March 29, 2024, 04:20:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420848 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #600 on: December 25, 2013, 10:27:03 PM »

Dusted off our tree from 2006    Merry Christmas to All!

OH! I LOVE SEEING THAT, KLAAS!!  Thank you and Merry Christmas!!   

Hope all had a joyous day filled with love and the Spirit of Christmas!!

I'm really tired and the house is a mess, but I'm incredibly Blessed that I had family around me, people to catch my smile and return it, my dog to feed from the table, no new empty chairs, and even though I'm not all I'd like to be, I'm forgiven for the shortcomings and encouraged to try harder! I'm so grateful for you all as well. SM's a place of kindred spirits and I love you all!

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #601 on: December 25, 2013, 10:30:20 PM »

OK.............. how many of us on Klass's tree can we name, hmmmm???

crazybabyborg
« Reply #602 on: December 26, 2013, 12:25:57 AM »

I numbered and slightly enlarged Klaas's Tree. How many monkeys can you name? Can we make a complete list? I'll fill in a few to get us started and Klaas is the final judge on the accuracy!.  

1. Nonesuche                                                                                           41.
2.                                                                                                          42.
3.                                                                                                          43.
4.                                                                                                          44. Peaches
5.                                                                                                          45.
6.                                                                                                          46.
7.                                                                                                          47.
8.                                                                                                          48.
9.                                                                                                          49.
10.                                                                                                        50. IndyDan
11.                                                                                                        51.
12.                                                                                                        52.
13.                                                                                                        53.
14.                                                                                                        54.
15.                                                                                                        55.
16.  Klaas                                                                                               56.
17.  dkpen                                                                                              57.
18.                                                                                                        58. Robot
19.                                                                                                        59.
20.                                                                                                        60.
21.                                                                                                        61.
22.                                                                                                        62.
23. Hummingbird                                                                                       63.
24.                                                                                                        64.
25.                                                                                                        65.
26.                                                                                                        66.
27.                                                                                                        67.
28.                                                                                                        68.
29.                                                                                                        69.
30.  Rooscrew                                                                                         70.
31.                                                                                                        71.
32.                                                                                                        72. Louise
33.                                                                                                        73.
34.                                                                                                        74.
35.                                                                                                        75.
36.                                                                                                        76.
37.                                                                                                        77.
38.                                                                                                        78.
39.                                                                                                        79. Mrs. Red
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 12:43:43 AM by CBB » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #603 on: December 26, 2013, 12:44:32 AM »

CBB
No idea they were before my time. 

How did Waylon do with his two swords?  Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great day here also. Glad it's over but was fun to have everyone here.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #604 on: December 26, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »

CBB
No idea they were before my time. 

How did Waylon do with his two swords?  Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great day here also. Glad it's over but was fun to have everyone here.

Some monkeys are still here and if you look closely, you'll recognize them.  Some of us have had "facelifts", like Muffy, Carpe, and even me!

Waylon had a fabulous Christmas and has been a really good boy today! The two swords haven't presented a problem so far!    He's been at my house all day with everybody else, and most importantly, with KuBear. Shortly after Waylon came to live with us, Ku put him in his place (with a sharp growl) when he got a little rough, and it scared him............ and me! Waylon's almost always gentle with her since then. There are two smaller dogs at the lake that he can be a problem with and that's where and when the two swords will be tested. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I couldn't have asked for a sweeter kid today. John and I've joked that if we could just make everyday Christmas for him, we'd have no problems at all! We'd be dead and broke in no time, but Waylon would be a joy all the time!   

I'm glad you had fun and a great Christmas, GE!  I haven't totally cleaned up from it, but as Miss Scarlet would say, "After all, tomorrow is another day!"     <---- (in honer of the Green Velvet drapes/dress)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: December 26, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »

I numbered and slightly enlarged Klaas's Tree. How many monkeys can you name? Can we make a complete list? I'll fill in a few to get us started and Klaas is the final judge on the accuracy!.  

