March 29, 2024, 04:14:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25 Year Old Jessica Heeringa Missing Since 4/26/13 in Norton Shores, MI Presumed Deceased  (Read 164624 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2014, 03:00:36 AM »

Video and photos at the link

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/23/fox-17-exclusive-jessica-heeringa-case-file-and-crime-scene-photos-unveiled/#axzz2zmdRcQY

6 hours ago
FOX 17 EXCLUSIVE: Jessica Heeringa Case File and Crime Scene Photos Unveiled

Below is an amended and expanded timeline that we have constructed based on the investigation to date:

April 26, 2013

2:44 pm: JESSICA purchased groceries at Aldi, 2715 Henry Street.

4:35 pm: JESSICA begins her shift at the Exxon store.
•JESSICA was aware the store did not have video cameras, as she had advised customers of this and the fact she was working alone.
•She was not worried about the lack of cameras.
•It was not uncommon for JESSICA to prop open the rear door and turn off the store’s rear security light so she could smoke cigarettes behind the store or allow friends to enter via the rear door.

7:30 – 8:15 pm: JESSICA’s reported boyfriend arrived at the Exxon station in a work vehicle, a silver full-size van. The two reportedly had a discussion regarding their relationship.
•A customer advised that JESSICA appeared to be upset after the conversation with the male subject.

7:40 – 8:50 pm: A female friend entered the store through the front door to visit JESSICA. Nothing suspicious was noticed at that time.
•Both the female friend and a male customer observed a bluish silver van pull up to JESSICA while she was changing the receipt paper in one of the pumps. It appeared that the male driver and JESSICA were having a friendly conversation.

10:55 pm: A female customer entered the store and purchased a lighter. She advised that JESSICA was alone in the store and did not appear to be nervous or distressed. The customer did not see anyone in the store or in the parking lot.

11:00 pm (apx.): An Exxon manager and her husband were riding their motorcycles eastbound on Sternberg Road.
•She saw a silver minivan slowly enter the north drive of the Exxon station from the service drive of the Points Mall.
•The van drove behind the Exxon station, did a u-turn and extinguished its headlights as it pulled behind the store facing west.
•The manager suspected JESSICA may be in the process of stealing from Exxon, so she turned around on Harvey Street to return to the store.
•The manager and her husband drove to the Points Mall, west of the Exxon station, and parked in the lot with a view of the north and west sides of the Exxon station.
•The minivan was parked on the north side of the Exxon station.
•There were no other vehicles in the lot except for JESSICA’s.
•The manager saw a figure standing at the rear of the van and noticed the van’s rear hatch was open.
•The figure shut the rear hatch and quickly opened it again.
•It appeared as though the figure was adjusting something in the rear of the van, and then closed the hatch again.
•She noted that the figure’s head was just above the roof of the van.
•The figure then walked to the driver’s door, got into the van and began driving westbound on the service drive.

The manager made the following observations:
•The store’s rear security light was not on.
•The store’s rear door did not open at any time.
•She never saw a struggle or heard anyone yell for help.
•She did not see JESSICA outside of the store.

As the van drove closer to their location in the parking lot, the manager and her husband started their motorcycles and pulled up to the service drive.
•As the van passed, she looked at the driver, a male subject wearing a red or orange sweatshirt.
•Her husband stated that he did not see the subject well, but did see that he had “crazy” or wavy hair.
• Neither of them saw JESSICA or anyone else in the van.

The manager and her husband pulled onto the service drive and followed the van until it stopped at Grand Haven Road.
• The manager’s husband stated that he was positive the van was a Chrysler Town and Country van, silver in color, as it was the same type a relative owned (Note: This vehicle was located and was in Traverse City, MI at the time of the abduction).
• He clearly remembered the town and country logo on the rear hatch door.
• Neither obtained the license plate number, as they had no reason to believe a crime had occurred.

The van turned northbound on Grand Haven Road, while the manager and her husband turned southbound on Grand Haven Road and went home.

11:02 pm: Surveillance video from inside of a closed store in the Points Mall captured a silver minivan turning northbound onto Grand Haven Road.

11:03 pm: Surveillance video from the Homestead Tavern captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.

