April 18, 2024, 06:15:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 421501 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: January 06, 2014, 08:10:21 AM »

Oh CBB that is awful.  What a mess.  I bet we see lots of pictures like yours in the next 2 days. 

My heat setting is on 71 degrees and all it can get up to is 69 degrees.  So far the electricity has stayed on.  The temp is 3 degrees and only suppose to get to 5 degrees.  -2 tonight.

Like I said I hate this cold weather.  I am getting too old for this.  Maybe the sun will come out and at least heat up the windows just a little enough to keep the furnace from working so hard. 

I need to check on my 80 yr old neighbors.  The last time we had this cold weather their pipes burst. I love them to pieces and they are not in the best of health.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #641 on: January 07, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »

It's COLD!!! Sometimes the best you can do is find something to laugh about!   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/irSC4-j_NjY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/irSC4-j_NjY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: January 07, 2014, 05:42:19 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/irSC4-j_NjY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/irSC4-j_NjY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

that is sooooooooooooooo funny.  What a look on that dog's face.  No hiding who was at fault with that lid on his neck.  I am sue the other 2 joined in.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #643 on: January 07, 2014, 05:44:39 PM »

CBB, did you get you ceiling pipes taken care of? 

We are so far so good.  Last night it got down to -2 and today it is a heatwave with 17*.  We have a little fire going in the stove but don't want to get it stoked up too much for fear the pipes in the back of the house will burst cause no heat reaches the far part of the house.

Tomorrow it will be back to 45*.  I am housebound so I plan to get out an about tomorrow.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: January 07, 2014, 06:35:37 PM »

How cold is it?  This is funny:

http://www.lex18.com/news/blackburn-escapee-hospitalized-after-suffering-frostbite/

Blackburn Escapee Hospitalized After Suffering Frostbite

Police say an inmate who walked away from the Blackburn Correctional Complex in Lexington Sunday night has been found and hospitalized after suffering frostbite overnight.

Officials say Robert Vick, 42, turned himself in to Lexington Police Monday afternoon after he suffered some minor frostbite.

Vick had escaped around 9 p.m. Sunday and told police he was hiding in an abandoned farmhouse and had stolen some clothes, but suffered some frostbite and had to call for help from the Sunset Motel on Georgetown Road around 4:30 p.m. on Monday......................

crazybabyborg
« Reply #645 on: January 08, 2014, 03:11:56 AM »

How cold is it?  This is funny:

http://www.lex18.com/news/blackburn-escapee-hospitalized-after-suffering-frostbite/

Blackburn Escapee Hospitalized After Suffering Frostbite

Police say an inmate who walked away from the Blackburn Correctional Complex in Lexington Sunday night has been found and hospitalized after suffering frostbite overnight.

Officials say Robert Vick, 42, turned himself in to Lexington Police Monday afternoon after he suffered some minor frostbite.

Vick had escaped around 9 p.m. Sunday and told police he was hiding in an abandoned farmhouse and had stolen some clothes, but suffered some frostbite and had to call for help from the Sunset Motel on Georgetown Road around 4:30 p.m. on Monday......................

Oh, that's great, Blue Moon! Jail; a warm jail, suddenly didn't look so bad! Well, I have to say that I would rather be in a warm cell than in an unheated farmhouse too over the past two nights!

No, the office is still a total wreck but the adjuster will be there tomorrow morning, so keeping my fingers crossed all will go well. Stay Warm!!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: January 08, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »

I'll bet you're ready to get out of the house for a bit Blue Moon! It's one thing to be housebound, but it's altogether another when the conditions inside aren't optimal either, with worry about pipes bursting and such.    I hope the weather warms up as you said it might.    Please take care while you're out and about and stay safe. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: January 08, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »

My power went out briefly about an hour ago, Blue Moon.   It's snowing hard here right now and getting colder and colder. The high Tuesday will be 10*. I've already had a major casualty due to the cold. I was on my way to meet the bookkeeper at the office this afternoon when I got a frantic call from her. "Pipe Burst" was about all I got from her. She had gotten there first and there was a good two inches of water in the kitchen and main downstairs office. We got the water cut off, but there was water standing in the microwave, and the stove below it. The kitchen cabinets and wood floors are already buckling. The drywall in the kitchen and bathroom behind it, is ruined. The kitchen and bath have a tile floor and will be fine. We had added the kitchen a few years ago when we moved the office there, and I honestly didn't even know there was a water pipe in the ceiling. There was insulation BELOW the pipe, and NONE above it which was only inches from the roof! I didn't get a licensed contractor to do the work at first, and I have no recourse that way. I do have renter's insurance and John does have homeowner's insurance so between us, we should/hopefully be able to have claims to cover the damage. It would be a miracle if the microwave or oven work and they were both only 3 years old.

I have a lot to be grateful for. The water didn't get to the server; Thank God! If we hadn't been working on Sunday, it would have ruined much more. All you could hear when you opened the door was water spewing everywhere. I'm ready for summer. The only water I want to hear is the splash created by my feet on a hot day at the pool!

