April 23, 2024, 08:14:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 421861 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: December 03, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »

This is one talented bear!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: December 03, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »

This is one talented bear!   

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5GPuQ01FpQM" frameborder="0 " allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is amazing. I still believe though that a bear (or any wild animal) would turn on you at some point.  He really did train this one good.  He better hope he has plenty of "rewards" for this dude.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: December 03, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »

- I'll have to try it that way and not tell him, lol.  Think he'd notice a big pot in the refridge or counter, LOL ?

I buy a Kosher turkey (Empire) - already brined Smile  Grocery stores carry them.

I have never seen one at our local stores.  I will look tomorrow and see if they carry them but I don't think they do.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »

I said I did not really believe my husband heard the forecast for our area as 3"+ of freezing sleet and freezing rain but he was right.  We are in the zone for frozen precip and either way they said to expect 2-4" rain or frozen rain.  Can  you imagine 2-4" frozen rain.  We will be without electricity for weeks if that happens.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: December 03, 2013, 10:42:54 PM »

I said I did not really believe my husband heard the forecast for our area as 3"+ of freezing sleet and freezing rain but he was right.  We are in the zone for frozen precip and either way they said to expect 2-4" rain or frozen rain.  Can  you imagine 2-4" frozen rain.  We will be without electricity for weeks if that happens.

Hope you don't get that much frozen rain, geez....I'm cold just thinking about it!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #545 on: December 03, 2013, 11:22:23 PM »

Hope you don't get that much frozen rain, geez....I'm cold just thinking about it!

Frozen rain is not bad to drive in, just slush.  It's when it accumulates on the tree limbs and power lines and breaks them into.  Last time we had an ice storm was over 12 years ago and we were without power for a full week.  At least this time we have a wood burning stove that we can heat with and cook on.  Hopefully the front end of the storm will be nothing but rain, the back end will probably be sleet, freezing rain and snow.  Our area Christmas parades are this Saturday, won't be fit for man nor beast outside.  It is suppose to be 70 degrees tomorrow and 61 on Thursday before it drops down to 35 and rain so it is borderline.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: December 04, 2013, 11:00:06 AM »

- I'll have to try it that way and not tell him, lol.  Think he'd notice a big pot in the refridge or counter, LOL ?

I buy a Kosher turkey (Empire) - already brined Smile  Grocery stores carry them.

I have never seen one at our local stores.  I will look tomorrow and see if they carry them but I don't think they do.

Good luck Smile  More importantly -- stay safe with the crazy weather that's traveling cross the U.S. Sounds like brining it yourself would be safer than traveling to the store!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: December 05, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »

O.K., I am ready for the winter storm.  We split a rick and half of wood yesterday, stacked it in garage for easy access, went to the grocery yesterday, fixed a big roast with potatoes, carrots and onions-tomorrow I will make a big pot of vegetable soup, washed up all our cloths and changed all the bed sheets.  Now I have to fill containers with water.  Need to run to home depot and get a few bags of salt.  I think now we will stay warm and eat good in case the power goes out.  It is 37 degrees and raining right now-thunder and lightning also-not a good sign.  I am tired and I think I will hang it up for the night!  Here is our forecast:

... IMPACTFUL WINTER STORM EXPECTED THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT...

.AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT PROGRESSED SOUTH OF THE AREA EARLIER TODAY. MEANWHILE COLD AIR AT THE SURFACE WILL CONTINUE TO FILTER INTO THE REGION BEHIND THE FRONT. SEVERAL MOISTURE-RICH DISTURBANCES WILL THEN RIDE NORTHEAST ALONG THE BOUNDARY ACROSS OUR REGION THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT. THIS WILL BRING A COMPLEX AND MESSY PERIOD OF WEATHER WITH SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE... WHICH IS VERY DEPENDENT ON LOCATION. THE TRANSITION WILL OCCUR INITIALLY ACROSS SOUTHERN INDIANA THIS EVENING TO AROUND THE OHIO RIVER THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT. THE TRANSITION WILL THEN SLIDE SOUTHEAST TO CENTRAL KENTUCKY THROUGH THE DAY ON FRIDAY. BE PREPARED FOR DETERIORATING CONDITIONS... ESPECIALLY FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH FRIDAY EVENING.