1. Nonesuche                                                                                           41.
2.                                                                                                          42.  SAN
3.                                                                                                          43.
4.                                                                                                          44. Peaches
5.                                                                                                          45.
6.                                                                                                          46. THE BIG HAMMER
7.                                                                                                          47.
8.                                                                                                          48.
9.                                                                                                          49. SUNNYINTX
10.                                                                                                        50. IndyDan
11.                                                                                                        51.
12.                                                                                                        52.
13.                                                                                                        53.
14.                                                                                                        54.
15.                                                                                                        55.
16.  Klaas                                                                                               56.
17.  dkpen                                                                                              57.
18.                                                                                                        58. Robot
19.                                                                                                        59.
20. CBB                                                                                                  60.
21.                                                                                                        61.
22. LESLIE::snowmanlaugh::                                                                      62.
23. Hummingbird                                                                                       63.
24. SANDY LEIVA                                                                                     64.
25.                                                                                                        65. A'S FEVER
26.                                                                                                        66.  IBE
27.  ONO                                                                                                67.  MAGNOLIA
28.                                                                                                        68.  NUT
29.                                                                                                        69.  OLD FART
30.  Rooscrew                                                                                         70. SLEUTH
31.                                                                                                        71.
32.                                                                                                        72. Louise VARGAS
33.                                                                                                        73.
34.  ATLMETROGUY                                                                                   74.  DANA PRETZER
35.                                                                                                        75.
36.  KIMMY53                                                                                          76.
37.                                                                                                        77.
38.                                                                                                        78.
39.                                                                                                        79. Mrs. Red

Most have changed their avatars.  I do know more than that just don't have time to "play" with it right now. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #606 on: December 26, 2013, 11:03:27 AM »

2. Red                                                                                             42.  SAN
6.                                                                                                          46. THE BIG HAMMER
7.                                                                                                          47. Nut
8. Crazymom                                                                                    48.
9.                                                                                                          49. SUNNYINTX
13.  Thirdstrike                                                                                 53.
15.                                                                                                        55. Cubbee
18. SB                                                                                            58. Robot
20. CBB                                                                                                  60.
22. LESLIE::snowmanlaugh::                                                                      62. AZSunny
23. Hummingbird                                                                                      63.
24. SANDY LEIVA                                                                                     64.
25.                                                                                                        65. A'S FEVER
26.  Mere                                                                                        66.  IBE
27.  ONO                                                                                                67.  MAGNOLIA
28.                                                                                                        68.  NUT
29.                                                                                                        69.  OLD FART
30.  Rooscrew                                                                                         70. SLEUTH
32.  2NJ                                                                                          72. Louise VARGAS
34.  ATLMETROGUY                                                                                  74.  DANA PRETZER
36.  KIMMY53                                                                                          76.
37.                                                                                                        77.  Spooky

Most have changed their avatars.  I do know more than that just don't have time to "play" with it right now. 

I came through and added a few names. I italicized them so you can check them, Klaas. I'm so glad you named ATLMETROGUY! When I was numbering them, I couldn't come up with the name, and it was bugging me!   
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: December 27, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »

Hi Guys! Beautiful Deer, Blue Moon!!

John's brother hunts, but his wife doesn't care for deer meat. I asked if he had some that I could try for KuBear since I make a real effort to feed her meat daily. He brought me a whole deer!  Well....... it wasn't a whole deer standing there or anything,  .... it had been butchered and packed, but I couldn't get it all in the freezer, so I split it with Michael. His dog won't eat it! Talk about spoiled!

I have to say that I'm not crazy about the way it smells when cooking either. There are lots of folks around here that hunt just for the antlers or head and so I was hoping we could get a supply of natural, hormone free meat for both dogs without causing any deer to be killed. There are so many around that they can be pests, but I couldn't kill one........ just not in me. Like you, Blue Moon, when they start peering in car windows and, in my case, house windows, they're just too much like pets! I can't see the "sport" in it either!

I understand the meat can be tasty, but for KuBear, I just throw it in a skillet and have to add a little oil because there is NO fat in the meat.

I have been sitting here kerflunkled, CBB.  I thought you said that the deer pee-ing in your car window and house windows were too much like pets.  I was wondering how the heck they pee in your windows and why you let your pets do that.  Back to your regularly scheduled normal Monkey program...

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: December 27, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »

Hiya, Muffy! 

No, I haven't tried raw meat of any kind. I know it's fine for dogs; maybe better than cooked, but I just don't like the thought of it, so I haven't done it. Actually, that's a good suggestion. There's a good bit of deer "hamburger" in what he brought and there isn't enough fat to even hold it together!

Thanks Muffy! I'll give it a try!   

