March 28, 2024, 02:47:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420745 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #960 on: September 18, 2014, 11:21:36 PM »

Loved my trip out west.  Our country is so beautiful.  We visited the Badlands, Yellowstone, went to Sturgis, Bighorn Mtns., Mt. Rushmore, Needles Highway, Custer State Park and Wildlife loop, Crazy Horse, Cody WY, Sheridan WY, Buffalo Wy, Walls Drug Store which I loved, Deadwood SD and Grand Teton Mtns.  Was so much more to see but will do that the next trip.

Blue Moon So glad you had a wonderful time on your trip out West.  I have traveled coast to coast many times. I love the beauty each state has to offer. Each has something different to offer, even the deserts to me have beauty. I can't help but think about the pioneers  settling and how hard it had to be. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: September 19, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »

Green Eyes.....I could have written the very same thing about going across country.  I love to drive and have driven in all of our States with the exception of Alaska.  This is such a beautiful country.  I love the mountains and I love the water.
It would be wonderful if everyone could take time to drive an area that they have not yet seen.   

I do have another pup named Quincy.  He is larger than Bella but is a sweetheart.  Since they are 6-8 months old, it is difficult to take them both to the vet at the same time.  One of the reasons I went to the pet shop was to see if there was a car holder that could handle the dogs, but they did not have one.  The shop owners told me that my State will require a seatbelt on dogs sometime in the near future.

Puppy training continues.....sit, down, stay so far.  I would like "come" to work without shaking the treat container...lol.

See you again soon.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: September 21, 2014, 10:43:15 AM »

Green Eyes.....I could have written the very same thing about going across country.  I love to drive and have driven in all of our States with the exception of Alaska.  This is such a beautiful country.  I love the mountains and I love the water.
It would be wonderful if everyone could take time to drive an area that they have not yet seen.   

I do have another pup named Quincy.  He is larger than Bella but is a sweetheart.  Since they are 6-8 months old, it is difficult to take them both to the vet at the same time.  One of the reasons I went to the pet shop was to see if there was a car holder that could handle the dogs, but they did not have one.  The shop owners told me that my State will require a seatbelt on dogs sometime in the near future.

Puppy training continues.....sit, down, stay so far.  I would like "come" to work without shaking the treat container...lol.

See you again soon.....

to you Mere

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: September 21, 2014, 10:49:24 AM »

Hi Nonesuche!  How is your daughter doing?  Is your son still coaching? 

Good to see you!

Hi Klaas 

Daughter is doing better now, post cranial surgery/chemo/radiation and radiation anema, she's finally cancer-free. She's still working her way back to health, her weight dropped to 112 lbs but now she's up to 121 and tried to run in a 5K on Friday. She made it halfway through and I'm so proud of her.

Son is in his second season as an offensive GA coach, finishes grad school in December and hopefully will land a full coaching position in January. Very proud of him too, he's grown in many ways, all positive.

How are your children & grandchildren and of course your pups? Hubby? Hope everyone is well.

I wish I could have traveled to see you when I was in CA, but worked every weekend .............so GLAD that job is over now!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: September 22, 2014, 08:51:31 AM »

Hi None....so glad to get good news about both of your kids.  And is that big ole kitty the same as that tiny one I saw a picture of some years ago?

Hello to all my monkey friends.....miss everyone..!!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #965 on: September 22, 2014, 02:36:28 PM »

See you again soon.....

Mere I have driven in Alaska during summer.  Beautiful place in summer. Don't think I would like the winters. 

Your Bella & Quincy sound so sweet. So happy everything is working out for you all. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #966 on: September 23, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #967 on: September 25, 2014, 03:42:02 AM »

Hi None....so glad to get good news about both of your kids.  And is that big ole kitty the same as that tiny one I saw a picture of some years ago?

Hello to all my monkey friends.....miss everyone..!!

Hi sweet Mere 

Yes the kitty is Sophie and she was one of the babies all those years ago. Her father High Cotton is still with us but we lost her sister Wiggles to a heart defect and their mommy Bella to kidney defects. Lesson learned that purebred animals are often at risk of issues like this. Now we only adopt from rescues..........have two exotic shorthairs we adopted from a rescue that Sophie tolerates  Sophie is a small kitty, only 4 lbs but she's quite the whiner ...........and we love her all the more.

I have missed you. Mega-hugs !!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: September 25, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »

Thanks to Klaas and Mere for helping me get back online.  Had no problem once Klaas worked her magic.  Thanks mere for being my go-between.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #969 on: September 26, 2014, 01:07:28 AM »

Thanks to Klaas and Mere for helping me get back online.  Had no problem once Klaas worked her magic.  Thanks mere for being my go-between.

