March 28, 2024, 05:32:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420802 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #560 on: December 10, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »

Okay were did the sunshine go? It was so sunny yesterday got up to 41 was a beautiful day. Yuck today just clouds and only 34. At this rate the ice is not going to melt. 

Strange things are happenings LOL. Snow and ice in Texas, sink holes in California.
 We had mostly snow in VA, six inches but we are suppose to get another blast tomorrow. I really need to finish my shopping.

Hi SuzieQ! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #561 on: December 10, 2013, 06:39:17 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9pm ET!

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #562 on: December 10, 2013, 07:05:21 PM »

Okay were did the sunshine go? It was so sunny yesterday got up to 41 was a beautiful day. Yuck today just clouds and only 34. At this rate the ice is not going to melt. 

Strange things are happenings LOL. Snow and ice in Texas, sink holes in California.
 We had mostly snow in VA, six inches but we are suppose to get another blast tomorrow. I really need to finish my shopping.

Hi SuzieQ! 

Hi Muffy 

2 4 1
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2013, 12:25:08 AM »

It's hunting season in the state of Kentucky and this baby better stay inside the Mammoth Cave Natl. Park boundary!!!!

He had no fear at all of us.  He walked right up to the truck window.  They were everywhere that day.  Guess they were hiding out from the hunters.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »

Gee Blue Moon that looks like the one we had in our front yard the other day. I couldn't get a picture. Hope he stays in the park. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:36 PM »

It's hunting season in the state of Kentucky and this baby better stay inside the Mammoth Cave Natl. Park boundary!!!!

He had no fear at all of us.  He walked right up to the truck window.  They were everywhere that day.  Guess they were hiding out from the hunters.

What a gorgeous animal 
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »

Oh, Klaas, he was so majestic looking and yes he was so pretty.  His rack had 10 points and he is diffidently a gonna if he steps outside that park boundary.  You don't see  many with 10 points on their rack.

For some reason this year the deer are really over-abundant.  Last Sunday as we were having ice/sleet/snow we drove to a nearby town just east of us and the deer were everywhere.  We saw a herd of deer, must have been about 10 of them out in the fields.  They were all over.  It's really not good when they get so abundant.  They end up getting hit by vehicles when they run across the road.  I should know, my hubby hit a BIG deer in my brand-new Toyota Highlander a couples years back on the parkway.  Two deer were in the median and one went one way and another went another way right into the front/side of my car.  It killed the deer and did 6000/damage on my car.  The state trooper that came and wrote the report up for us for the insurance company took the deer and put it in his trunk.  My understanding is they used to feed deer to the homeless but I don't think they can do it anymore "due to government regulations".  What a waste.  Deer meat is good if you know how to fix it properly.  It is good in burgoo which is popular here in Kentucky.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #567 on: December 14, 2013, 11:52:14 AM »

Hi Guys! Beautiful Deer, Blue Moon!!

John's brother hunts, but his wife doesn't care for deer meat. I asked if he had some that I could try for KuBear since I make a real effort to feed her meat daily. He brought me a whole deer!  Well....... it wasn't a whole deer standing there or anything,  .... it had been butchered and packed, but I couldn't get it all in the freezer, so I split it with Michael. His dog won't eat it! Talk about spoiled!

I have to say that I'm not crazy about the way it smells when cooking either. There are lots of folks around here that hunt just for the antlers or head and so I was hoping we could get a supply of natural, hormone free meat for both dogs without causing any deer to be killed. There are so many around that they can be pests, but I couldn't kill one........ just not in me. Like you, Blue Moon, when they start peering in car windows and, in my case, house windows, they're just too much like pets! I can't see the "sport" in it either!

I understand the meat can be tasty, but for KuBear, I just throw it in a skillet and have to add a little oil because there is NO fat in the meat.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: December 14, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »

Hi Guys! Beautiful Deer, Blue Moon!!

John's brother hunts, but his wife doesn't care for deer meat. I asked if he had some that I could try for KuBear since I make a real effort to feed her meat daily. He brought me a whole deer!  Well....... it wasn't a whole deer standing there or anything,  .... it had been butchered and packed, but I couldn't get it all in the freezer, so I split it with Michael. His dog won't eat it! Talk about spoiled!

I have to say that I'm not crazy about the way it smells when cooking either. There are lots of folks around here that hunt just for the antlers or head and so I was hoping we could get a supply of natural, hormone free meat for both dogs without causing any deer to be killed. There are so many around that they can be pests, but I couldn't kill one........ just not in me. Like you, Blue Moon, when they start peering in car windows and, in my case, house windows, they're just too much like pets! I can't see the "sport" in it either!

