March 28, 2024, 09:37:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420768 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #460 on: October 31, 2013, 09:44:14 PM »

Happy Hollowen.   

We had NO trick-or-treaters.  Storms really bad in this area. Winds are up to 50 mph.  We have trees being snapped into.  Under tornado watch until 1am.  I guess parents decided it was too bad to let their kids out.  Really it is.  Several surrounding counties put their's off til tomorrow night.  The tree's leaves are falling off completely with this rain and wind. 

Stay safe Blue Moon.  Crazy weather all around us. We had some mean winds today but nothing else here. Trees were bending back and forth with beautiful blue shy. Prayers no one is hurt.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: November 02, 2013, 03:22:50 AM »

Happy Hollowen.  

We had NO trick-or-treaters.  Storms really bad in this area. Winds are up to 50 mph.  We have trees being snapped into.  Under tornado watch until 1am.  I guess parents decided it was too bad to let their kids out.  Really it is.  Several surrounding counties put their's off til tomorrow night.  The tree's leaves are falling off completely with this rain and wind.  

That's terrible!  We got your winds (although nowhere near that high) this morning, in the middle of the morning.  I thought my windows were coming in!  Keep safe, please!  Let us know how you are.  

My car slipped yesterday going through my neighborhood.  The speed limit is 25, I was going well under that and the car still slipped on the leaves a couple of times.  Please be careful with the trees falling and the leaves on the ground, this goes for all Monkeys!  I was with a friend who has no family of her own.  She gets sad being in the house on holidays because she misses her Parents.  Cubby and I went to dinner with her at a restaurant her Parents used to go to with her.  We are making new memories with her.  I forget what happened, but we were all laughing so hard we could hardly breathe.  Unfortunately, in the last several years she has had 3 deaths, her Dad, Mom, and Cousin and she was in charge of everything for all of them.  It was so good to laugh, my son even laugh-snorted and that made us laugh harder.  You know what I mean, you have done it, at least I hope all Monkeys have experienced that kind of night.  

I spent a lot of time hand-holding yesterday.  My neighbor sold her house in which she had lived with her Grandfather.  The past several years she had to rent rooms.  One Gentlemen is living with her in her new apartment in another room.  That is the only roommate she has had that has ever worked out in the landlord-tenant realm of hers.  I am glad she does not have to do that anymore, but she is even more thankful!  It took 8 months to get everything straightened out so she could sell it.  The bank who held the mortgage, was sold to another bank and a myriad of paperwork to get through was born.  She asked me to come to settlement with her.  It took 3 hours even though every possibility that anyone could think of was gone through before this was set up.

I like to get out of my neighborhood before trick-or-treaters start, if I am going out, if not, I park facing away from the house so I don't hurt one of them, we have so many!!!  I like my son to give out some candy, though, as he is bothered by Halloween and I don't want to turn it into a phobia.  He used to love it.  As soon as he begins giving out candy, he gets into it and loves it.  There is someone who works with him (as a therapist) who is bothered by everything and complains to him, sometimes I think she transfers her anxiety onto him.  I really do love giving out candy and seeing the costumes!  We put a sign on the door saying "Happy Halloween" our candy is next door, with an arrow pointing to the neighbor's house.  She is good enough to give it out for us.

Having my Grandson come to visit was the highlight of the day, of course!  He looks co cute.  I always hate to see him and his Parents leave!  I cannot relate to those who say Grandparenting is great because you can send them home.  I understand why they want to, but I am not that person.  They and their Parents can stay as long as they want.  I don't mean I am going to be a waitress or short order cook, just that I enjoy having them around and watching them grow.  You miss so much when you cannot see them for a while because life gets in the way.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:07:00 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: November 02, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »

Hey, we got 4 trick or treaters last night.  Guess someone's parents thought it had been changed to Friday instead of Thursday.  I was more than happy to fill their bags with treats. 

The winds here were really bad.  Broke a big Bradford pear tree down just 3 houses from me.  But, pear trees are bad about blowing over in winds.  I expect our 2 to blow down one day soon.

