March 28, 2024, 10:18:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 Year Old Jessica Heeringa Missing Since 4/26/13 in Norton Shores, MI Presumed Deceased  (Read 164612 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/14/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Michigan Mom Vanishes While Working Night Shift
Aired June 14, 2013 - 19:00   ET

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/259133/2/Private-investigator-reveals-clues-in-Heeringa-case

Jessica Heeringa missing two months, private investigator reveals new clues
7:21 PM, Jun 18, 2013

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) -- It's been 54 days since Jessica Heeringa disappeared from her job at a Norton Shores gas station. The national media attention has gone away and tips are coming in at a much slower pace. If police have a strong theory or even just a solid hunch, they're not saying.

Truth is not much more is known about Jessica's disappearance today than almost two months ago. WZZM 13 has dedicated multiple journalists to the story but as the mystery grew we asked what more could we do to uncover clues?

That's why WZZM hired a licensed private investigator to go beyond what our reporters were doing. We are not identifying her so as to not jeopardize her work. Lee VanAmeyde spoke with her.

Q: You've been doing this for a month now, take me through the process, how you investigate, who you talk to.

A: I came here several nights to get the lay of the land, as to what would be occurring at 11 at night, what I found is that there are several businesses that are open at 11 and quite a bit of traffic that might use the Exxon station.

Many of those businesses are located in the nearby strip mall and WZZM 13's investigator was able to talk to workers and customers who are accustomed to being in the area. They told her that on the night Jessica Heeringa disappeared there were, at the time, what seemed like minor things out of the ordinary.

One example; The back of the Exxon station was totally dark. Two large security lights on the back wall normally on, were off. The back door which was normally closed, was open. This is where police say Jessica was taken and where a small amount of Jessica's blood was found.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/548241

Two months later
Jessica Heeringa’s 3-year-old son, Zevyn, looks for his mother wherever he goes.
Jun 22, 2013

“Isn’t that heartbreaking?” asked the boy’s great-grandmother, Diane Homrich.

It’s been nearly two months since Jessica Heeringa, 25, was abducted from a Norton Shores gas station and convenience store where she worked. She remains missing.

“They talked to a counselor and decided they needed to tell him something,” Homrich said of Zevyn. “They told him his mommy is lost. That is something he can understand.”

Massive police efforts have gone into the investigation and search for Heeringa, including a multi-agency task force. Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said that task force has since been downsized, but he still has four full-time officers working exclusively on the case.

“It’s a high-priority case for us,” he said.

Shaw said the department receives 10-15 Silent ******* tips each day, but only a handful of those receive priority treatment. Many of the calls are about rumors, he said, and some are about people they’ve already investigated for the case.

The Silent ******* reward is at more than $16,000, the chief said.

Police are still looking for a silver Chrysler Town and Country van that was seen in the area on the night of April 26 when Heeringa was abducted. A drawing of the man believed to be driving the van has been widely circulated, but the suspect has yet to be identified, Shaw said.

“We have lots of names, but we still don’t know who he is,” the chief said.

Shaw said he is convinced that somebody knows Heeringa's whereabouts, but he or she is not talking.

Shaw also believes Heeringa is still in the area, and the missing woman's grandmother still hopes she will be found alive

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2013, 12:48:19 AM »

Video at the link

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/260000/14/Jessica-Heeringas-fianc%C3%A9-We-need-her-home

Jessica Heeringa's fiancé: "We need her home"
11:14 PM, Jun 27, 2013

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) -- It has been just over two months since Jessica Heeringa was last seen. She vanished late on the night of April 26 at the Exxon gas station on Sternberg Road where she worked.

On April 29, police released surveillance video of the van seen at the time of her alleged kidnapping. The next day police released a sketch of the man believed to have kidnapped her. On May 3, police searched Muskegon State park, but found nothing.

Since WZZM 13's update on the story, including our own investigation over a week ago, there still have been no new leads.

Although the story is fading in the public's mind, it is the only thing on Dakota's mind. He believes the abductor was someone Jessica knew.

"It was very quick, her being outside. Not sure what happened, it's just a feeling I have."

Dakota says he still feels in the dark with all theories he hears from people in the community, although he does speak with investigators regularly.

"I talk to the police about twice a week, at least. We're pretty much on the understanding that they won't tell me anything until they have something," says Dakota.

Also left to wonder three-year-old Zevyn.

"He asks questions everyday-- everywhere we go he asks questions. Is mom here? Constantly looking for her asking if she's there," says Dakota.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2013, 11:26:01 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/10-weeks-since-heeringa-went-missing

Police: Tips continue in Heeringa case
Updated: Friday, 05 Jul 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 05 Jul 2013, 1:49 PM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - It has been 10 weeks since Jessica Heeringa was abducted while working at a gas station in Norton Shores, but police said there are fewer investigators working the case.

According to Norton Shores Police Chief Dnaiel Shaw, there are still detectives working the case,but the task force made up from investigators from around the area is no longer together.

