March 29, 2024, 02:49:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oil Pipelines, Markets, and Violence  (Read 1352 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 19, 2013, 01:46:05 PM »

An interesting read...

"Qatar’s Great Power Games – Analysis" - Published on March 30, 2013

The recent Arab League summit, which illegally decided to provide military aid to the Syrian opposition under pressure from Doha, has once again demonstrated that there is a new power balance in the Arab world where the traditionally powerful countries like Egypt, Algeria and Iraq have again proved helpless against the wealthy dwarf Qatar. The emirate used every means at its disposal to get what it wanted, including financial blackmail. Even Saudi Arabia showed less perseverance than Qatar.

E.g. the Emir has not fulfilled his promises to participate in several major Russian projects that he made during his November 2010 visit to Moscow. The question arises — is it because money is lacking, or is Qatar getting back at Russia for its stance on Syria? The main reason, of course, is the latter. After all, in November 2011 the Russian ambassador was attacked in Doha airport in an attempt to take his diplomatic pouch because he had antagonized the local Wahhabis by too energetically defending his country’s position in the local media.  Qatari objective is clear: they try to put an end to the Syrian regime blocking a gas pipeline project from Qatar to Turkey via Saudi Arabia, Jordan and the UAE, and then to European consumers. It would have helped realize a strategic objective — squeeze Russia out of its traditional markets for natural gas in Southeastern and Eastern Europe, as well as in Turkey. And Doha is not doing it just on its own accord; US pressure has been brought to bear.
Emphasis added.

Who is arming the Syrians?  What really happened in Benghazi?  Follow the oil?

read more - http://www.eurasiareview.com/30032013-qatars-great-power-games-analysis/

Interesting ideas and just 2 comments. 

Where is the US in all this?  Following the money?  Real self determination for local people?  Promoting money and oil?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »

"German tank producer secures huge order from Qatar"

The Munich-based company Krauss-Maffei Wegmann said Qatar was hoping to get 62 Leopard 2 tanks and 24 PzH 2000 armored howitzers in a bid to modernize its 8,500-strong army.

The German firm added the deal included setting up training schools and service units on the ground. 

Krauss-Maffei indicated Qatar's current tanks and artillery of French and South African makes were over four decades old and would gradually be replaced.

read more here - http://www.dw.de/german-tank-producer-secures-huge-order-from-qatar/a-16754997

In such a powder keg region, why would they let their equipment be so old?

Who are the German's going to confront?  US military?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »

A war for oil customers?  A war for market share?  Profits?

You can't eat oil.

For some reason, Obama doesn't want the US to become energy independent.  No new drilling in good areas.  Must import more oil from SA and become their best customer.  Why isn't he focusing on American energy?  American oil?  Coal?  Natural resources? 

'Green' seems like a scam leading to energy poverty.

You can't eat oil.  You can trade it for food and other items.

If Europe starts relying on the US for energy, who will buy the oil from the Middle East?  China?  Russia?

Maybe the Chinese are better buyers?  A better future for the region? 

just my humble opinions and questions.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.