March 28, 2024, 09:43:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 Year Old Jessica Heeringa Missing Since 4/26/13 in Norton Shores, MI Presumed Deceased  (Read 164610 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: April 28, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »

25 Year Old Jessica Heeringa Missing Since 4/26/13 in Norton Shores, Michigan

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/04/27/25-year-old-jessica-heeringa-missing-since-42613-in-norton-shores-michigan/

25 year old Jessica Heeringa has been missing since Friday night, April 26, 2013 in Norton Shores, MI. Jessica Heeringa was scheduled to work the late shift at the Exxon Mobil gas station on 1196 E. Sternberg Rd. Customers called 911 after going into the store and finding no employee inside. Jessica Heeringa was supposed to be working but could not be located. From FOX 17, Family Wants Missing Muskegon Woman Home.

Saturday, Muskegon police detectives showed up to Heeringa’s Muskegon home to ask loved ones more questions.

Dyer said, “This is not normal at all, especially the fact that her purse and everything was left.” Heeringa also has a three year old son who isn`t quite aware of what’s going on or where his mother is.

“Her son is everything to her. We just want her home, and he’s lost without her,” Dyer explained.

“[Her fiancé] is not doing well at all. He`s taking this really hard,” Dyer said. “Your loved one`s gone. The mother to your son is gone and no answers,” she added.

::snipping2::

Jessica is a 25-year-old female, 5’1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., with blonde shoulder-length hair. She has blue eyes and wears wire-rimmed glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt that says “Sternberg Exxon”.

If anyone knows of Jessica Heeringa’s whereabouts or may have witnessed suspicious activity near the Exxon Mobil gas station is asked to contact Silent ******* at 231-72-CRIME (231-722-7463) or call 911.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:22:02 PM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »

Norton Shores PD look for missing woman

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/norton-shores-pd-look-for-missing-woman

Norton Shores police officials scheduled a noon press conference on Sunday to provide updates in the investigation surrounding a woman who disappeared during her shift at a gas station.

Officials have been asking for the public's help in finding 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa who seems to have disappeared from her job post sometime Friday night.

At approximately 11:15 p.m. officers were called to the Exxon Mobil gas station on 1196 E. Sternberg Rd. Customers called 911 after going into the store and finding no employee inside.

Heeringa, who was scheduled to be working, could not be found. Her purse and other belongings were left behind

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »

Help sought locating Norton Shores woman

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/376166

Contact has been made with friends and family of 25-year-old woman, but  Heeringa still has not been located.

Jessica is described as a white female, 5'1 tall, approximately 110 lbs., blond shoulder length hair, and blue eyes. She is also known to wear wired rim glasses. She may be wearing a blue collared shirt saying "Sternberg Exxon".
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »

Missing woman case now 'abduction' case

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/missing-woman-case-officially-abduction

The missing woman case out of Norton Shores is now being investigated as an abduction.

Norton Shores police officials scheduled a noon press conference on Sunday to provide updates in the investigation surrounding a woman who disappeared during her shift at a gas station.

Officials have been asking for the public's help in finding 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa,  who seems to have disappeared from her job post sometime Friday night.

"It appears that Jessica was preparing to close the store," said Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw.

Police are now searching for a silver mini van, possibly a Chrysler Towne and Country

Obviously this was not a robbery as her belongings and the money from the cash register would have been gone. No sign of real struggle in the station. Could it be some one she knew or someone armed that forced her to leave in a hurry?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:48:17 PM by Red » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/missing-woman-case-officially-abduction

Missing woman case now 'abduction' case
Police looking for silver van and driver
Updated: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 12:18 PM EDT

The driver of the van is described as a heavy white man between the ages of 30 and 40 with broad shoulders, light brown wavy hair parted in the middle and longer on top. He may have also been wearing a bright red or orange sweatshirt.

24 Hour News 8 was told that task force has been assembled to investigate.

The Norton Shores Police Department has cleared four persons of interest and are now seeking the driver.

