March 29, 2024, 09:08:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420874 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »

Yes CBB - It is SUE this was her 2007 avatar:

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: December 30, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »

Hi Monkeys.....somewhere between Christmas and New Year's....and I wish you all the very best.

It has been 18 years since I spent Christmas at home.  Pulled out 16 bins of ornaments and decorations....bought a new wonderful artificial tree....welcomed my sister from out of town....
started cooking....was in and out of the grocery every couple of days....went to daughter's
family Christmas party, so saw all the relatives at one time.  Had a morning coffee for all the
siblings....and they stayed until supper...!  I am back home...!!! 

ps....love the monkey tree...I am #26...guess it is time to remove the Saint's emblem and replace with
my first monkey face....if I can find it....lol.

And as hard as it was.....Hugs to KC for sharing with us.

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas!  Here's a few I have for you!

Klaas...the best Christmas gift...thanks.  I have gone through two computers looking for the old pictures
and here they are...!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »

I even have more Mere!  That was the original size and I can always make them a little bigger for you if you want.  I have a very large external hard drive that I have had for a long time.  I move everything off my main computer and onto the hard drive.  I have YEARS of stuff saved there 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #623 on: December 31, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »

Love it!! I seem to remember you put that one on the 2007 Christmas tree! You just kept getting better and better each year with the Monkey Christmas Trees! That one really gave me brain cramps!   

I should also thank you for naming Old Fart's pic. I kept looking at it and thinking, "Oh, I remember that; I should know that one!" I don't think I would have ever connected it to Old Fart without your help, though. There's one that I have absolutely no recollection of AT ALL! Any idea who 74 is? It doesn't look familiar to me in any way!   

Is no. 9 Blah?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: December 31, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »

Love it!! I seem to remember you put that one on the 2007 Christmas tree! You just kept getting better and better each year with the Monkey Christmas Trees! That one really gave me brain cramps!   

I should also thank you for naming Old Fart's pic. I kept looking at it and thinking, "Oh, I remember that; I should know that one!" I don't think I would have ever connected it to Old Fart without your help, though. There's one that I have absolutely no recollection of AT ALL! Any idea who 74 is? It doesn't look familiar to me in any way!   

Is no. 9 Blah?

I think 9 is Blah.  I'll have to check later.   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #625 on: December 31, 2013, 10:52:04 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS MONKEYS
Hope the New Year is filled with every thing your hearts desire.  Have a wonderful night and you all stay safe. WOW 2014  I was just getting use to 2013 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: January 01, 2014, 12:56:15 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS

HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTASTIC YEAR

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:05 AM »

Happy New Year!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: January 01, 2014, 05:19:28 PM »

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year--2014!  
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: January 01, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL

Wishing everyone the very best in 2014 ...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »

Happy New Year to you too Red!  And thank you again for giving us a place to read and post. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #631 on: January 02, 2014, 12:12:42 PM »

Happy New Year to you too Red!  And thank you again for giving us a place to read and post. 

From me too

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #632 on: January 02, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »

To all our Monkeys on the East Coast. Stay safe & warm with the new storm coming your way.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: January 02, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »

Can someone start a thread for Alex Johnson?   https://www.facebook.com/FindAlexJohnson

He disappeared before Christmas, was expected home (in my hometown) for Christmas but disappeared a few days before in Lexington, KY.  His girlfriend was talking to him on the phone when someone came to his front door.  He ended the call to answer the door and that was the last he was heard from.  He had a meeting scheduled that day at University of KY but didn't make that appointment.

Last I heard they are dragging the Kentucky river outside Lexington. 

His family is beside themselves and want to know what happened to him.

thanks.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: January 02, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »

Here is an article that sums it up pretty good:

http://www.webpronews.com/missing-lexington-man-the-ky-mystery-continues-2013-12

Missing Lexington Man: The KY Mystery Continues

"Alex is a “trustworthy” and “dependable” 32-year old who works as a chef at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. But when he didn’t show up for a work meeting on Saturday, Dec. 21, his family knew something was wrong.

“It’s completely out of character. He would never go more than a few hours without calling his girlfriend or family,” Cayce Johnson, Alex’s sister, said. “He’s never missed a work meeting or Christmas with his family.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: January 02, 2014, 03:13:45 PM »

Can someone start a thread for Alex Johnson?   https://www.facebook.com/FindAlexJohnson

He disappeared before Christmas, was expected home (in my hometown) for Christmas but disappeared a few days before in Lexington, KY.  His girlfriend was talking to him on the phone when someone came to his front door.  He ended the call to answer the door and that was the last he was heard from.  He had a meeting scheduled that day at University of KY but didn't make that appointment.

thanks.

I've started a thread for Alex Johnson as you've requested, Blue Moon. I've copied and posted your two posts from Musings to his thread to get is started.   Here is the link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14990.msg1582024#msg1582024
Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013

I hope he can be found safe and soon. 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: January 02, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »

thanks.

I've started a thread for Alex Johnson as you've requested, Blue Moon. I've copied and posted your two posts from Musings to his thread to get is started.   Here is the link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14990.msg1582024#msg1582024
Missing 32 yo Lexington, KY Man Alex Johnson Last Seen Dec. 20, 2013

I hope he can be found safe and soon. 

thanks Muffy, you are a jewel.  I'll let his family know.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: January 05, 2014, 10:51:21 PM »

Baby, it's cold outside.  I hate cold weather.  0 degree tonight and only 5 degree high tomorrow.  I sure hope no pipes freeze and burst.  At least we have a wood burning stove in case the power goes out.  I heard two locations here already have lost power. It is just too darn cold to be without heat.  I think we need to move to Gulf Shores for the winter (but they are having unusually cold weather also).

crazybabyborg
« Reply #638 on: January 06, 2014, 03:43:16 AM »

My power went out briefly about an hour ago, Blue Moon.   It's snowing hard here right now and getting colder and colder. The high Tuesday will be 10*. I've already had a major casualty due to the cold. I was on my way to meet the bookkeeper at the office this afternoon when I got a frantic call from her. "Pipe Burst" was about all I got from her. She had gotten there first and there was a good two inches of water in the kitchen and main downstairs office. We got the water cut off, but there was water standing in the microwave, and the stove below it. The kitchen cabinets and wood floors are already buckling. The drywall in the kitchen and bathroom behind it, is ruined. The kitchen and bath have a tile floor and will be fine. We had added the kitchen a few years ago when we moved the office there, and I honestly didn't even know there was a water pipe in the ceiling. There was insulation BELOW the pipe, and NONE above it which was only inches from the roof! I didn't get a licensed contractor to do the work at first, and I have no recourse that way. I do have renter's insurance and John does have homeowner's insurance so between us, we should/hopefully be able to have claims to cover the damage. It would be a miracle if the microwave or oven work and they were both only 3 years old.

I have a lot to be grateful for. The water didn't get to the server; Thank God! If we hadn't been working on Sunday, it would have ruined much more. All you could hear when you opened the door was water spewing everywhere. I'm ready for summer. The only water I want to hear is the splash created by my feet on a hot day at the pool!

Here's where the ceiling caved from the burst pipe:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:39:25 AM by CBB » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #639 on: January 06, 2014, 05:03:58 AM »

Oh my CBB Thank goodness you went in today. I am so sorry this happened to you. But glad it wasn't any worse. Hopefully between you and John your insurance will help cover the damage.

This cold spell is terrible. We are down to 12 here in North Texas with a high of 25 tomorrow. Then it starts to warm up to a more normal temp for here.

Hope every one stays safe & warm. That no one is going out unless they have to.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.