11:05 pm: Surveillance video from the Coin Zone captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.

11:10 pm (apx): A male customer arrived at the gas station, pulled up to the pump and attempted to purchase gasoline. He but was unable to do so as the pump would not activate.
• When the pump did not activate, he entered the store believing that the clerk (JESSICA) may have been in the back room and not aware of his presence at the pump. He was unable to locate JESSICA.
• Upon exiting the store, he spoke with a female customer and called 9-1-1

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2014, 11:39:13 PM »

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/24/heeringas-family-investigator-weighs-in/

Heeringa’s family investigator weighs in
Updated: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 10:01 am
Published: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 9:36 am

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) — Authorities have received a lot of tips into the case of missing Norton Shores mother Jessica Heeringa, but still no one knows what led up to her disappearance.

Heeringa’s family hired private investigator Ken Cote to work on the case, in addition to police efforts.

Cote told 24 Hour News 8 he is disappointed with the Norton Shores Police Department and how they have dealt with tips.

“I believe some tips are falling through the cracks,” said Cote. “There were multiple tips that people have come up to me and said I have reported and left my name and number about what I’ve seen and heard and no one bothered to contact them.”

Cote also believes there could be more than one suspect in the case. He sent out a warning to those involved in her abduction to come forward and confess.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2014, 11:44:39 PM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/apr/24/police-make-new-appeal-tips-abduction-case/

Police Make New Appeal For Tips In Abduction Case
As of Thursday, April 24, 2014, 10:09 a.m

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (AP) — Police investigating the disappearance of a mother from her job at a western Michigan gas station nearly a year ago issued a fresh appeal Thursday for tips in the case.

Norton Shores police Chief Dan Shaw said efforts to find Jessica Heeringa continue. He also released an updated timeline on the case and details about investigative efforts, noting the work of a task force comprising 15 local, state and federal agencies.

After one year of intensive investigation, we have not received or discovered the necessary information leading us to Jessica or her abductor," Shaw said in a statement.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2014, 11:49:39 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20140424/NEWS06/304240084/Jessica-Heeringa-Norton-Shores-abduction-case

Mystery minivan: A year later, Jessica Heeringa's abduction still unsolved
9:01 PM, April 24, 2014

Nearly a year after a young mother was abducted from her job at a western Michigan gas station, police and her family are still looking for answers.

But what happened to Jessica Heeringa, who police say was driven away from a Norton Shores gas station in a silver minivan, remains a mystery.

“It’s still a nightmare,” said Diane Homrich, Heeringa’s grandmother, who said she believes her granddaughter is alive.

Police today released a time line revealing information from their investigation, including details reported by a manager from the gas station and the manager’s husband. The woman said she saw a silver minivan — which her husband described as a Chrysler Town & Country — parked behind the Exxon Mobil on East Sternberg Road in Norton Shores about 11 p.m. on April 26, 2013.

It was around that time — closing time at the station — when police say Heeringa vanished.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2014, 09:00:35 PM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/investigations/13-on-your-side/2014/04/25/police-chief-search-jessica-heeringa/8160531/

Police chief reflects on year of searching for Jessica
7:31 p.m. EDT April 25, 2014

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WZZM) - It has been one long year since Jessica Heeringa disappeared from a Norton Shores gas station.

"It seems just like yesterday," for Daniel Shaw, Norton Shores Police Chief.

Police have used 33 search warrants around Muskegon, Traverse City, and even this month, at a house near Detroit. Shaw says they received a tip just two weeks ago and they searched the house near Detroit and seized some evidence which is still being analyzed.

A dozen people have been looked at as "persons-of-interest." The chief says that not all of those "persons-of-interests" are male.

Shaw also says that the investigation does not focus on Heeringa's fiance' Dakotah Quail-Dyer or the reported boyfriend who visited Jessica at the station earlier that day. Alibis for both men have checked out.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2014, 01:59:01 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=245845938873209&set=a.198477870276683.1073741826.198476393610164&type=1

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2014, 02:17:55 AM »

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/26/one-year-anniversary-of-jessica-heeringas-abduction-police-offering-reward-of-more-than-21000/#axzz3014qmCC3

One Year Anniversary of Jessica Heeringa’s Abduction: Police Offering Reward of More than $21,000

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (April 26, 2014) – The reward for information leading to the location of Jessica Heeringa has increased to more than $21,000, Norton Shores Police Department Chief Dan Shaw told Fox 17. Chief Shaw said an anonymous donation of $6,000 was made over the weekend.

