March 28, 2024, 06:50:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420808 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: November 29, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »

Thank you Red!  I just now read your post was so busy cooking and eating.   

Except in my case, I was so busy cooking and eating.  And eating.  And eating....   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #521 on: November 29, 2013, 08:33:04 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2013 From Scared Monkeys … Thank You To All

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/11/28/happy-thanksgiving-2013-from-scared-monkeys-thank-you-to-all/

A special Happy Thanksgiving wish from Scared Monkeys …

As you spend time today with family, friends and loved ones while feasting on turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry and maybe watching some football, please take the time to remember what you are thankful for and give thanks. We all have something to be thankful for, sometimes we just all too soon forget.  As President Ronald Reagan said on Thanksgiving Day 1986, “Perhaps no custom reveals our character as a Nation so clearly as our celebration of Thanksgiving Day. Rooted deeply in our Judeo-Christian heritage, the practice of offering thanksgiving underscores our unshakable belief in God as the foundation of our Nation and our firm reliance upon Him from Whom all blessings flow.”

I would be remiss if I did not say thanks to the many readers of Scared Monkeys both on the front page and in the forum who make it a joyous adventure. We do not all have to agree, that would make life pretty boring. But we do have to find a way to agree  to make America work. I am so thankful to the moderators, past & present, in the Monkey cage at Scared Monkeys.net, San, CBB, Bearlyhere and Nut44x4, who volunteer their time who keep the peace and add their incite to so many stories going on in the news. And MuffyBee, who although is no longer a mod, adds much content and comments to the conversation.  Thank you to Blink, at Blink on Crime who does such excellent and tireless work and crime sleuthing. I don’t say it enough Blink, but thanks for all you do and giving me a smack upside the head every so often. A special shout out and thanks to Dana Pretzer of the ‘Dana Pretzer Radio Show’ who brings us some of they best crime guests, and pundits in the game today and provides us with fantastic interview of crime and missing persons cases! And a special thanks to Klaas, the oil that makes the engine work. Her hard work and caring of crime and missing persons cases is only outdone by here work behind the scenes. THANK YOU TO ALL!!!

Thank you, Red!

Great post by the way, I couldn't agree more and extend my thanks as well to you and everyone that contributes to this wonderful community and keeps it running so smoothly!

You're all awesome!   

DITTO!!  I whole-heartedly agree, TM

Thanks Red.  You, Klaas and all the mods are extremely appreciated for all you do.  Thanks for Scared Monkeys and all it contributes to the Missing.

Thank-you Red, Klaas and monkey family - for giving a voice, to the lost and missing. 
I don't think there is a higher calling than remembering the Souls, who can't cry out.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: November 30, 2013, 01:12:24 PM »

Thank you SM people....was such a nice Thanksgiving....and, as it often happens, guests sometimes ask others to join the meal, so we had 11....some at a card table next to the dining room table.  Everyone brought food and lots of them took carry out containers home....thank heavens. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

I guess it is time for some of my favorite monkey symbols....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2013, 02:55:11 PM »

This was my turkey.  I sprayed it this year with a little Pam and it turned out especially pretty 

Just got our tree this morning at Lowes and it's a perfect not too big tree (6ft).  We have 8ft ceilings so can't get much bigger than 6-7ft anyway.  This one is perfect shaped and so fresh!  Just starting to put lights on it now.  I'll post a photo tomorrow 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: November 30, 2013, 08:05:57 PM »

This was my turkey.  I sprayed it this year with a little Pam and it turned out especially pretty 

Just got our tree this morning at Lowes and it's a perfect not too big tree (6ft).  We have 8ft ceilings so can't get much bigger than 6-7ft anyway.  This one is perfect shaped and so fresh!  Just starting to put lights on it now.  I'll post a photo tomorrow 

That looks like good EATS!!! Almost too good to eat, ALMOST Wink
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #525 on: December 01, 2013, 04:11:47 AM »

I use Pam a lot with poultry.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #526 on: December 01, 2013, 04:18:18 AM »

Except in my case, I was so busy cooking and eating.  And eating.  And eating....   