Norton Shores Police Department said there were no security cameras at the gas station, but that no money was stolen.

Police said they have made a composite sketch of a suspect but they are "not confident" in releasing it yet.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 04:51:56 PM »

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2013/04/jessica-heeringa-employee-disappears.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 04:54:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-mother-disappears-late-night-shift-gas-station/story?id=19061637#.UX2I5L4o7IV

Michigan Mother Disappears From Late Night Shift at Gas Station
April 28, 2013

The gas station was not outfitted with surveillance cameras, so investigators are relying on tips to help them zero in on what happened during the 15 minute time frame Heeringa went missing.

Shaw said authorities are looking for a silver minivan, possible a Chrysler Town and Country, that was seen in the area prior to Jessica's disappearance.

Shelly Heeringa said someone saw her daughter "walk out of the store with this guy like there was no problem," but when they got to his van, a struggle ensued.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/norton_shores_missing_persons.html

Norton Shores missing person's mom: Jessica Heeringa is 'loved by everyone'
Delal Pektas | dpektas@mlive.com By Delal Pektas | dpektas@mlive.com
on April 28, 2013 at 4:45 PM, updated April 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

NORTON SHORES, MI -- Shelly Heeringa, mother of the missing gas-station employee whose disappearance is being investigated as an abduction by Norton Shores Police, tried hard to hold back her tears as she talked about her daughter Sunday, April 28.

Just outside the Exxon Mobil gas station, located at 1196 E. Sternberg Road, where her daughter Jessica Heeringa, 25, went missing during a shift late on Friday night, Shelly Heeringa was passing out fliers with her daughter’s picture on them to help get the word out.

“I’m doing better today than I was yesterday. It feels good to be out,” Shelly Heeringa said. “Yesterday, I didn’t want to do anything. This scenario kept playing in my mind, so it’s good to be out here and see support.”

Shelly Heeringa said she believes someone who came to the gas station regularly “lured (Jessica Heeringa) out the back and shoved her in the back of the van.”

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 08:49:18 PM »

Police: Woman abducted from gas station
Jessica Heeringa went missing Friday night
Updated: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 7:05 PM EDT

The Norton Shores Police Department has cleared four persons of interest and are now seeking the driver. Police said they have made a composite sketch of a suspect but they are "not confident" in releasing it yet.

Shaw said it's possible Heeringa may know her abductor. He said he "can't remember anything like this in western Michigan," in his nine-year career in Norton Shores.

"She's very helpful and I think that's how he lured her out of the gas station -- that he needed help of some kind or something," Shelly Heeringa said.

Shelly Heeringa told 24 Hour News 8 that disappearing would be completely out of character for her daughter.

"She loved her son. She would never leave her son," she said. "She was a good worker. She wouldn't have left the gas station open, unattended."

She said Jessica's son is still too young to really understand what's happening, but that she's sure he wonders where his mother is.

A task force that includes the FBI has been assembled.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »

Facebook site for Jessica

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/28/family-of-jessica-heeringa-searching-for-answers/#ixzz2Ro4kNCVd

Family Of Jessica Heeringa Searching For Answers
43 mins ago

NORTON SHORES, Mich.– As detectives continue to work the case, family members are waiting for any trace of Jessica. As you can imagine, as the time ticks they’re getting worried. It’s why they say they’re not resting until they find her.

Jessica’s mom, Shelly Heeringa went door to door Sunday around Norton Shores passing out fliers, posting them anywhere she could find room. The community came out to help, picking up fliers they could pass out themselves, just asking the family if there was anything they could do.

Derek Alton who just knew Jessica only from seeing her at the gas station every once in a while said he would offer a $500.00 for any information leading to an arrest. “The need for the community to get involved is of utmost importance. I mean without anybody getting involved then what’s going to happen?”

Shelly Heeringa says her daughter is the kind of person that would help anyone, always smiling. Her family says she has a lot she still wants to do, she’s working towards going to college and has dreams of being an accountant.

