture. 

I did not have my walker, because with my Mom's wheelchair, it was just too much to ask anyone to handle as we walked by.   Besides, it was only a short distance and the chances of me falling were pretty slim, so it wasn't like she had to wait for anyone.  I stepped aside for her to pass.  It was only me, she didn't have to wait for my Mom or Cubby.  I smiled at her, and she gave me 'the look.'  I kept smiling and she never broke her grimace or eye contact.  She had already eaten, so it wasn't that she was hungry, her face appeared to be stuck in this position.  Maybe it was gas!

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #458 on: October 31, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN Monkeys 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #459 on: October 31, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »

Happy Hollowen.   

We had NO trick-or-treaters.  Storms really bad in this area. Winds are up to 50 mph.  We have trees being snapped into.  Under tornado watch until 1am.  I guess parents decided it was too bad to let their kids out.  Really it is.  Several surrounding counties put their's off til tomorrow night.  The tree's leaves are falling off completely with this rain and wind. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.