Muffy, did you go from      to          lol

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »

Muffy, did you go from      to          lol

Yes, you clever Nut!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: December 01, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »

Still have a few more ornaments to put on the tree.  Started wrapping 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #529 on: December 01, 2013, 10:55:03 PM »

Gee Klaas I am still thinking about going out to the barn and getting the Christmas decorations out.  And you have your tree up and gifts wrapped. I only have three gifts left o get.  Since I only have 6 to get I am half done. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: December 02, 2013, 08:14:25 AM »

Y'all are making me anxious talking about being rady for the Christmas holidays.

I'm just getting over the ThNksgiving events!?!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: December 02, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »

WOW.....the turkey is gorgeous....thanks for the tip about Pam spray.  Thinking of turkey again at Christmas so that I can make turkey soup/gumbo after.

Now seeing the tree makes me think it is time to check out Lowes.  I wondered about a real or an
artificial this year, but that real one is just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: December 02, 2013, 07:34:44 PM »

WOW.....the turkey is gorgeous....thanks for the tip about Pam spray.  Thinking of turkey again at Christmas so that I can make turkey soup/gumbo after.

Now seeing the tree makes me think it is time to check out Lowes.  I wondered about a real or an
artificial this year, but that real one is just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.....

We got our tree at Lowes!  They were all very fresh!  It was $39.95 I think, 6-7ft. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: December 02, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

Sunset 12/2/13 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #534 on: December 02, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »

Amazing Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2013, 08:46:06 PM »

Sunset 12/2/13 

Wow, that is beautiful      

I love your tree.  I need to "go to my spare room's closet and pull out my little 4 foot laser light tree".   

We usually put up an artificial tree as we have a wood-burning stove.  We used to have a fireplace insert and we torn it down and replaced it with an energy efficient stove.  Boy it heats the whole house.  Just don't want a real tree around to cause a fire.

We are supposed to have an ice storm this Friday and we need to get in a couple ricks of wood.  If need be we can cook on the stove so at least we want be hungry or cold if the storm knocks out our electricity.  My hubby said we are in the zone for 3" or more of ice (personally, I will have to listen to that myself as I just cannot believe 3-5" of ice.  I think his hearing is going bad).

Klaas, I brine my turkey overnight in kosher salt and then bake it.  It comes out with a really cooked skin and so tender.  I don't have to put anything on the turkey and really don't have to baste it.  I use crisco spray so I will give it a try next time I bake a turkey or chicken. You's came out looking so good................

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: December 02, 2013, 09:42:29 PM »

Every year I think about getting an artificial tree.  The only thing really stopping me is no place to store it, LOL   

I've thought about brining my turkey but my husband would likely have a fit.  He likes things plain and simple.  This year I wanted to add and egg and some cinnamon to his yams but he said NO, only add brown sugar and marshmallows, nothing else or I'd ruin it..hahaha.   
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:10 PM »

Every year I think about getting an artificial tree.  The only thing really stopping me is no place to store it, LOL   

I've thought about brining my turkey but my husband would likely have a fit.  He likes things plain and simple.  This year I wanted to add and egg and some cinnamon to his yams but he said NO, only add brown sugar and marshmallows, nothing else or I'd ruin it..hahaha.   

Wow, you really don't have to do much in the way of "hard" cooking for your husband.  Really, brining makes the turkey so tender.  It is a very simple thing.  Just brine it and stick it in the oven-no basting, no applying salt, pepper, oil etc.  It really is a simple way to do it.  I only put water and kosher salt in a big pan, stick the turkey in it, put the cover on it and let it sit overnight.  We love it that way.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: December 02, 2013, 11:31:04 PM »

- I'll have to try it that way and not tell him, lol.  Think he'd notice a big pot in the refridge or counter, LOL ?
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: December 03, 2013, 12:13:22 PM »

- I'll have to try it that way and not tell him, lol.  Think he'd notice a big pot in the refridge or counter, LOL ?

I buy a Kosher turkey (Empire) - already brined Smile  Grocery stores carry them.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.