March 28, 2024, 03:02:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420793 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #940 on: August 08, 2014, 07:09:31 PM »

Heading out for a short vacation.  Pups are staying in a suite at the vets.  Will tell you
about that when I get back....too funny.  So far they know how to "sit"    
Mere

Mere just emailed me this photo of her pup Bella    She's wearing a shirt because she just had her "lady" surgery 

Awww she's too precious!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #941 on: August 10, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »

I didn't really know anything about her until she was on Dancing with the Stars, but based on that experience I wasn't really surprised.

http://www.kltv.com/story/25838472/lawyer-hope-solo-did-not-assault-sister-nephew

Women's soccer star Hope Solo arrested for assaulting family
Posted: Jun 22, 2014 2:13 AM CST Updated: Jun 22, 2014 2:16 AM CST

SEATTLE (AP) - U.S. women's soccer star goalkeeper Hope Solo was arrested at a suburban Seattle home early Saturday on suspicion of assaulting her sister and 17-year-old nephew, but her attorney insisted that Solo herself was a victim in the altercation.

"Hope is not guilty of any crime," attorney Todd Maybrown said in an email to The Associated Press. "In fact, our investigation reveals that Hope was assaulted and injured during this unfortunate incident. We look forward to the opportunity to present the true facts in court and to having this matter behind Hope very soon."

Officers responded to her sister's home just before 1 a.m. after receiving a 911 call that a woman at the Kirkland residence was hitting people and that she refused to stop or leave, the Kirkland Police Department said in a news release.

They found Solo intoxicated and upset, saw injuries on her nephew and her sister, and arrested her after speaking with those present and determining that she was the primary aggressor, the release said.

She was booked into jail for investigation of two counts of fourth-degree domestic violence assault, and she was expected to remain in custody until an appearance Monday at Kirkland Municipal Court.

A telephone number listed for her was not accepting incoming calls Saturday, and the voice mail for a listing at the sister's home was full.

The sister was not identified by police, but in her memoir, Solo writes that she has a half sister named Terry.

Solo, 32, has won two Olympic gold medals for the U.S. women's national team. She also plays with the Seattle Reign of the National Women's Soccer League.

"We are aware of the situation with Hope and are now gathering information," the Reign posted on the team's Twitter feed.

The only thing I knew about her was that she had a big mouth and would always bad mouth someone in the press.  Then she did Dancing with the Stars and I just didn't like her.  She has issues and needs to address them immediately.

I see San's counseling corner to the stars is still in operation 

Miss you San !!!!

I continue to stand with the girl.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: August 15, 2014, 06:26:23 AM »

Thank God, in between an epidemic of bad news, the Amish girls have been found and are safe, although I don't know how safe they were during their abduction.  The girls were found 36 miles away from where they were taken.   They still are using the word 'abducted,' so this was not a failure in communication, no it was a lesson in communication that some should take note of.

From the beginning, news traveled fast through their community about their abduction.  As inefficient as it was deemed to be, they sure worked fast and without pictures and the community's use of the internet and technology.  In this day of instant information and the ability to find information or ruin someone for life with the touch of the button, they showed us what it is like for a community to band together for the common good of one (or more) of their community.  Their way was more efficient than anyone gave them credit for.

I am so happy to hear this news.

Oh, hi everyone!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: August 16, 2014, 11:21:31 PM »

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4kh4ly&s=8#.U_AgOLV0w5g

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: August 17, 2014, 09:34:02 PM »

I didn't really know anything about her until she was on Dancing with the Stars, but based on that experience I wasn't really surprised.

http://www.kltv.com/story/25838472/lawyer-hope-solo-did-not-assault-sister-nephew

SEATTLE (AP) - U.S. women's soccer star goalkeeper Hope Solo was arrested at a suburban Seattle home early Saturday on suspicion of assaulting her sister and 17-year-old nephew, but her attorney insisted that Solo herself was a victim in the altercation.

"Hope is not guilty of any crime," attorney Todd Maybrown said in an email to The Associated Press. "In fact, our investigation reveals that Hope was assaulted and injured during this unfortunate incident. We look forward to the opportunity to present the true facts in court and to having this matter behind Hope very soon."

Officers responded to her sister's home just before 1 a.m. after receiving a 911 call that a woman at the Kirkland residence was hitting people and that she refused to stop or leave, the Kirkland Police Department said in a news release.

They found Solo intoxicated and upset, saw injuries on her nephew and her sister, and arrested her after speaking with those present and determining that she was the primary aggressor, the release said.

She was booked into jail for investigation of two counts of fourth-degree domestic violence assault, and she was expected to remain in custody until an appearance Monday at Kirkland Municipal Court.

A telephone number listed for her was not accepting incoming calls Saturday, and the voice mail for a listing at the sister's home was full.

The sister was not identified by police, but in her memoir, Solo writes that she has a half sister named Terry.

Solo, 32, has won two Olympic gold medals for the U.S. women's national team. She also plays with the Seattle Reign of the National Women's Soccer League.

"We are aware of the situation with Hope and are now gathering information," the Reign posted on the team's Twitter feed.