According to the Help Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook page, there will be a vigil held at 3 P.M. Saturday, near the Exxon gas station where Jessica was abducted, on East Sternberg Road near Grand Haven Road in Norton Shores.

Earlier this week, the Norton Shores Police Department released new information in the case, including an extensive timeline of events beginning in the afternoon the day Jessica was abducted, along with two pictures of the gas station that night. Officials said investigators have worked more than 12,000 hours on this case, and are still searching for necessary clues to find Jessica. Chief Shaw said as of now there are about 12 persons of interest in this case, including a few who are being regularly monitored.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2014, 07:46:25 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/04/jessica_heeringas_mother_my_li.html

Jessica Heeringa's mother: 'My life has basically ended without her'
on April 26, 2014 at 6:44 AM, updated April 26, 2014 at 6:49 AM

NORTON SHORES, MI -- Life as Shelly Heeringa knows it, is over.

For the grieving, sleepless mother of Jessica Heeringa -- the 26-year-old Muskegon woman who went missing a year ago -- her world remains turned upside down.

“My life has basically ended without her,” said a tearful Shelly Heeringa over the phone from her Nashville, Mich., home.

“The hardest part is waking up in the morning and trying to fall asleep at night,” she said. “That’s when your mind wanders. It’s another day that she hasn’t been found.”

1 year later and no closer to finding “Jess”

This year Shelly Heeringa is requesting that no vigil is held for her missing daughter. It’s just too much to endure, she said.

One group of women, who apparently have a Facebook page supporting Jessica, offered to have a memorial for Jessica by throwing flowers all over a field on the date of her disappearance.

But a memorial represents death, Shelly Heeringa said, and she refuses to think that way about her daughter.

“I don’t like to talk about her in the past tense,” she said of Jessica. “She’s alive. Until I’m shown different, I am not going to believe anything else. I’ve waited for spring and I’ve waited for summer. Deer hunting has gone by. If she had passed already, I think she would have been found.”

Authorities have considered several theories behind Jessica Heeringa’s disappearance. Police have consistently said they believe Jessica knew her alleged abductor.

Her mother doesn’t disagree with that, but her gut tells her she knows who might be involved.

“I basically have two theories: One is that a complete stranger did it, maybe someone who had been in the gas station before. He would have at least went in there and could see there were no cameras. I think he could have watched across (Sternberg Road) in the G&L parking lot,” she said.

“He had a 12-minute window and went into the store, maybe. He was lucky enough to get that window.”

Or good old-fashioned jealousy might be behind the disappearance, she said.

Without giving too much information, Shelly Heeringa said Jessica -- described as pretty, friendly, smart and hard-working -- wasn’t well-liked by everyone.

Female co-workers had it out for her, she said, but the customers at Exxon adored her.

Having her grandson back in her life helps, too, she said.

She said she is thankful that a recent court ruling allows her to have contact with her grandson, Zevyn. Seeing his face helps soften the blow of not having his mother around.

“We are very happy we can see him and we are just as important to him as he is to us. I love him very much," she said.

"We are a piece of his mama. He is our piece of Jessie.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2014, 04:28:51 PM »

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/29/reward-for-jessica-heeringa-fund-exceeds-25000/#axzz30P6bFRAG

Reward for Jessica Heeringa Fund Exceeds $25,000
20 hours ago

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (April 29, 2014) – The reward to help find Jessica Heeringa has surpassed $25,000 this week.

Heeringa was abducted from work at a Norton Shores gas station on April 26, 2013.