“Right now she was just at this job to support her and her little boy and her family. Her boyfriend had recently been laid off so she was taking on extra shifts and trying to do what she could.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 09:26:32 PM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/254656/5/Police-believe-Jessica-Heeringa-was-abducted

Police believe Jessica Heeringa was abducted
8:09 PM, Apr 28, 2013

Police are now going off one big new clue, and they hope the public will help them out. Chief Shaw says a Chrysler Town and Country was reported to have been seen in the area of the Exxon station prior to Jessica's disappearance.

The Chrysler minivan raised suspicion because it may have been there in the past.

"Other people have contacted them from other gas stations about a gray van pulling up to their gas station and just sitting there staring at the girls who are working inside. And then they take off," said Shelly.

Herringa and Chief Shaw believe the person was probably a past customer. They say Jessica's a friendly girl, and there were no signs of a struggle.

"She's very helpful, that's why I think he lured her out of the gas station," said Herringa.  "He knew there wasn't security cameras."

And though store employees told WZZM 13 on Sunday that they had security in place before Friday, Herringa says that's not what the owner told her.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »

Updated: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 10:29 PM EDT

Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said Heeringa helped a customer at 10:50 p.m. and a call to 911 reporting the empty gas station was made at 11:15 p.m. In that 25 minutes, Shaw said, "something very bad happened."

"Between the time that last purchase was made and the time that the customers came in and found the store empty is when Jessica was abducted," Shaw said. "We have spoken with the person who made the purchase there and cleared them of any wrong. And unfortunately, they didn't see anything that would lead them to believe there was something going on at the store that was leading to that abduction."
Fiance Dakota Quail-Dyer -- also the father of Jessica's son -- told 24 Hour News 8 Saturday that he talked to her an hour before she disappeared. He said she was looking forward to coming home.

"Just hoping she's OK and she'll come home and be with me and my son. I just want her home," he said.
ka8lhi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 07:18:52 AM »

Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said Heeringa helped a customer at 10:50 p.m. and a call to 911 reporting the empty gas station was made at 11:15 p.m. In that 25 minutes, Shaw said, "something very bad happened."

"Between the time that last purchase was made and the time that the customers came in and found the store empty is when Jessica was abducted," Shaw said. "We have spoken with the person who made the purchase there and cleared them of any wrong. And unfortunately, they didn't see anything that would lead them to believe there was something going on at the store that was leading to that abduction."
Fiance Dakota Quail-Dyer -- also the father of Jessica's son -- told 24 Hour News 8 Saturday that he talked to her an hour before she disappeared. He said she was looking forward to coming home.

"Just hoping she's OK and she'll come home and be with me and my son. I just want her home," he said.

I bolded an interesting "wording" -- I would think he would have used the term "our" ---- just saying....
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »

I bolded an interesting "wording" -- I would think he would have used the term "our" ---- just saying....

I can see what you're saying, but I wouldn't put much into it at this point.   I've used "my" in regard to children, car, house, pet, and all of those are shared.  That said, we've seen so many times the husband, boyfriend or ex  are responsible for the deaths or disappearance of so many women.  So often it's someone known to the victim who commits the foul deed.   I'm really afraid for Jessica Heeringa.  I hope she can be found safe and soon.  Thank you for the update ka8lhi.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »

This just doesn't sound good at all.   
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/jessica-heeringa-missing_n_3178201.html
Jessica Heeringa Missing: Michigan Mom Disappears From Gas Station, Cops Say She Was Abducted
Posted: 04/29/2013 11:07 am EDT  |  Updated: 04/29/2013 11:42 am EDT

ABC News reports that cops believe there was foul play in the disappearance of 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa, who was last seen at a Norton Shores Exxon Mobile Friday night.

Fifteen minutes after Heeringa made her last recorded sale at 11 p.m., a costumer called police to say there was no one working at the still-open gas station.

The 25-year-old's mother, Shelly Heeringa, told Michigan Live she thinks someone her daughter had seen before at the station “lured [her] out the back and shoved her in the back of [a] van.”