You might try mixing some of the raw meat with the cooked meat or other food you've been giving her.  I wouldn't give her just raw meat all the sudden or make any diet changes cold turkey  if it can be avoided.  JMHO  I've  raw fed my dogs for over ten years now, and I don't eat meat myself so I understand how you feel about not liking the thought of serving raw meat.    I got a real jolt the other morning when I dumped a baggie of chicken  necks into one of the food bowls and lo and behold there was a chicken head, eyeballs and all staring right at me.  My screams brought my men folk running.  I just couldn't help it.      

Yikes!  Good thing it wasn't the rest of the chicken running around without it's head.  I feel like I stepped into an episode of Animal Planet goes awry!

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: December 27, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »

Smile 

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: December 27, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »

You're always pretty, IBE, and Klass has you all ready for Christmas!   

I'd forgotten the risks and panic of this time of year with little ones. I had a panic moment 2 nights ago! Waylon had his wish list down pat without changes for weeks: 1. a sword, 2. tools, 3. bow and arrow.

I've had those 3 gifts purchased and wrapped for some time along with Santa's surprise gifts hidden away. As the days have ticked off, and he's had opportunity to speak with Santa, the sword has been the main thing he wants. Two nights ago, as we were leaving Chick- Filet's playground, the Santa Cow asked him what he wanted for Christmas. I clutched as I heard him say, "Buzz Lightyear Sword!"    John said to him that Buzz Lightyear doesn't have a sword, and Waylon shot back, "Yes he does, Daddy!"  We've watched Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 so many times, I can quote the dialogue and I swear I don't remember a sword!

Checked it out on the internet as soon as he was in bed, and guess what............ there's a Buzz Lightyear sword. 

Of course, all I could do was look at images of it because they're sold out everywhere. I found a used one on ebay with a "buy it now" option, so hopefully, it's on it's way but geez........ the thought of Waylon with 2 swords is enough to keep me up at night! It doesn't get any better even with my grown up son. He decided a week ago he wanted a rocksmith guitar bundle for xbox 360. Suuuure! Try to find one of those! They too, are sold out everywhere. Waylon's small tree in his bedroom has been up for a couple of weeks but I just got my tree up yesterday! I have reached a sad milestone. I can no longer pull it up the steps from the garage. My gimp foot claims another victory. Only when I mentioned that perhaps we should have Christmas morning at Michael's, since they had a tree and I didn't, did they rally and get my tree pulled up for me!    April looked like she'd been shot........ "But I'd have to clean house and fix breakfast!"     I think I can manage getting it down the steps after Christmas......... I can always throw it! 

Waylon's got 2 messages from Santa this year; one for "nice" and one for "naughty/nice". He wants to watch it daily, so depending on the kind of day he's having.............

Check it out:
http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gT6GJcTOXqpd_bx5ip9Qgdg       (naughty/nice) and

http://www.portablenorthpole.com/watch/gFYPtuBpWCCPjgOqN1IJJkQ        (nice)

I went to wrap presents and discovered, I don't have a chair or table.  My Mom's stuff is from the front door to the back.  I don't have a basement or garage.  I have an attic and that is full of her stuff.  I have nowhere to sit and no table to wrap gifts on.  I have a very tiny space on the floor where I can get down on the floor and wrap presents.  It hurts to get down and get up from the floor, and sitting on the floor increases my pain for a few days.  Her stuff in the attic is in front of my stuff.  I cannot even get my decorations down from the attic.  We get a live tree, but I could not get one, there is nowhere to put it and even if there was, I can't get to the decorations.  I feel claustrophobic!

I am so sorry about your foot, CBB!  Don't you drag that tree anywhere after Christmas!  You have people who are capable of doing it for you.  You will only aggravate your injury and you, yourself, will be even more aggravated.  Please, I am not asking you, I am begging you.  Even if you have to hire a handyman to do it, do it.  Don't shower for a month and save the money on the water bill.  (Then they'll be sorry!)  I am serious.  Don't. Do.  It!!!

You could always leave it up and decorate it for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter.....

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: December 27, 2013, 10:06:01 PM »

Happy Holidays to all Monkeys!  I don't post very often, but thought everyone would enjoy this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/12/hallelujah-chorus-silent-monks_n_4433941.html

Thank you for sharing the video with us suzyinpgh. That was wonderful. 

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #612 on: December 29, 2013, 07:54:15 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Son is on his way home. His plane left at 6 this morning. Was wonderful to have here with us this Christmas. He and his sister had plans to go here and there but with his tooth getting infected they didn't get to do any of it.  But his dad & I got to spend lots of time with him.  I was good I didn't cry until after they pulled out of the drive way. 

