March 29, 2024, 04:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420851 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #680 on: January 27, 2014, 01:42:23 PM »

Thanks, GE! 

She is at the Vet's office now, but he's going to send her home tonight. There's blood in her urine but no mass in her abdomen so, at least for now, they can't account for it. He did note a tremendous amount of arthritis in her spine, and she's receiving fluids because she had stopped drinking. He's giving her Benedryl because Mass Cell Cancer produces a lot of histamines (I don't know how to spell that), and something that settles her stomach. He said it's possible that pain can stop a dog from eating and drinking, but he's still looking for causes. I pick her up at 5:00 today and hopefully will know more then.

Thanks for the good thoughts sent her way, Monkeys! Love you guys!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #681 on: January 27, 2014, 01:57:03 PM »

Thanks, GE! 

She is at the Vet's office now, but he's going to send her home tonight. There's blood in her urine but no mass in her abdomen so, at least for now, they can't account for it. He did note a tremendous amount of arthritis in her spine, and she's receiving fluids because she had stopped drinking. He's giving her Benedryl because Mass Cell Cancer produces a lot of histamines (I don't know how to spell that), and something that settles her stomach. He said it's possible that pain can stop a dog from eating and drinking, but he's still looking for causes. I pick her up at 5:00 today and hopefully will know more then.

Continued Prayers CBB for you and KuBear.   an angelic monkey Please let us know.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: January 27, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »

Thanks, GE! 

I'll continue keeping you and KuBear in my thoughts and prayers.  Love you too CBB!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #683 on: January 27, 2014, 07:42:43 PM »

Awww, thanks again, Muffy and GE! 

She's home and feeling much better!   

They still don't know why there is blood in her urine, but they did a scan which covered most of her body (they showed it to me when I picked her up and I was pleased to see that her lungs were included) and no masses were visible. They gave her three injections; antibiotics, benedryl, and something for her stomach. In my earlier post, I referred to the cancer as "mass" cell, but it's actually called "mast cell". Anyway, they left the catheter in her foreleg in case she wouldn't eat or drink again tonight, so they could easily give her more fluids tomorrow. I'm not going to drag her up there in the morning to have it removed. John can take it out in the morning.     She was much perkier when I got there and glad to see me.

I had gone to the pet store before getting her and bought a new doggie mattress, hoping she would let me stack it with her old one to make even a softer bed. When I got home, I brought her in the house through the downstairs garage, and then left her to go back out and get the stuff I bought. Before I even got up to the kitchen with my load, she was lapping water from her water bowl so I grabbed the hamburger I had fixed last night for her, from the fridge, and she immediately gobbled it up!   

The Vet said we'd try to address the arthritis after this episode is over, but didn't want to give her steroids with blood in her urine. He's as puzzled as I am about that but I'm thrilled that no masses were visible! There is no doubt she's feeling better; that's obvious!

I made up my mind when she was diagnosed with the cancer that when she reached the point that she was living in pain, and could no longer enjoy her quality of life, I would be there for her with that hard decision, and wouldn't allow her to suffer. When I left with her this morning, I feared I wouldn't bring her home. I'm so grateful that she's home and feeling well enough to eat and drink and wag her tail and climb the steps and act like "KuBear". She trotted outside before she settled down for a well deserved nap, and for right now, and for today, she's home. THANK YOU, MONKEYS for caring and THANK YOU GOD for answering prayers!   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #684 on: January 27, 2014, 09:02:42 PM »

It's so good to hear KuBear is feeling better, CBB   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: January 27, 2014, 10:22:55 PM »

CBB I'm so happy KuBear is better!  
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #686 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:56 AM »

I'm so glad KuBear is better, CBB!   

Sorry I missed your earlier posts, I know how worried you must have been.

You've taken such good care of her, she knows how much she is loved without a doubt!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
crazybabyborg
« Reply #687 on: January 28, 2014, 02:52:11 AM »

Thank You, Muffy, Klaas, and Texasmom!   