Cops are looking for a silver minivan, possibly a Chrysler Town and Country that authorities believe could have something to do with Heeringa's disappearance.

“I’m sure she was abducted,” Shelly Heeringa said. “She was cleaning a machine, she left her car keys, no money was taken from the gas station.”

Videos at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/28/suspect-vehicle-described-in-jessica-heeringa-abduction/#axzz2RpN0R4QK

Suspect, Vehicle Described In Jessica Heeringa Abduction
14 hours ago

NORTON SHORES, Mich. — A minivan and a white male are now being sought in the abduction case of a Norton Shores mother.
“A passerby had observed this vehicle near the store, parked near the store, and observed the vehicle driving away,” Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said.

Police are also looking for a white male between 30 and 40 years old, medium to heavy build with broad shoulders and with light brown or sandy blonde hair.

Police say the station did not have security cameras at the time of the incident. ”We all were well aware that there were no cameras, and we would be working alone,” Kristen Wilder, a co-worker, posted on Facebook Sunday.

Heeringa was working by herself.

FOX 17 went into the store on Sunday and saw that cameras had been installed since the abduction.

There’s a chance Heeringa knows her abductor. Investigators say no money was taken from the store’s cash register, and Heeringa’s possessions were untouched.

“As a store clerk, she has contact with a lot of people,” Shaw said. ”Most of the people who have talked to us so far have indicated that she’s a very pleasant person – very sociable – so she engages in conversation with all of her customers. So, it’s very possible that she may have known this person.”

Wilder agreed on Facebook, citing that the store typically has the same customers regularly: “This was also NOT just some random person that took her,” she posted. ”It was someone she knew.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/grandfather_of_missing_jessica.html

Grandfather of missing Jessica Heeringa as concern grows: 'It's been too long'
on April 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM, updated April 29, 2013 at 10:57 AM

NORTON SHORES, MI – “It’s been too long.”

Those were the words of Jessica Heeringa’s grandfather this morning, Monday, April 29, days after his granddaughter was allegedly abducted from a Norton Shores gas station.

Roman Homrich said his granddaughter has been missing “too long” and the concern among her family and friends is growing. The 25-year-old mother and late-night gas station clerk has been missing since Friday, April 26.

Authorities have been combing the area for days and fielding tips coming in from across the country in an effort to find her.

But as of early this morning, the family heard nothing new regarding her whereabouts.

“We haven’t heard anything, nothing since last night. We were at the police station. But nothing has changed since then,” Homrich said.
Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw is urging the public for more information this morning.

“We need tips,” he said in an email to MLive and The Muskegon Chronicle.

“If someone saw or heard anything, they need to call us, even if they have read or heard the same information in the media. They may have that one shred of information that will help us find Jessica."

Homrich said Heeringa’s young child is currently staying with the child’s father.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 02:40:55 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/friends_family_of_missing_jess.html

Missing person Jessica Heeringa's grandmother: Holding out hope 'little pixie girl' is found unharmed
on April 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM, updated April 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM

NORTON SHORES, MI – Dozens of friends and family members of missing Jessica Heeringa gathered Monday, April 29, to pass out flyers, console each other and offer any assistance in the plight to find the free-spirited young mother who vanished Friday.
As of early Monday, four persons of interest had been cleared, police said. No new suspects had yet been identified.

Jessica Heeringa, the youngest of three daughters, had worked at the gas station about a year before Friday’s alleged abduction from that gas station that occurred shortly before closing time – 11 p.m. – while she worked alone in the building.

She was a “conscientious worker” who would have never left the building unsecured, Homrich said. That's another reason they suspect Heeringa didn't leave on her own will.

“She’s very scrappy. She would have put up a fight,” Homrich said at the idea of someone trying to force her from the store. “She can take care of herself."

Heeringa regularly worked the night shift as a clerk, police said. The business didn’t have surveillance video at the time of the incident.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.