May 01, 2024, 12:22:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 year old Leila Fowler of Valley Springs, CA found stabbed to death in home  (Read 13528 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 10:03:40 AM »

I'm going to move this thread to Finally Solved.   
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 10:40:59 AM »

Just getting ready to post it Muffy.  What is this world coming to? 

I don't know Klaas.     Eight year old Leila was allegedly stabbed to death by her twelve year old brother.  It's hard for me to imagine taking a knife and plunging it repeatedly into a human being's body. Just the thought of it makes me ill.   I have a hard enough time cutting up a whole chicken into pieces.     Stabbing someone is so hands on, so personal, so brutal.  Why does a twelve year old boy stab his little sister to death? 

when i read that, like what the,the best i can come up with is maybe he has
some special needs issues,but i dont know
i think imgs are copyright no posting

slideshow Sunday, May 12, 2013
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/5392923/leila-fowler-search-for-girls.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 03:14:10 PM »

when i read that, like what the,the best i can come up with is maybe he has
some special needs issues,but i dont know
i think imgs are copyright no posting

slideshow Sunday, May 12, 2013
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/5392923/leila-fowler-search-for-girls.html

HLN had a photo/video from that vigil with the brother highlighted but I can't find it on their site... (It's edited out of the video currently on there)

He is in one of the photos of the vigil in the slideshow you shared.

He is also blurred out of the vigil video in this video (in the first 10 seconds):
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8869777

Which I found on this page:
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/05/11/sheriff-leila-fowlers-brother-arrested-in-connection-to-sister-murder/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/12/mom-says-boy-12-accused-in-sister-death-could-never-hurt-her/
Mom says boy, 12, accused in sister's death 'could never' hurt her
May 12, 2013

Leila Fowler's killing last month shook the quiet community of Valley Springs, southeast of Sacramento, and set off an intense manhunt. Her brother was in the home at the time and told police he saw a man run from the scene.

Days later, the boy appeared with his father and stepmother at a vigil for his sister. On Friday, as speculation in the community built that perhaps the boy was involved, his biological mother told Sacramento television station KOVR her son "could never hurt his sister."

Police released no information about what led them to arrest the unidentified 12-year-old for the April 27 attack. Following the crime, investigators did a door-to-door sweep of homes, storage sheds and horse stables scattered across the oak-studded hills foothills of the Sierra Nevada. Divers also searched two nearby reservoirs in search of clues.

Leila's brother told police he found his sister's body and encountered an intruder in the home while their parents were at a Little League game. He described the man as tall with long gray hair. A neighbor told detectives she saw a man flee the home, but she later recanted the story.

Police said there was no sign of a burglary or robbery. As part of the investigation, authorities seized several knives from the Fowler home, where Leila lived with her father, stepmother and siblings.

Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz said authorities spent more than 2,000 hours on the investigation before they arrested the boy at 5:10 p.m. Saturday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 10:17:53 PM »

So sad...
We live in a sick world.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57584846-504083/leila-fowler-update-brother-12-appears-in-court-on-murder-charge-in-stabbing-of-sister-8/?google_editors_picks=true
Leila Fowler Update: Brother, 12, appears in court on murder charge in stabbing of sister, 8
May 16, 2013

(CBS/AP) VALLEY SPRINGS, Calif. - Lawyers for a 12-year-old California boy charged with killing his 8-year-old sister are  questioning whether he is mature enough to aid his defense.
The boy attended a closed juvenile court proceeding Wednesday and was told he had been charged with second-degree murder with a special allegation for use of a dangerous weapon in the stabbing death of Leila Fowler, in the family's Valley Srpgins home.

Leila was killed in the  Sierra Nevada foothills home last month while the two children were home alone, authorities said.

"Can a 12-year-old be psychologically, intellectually and emotionally mature enough to aid attorneys in defending himself against the most serious of charges?," asked attorney Steve Plesser, who has been hired by the family to defend the boy.

The boy did not enter a plea at the hearing, which was not open to the public.

Plesser said neither he nor his law partner Mark Reichel had seen the evidence that led the Calaveras County district attorney to charge the boy. Still, they believe he is not guilty of the crime that terrified the rural community of Valley Springs and baffled investigators and the FBI for two weeks.

"We have no reason to have any doubts about our client's innocence," Plesser said.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.