This forecast is for tomorrow and tomorrow night.  I am not really too worried about it.  It is the one coming in Sunday that has us a little worried.  It is solid freezing rain-heavy.  Then temps drop down into the single digits (8 degrees Monday night).

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #548 on: December 06, 2013, 02:18:23 AM »

We are getting the freezing rain now here in North Texas. Have about 1 inch and still going. Some areas already have 3 inches of the stuff. Suppose to continue until about noon Friday. Dropping down to 16 and then going up to 24. The roads area mess around here. So glad I don't have to go out. Got everything on Wed. when it was almost 80. Crazy 

Blue Moon glad you are prepared for this go round of weather. It's suppose to go all the way to New York. We aren't suppose to be above freezing for another 36 hours.

So everybody stay safe & warm. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: December 06, 2013, 08:24:38 AM »

We are getting the freezing rain now here in North Texas. Have about 1 inch and still going. Some areas already have 3 inches of the stuff. Suppose to continue until about noon Friday. Dropping down to 16 and then going up to 24. The roads area mess around here. So glad I don't have to go out. Got everything on Wed. when it was almost 80. Crazy 

Blue Moon glad you are prepared for this go round of weather. It's suppose to go all the way to New York. We aren't suppose to be above freezing for another 36 hours.

So everybody stay safe & warm. 

I just saw where Texas is getting hit.  Arkansas has declared a state of emergency.  They are getting it really bad.  It is training over that area and it is really bad there.  We are at 34 and so far it is rain.  My son drivers a small sports car and I told him this morning first sign of freezing rain to haul that car home.  You cannot drive in it when it snows or sleets.

It pays to prepare for ice storms.  We didn't prepare back about 10 years ago and we went a full week without electricity and no heat.  It was a mess.  So we wanted to be prepared this time.  Like I said I am not too worried about today (they say we should be) but come Sunday that is a different story.  Sunday's forecast is lots of freezing rain and it covers the whole state of Kentucky, then the temps drop down into the single digits and that is what makes this mess worse.  Will not warm back up for at least a week so you better be prepared for at least a week without electricity. 

Stay warm and safe.  Be careful if you have to go outside.  Best to just stay inside for the next few days.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #550 on: December 06, 2013, 08:57:37 AM »

Which is your favorite?  

http://www.buzzfeed.com((removing due to content))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:00:55 PM by klaasend » Logged

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: December 06, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »

Which is your favorite?  

Am I reading it right on #7?  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:01:12 PM by klaasend » Logged

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #552 on: December 06, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »

Which is your favorite?  

Am I reading it right on #7?  

The photo 'headings' are current commentary by the staff member who published the article. Sorry if offensive Sad

The photo 'captions' are from the original article.

My personal favorite......#4....'never look bored..even if you are'  Smile
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:01:36 PM by klaasend » Logged

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #553 on: December 06, 2013, 01:23:35 PM »

Which is your favorite?  

I thought these were kind of funny.  Myself I thought 8 was down right silly.  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:01:51 PM by klaasend » Logged

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: December 06, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14234.msg1580804#msg1580804

Which is your favorite?  

Number 7 talks about a "bl*****".  Also, the next three posts quoted the first.    Just not appropriate on this forum, imo, even if its within a link.  Why are people linking back to this stuff here?  

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:02:36 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: December 06, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »

Apologies . Please delete. It was not intended to offend.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: December 06, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »

Looks like we're all clear now!   Monkey Devil!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #557 on: December 08, 2013, 01:17:49 AM »

Well dang just had another Earthquake here. Waiting for it to be posted on the Earthquake site. I have no idea where it was but it rattled my desk and chair. But with the sandy soil here they can be felt miles away even little ones. I know they have had two 4.5 around Oklahoma city in the past day. Weird.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #558 on: December 09, 2013, 11:14:54 AM »

Okay were did the sunshine go? It was so sunny yesterday got up to 41 was a beautiful day. Yuck today just clouds and only 34. At this rate the ice is not going to melt. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #559 on: December 09, 2013, 08:13:04 PM »

Okay were did the sunshine go? It was so sunny yesterday got up to 41 was a beautiful day. Yuck today just clouds and only 34. At this rate the ice is not going to melt. 

Strange things are happenings LOL. Snow and ice in Texas, sink holes in California.
 We had mostly snow in VA, six inches but we are suppose to get another blast tomorrow. I really need to finish my shopping.

2 4 1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.