Great Lakes Ford of Muskegon donated $4,000 to the Silent ******* “Reward for Jessica” fund.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:55 AM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2014/06/father_of_jessica_heeringas_ch.html

Father of Jessica Heeringa's child arrested for drug charges
on June 19, 2014 at 12:49 PM, updated June 19, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Dakotah Quail-Dyer    Muskegon County Jail

NORTON SHORES, MI –  The fiancé of Jessica Heeringa, the Muskegon woman who has been missing for over a year, has been charged with three felony drug charges.

Dakotah Wakan Quail-Dyer, 30, was arraigned in Muskegon County 60th District Court Thursday, June 19, on three counts of controlled substance delivery/manufacturing, marijuana, a felony.

A judge set a $20,000 cash or surety bond for each charge. A preliminary examination is slated for 1:30 p.m. July 2.

According to court documents, he is accused of the drug activity in March and was arrested on June 18 by the Michigan State Police.

Heeringa has been missing since April 26, 2013, after she was allegedly abducted while finishing her shift as a night clerk at the Sternberg Road Exxon gas station in Norton Shores, shortly before 11 p.m. A suspect or suspects haven't been publicly identified by police, and Heeringa remained missing as of Thursday, June 19.

Quail-Dyer and Heeringa have a young son together who has been in Quail-Dyer's custody since Heeringa went missing. The couple was engaged at the time of her disappearance.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2014, 12:28:35 AM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/20/jessica-heeringa/11128637/

Jessica Heeringa's sister seeks emergency custody of boy
7:18 p.m. EDT June 20, 2014

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) -- A day after the father of Jessica Heeringa's son was arrested on drug charges, the missing woman's sister is seeking temporary custody of the boy.

Samantha Heeringa says she is concerned about the welfare and safety of little Zevyn Heeringa, the son of Jessica Heeringa and Dakotah Quail-Dyer.

Quail-Dyer, 30, is charged with three counts of selling marijuana. A Kent County Probate Court judge in May granted him custody of Zevyn following a protracted legal battle with the Heeringa family.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2014, 03:19:16 AM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/20/jessica-heeringa/11128637/

Jessica Heeringa's sister seeks emergency custody of boy
7:18 p.m. EDT June 20, 2014

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) -- A day after the father of Jessica Heeringa's son was arrested on drug charges, the missing woman's sister is seeking temporary custody of the boy.

Samantha Heeringa says she is concerned about the welfare and safety of little Zevyn Heeringa, the son of Jessica Heeringa and Dakotah Quail-Dyer.

Quail-Dyer, 30, is charged with three counts of selling marijuana. A Kent County Probate Court judge in May granted him custody of Zevyn following a protracted legal battle with the Heeringa family.

Quail-Dyer either managed to hide his illegal activities well or someone didn't do their background work in granting custody.  I doubt this is the first time hhe's been involved in the drug trade nor do I think he just started doing this in the last couple months.  I realize very often there's an emphasis on placing children with their immediate family, but what happened here?  Zevyn's mother has been missing over a year and now his father is in jail on felony drug charges.    Quail-Dyer was just granted custody last month.   What kind of home life could he have offered the little boy?  I guess it's all a matter of priority. The article says he got custody after a protracted legal battle.  After gaining custody just last month, he  royally blew it.   
I hope Zevyn can be in a home where he is safe and cared for. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/2014/07/02/dakotah-quail-dyer-keeps-custody/12123261/

Father of missing woman's son keeps custody of boy
1:26 a.m. EDT July 3, 2014

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) -- The fiance of Jessica Heeringa will retain custody of their four-year-old son, Zevyn.

Dakotah Quail-Dyer, 30, was arraigned last month on three felony drug charges.

At the same time, Samantha Heeringa, Jessica's sister was seeking temporary custody of Heeringa's son.

Wednesday, a judge ruled in favor of Dakotah.

The judge also allowed Samantha to spend time with Zevyn.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2014, 10:50:04 PM »

http://woodtv.com/2014/07/29/heeringas-boyfriend-pleads-to-drug-charges/

Heeringa’s boyfriend pleads to drug charges
Published: July 29, 2014, 7:55 pm | Updated: July 30, 2014, 8:14 am   

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) — The boyfriend of missing Norton Shores woman Jessica Heeringa has admitted to three felony drug charges.