I understand the meat can be tasty, but for KuBear, I just throw it in a skillet and have to add a little oil because there is NO fat in the meat.

Have you tried giving the meat to KuBear raw, in small cubes instead of cooking it?  Then you wouldn't need to smell that awful odor. Cutting and dividing the meet into zip freezer bags (they come in pint and quart too) and freezing, taking it out as you need it might work.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #569 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »

Hiya, Muffy! 

No, I haven't tried raw meat of any kind. I know it's fine for dogs; maybe better than cooked, but I just don't like the thought of it, so I haven't done it. Actually, that's a good suggestion. There's a good bit of deer "hamburger" in what he brought and there isn't enough fat to even hold it together!

Thanks Muffy! I'll give it a try!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »

Hiya, Muffy! 

No, I haven't tried raw meat of any kind. I know it's fine for dogs; maybe better than cooked, but I just don't like the thought of it, so I haven't done it. Actually, that's a good suggestion. There's a good bit of deer "hamburger" in what he brought and there isn't enough fat to even hold it together!

Thanks Muffy! I'll give it a try!   

You might try mixing some of the raw meat with the cooked meat or other food you've been giving her.  I wouldn't give her just raw meat all the sudden or make any diet changes cold turkey  if it can be avoided.  JMHO  I've  raw fed my dogs for over ten years now, and I don't eat meat myself so I understand how you feel about not liking the thought of serving raw meat.    I got a real jolt the other morning when I dumped a baggie of chicken  necks into one of the food bowls and lo and behold there was a chicken head, eyeballs and all staring right at me.  My screams brought my men folk running.  I just couldn't help it.      

crazybabyborg
« Reply #571 on: December 16, 2013, 02:09:03 AM »

Honey, my screams would have brought the whole town running!!

BTW........... I really do think this might be my all time favorite Klaas-made avatar:    I've said it before but that elf looks way too happy and that reindeer looks way too "suddenly shocked!"   

We should name it! I dub it, "Fifty Shades of Christmas!"   
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2013, 06:34:26 AM »

Honey, my screams would have brought the whole town running!!

BTW........... I really do think this might be my all time favorite Klaas-made avatar:    I've said it before but that elf looks way too happy and that reindeer looks way too "suddenly shocked!"   

We should name it! I dub it, "Fifty Shades of Christmas!"   

Like the rain deer too.   Went into my profile and had a huge Senior Moment about putting in a new avatar. Would one of you kind monkeys put my new Christmas one in, but not loose the one that is now there so it can be put  back in later. I feel so pretty with the new avatar.   Like souped up eggnog!

Everyone,, have a nice Christmas; those spending it alone on purpose or not on purpose always have the monkey family. Stay safe, be happy or make it a work in progress, same for health.   With the country going the way it is I wish for our individual wealth but not sure, but we press on.; can't give in or give up.

Those of you who have black ice, keep it in mind. Love, Ibby an angelic monkey

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #573 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »

HI IBE - so good to see you!  I dressed you for Christmas and saved your normal avatar so we can add it back afterwards!
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #574 on: December 16, 2013, 11:57:46 AM »

Happy Holidays to all Monkeys!  I don't post very often, but thought everyone would enjoy this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/hallelujah-chorus-silent-monks_n_4433941.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »

You're always pretty, IBE, and Klass has you all ready for Christmas!   

I'd forgotten the risks and panic of this time of year with little ones. I had a panic moment 2 nights ago! Waylon had his wish list down pat without changes for weeks: 1. a sword, 2. tools, 3. bow and arrow.

I've had those 3 gifts purchased and wrapped for some time along with Santa's surprise gifts hidden away. As the days have ticked off, and he's had opportunity to speak with Santa, the sword has been the main thing he wants. Two nights ago, as we were leaving Chick- Filet's playground, the Santa Cow asked him what he wanted for Christmas. I clutched as I heard him say, "Buzz Lightyear Sword!"    John said to him that Buzz Lightyear doesn't have a sword, and Waylon shot back, "Yes he does, Daddy!"  We've watched Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 so many times, I can quote the dialogue and I swear I don't remember a sword!

Checked it out on the internet as soon as he was in bed, and guess what............ there's a Buzz Lightyear sword. 

