March 28, 2024, 09:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420767 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2013, 04:07:31 PM »

Blue Moon.....are you in the path of the bad weather?

Please stay safe.......Mere

Yes, Mere, we are in the path---they just put us under a tornado watch until 9pm tonight----CBB will be getting these storms during the overnight hours.  Hubby just came in from outside and he said it is really weird feeling outside, kinda like "electricity" in the air.  We are just about finished having our son's bedroom expanded and doubled and the rain leaked in through the new window they installed.  They hadn't caulked it yet.  The rain blew sideways and it was very heavy.  Now we have a 2 puddles of water under the new window.  This makes his room now with a closet in the middle of the house so we have a big closet to hide in now.  We are keeping a watch on it.  It feels a lot like 1998 when we had a tornado and hail storm and it torn the town up.  I see they have had tornado's at Paducah and Owensboro both.  It is about 72 degrees outside right now.  Last Monday we had snow.  Go figure!   an angelic monkey

Stay Safe Blue Moon.   Looks like we have a lot Monkeys in line with all these storms. Prayers for all in the line of these storms.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »

Yes, Mere, we are in the path---they just put us under a tornado watch until 9pm tonight----CBB will be getting these storms during the overnight hours.  Hubby just came in from outside and he said it is really weird feeling outside, kinda like "electricity" in the air.  We are just about finished having our son's bedroom expanded and doubled and the rain leaked in through the new window they installed.  They hadn't caulked it yet.  The rain blew sideways and it was very heavy.  Now we have a 2 puddles of water under the new window.  This makes his room now with a closet in the middle of the house so we have a big closet to hide in now.  We are keeping a watch on it.  It feels a lot like 1998 when we had a tornado and hail storm and it torn the town up.  I see they have had tornado's at Paducah and Owensboro both.  It is about 72 degrees outside right now.  Last Monday we had snow.  Go figure!   an angelic monkey

Blue Moon.....the description your husband gave of the electricity was right before lightening hit a large tree close by.  I remember the feeling of dread....like I had to run from the car to the front door, and then BOOM.....lightening split a hardwood nearby.

Been watching western KY and your area.  Is the tub still your tornado room?

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »

IBE....it is so nice to see you....

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2013, 04:39:56 PM »

Blue Moon.....the description your husband gave of the electricity was right before lightening hit a large tree close by.  I remember the feeling of dread....like I had to run from the car to the front door, and then BOOM.....lightening split a hardwood nearby.

Been watching western KY and your area.  Is the tub still your tornado room?

No, the closet in the new room addition.  It will surround us with walls.  Right now the room is totally empty and the closet is big and goes back into the wall.  There is a tornado just west of us about 50 miles, gust winds was 170mph.  This is just like it was back in 1998, I can say I am really afraid right now.  I just checked on my nieces,  they are at Univ of L'ville and one is o.k., haven't heard from the other one and my brother in L'ville hasn't checked in.  Hopefully I will hear from them soon.  Illinois and Indiana are being hammered right now.  Hope any monkeys in those areas are o.k.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »

Just saw Illinois--east of Paducah--tornado destroyed 50 mobile homes.  Oh, I hope everyone got out before it hit.  They said the tornado was sill on the ground.  The one just west of me just crossed the parkway and is still moving.  I don't think they are to reach us until about 6pm, at least a couple hours away (I hope).

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: November 17, 2013, 05:17:28 PM »

Signing off--tornado warning just issued (early, must be moving really fast).

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: November 17, 2013, 05:37:46 PM »

Signing off--tornado warning just issued (early, must be moving really fast).

Stay safe Blue Moon!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #487 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »

All's safe one more time.  I really, really hate tornado's.  The tornado that hit Illinois was an F4 tornado and it was the first F4 to ever hit in November, ever.  I took several pics, it was really weird looking outside. Now, I have to get the builders out here tomorrow and caulk around the new windows they put up in our addition.  No flooring goes down until we see if it still leaks.  They should have known better than leave it uncaulked for the last 3 weeks, just asking for trouble.  May have to make them tear the drywall out under the window and replace the insulation cause I know it got wet also.