A woman near here went out in the high winds and was picking up pecans that were blowing off the tree and the tree snap and fell on her and killed her.  The husband finally missed her and went to check on her and the tree was on her.  Really tragic but I don't think I would have gone out in these high winds even for pecans.  Too dangerous. I guess you never think it will happen to you and if a tree was to fall you would think you would have time to run out of its way but she didn't have time and it cost her.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: November 04, 2013, 05:59:20 AM »

Hey, we got 4 trick or treaters last night.  Guess someone's parents thought it had been changed to Friday instead of Thursday.  I was more than happy to fill their bags with treats. 

The winds here were really bad.  Broke a big Bradford pear tree down just 3 houses from me.  But, pear trees are bad about blowing over in winds.  I expect our 2 to blow down one day soon.

A woman near here went out in the high winds and was picking up pecans that were blowing off the tree and the tree snap and fell on her and killed her.  The husband finally missed her and went to check on her and the tree was on her.  Really tragic but I don't think I would have gone out in these high winds even for pecans.  Too dangerous. I guess you never think it will happen to you and if a tree was to fall you would think you would have time to run out of its way but she didn't have time and it cost her.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Oh, how tragic.  I hope her husband's head is not full of those what if questions today, and hope he knows there is nothing he could have done to help her.  That is a double tragedy!  My prayers are with both of them and all who love them.  You are right Moon, you would think you had time to get out of the way, maybe she did not hear it snap with all the wind.

Glad you got to see some kids in their costumes.  It doesn't feel like Halloween without the kids.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: November 04, 2013, 06:12:18 AM »

I saw this while looking around for something to bake.  I put it in the recipe thread, but see it is not posted in very much, so I thought I would re-post it here.

One Bowl Apple Cake
Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 3/4 c. sugar
2 heaping tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. oil
6 med. Gala, Fuji, or Honey Crisp apples
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and oil.
Peel and slice the apples and add to mixture in bowl (coating as you go to keep apples from turning brown.)
Mix together the baking soda and flour; add to the ingredients in the bowl.
Mix well (with a fork) until all of the flour is absorbed by the wet ingredients.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9”x13” or two 9″ round pans.
Bake for approximately 55 minutes.
- This cake is so moist and rich and just perfect for this time of year (and easy to make!)

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below now!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »

I believe in miracles!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »

Thank you to those who have served and continue to serve.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #468 on: November 11, 2013, 12:44:04 PM »

Thank you to those who have served and continue to serve.

Happy Veterans Day from me too.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #469 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »

Klaas we have had 5 earthquakes here in the last 5 days. All little ones. That in Calif wouldn't even be noticed.  I felt the one this morning and it was the furthest one from us. The other 4 were about 2/3 miles from us. It's just weird that there have been so many. For here any way. All I can figure is all the fracking going on with the natural gas is what is causing them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: November 11, 2013, 09:41:02 PM »

Klaas we have had 5 earthquakes here in the last 5 days. All little ones. That in Calif wouldn't even be noticed.  I felt the one this morning and it was the furthest one from us. The other 4 were about 2/3 miles from us. It's just weird that there have been so many. For here any way. All I can figure is all the fracking going on with the natural gas is what is causing them.

WOW GE!  I'm sure fracking is causing a lot of the small ones.  That's one of the reasons fracking scares me but I guess we have been doing it for years.  Seems like it's causing more problems recently though. 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #471 on: November 11, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »

WOW GE!  I'm sure fracking is causing a lot of the small ones.  That's one of the reasons fracking scares me but I guess we have been doing it for years.  Seems like it's causing more problems recently though. 

Me too Klaas.  It is just weird that there has been one each day the last week. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: November 14, 2013, 03:54:13 AM »

Happy Hollowen.  

We had NO trick-or-treaters.  Storms really bad in this area. Winds are up to 50 mph.  We have trees being snapped into.  Under tornado watch until 1am.  I guess parents decided it was too bad to let their kids out.  Really it is.  Several surrounding counties put their's off til tomorrow night.  The tree's leaves are falling off completely with this rain and wind.  

That's terrible!  We got your winds (although nowhere near that high) this morning, in the middle of the morning.  I thought my windows were coming in!  Keep safe, please!  Let us know how you are.  