Of course, all I could do was look at images of it because they're sold out everywhere. I found a used one on ebay with a "buy it now" option, so hopefully, it's on it's way but geez........ the thought of Waylon with 2 swords is enough to keep me up at night! It doesn't get any better even with my grown up son. He decided a week ago he wanted a rocksmith guitar bundle for xbox 360. Suuuure! Try to find one of those! They too, are sold out everywhere. Waylon's small tree in his bedroom has been up for a couple of weeks but I just got my tree up yesterday! I have reached a sad milestone. I can no longer pull it up the steps from the garage. My gimp foot claims another victory. Only when I mentioned that perhaps we should have Christmas morning at Michael's, since they had a tree and I didn't, did they rally and get my tree pulled up for me!    April looked like she'd been shot........ "But I'd have to clean house and fix breakfast!"     I think I can manage getting it down the steps after Christmas......... I can always throw it! 

Waylon's got 2 messages from Santa this year; one for "nice" and one for "naughty/nice". He wants to watch it daily, so depending on the kind of day he's having.............

Check it out:
http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gT6GJcTOXqpd_bx5ip9Qgdg       (naughty/nice) and

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gFYPtuBpWCCPjgOqN1IJJkQ        (nice)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »

Happy Holidays to all Monkeys!  I don't post very often, but thought everyone would enjoy this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/hallelujah-chorus-silent-monks_n_4433941.html

That's great! Merry Christmas, suzyinpgh!  
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #577 on: December 16, 2013, 02:37:46 PM »

Happy Holidays to all Monkeys!  I don't post very often, but thought everyone would enjoy this.

Thank you for sharing the video with us suzyinpgh. That was wonderful. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #578 on: December 16, 2013, 03:10:36 PM »

You're always pretty, IBE, and Klass has you all ready for Christmas!   

I'd forgotten the risks and panic of this time of year with little ones. I had a panic moment 2 nights ago! Waylon had his wish list down pat without changes for weeks: 1. a sword, 2. tools, 3. bow and arrow.

I've had those 3 gifts purchased and wrapped for some time along with Santa's surprise gifts hidden away. As the days have ticked off, and he's had opportunity to speak with Santa, the sword has been the main thing he wants. Two nights ago, as we were leaving Chick- Filet's playground, the Santa Cow asked him what he wanted for Christmas. I clutched as I heard him say, "Buzz Lightyear Sword!"    John said to him that Buzz Lightyear doesn't have a sword, and Waylon shot back, "Yes he does, Daddy!"  We've watched Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 so many times, I can quote the dialogue and I swear I don't remember a sword!

Checked it out on the internet as soon as he was in bed, and guess what............ there's a Buzz Lightyear sword. 

Of course, all I could do was look at images of it because they're sold out everywhere. I found a used one on ebay with a "buy it now" option, so hopefully, it's on it's way but geez........ the thought of Waylon with 2 swords is enough to keep me up at night! It doesn't get any better even with my grown up son. He decided a week ago he wanted a rocksmith guitar bundle for xbox 360. Suuuure! Try to find one of those! They too, are sold out everywhere. Waylon's small tree in his bedroom has been up for a couple of weeks but I just got my tree up yesterday! I have reached a sad milestone. I can no longer pull it up the steps from the garage. My gimp foot claims another victory. Only when I mentioned that perhaps we should have Christmas morning at Michael's, since they had a tree and I didn't, did they rally and get my tree pulled up for me!    April looked like she'd been shot........ "But I'd have to clean house and fix breakfast!"     I think I can manage getting it down the steps after Christmas......... I can always throw it! 

Waylon's got 2 messages from Santa this year; one for "nice" and one for "naughty/nice". He wants to watch it daily, so depending on the kind of day he's having.............

Check it out:
http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gT6GJcTOXqpd_bx5ip9Qgdg       (naughty/nice) and

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gFYPtuBpWCCPjgOqN1IJJkQ        (nice)

CBB the Santa Visit videos are so sweet. Love that Waylon has two naughty/nice and nice. Wish these would have been around when my kids even my grand kids when they were little.  I had to laugh at your panic over the sword.  Have had a couple of those over the years. But there was no internet. I can remember driving to every toy store and department store in a 50 mile radish looking for a couple things for my kids.

Merry Christmas to you and the family. So happy for you all and Waylon. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #579 on: December 17, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »

I just lost my oldest Jack Russell "Jack" - it hurts so bad.  He apparently had a stroke and had to be put down all within less than 30-45 minutes time - no warning whatsoever.  He was playing and chasing squirrels and everything was normal until he woke up from a nap.  Just felt like I wanted to share this here.  This was his last picture just a few minutes before being put down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.