Dakotah Quail-Dyer pleaded guilty Friday to one count of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, all as a second-time habitual offender, according to Muskegon County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Tim Maat.

Quail-Dyer was arrested on the charges in June. Authorities say he sold marijuana to an undercover officer on March 5, May 5 and May 29.

Quail-Dyer has been fighting to keep custody of his son Zevyn. In court records, he said he has kept his son from Heeringa’s family, in part, because they have falsely accused him of abuse and neglect and threatened to take the boy away.

The status of that case was not immediately available Tuesday evening.

Quail-Dyer is scheduled to be sentenced for the drug crimes in September.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2014, 11:21:52 PM »

http://woodtv.com/2014/10/01/heeringas-boyfriend-sentenced-for-drug-charges/

Heeringa’s boyfriend sentenced for drug charges
Published: October 1, 2014, 4:18 pm   

MUSKEGON, Mich. (WOOD) — The boyfriend of missing woman Jessica Heeringa has been sentenced for three felony drug charges.

Dakotah Quail-Dyer was sentenced Monday to six months in jail, followed by six months on an electronic tether.

He was arrested in June and pleaded guilty in July to three charges: one count of possession of a controlled substance and two counts of possession with intent to deliver a controlled substance, all as a second-time habitual offender.

Quail-Dyer has been in a court battle to keep custody of his and Heeringa’s son. Heeringa’s family claims he’s an unfit parent, but Quail-Dyer said that’s not true.

It’s not yet known how Quail-Dyer’s sentence will affect the custody battle.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2015, 07:31:51 AM »

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/1704766

Mystery unsolved
Jessica Heeringa case to appear on ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ webisode.
BECKY VARGO
NORTON SHORES
APR 23, 2015

Jessica’s missing

Jessica Heeringa was 25 when she was abducted two years ago from the gas station where she worked at 1196 E. Sternberg Road in Norton Shores.

Police narrowed down the abduction time to between 10:55 and 11:10 p.m., when the last customers reported being at the station located just east of U.S. 31. A customer called for help when he couldn’t get gas, walked into the building and found no one around.

Police soon realized they had more than a simple disappearance.

“They realized that night that she didn’t just walk away,” said former Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw. “I was notified before midnight that this was something more.”

Under normal circumstances, police would not become involved until a person had been missing for more than 24 hours.

But police noticed Jessica’s coat and a purse containing more than $400 left behind in the store. A cash drawer, already counted out for the night, was sitting on top of the safe. A garbage can was next to the back door, ready to be dumped.

Police also found a 2-by-3-inch bloodstain on the concrete outside the back door.
The blood was later determined, by DNA analysis, to be Heeringa’s.

Over the next couple of weeks, a task force composed of 15 federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, as well as 14 separate specialized units, worked full time to follow tips and search for Heeringa.

Family members, including Heeringa’s grandmother, Diane Homrich, manned a volunteer center for weeks at the nearby Pointes Mall, distributing fliers, coordinating searches of their own and doing everything they could to keep people looking for Heeringa.

Still searching

A “Find Jessica Heeringa” Facebook page is kept up to date and the family also monitors its own tip line at 231-222-0278. They still have the services of a private detective when they need him, Homrich said.

An interview with Jessica’s mother, Shelly Heeringa, is scheduled to start airing this weekend on the “Unsolved Mysteries” website.

“We’re always searching Facebook and the Internet,” Shelly Heeringa said. “We’re always looking for tips, leads.”

Homrich said it’s very discouraging to see people going on with their daily lives.

“Ours stopped two years ago,” she said. “I don’t think it will ever be the same.”

Both Homrich and Kasher believe Jessica is still alive.

“We haven’t learned anything that would prove otherwise,” Homrich said.

“There’s nothing to suggest she is deceased,” Kasher said. “I go on the same premise as I have since day one — she is alive, she is still out there, maybe held captive.”

Kasher said his police department continues investigating tips, although nothing has led them to a true suspect. There are “people of interest” who have not been completely ruled out, he said, but they are not officially suspects.

“One guy was high on our list until his alibi and phone records put him in a different location,” Kasher said. “The polygraph agreed with him.”