I hate to admit it, but I was a blubbering mess this morning. Isn't it wonderful when things work out so that what you dread to face, goes away? I'm so grateful that for right now I can just swallow without having to swallow hard!

Our furbabies sure hold our heartstrings, and KuBear's had my heart all tied up for 14 years. It's so funny..... 2 people in the Vet's waiting room asked me if she was a puppy!  That's just Ku. As long as she has a drop of life in her, she will always put on her "I'm fine and can handle anything" attitude when put in an environment where there are other animals. It's an age defying trick Shar Pei's have: they're SUPPOSED to be wrinkled!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #688 on: January 28, 2014, 03:21:09 AM »

CBB  That is wonderful news.   I am so happy for you and KuBear.  Continued Prayers she keeps getting better. To tell you the truth when I saw you had posted and I got a knot in my stomach and had to swallow had before I clicked on your post.  Enjoy your fur baby and hope you get some rest tonight. Now that you have your fur baby home and she is improved from the last few days. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #689 on: January 28, 2014, 11:46:46 AM »

Didn't think I would be saying this again....lol....SNOW DAY...!!!   

Not a big snow day...but sleet, ice and snow over the next two days with temps dipping down into the teens.  These houses are not designed for cold temps....less insulation, I think.  May have to drip water
during the really cold nights.

The interstates and bridges in the area will be closed as soon as there is ice.....a good thing.

Planning on a new puppy soon....either this litter or the next one.....a Cairn terrier.

Will also have to fence a portion of the property or the two labs next door may decide to eat a pup...!

I hope everyone is doing well and that the weather will not affect you for long.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #690 on: January 28, 2014, 02:58:15 PM »

Not a big snow day...but sleet, ice and snow over the next two days with temps dipping down into the teens.  These houses are not designed for cold temps....less insulation, I think.  May have to drip water

The interstates and bridges in the area will be closed as soon as there is ice.....a good thing.

Planning on a new puppy soon....either this litter or the next one.....a Cairn terrier.

Will also have to fence a portion of the property or the two labs next door may decide to eat a pup...!

I hope everyone is doing well and that the weather will not affect you for long.

Yikes Mere Hope you stay safe & warm.  This winter has been crazy all the way around. Hopefully your cold wont last long. Hope you get your puppy soon. When you do hope you will share a picture of him or her. Good to see you. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: January 28, 2014, 06:36:16 PM »

I agree with CBB, I am just looking beyond tomorrow, the highs will be back in the 40's and 50's.  I can live with that.

Sunday the temp was 60*.  Went to Sam's wholesale and I made hubby park far away so I could get out and walk in the sunshine.  It felt so good.  Then the bottom fell out--dropped to 14* that night.

Spring cannot come soon enough.

CBB, glad your dog is doing better.  My brother's dog reminds me of Kubear.  They were told back last T'giving that she had a tumor and the doc was sending her home with them so they could keep her comfortable until she passed.  He didn't give her more that a few days to live.  Well, she is going strong and up and moving around now.  They could have had her put down in Nov. but wanted to bring her home as long as she wasn't suffering.  Must have worked, she is glad to be home and appears to be doing much better.  you never  know.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #692 on: January 28, 2014, 06:49:30 PM »

Thank You, Muffy, Klaas, and Texasmom!   

I hate to admit it, but I was a blubbering mess this morning. Isn't it wonderful when things work out so that what you dread to face, goes away? I'm so grateful that for right now I can just swallow without having to swallow hard!

Our furbabies sure hold our heartstrings, and KuBear's had my heart all tied up for 14 years. It's so funny..... 2 people in the Vet's waiting room asked me if she was a puppy!  That's just Ku. As long as she has a drop of life in her, she will always put on her "I'm fine and can handle anything" attitude when put in an environment where there are other animals. It's an age defying trick Shar Pei's have: they're SUPPOSED to be wrinkled!   

I would have been a blubbering mess too, CBB!  With all she's been through, my heart sank when I saw your first posts.  But you have obviously been doing all the right things for her, I am truly impressed by how well she's done for so long considering. 