Have a good rest of a night.  I hope CBB doesn't get these storms.  Looks like they may be near her but maybe since it is after sunset they want be as bad.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: November 17, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »

I forgot, you know what was the worst about the storms?  We hadfour different tornado warnings and 3 thunderstorm warnings.  I had my cell phone going off with the warnings, the TV station was going off with the warnings, the storm sirens blaring away.  We were really warned ahead of time for sure!!!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #489 on: November 18, 2013, 12:25:45 AM »

Thank you Blue Moon for letting us know you made it thru the storms and you are all okay.  The line of storms went all the way from Louisiana to New York. Nasty stuff all the way around. Hope CBB is okay and lets us know how they are. So glad you are okay. My thoughts and prayers for all the people that were in the paths of the tornado's.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:50 AM »

Thank you Blue Moon for letting us know you made it thru the storms and you are all okay.  The line of storms went all the way from Louisiana to New York. Nasty stuff all the way around. Hope CBB is okay and lets us know how they are. So glad you are okay. My thoughts and prayers for all the people that were in the paths of the tornado's.

^^^^^

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #491 on: November 19, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »

Well dang it Klaas. We had 3 more Earthquakes here today.  First two an hour apart and the last one was an   
hour that. All within 4  miles of us.  The last one was a whole 3.8. LOL But it had a boom and the whole house shook  It is all the dang fracking.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: November 19, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »

Well dang it Klaas. We had 3 more Earthquakes here today.  First two an hour apart and the last one was an   
hour that. All within 4  miles of us.  The last one was a whole 3.8. LOL But it had a boom and the whole house shook  It is all the dang fracking.

Seriously, geez.  You guys are getting more earthquakes than we are in SoCal. It's just not right.  IMO it's stuff like this that is going to be the end of the planet.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #493 on: November 19, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »

Seriously, geez.  You guys are getting more earthquakes than we are in SoCal. It's just not right.  IMO it's stuff like this that is going to be the end of the planet.

It just amazed me how much the house shook with the 3.8  I know we have had something like 8 in the last 8 days. The people out here are freaking out. They thought their house were going to fall down around them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:26 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET tonight!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #495 on: November 23, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys

Hope everyone's staying warm & dry. We are in the low 30's for our high today. Suppose to have sleet tomorrow & Monday. I hope it's snow rather than sleet. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: November 24, 2013, 07:08:06 PM »

Hi all.....was watching the weather....got a call from Atlanta area family that there was a death and off I went for a few days.  Said prayers and the weather was great both ways.

Back now and prepping for Thanksgiving here....for 7.

How are all of you? and what are your Thanksgiving plans?  Any good recipes?   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »

Hi all.....was watching the weather....got a call from Atlanta area family that there was a death and off I went for a few days.  Said prayers and the weather was great both ways.

Back now and prepping for Thanksgiving here....for 7.

How are all of you? and what are your Thanksgiving plans?  Any good recipes?   

Mere  So sorry to hear about the death in the family. Glad you had good weather for your drive to and from. Going to daughters for Thanksgiving.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »

Green Eyes.....Thanksgiving with your daughter sounds so nice.  My daughter and son-in-law have a family Christmas gathering....sort of huge so I do not mind Thanksgiving at all.

Did the shopping yesterday and will start prepping today...set the table and clean house.

Don't know where you are but I am watching your earthquake notices....sounds sort of scary.

Blue Moon, I am missing the yearly snow which always started the week of Thanksgiving.  I learned to love it.....how to walk, how to drive, how to salt the drive so I could get out of the driveway....lol.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a wonderful holiday.   

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #499 on: November 26, 2013, 06:21:41 PM »

Green Eyes.....Thanksgiving with your daughter sounds so nice.  My daughter and son-in-law have a family Christmas gathering....sort of huge so I do not mind Thanksgiving at all.

Did the shopping yesterday and will start prepping today...set the table and clean house.

Don't know where you are but I am watching your earthquake notices....sounds sort of scary.

Blue Moon, I am missing the yearly snow which always started the week of Thanksgiving.  I learned to love it.....how to walk, how to drive, how to salt the drive so I could get out of the driveway....lol.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a wonderful holiday.   

Thanks Mere Thanksgiving with daughter will be interesting.

I live in North Texas Mere. The earthquakes are all little.  Being from Southern Calif. they are not much to get excited by. So far this month there have been 15 of them, another one today. What gets me is they have all but one been at the same depth and all in a 6 mile radius of us. Have only felt 3 of them.   

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.