There is still no suspect in the kidnapping, but police said they are still receiving five to 10 tips each day.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2013, 07:52:06 AM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/10-weeks-since-heeringa-went-missing

Police: Tips continue in Heeringa case
Updated: Friday, 05 Jul 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 05 Jul 2013, 1:49 PM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - It has been 10 weeks since Jessica Heeringa was abducted while working at a gas station in Norton Shores, but police said there are fewer investigators working the case.

According to Norton Shores Police Chief Dnaiel Shaw, there are still detectives working the case,but the task force made up from investigators from around the area is no longer together.

There is still no suspect in the kidnapping, but police said they are still receiving five to 10 tips each day.

Glad to know there are tips still coming in.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2013, 11:05:11 PM »

Happy Birthday, Jessica.   

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/heeringa-still-missing-on-26th-birthday

Heeringa still missing on 26th birthday
Updated: Tuesday, 16 Jul 2013, 3:51 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 16 Jul 2013, 3:51 PM EDT

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) - As Jessica Heeringa's 26th birthday passes, police still don't know who abducted the Norton Shores mother more than two months ago -- and they are running out of leads.

Heeringa was working at a Sternberg Road gas station in Norton Shores the night of April 26 when, police say, she was abducted. In the days following her disappearance, a multi-agency task force was convened to find her.

At first, there were some leads -- a silver mini-van and a composite sketch -- but those leads have led to dead-ends.

"#jessicaheeringa still missing on her 26th birthday. No new developments in the abduction case," Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw tweeted Tuesday.

The task force looking into her abduction has been disbanded. Norton Shores Police Department detectives are now working the case on their own.

Police say it has been weeks since they have gotten any new tips.

New Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2013, 09:16:46 AM »

Doesn't it seem odd another woman has gone missing from the area?  Her name is Amy Sue Depoy and she went missing on Monday, allegedly.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »

Doesn't it seem odd another woman has gone missing from the area?  Her name is Amy Sue Depoy and she went missing on Monday, allegedly.

She has been found safe:

http://fox17online.com/2013/07/25/missing-woman-amy-duck-found-safe/#ixzz2a4RDCN4T

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2013, 12:42:11 AM »

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wwmt_allday-prayer-vigil-held-family-jessica-heeringa-12084.shtml

All-day prayer vigil held for family of Jessica Heeringa
Updated: Tuesday, July 23 2013, 07:49 PM EDT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Even those who have never met Jessica Heeringa can sympathize with her story.

"It could have been my daughter," said Nancy Harriman, who was at the vigil Tuesday. "It could have been anybody's daughter."

Harriman says that's why she decided to approach Bridge Bible Church about an all-day prayer vigil for Jessica and her family.

"I knew they'd be all about it," Harriman said. "Because they not only opened the sanctuary for me, they also did all my flyers for me."

But she knew she had to reach out to the Heeringa family first.

"I wanted them to put a face with the person who was doing it," she explained. "I wanted her to know my intentions were genuine."

And for eight hours Tuesday, like minded people like Carrie Mitchell cycled through.

Mitchell has been trying to help the Heeringa family bring Jessica home with the help of social media, ever since she went missing.

Norton Shores Police say the tips they're getting now are largely based in theory rather than fact, and every suspect and lead has been examined and exhausted.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2013, 09:49:50 PM »

So sad...no new concrete leads...

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/08/jessica_heeringa_abduction_cas_2.html

Jessica Heeringa abduction case: Grandparents 'disheartened' as 100th day since disappearance nears
on August 01, 2013 at 6:46 AM, updated August 01, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Investigators press on

The case hasn’t yet gone cold, but it has become a “frustrating” investigation with very few solid leads and more questions than answers, said Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw.

“We have a lot of pieces to the puzzle already, based on just the first few days. We do have different theories of who may be involved, but we don’t have anything concrete to connect people to this case. It will take just the right piece of information to make that happen,” Shaw said.

Shaw said there isn’t any piece of evidence to suggest Heeringa isn't alive, but then again “we have nothing to say she is.”

Police have not publicly identified a suspect in the case.

However, that’s not to say there aren’t individuals who police are keeping an eye on, Shaw said.

“There was no one taken into custody,” he said. “But we are still watching more than one (person). We follow evidence, we don’t go based on hunch. We have theories and all sorts of ideas.”

RELATED: Check out MLive's entire coverage of the Jessica Heeringa case

A task force once put together specifically for the Heeringa case has been dismantled at this point, Shaw said, but can easily be put back in place if there is a “solid” piece of information for the team to explore. As it stands now, there is one Norton Shores Police Department detective assigned to the Heeringa case on a daily basis. The rest of the department focuses on day-to-day incidents, Shaw said.

In the meantime, Shaw said the only real solid piece of evidence they have – the very small droplet of blood discovered outside the Exxon station that was determined to have belonged to Heeringa – didn’t really answer anything.