The lieutenant said they have talked to or investigated more than 100 people over the past two years, including prison inmates who have been incarcerated on drug charges.

http://unsolved.com/node/1298

What happened to Jessica?
Check back this Friday, 4-22-15 to see the new video.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa/posts/319708654820270

Find Jessica Heeringa
4 hrs ·

Post from Jessica's mom, Shelly Heeringa;

Just wanted to write a quick Thank you to everyone who messaged the show "Disappeared", we did the show last week, we did a interview at my mom's house (Grandma Di, Angel, Samantha, and me), we also went to the strip mall (we were not allowed on the gas station property) and also went to Lake Michigan and filmed. The crew from Disappeared said it will air on the Discovery Channel the beginning of 2016, when I have an exact date I will let everyone know, and again thank you to everyone for your support, prayers, and faith that we will find Jes.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa/posts/319708654820270

Find Jessica Heeringa
4 hrs ·

Post from Jessica's mom, Shelly Heeringa;

Just wanted to write a quick Thank you to everyone who messaged the show "Disappeared", we did the show last week, we did a interview at my mom's house (Grandma Di, Angel, Samantha, and me), we also went to the strip mall (we were not allowed on the gas station property) and also went to Lake Michigan and filmed. The crew from Disappeared said it will air on the Discovery Channel the beginning of 2016, when I have an exact date I will let everyone know, and again thank you to everyone for your support, prayers, and faith that we will find Jes.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/muskegon/heeringa-investigation-featured-on-investigation-discoverys-disappeared/128625176

Heeringa investigation featured on Investigation Discovery's 'Disappeared'
5:28 PM. EST April 11, 2016

For nearly three years, Kasher and other detectives have been working to find Heeringa, or the person who took her. They've used search warrants to enter homes and seize computers and cell phones. Multiple individuals have taken polygraph tests.

"I can say that, but I can not tell you individuals who, and I can not tell you the results of those individuals," Kasher said.

Police still want to find the driver of a van captured by a camera a short distance from the Exxon station, and shortly before a customer reported Heeringa missing.

"Between a couple of minutes to 11 to five after 11, in that time frame, that van came in there and left," said Kasher, "I have to assume that that van is a key piece of this puzzle."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/04/tv_show_identifies_possible_su.html

TV show identifies possible suspects in Jessica Heeringa's disappearance
on April 12, 2016 at 3:29 PM, updated April 12, 2016 at 6:28 PM

NORTON SHORES, MI – Possible suspects named during a recent TV show on the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa are among a half dozen who police haven't been able to rule out, according to the Norton Shores Police chief.

"Disappeared" on the Investigation Discovery channel focused its one-hour show Monday night on the disappearance of Heeringa three years ago from the Norton Shores gas station where she worked.

The show depicted Heeringa as lonely and unhappy with her paycheck-to-paycheck life and romantically involved with two other men, both of whom had asked her to move in with them. One of them, Jess Ammerman, a plumber, had an "emotional discussion" with Heeringa the night she disappeared, according to the show.

Ammerman said he was talking to his then wife on his cell phone while sitting in a nearby parking lot at the time Heeringa disappeared, and his story checked out, Gale said. Ammerman's wife, from whom he's now divorced, knew and didn't care about Ammerman's relationship with Heeringa, according to "Disappeared."

Ammerman and his ex-wife refused to be reinterviewed by police, and can't be ruled out as suspects, according to the show.

"There's still lingering questions about Jess Ammerman and his wife," Kasher said on the show.

Other suspects early on, including her fiancé Dakotah Quail-Dyer and another man who had romantic links to Heeringa, have been for all intents and purposes ruled out, according to the show.

However, Gale said there remain a half dozen or so suspects who have not been completely cleared in Heeringa's disappearance. They include Brad Mason of Kalamazoo, who is suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting two women. Mason was shot and killed by police after he pointed a gun at them that turned out to be fake.

Mason's victims looked like Heeringa and he had connections to Norton Shores, the show points out. Police were able to determine he had visited the gas station where Heeringa worked more than once, and haven't been able to definitively rule him out, Gale said.

There are others like Mason who have been accused of violent crimes who are among possible suspects, he said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.