Here's where the ceiling caved from the burst pipe:

I'm ready for summer too CBB.     I was looking at your photo of the damage and what comes to mind is what may be damaged behind the sheet rock, under the floors, behind the appliances etc. since water travels.   And right behind the immediate concerns of that is the possibility of mold forming.  I hope the adjuster does a very, very careful assessment and with the combination of insurances you and John hold, it will be remedied. The room looks so nice and the cabinets and appliances updated.  It's too bad you didn't really need a remodel.  Please let us know as you make progress with this. {{hugs}} and I'm so sorry this happened.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #648 on: January 09, 2014, 01:54:06 AM »

Thank you, Muffy! 

I met with the homeowner ins. adjuster (sp?) this morning. He came by to do an assessment of the damage and he seems very reasonable. I'm hoping there won't be a problem on that end. We had thrown the breaker for the microwave and oven shortly after we took the picture I posted, because we began to smell something electrical. I've got to get a tech to come see if either will work, and he's sending someone to see if the floors can be sanded or will need to be replaced.

On the other hand, my renter insurance adjuster is a real jerk. I called our IT company to check out the server, just in case, and they prepared a report for the insurance company. They found and documented moisture, even taking pictures of what they found and recommended replacement, saying that some of the components were still damp and that corrosion could be expected. They gave me a quote on a comparable server and figured up the installation with transfer of data, etc. The quote was a little over $8,000.00 and that adjuster is going to loose his mind when he sees it. He told me earlier today that if the server had to be replaced, he found them online for around $400.00 and that installation should be no more than $1,000.00. The guy has been obstinate since the first call, so we'll see..........

You're right about a professional to assure that mold will not be a problem down the road. I still have lots to do, but that one's on my list tomorrow! Thanks again, Muffy, for the thoughtfulness! We'll get through it and again, I have lots to be thankful for. We're able to keep working right now and that's a great thing!  We'll just "think summer" together!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #649 on: January 09, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »

Thank you, Muffy! 

I met with the homeowner ins. adjuster (sp?) this morning. He came by to do an assessment of the damage and he seems very reasonable. I'm hoping there won't be a problem on that end. We had thrown the breaker for the microwave and oven shortly after we took the picture I posted, because we began to smell something electrical. I've got to get a tech to come see if either will work, and he's sending someone to see if the floors can be sanded or will need to be replaced.

On the other hand, my renter insurance adjuster is a real jerk. I called our IT company to check out the server, just in case, and they prepared a report for the insurance company. They found and documented moisture, even taking pictures of what they found and recommended replacement, saying that some of the components were still damp and that corrosion could be expected. They gave me a quote on a comparable server and figured up the installation with transfer of data, etc. The quote was a little over $8,000.00 and that adjuster is going to loose his mind when he sees it. He told me earlier today that if the server had to be replaced, he found them online for around $400.00 and that installation should be no more than $1,000.00. The guy has been obstinate since the first call, so we'll see..........

You're right about a professional to assure that mold will not be a problem down the road. I still have lots to do, but that one's on my list tomorrow! Thanks again, Muffy, for the thoughtfulness! We'll get through it and again, I have lots to be thankful for. We're able to keep working right now and that's a great thing!  We'll just "think summer" together!   

CBB  So sorry to hear one of the inspector is being such a RAT.  While I kind of understand that they are not going to go with the highest amount to replace any thing but with a average amount taken from all over the region. Just like giving a value on a home in any region is different. This joker sounds like he is going with the cheapest amount he could. Not with what was comparable to what you all ready have. I can't say I've had to deal with any insurance dealing with any tech stuff.

Summer will be here sooner than you think. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #650 on: January 11, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »

Oh poor Tank  Bless his cute heart!

Hi CBB

I continue to stand with the girl.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: January 11, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »

Hi None!!      

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: January 11, 2014, 07:37:10 PM »

Hi None!!      

I continue to stand with the girl.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #653 on: January 12, 2014, 11:54:55 PM »

Great to "see" ya' Nonesuche! Hope life's treating you well! Catch us up when you can!   

You're Nekky, BTW!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:39:52 PM by klaasend » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #655 on: January 16, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys   Hope every ones doing well.

Been watching the news with the wild fire in Southern California.  Hoping none of our Monkeys are near it. I understand they have arrested three people for starting the fire.  They were throwing paper into a fire. DUH with the Santa Anna winds out there. And as dry as it is. Some people have no brains.  Hope they can get it under control soon.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #656 on: January 16, 2014, 04:22:28 PM »

CBB been thinking about you. Hope you are getting the office fixed from the water damage. Hope  the dang insurance guy has stopped being a jerk. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #657 on: January 17, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »

Thanks, GE! We're plugging along...... the repair work hasn't started yet and I'm still arguing with my adjuster, but we'll see....

Hope you're staying warm! I'm soooo ready for summer!!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: January 18, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »

Oh, it is a "vegetable soup" kind of day.  Cold outside, a big pot of soup on and a skillet of cornbread in the oven.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Klaas, is the wildfires affecting your area at all?  Sure hope not.

Have a great weekend.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: January 19, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »

Oh, it is a "vegetable soup" kind of day.  Cold outside, a big pot of soup on and a skillet of cornbread in the oven.  Doesn't get any better than that.

Klaas, is the wildfires affecting your area at all?  Sure hope not.

Have a great weekend.

No fires near me Blue Moon - thanks for asking!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.