My car slipped yesterday going through my neighborhood.  The speed limit is 25, I was going well under that and the car still slipped on the leaves a couple of times.  Please be careful with the trees falling and the leaves on the ground, this goes for all Monkeys!  I was with a friend who has no family of her own.  She gets sad being in the house on holidays because she misses her Parents.  Cubby and I went to dinner with her at a restaurant her Parents used to go to with her.  We are making new memories with her.  I forget what happened, but we were all laughing so hard we could hardly breathe.  Unfortunately, in the last several years she has had 3 deaths, her Dad, Mom, and Cousin and she was in charge of everything for all of them.  It was so good to laugh, my son even laugh-snorted and that made us laugh harder.  You know what I mean, you have done it, at least I hope all Monkeys have experienced that kind of night.  

I spent a lot of time hand-holding yesterday.  My neighbor sold her house in which she had lived with her Grandfather.  The past several years she had to rent rooms.  One Gentlemen is living with her in her new apartment in another room.  That is the only roommate she has had that has ever worked out in the landlord-tenant realm of hers.  I am glad she does not have to do that anymore, but she is even more thankful!  It took 8 months to get everything straightened out so she could sell it.  The bank who held the mortgage, was sold to another bank and a myriad of paperwork to get through was born.  She asked me to come to settlement with her.  It took 3 hours even though every possibility that anyone could think of was gone through before this was set up.

I like to get out of my neighborhood before trick-or-treaters start, if I am going out, if not, I park facing away from the house so I don't hurt one of them, we have so many!!!  I like my son to give out some candy, though, as he is bothered by Halloween and I don't want to turn it into a phobia.  He used to love it.  As soon as he begins giving out candy, he gets into it and loves it.  There is someone who works with him (as a therapist) who is bothered by everything and complains to him, sometimes I think she transfers her anxiety onto him.  I really do love giving out candy and seeing the costumes!  We put a sign on the door saying "Happy Halloween" our candy is next door, with an arrow pointing to the neighbor's house.  She is good enough to give it out for us.

Having my Grandson come to visit was the highlight of the day, of course!  He looks co cute.  I always hate to see him and his Parents leave!  I cannot relate to those who say Grandparenting is great because you can send them home.  I understand why they want to, but I am not that person.  They and their Parents can stay as long as they want.  I don't mean I am going to be a waitress or short order cook, just that I enjoy having them around and watching them grow.  You miss so much when you cannot see them for a while because life gets in the way.

How nice it is that you are helping and I do wish everyone to stay safe.

Yes, it gets lonely. Some Seniors never get to talk to anyone during the day. Some have animals to love and have the love back.

It is sooooo good to see all of you again, Love, IBE        still hanging in there and somewhere an angelic monkey   rah rah for Good Monkeys.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: November 14, 2013, 06:36:27 PM »

IBE!   We've missed you!  So happy to see you!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: November 15, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »

It's so good to see you IBE!!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »

Oh WOW IBE sorry I missed you. Great hearing from you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2013, 03:33:01 PM »

Blue Moon.....are you in the path of the bad weather?

Please stay safe.......Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2013, 03:48:22 PM »

Blue Moon.....are you in the path of the bad weather?

Please stay safe.......Mere

Yes, Mere, we are in the path---they just put us under a tornado watch until 9pm tonight----CBB will be getting these storms during the overnight hours.  Hubby just came in from outside and he said it is really weird feeling outside, kinda like "electricity" in the air.  We are just about finished having our son's bedroom expanded and doubled and the rain leaked in through the new window they installed.  They hadn't caulked it yet.  The rain blew sideways and it was very heavy.  Now we have a 2 puddles of water under the new window.  This makes his room now with a closet in the middle of the house so we have a big closet to hide in now.  We are keeping a watch on it.  It feels a lot like 1998 when we had a tornado and hail storm and it torn the town up.  I see they have had tornado's at Paducah and Owensboro both.  It is about 72 degrees outside right now.  Last Monday we had snow.  Go figure!   an angelic monkey

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »

I forgot to tell IBE how good it is to hear from her.  Take care and good to see you.  Hope you are doing good.

Mere, same for you.  I know you are glad to be away from these tornado outbreaks.  I hate it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2013, 04:04:06 PM »

I hope all of our monkeys stay safe in the storms. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.