The only thing I knew about her was that she had a big mouth and would always bad mouth someone in the press.  Then she did Dancing with the Stars and I just didn't like her.  She has issues and needs to address them immediately.

Miss you San !!!!

nonesuche, it's been a long time.  Hope things are good with you.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2014, 10:35:36 AM »

Yikes Northern California had a earthquake this morning, it was a 6. Up in the Napa Valley area. Biggest one since the one in 1989. Some areas lost power but haven't heard of any injuries. Hope we don't have any monkeys up in the area.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: August 26, 2014, 07:20:46 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
oneilgirl75
Scared Monkey

« Reply #947 on: August 30, 2014, 02:44:58 PM »

i couldn't figure out how to create a new post so I had to "quote" sorry. 

I am curious if anyone has commented on the Nicole Laube murder and the second murder that just happened in the same area at another apartment complex.  Both murders were stabbings that happened to females during the day,  I know the police are saying they are not related but they seem very similar.  I haven't found any information on the 2 murders and the news information is very vague.  Thanks
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: August 30, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »

i couldn't figure out how to create a new post so I had to "quote" sorry. 

I am curious if anyone has commented on the Nicole Laube murder and the second murder that just happened in the same area at another apartment complex.  Both murders were stabbings that happened to females during the day,  I know the police are saying they are not related but they seem very similar.  I haven't found any information on the 2 murders and the news information is very vague.  Thanks

Hi oneilgirl75,

I wasn't even aware of the Nicole Laube murder.  I've created a thread for Nicole's murder in the Unsolved Crimes area of the forum.  Here's a link:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=15420.0#new
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2014, 11:44:09 PM »

Miss you San !!!!

nonesuche, it's been a long time.  Hope things are good with you.

It's been a couple of tough years - daughter has had a brain tumor, work has been difficult.........but we endure.

Hope you are doing well 

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #950 on: September 07, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »

Hi Nonesuche!  How is your daughter doing?  Is your son still coaching? 

Good to see you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: September 09, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO LISTEN:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: September 17, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »

Mere sent me this photo of Bella going for a joy ride!  She says Bella is really good in the car!  She sure is cute!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2014, 08:56:49 PM »

Mere sent me this photo of Bella going for a joy ride!  She says Bella is really good in the car!  She sure is cute!

That is such a cute picture.  Love your Bella!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: September 17, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »

Loved my trip out west.  Our country is so beautiful.  We visited the Badlands, Yellowstone, went to Sturgis, Bighorn Mtns., Mt. Rushmore, Needles Highway, Custer State Park and Wildlife loop, Crazy Horse, Cody WY, Sheridan WY, Buffalo Wy, Walls Drug Store which I loved, Deadwood SD and Grand Teton Mtns.  Was so much more to see but will do that the next trip.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: September 18, 2014, 11:28:54 AM »

Klass - thank you for putting up Bella's picture.  I brought her to the vet to have her nails clipped and then to the pet store for a crate pad.  She was so excited to see everything.  I quickly selected the pad and a bright yellow tennis ball so that she would settle while I enjoyed walking up and down the aisles.

Blue Moon - that is a beautiful part of the country.  Thank you for the pictures.  It is so hot in this area, but I bet it was nice weather for your trip.

Miss you all monkey friends.....  Smile   

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #956 on: September 18, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »

Love the pictures Mere and Blue Moon!

Bella is just precious!   

And all of your travels sound like so much fun Blue Moon!  I can just imagine all of the wonderful things you've seen. 

Thanks for sharing!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #957 on: September 18, 2014, 11:13:59 PM »

Mere Bella is a cutie. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: September 18, 2014, 11:14:06 PM »

Klass - thank you for putting up Bella's picture.  I brought her to the vet to have her nails clipped and then to the pet store for a crate pad.  She was so excited to see everything.  I quickly selected the pad and a bright yellow tennis ball so that she would settle while I enjoyed walking up and down the aisles.

Blue Moon - that is a beautiful part of the country.  Thank you for the pictures.  It is so hot in this area, but I bet it was nice weather for your trip.

Miss you all monkey friends.....  Smile   

Yes, Mere, it sure was a beautiful part of the country.  We had fantastic weather.  It snowed there last week in the Bighorn Mtns so I am glad we went in August and not in Sept.  I had never been in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming or Montana.  Everyone should see as much of our country as you can.  Next year we are going to the Grand Canyon and New Mexico, Arizona, Texas and over to Colorado.  But I have to admit I miss the Smokies so next month we will go back to the Blue Ridge and Skyline Drive.  I love the mountains!

Your little buddy is so cute.  Don't you have 2 now?

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: September 18, 2014, 11:16:29 PM »

Love the pictures Mere and Blue Moon!

Bella is just precious!   

And all of your travels sound like so much fun Blue Moon!  I can just imagine all of the wonderful things you've seen. 

Thanks for sharing!   

Thanks TM.  It was a lot of fun.  I really enjoyed seeing so much that I had only dreamed of all my life.  We have always said we wanted to go to these places and I am so happy we got to do it.  Much more to see and do though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.