Hope everyone's having a good week end. Everyone is safe and warm.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: December 29, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »

Hi Monkeys.....somewhere between Christmas and New Year's....and I wish you all the very best.

It has been 18 years since I spent Christmas at home.  Pulled out 16 bins of ornaments and decorations....bought a new wonderful artificial tree....welcomed my sister from out of town....
started cooking....was in and out of the grocery every couple of days....went to daughter's
family Christmas party, so saw all the relatives at one time.  Had a morning coffee for all the
siblings....and they stayed until supper...!  I am back home...!!! 

ps....love the monkey tree...I am #26...guess it is time to remove the Saint's emblem and replace with
my first monkey face....if I can find it....lol.

And as hard as it was.....Hugs to KC for sharing with us.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: December 29, 2013, 01:36:17 PM »

Hi Monkeys.....somewhere between Christmas and New Year's....and I wish you all the very best.

It has been 18 years since I spent Christmas at home.  Pulled out 16 bins of ornaments and decorations....bought a new wonderful artificial tree....welcomed my sister from out of town....
started cooking....was in and out of the grocery every couple of days....went to daughter's
family Christmas party, so saw all the relatives at one time.  Had a morning coffee for all the
siblings....and they stayed until supper...!  I am back home...!!! 

ps....love the monkey tree...I am #26...guess it is time to remove the Saint's emblem and replace with
my first monkey face....if I can find it....lol.

And as hard as it was.....Hugs to KC for sharing with us.

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas!  Here's a few I have for you!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #615 on: December 29, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »

Sounds like GE and Mere had a wonderful Christmas!   

Bearly? You're in a tight spot....literally!!    I hope you can clear a path soon, and that 2014 will be a "Look Up" year for you!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #616 on: December 29, 2013, 06:52:07 PM »

1. Nonesuche                                                                                         41. Sue
2. Red                                                                                                    42. SAN
3.                                                                                                           43. Tylergal
4.                                                                                                           44. Peaches
5. Frijoli                                                                                                  45.
6. Carnut                                                                                                46. THE BIG HAMMER
7.                                                                                                           47.
8. Crazymom                                                                                         48.
10.                                                                                                         50. IndyDan
11.                                                                                                         51.
12.                                                                                                         52.
13. Thirdstrike                                                                                       53. Memphis
14.                                                                                                         54.
15.                                                                                                         55. Cubbee
16.  Klaas                                                                                                56. Hotshot
17.  dkpen                                                                                               57.
18.                                                                                                         58. Robots
19.                                                                                                         59.
20.  CBB                                                                                                  60.
21.                                                                                                         61.
22. LESLIE                                                                                               62. AZSunny
24. SANDY LEIVA                                                                                      64.
25.                                                                                                         65. A'S FEVER
26. Mere                                                                                                 66. IBE
27. ONO                                                                                                 67. MAGNOLIA
28.                                                                                                        68. NUT
29.                                                                                                        69. OLD FART
31.  NM                                                                                                  71.
32.  2NJ                                                                                                 72. LouiseVARGAS
34.  ATLMETROGUY                                                                                  74. DANA PRETZER
35.                                                                                                        75. MsVada
36. KIMMY53                                                                                           76. Jaqueline
37. CP405 (?)                                                                                          77. Spookey

I added you, Mere, along with me ( 20 ) and Crazymom (  8  ).

Klaas............... Jaqueline is number 76 (The ballet slipper) and NM is #31. Is 37 CP405? I'm pretty sure 56 is Hotshot and 75 is MsVada. Tylergal is 43, I think? Frijoli is no. 5, and Memphis is 53. I see Bleached Black but it looks like I missed numbering her. She's between 55 and 57.   I think no. 6 is Carnut. I'm going to let you keep the master copy 'cause I feel funny modifying your posts!   After all, being the T Rex and all.........     I trust your memory better than mine, Klaas, so check me please?  Klaas, if you know no. 41, please tell me because that one is killing me....... I distinctly remember you and I both doing avatars for that one and I cannot come up with a name....... yet!   (tick tock, tick tock)..... I found it! It's SUE! WOO HOO, 41 is SUE! Now, I'm going to sleep!   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:33:16 AM by CBB » Logged
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: December 30, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »

Wishing all you monkeys  an early Happy New Year!!!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #618 on: December 30, 2013, 04:56:01 PM »

Thanks, Trimm! Happy New Year to you and yours, too! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: December 30, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.