Welcome back Blue Moon. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: September 30, 2014, 04:42:06 PM »

BREAKING: CDC: First Ebola case diagnosed in US

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/Case-of-Ebola-Confirmed-in-the-US-CDC-277648611.html

Case of Ebola Confirmed in the U.S.: CDC
Ebola case believed to be patient from Dallas

By Frank Heinz

Tuesday, Sep 30, 2014 • Updated at 3:56 PM CDT

A news conference is expected to be held at 4:30 p.m. Video from that news conference will appear in the player above.

The first case of the Ebola virus has been diagnosed in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed Tuesday.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: October 01, 2014, 12:33:32 AM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/Case-of-Ebola-Confirmed-in-the-US-CDC-277648611.html

By Frank Heinz

A news conference is expected to be held at 4:30 p.m. Video from that news conference will appear in the player above.

The first case of the Ebola virus has been diagnosed in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed Tuesday.

scarey isn't it?  imagine how many people he/she came into contact with at airports, on planes, in texas, in hospital.  I really don't know why they would allow people to fly out of those countries until this is under control.  I read that over 800 babies have been exposed to TB in Texas also.  We need to go back to how we allowed people into this country through Ellis island--they were quarantined until it was determined what their health was at the time of arrival.  If they were coming from countries with disease being prevalent then they were automatically quarantined. JMO only, not trying to be political on this issue.  It is a very scary situation.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: October 08, 2014, 05:59:12 PM »

Yes, I know there are connection problems.  I've told Red..that's about all I can do.  Have no idea what's wrong.  Seems intermittent.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #973 on: October 08, 2014, 06:59:31 PM »

By Frank Heinz

scarey isn't it?  imagine how many people he/she came into contact with at airports, on planes, in texas, in hospital.  I really don't know why they would allow people to fly out of those countries until this is under control.  I read that over 800 babies have been exposed to TB in Texas also.  We need to go back to how we allowed people into this country through Ellis island--they were quarantined until it was determined what their health was at the time of arrival.  If they were coming from countries with disease being prevalent then they were automatically quarantined. JMO only, not trying to be political on this issue.  It is a very scary situation.

I agree Blue Moon. They need to do something to get these diseases under control. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #974 on: October 28, 2014, 05:38:20 AM »

Hello Monkeys 

Baseball, anyone?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2245773-world-series-checklist-what-the-royals-and-giants-must-do-to-win

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #975 on: November 26, 2014, 11:59:42 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Monkeys and their families

May the good things of life
be yours in abundance,
not only at Thanksgiving
but throughout the coming year

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #976 on: November 27, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Monkeys and their families

May the good things of life
be yours in abundance,
not only at Thanksgiving
but throughout the coming year

Happy Thanksgiving Green Eyes, and to all of our monkey family!

May you all have a blessed day with lots of food and fellowship!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:25 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2014 From Scared Monkeys … Thank You

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/11/27/happy-thanksgiving-2014-from-scared-monkeys-thank-you/

Please remember today, as you spend time today with family, friends and loved ones while feasting on turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry and pumpkin pie and maybe watching some traditional turkey day football, please take the time to think about what you are thankful for and give thanks to your blessings. We all have something to be thankful for, sometimes we just all too soon forget.  As President Ronald Reagan said on Thanksgiving Day 1986, “Perhaps no custom reveals our character as a Nation so clearly as our celebration of Thanksgiving Day. Rooted deeply in our Judeo-Christian heritage, the practice of offering thanksgiving underscores our unshakable belief in God as the foundation of our Nation and our firm reliance upon Him from Whom all blessings flow.”

Thanks to all at Scared Monkeys who make it happen!

RED
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: November 27, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/11/27/happy-thanksgiving-2014-from-scared-monkeys-thank-you/

Please remember today, as you spend time today with family, friends and loved ones while feasting on turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, cranberry and pumpkin pie and maybe watching some traditional turkey day football, please take the time to think about what you are thankful for and give thanks to your blessings. We all have something to be thankful for, sometimes we just all too soon forget.  As President Ronald Reagan said on Thanksgiving Day 1986, “Perhaps no custom reveals our character as a Nation so clearly as our celebration of Thanksgiving Day. Rooted deeply in our Judeo-Christian heritage, the practice of offering thanksgiving underscores our unshakable belief in God as the foundation of our Nation and our firm reliance upon Him from Whom all blessings flow.”

RED

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #979 on: November 27, 2014, 08:54:47 PM »

RED

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.