They definitely hold our heartstrings!   And I'd just bet that Miss Ku's heart is pretty tied up in you too! 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: January 28, 2014, 06:53:40 PM »

Hi Mere!   

No snow for us, missed us last week and this week...but we're FREEZING! 

Teens and hard freeze in the forecast tonight. 

You'll have to post a picture when you get your puppy, how exciting!

Take care and stay warm!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: January 28, 2014, 08:40:58 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #695 on: January 29, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........................

http://www.whas11.com/video/yahoo-video/WATCH-Budweiser-unveils-Puppy-Love-commercial--242648351.html?fb_action_ids=706871632685907&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[396661487136220]&action_type_map=[%22og.recommends%22]&action_ref_map=[]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4&feature=player_embedded

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #696 on: January 29, 2014, 07:40:10 PM »

So Sweet .................

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #697 on: January 29, 2014, 11:04:28 PM »

We've had snow and that means sled riding! There is a Golf Course in the neighborhood. That's where I went as a kid, and where Michael went when he was growing up, soooooo, time for the next generation! Waylon, Christian, Michael, April, John and I all headed out yesterday while it was still snowing, and back today. Even though it was really cold today, the sun was out, so one side of the ridge was loosing snow quickly, but there are plenty of hills to choose from there, and all the neighborhood kids gather for some fun. In the last picture, you may notice a pond. When I was in 5th grade, I was sledding down that hill, behind my house, and the snow was deep enough to carry me all the way to the pond....... and the rocks surrounding it. I broke 4 bones on top of my foot and had to CRAWL all the way back up!

It took hours for my feet to warm up today, but we made some memories and the kids had a blast! I feel really old!

KuBear is hanging in there and still eating anything other than her dog food, and drinking well. I've given her some pepto bismol for her loose stools and she's not quite perky but much, much better. Thanks again for all the well wishes! Love you guys!

Here's some pics of the winter adventure. Yes, that's my "Rasta" capped son.   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #698 on: January 29, 2014, 11:05:55 PM »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............................ That's a heart string "pinger" for sure!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: January 29, 2014, 11:19:28 PM »

For some folks, this may be an icky subject, but for those that love their doggies and want to help them with their problems, this is important:

http://raisinghealthydogs.com/discover-the-health-benefits-of-canned-pumpkin-for-dogs
Discover the Health Benefits of Canned Pumpkin for Dogs

Two common canine ailments are diarrhea and constipation.  Did you know that canned pumpkin can offer a solution to both?
Diarrhea is more a symptom rather than a disease and is typically a sign that something is wrong with your dog’s digestive system. A lot of things can cause diarrhea in your dog; it may have eaten something that disagrees with its body, it may have food allergies, bacterial or viral infection or a worm infestation. It may even be due to a change in its diet.
In normal cases, diarrhea has a surprisingly simple solution: canned pumpkins. Canned pumpkin is actually pumpkin in a puree form. Pumpkins are very rich in fiber and even adding two teaspoons of canned pumpkin in you dog’s food helps the digestion process. Canned pumpkin has a large quantity of dietary fiber and it will also absorb the excess water present in the stool. This makes your dog’s stool more firm and results can be seen within a few hours. Give your small dog one and a half to two teaspoons of canned pumpkin. For a larger dog give two tablespoons instead.
Another benefit of canned pumpkin is in treating dogs for constipation. It softens your dog’s stool and can cure an upset stomach very quickly. This makes canned pumpkins one of the best natural remedies to your dog’s stomach problems.
Canned pumpkin also makes a great addition to dog treats.  Just add some canned pumpkin to your favorite dog treat recipes to give Fido a healthy treat.
Canned pumpkin is low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol.  It is also a good source of Vitamin E, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium and is also a very good source of dietary fiber.  Some vets even recommend canned pumpkin for weight loss in dogs.  Simply substitute one-third of your dog’s regular food with an equivalent amount of canned pumpkin.  Because it is high in fiber, canned pumpkin will make your dog fuller than it would if you just reduced their caloric intake.
You can find canned pumpkin in the baking section of most grocery stores.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.