“Nothing has really changed with the investigation. There have been a lot of people giving us theories. That’s what we have been getting lately is just theories, not, ‘This is what we saw and this is what we heard,'" Shaw said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2013, 12:33:05 AM »

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/muskegon-county/jessica-heeringa-abducted-4-months-ago

Jessica Heeringa abducted 4 months ago
Updated: Monday, August 26, 2013, 7:07 PM EDT
Published: Monday, August 26, 2013, 6:16 PM EDT

But despite tips about the sketch and minivan pouring into the Norton Shores Police Department, nothing panned out.

In July, Heeringa's 26th birthday passed  and she remained missing. Police said the flow of tips had started to slow and that the task force had been disbanded, though NSPD detectives continued to work the case.

Aug 26, four months after Heeringa vanished, police said they are still seeking tips in the case.

Anyone with information is urged to call NSPD at 231.733.2691 or Silent ******* at 231.72.CRIME (231.722.7463).

There is a $15,160 reward for information in the case. Anyone who wishes to make a donation to the reward fund can mail or drop off a check or money order to:

Muskegon Community Foundation
C/O Silent *******
Norton Shores Police Department
4814 S Henry St
Norton Shores MI 49441

Donations can be made directly to Silent *******. Those who wish their donation returned if not used should mark it "Reward for Jessica."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2013, 02:37:30 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/08/4_months_later_donations_for_j.html

Donations for Jessica Heeringa reward fund, information about her whereabouts still sought by police
on August 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM, updated August 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw issued this statement this morning:

"The Norton Shores Police Department continues to actively investigate Jessica's abduction on a daily basis. We would like the community to remember that Jessica is still missing and know that we need information directly connected to her abduction," he said.

"Though we continue to receive 30-50 calls per week, most of the information is speculative in nature and not based on direct knowledge of the events of April 26, 2013. As I've stated from the start of this investigation, we believe that someone has personal knowledge of who abducted Jessica and/or her whereabouts. We need those people to come forward, so we can bring her home to her family."

The reward is up to $15,160, police said, and donations are being accepted to add to that amount.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2013, 08:24:55 AM »

This is so sad. I suspect that she will be found this fall when people go to the woods for hunting. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2013, 08:44:35 AM »

This is so sad. I suspect that she will be found this fall when people go to the woods for hunting. 

I agree TBM.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:55 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #196 on: September 09, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »

Not sure if this is related to this case but it is the first thing I thought of when I read this story:
http://www.wnem.com/story/23383213/arenac-co-children-find

Children find human remains behind grocery store

The Arenac County Sheriff's Department says a discovery by three children of human remains has led to the Michigan State Police deploying their mobile crime lab.

Authorities didn't state exactly when the remains were found, but earlier Monday WNEM TV5's Facebook page had several posts about children having discovered part of a human skull. Police later confirmed that the kids did find part of a skull.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: September 09, 2013, 11:48:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa

Find Jessica Heeringa
September 4.

Michigan families with missing loved ones have an opportunity to gather in the greater Lansing area for the third annual Missing In Michigan event; everyone is welcome from anywhere in the state – families, advocates, law enforcement, interested persons, whomever wants to be a part of supporting families with missing loved ones.

o This year the event is at the Eagle Eye Golf Club on Sunday, September 8th, 2013, 15500 Chandler Rd, Bath, MI
 o (517) 641-4570

The main event will be in the Grand Garden Room from 1-5pm, and new to this year’s event will be a Family of Missing Persons ONLY Session from 9-11:30 am in the Eagle's Nest Room with Duane T. Bowers, a licensed therapist assisting families with their grief over the loss of a family member.

Speakers include:

Duane Bowers http://www.duanetbowers.com/
Carol Ryan http://www.spcoalition.org/ryan.html of NCMEC.
Beth Holloway http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Holloway as the keynote speaker-Natalee Holloway's mother.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: September 09, 2013, 11:52:06 PM »

Find Jessica Heeringa
11 hours ago.

Grandma Diane & Angel attended "Missing In Michigan" event in Lansing, Mi, Sunday 9/8/13. The Mich State Police had a large display of their equipment, their helicopter, mobile Forensic lab, bomb truck, S&R Team w/dogs, etc. Quite an impressive display. We learned that there are thousands missing in Michigan and 100,000 in the USA. We met many families of missing people. It helps being able to talk to people in the same situation we are. It was a very emotional day for us. The event closed with a candlelight ceremony in memory of our missing loved ones. Our thanks go out to Sarah Krebs & Mi State Police for putting on this event. God Bless All of You! ONE MISSION!!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2013, 09:03:18 PM »

Find Jessica Heeringa
9 hours ago.

The riders should be going by Hot Rod Harley around 12:30ish! Stop by, it's a awesome sight!

Bike belongs to one of our long time friends .... Ken n T
Ken is driving Jessicas bear!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.