March 28, 2024, 06:04:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9yr old, Autistic Girl Mikaela Renee Lynch 5/12/13 in Clearlake, CA(Body Found)  (Read 26137 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 12:51:05 AM »

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/05/14/search-continues-for-9-year-old-autistic-girl-in-lake-county/

Search Continues For 9-Year-Old Autistic Girl In Lake County
May 14, 2013 9:00 PM

A brief video taken from a residence shows the girl without clothes and shoes running north on Harbor Drive, Bennett said, and the girl’s family said she has a habit of removing her clothing.

Due to her mental state, age and circumstances, she is believed to be an at-risk juvenile, police said.

Her disappearance is not considered an abduction, and police have not received any tips about her, Bennett said.

The one-mile search area where the girl was last seen includes a creek near the house, marshlands, backyards and empty homes, Bennett said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 01:24:16 AM »

http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31221:tuesday-search-turns-up-no-sign-of-missing-girl-new-resources-to-join-effort-wednesday&catid=1:latest&Itemid=197

Tuesday search turns up no sign of missing girl; new resources to join effort Wednesday
Tuesday, 14 May 2013 20:01

On Tuesday dozens of searchers continued to focus on the general vicinity of the girl’s last known location on Harbor Drive, extending to Highway 53 and Old Highway 53, Clausen said.

Fliers distributed to residents in the area asked that people check their outbuildings, vehicles, crawl spaces and other areas around homes in the event the girl was hiding there.

In addition, Clausen said an aquatic search was conducted, with boats working their way up and down Cache Creek from Highway 53 to the Cache Creek Dam, where flows had been reduced on Sunday.

Between law enforcement personnel and community volunteers, Clausen estimated that the search area covered a total of 10 square miles.

A Cal Fire helicopter was used for the search on Tuesday, as were Cal Fire hand crews, who Clausen said searched the nearby marsh.

He said K9s also have been used extensively in the search to find the girl.

As of Tuesday, no new physical evidence tracing the girl’s location had been found, Clausen said.

In response to questions posed by community members about whether or not registered sex offenders in the vicinity had been checked out for possible connections to the girl’s disappearance, Clausen confirmed that they had.

Regarding search plans for Tuesday night, “We’ll scale them back but we won’t call it all the way off,” said Clausen.

He said the search will resume at full force at daybreak on Wednesday.

Clausen said new resources from agencies around the region are expected to arrive on Wednesday in an effort to allow others to be released.

Control Costa County’s unmanned submarine with sonar and video was used to search the water on Tuesday, with San Francisco County to send its submarine on Wednesday, Clausen said.

In addition to the help from cooperating agencies, the small police department has devoted its resources to finding Mikaela in a case that has gained regional media attention over the last few days.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »

Thanks everyone for the updates.  I remain optimistic Mikaela can be found alive.  I hope she's found today. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »

Body found.  Rest in Peace, Mikaela.  an angelic monkey   

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Body-of--207585551.html

Police: Body of Girl with Autism Found in Creek
Wednesday, May 15, 2013  |  Updated 12:30 PM PDT

Clearlake police announced on Wednesday that they had found the body of a 9-year-old girl in Cache Creek near her parent's vacation home.

The grim discovery before noon had been what Mikaela Lynch's parents had dreaded. Their daughter, who has autism and the mental capacity of a 1-year-old girl, had wandered off on Sunday and hadn't been seen since.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 03:45:30 PM »

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20130515/ARTICLES/130519729/1033/news?Title=Body-of-missing-girl-9-found-in-Cache-Creek

Body of missing girl, 9, found in Cache Creek
Published: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 8:18 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 12:28 p.m

A dive team found her body in the murky water, not far from the home where her family had been vacationing over the Mother's Day weekend, Clausen said.

The family had been planning to make their first public comments since the ordeal began but the press conference was cancelled with the finding.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 04:25:07 PM »

http://**/news/ci_23250045/missing-clearlake-girl-found-dead

Missing Clearlake girl found dead
Updated:   05/15/2013 12:55:03 PM PDT

CLEARLAKE -- After an intense search, Mikaela Lynch, the 9-year-old autistic San Francisco girl, was found dead today in Cache Creek near family's Highlands Harbor home around 11:30 a.m., Clearlake Police Chief Craig Clausen said.

There was no sign of foul play at scene and the investigation will continue. Mikaela's family was set to make statement at noon, before the discovery was made, but Clausen said family prefers not to comment at this point.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 05:13:21 PM »

Such sad news.  My sincere condolences to her family, and my appreciation to those that searched for her.  Rest in peace Mikaela.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »

i so wanted Mikaela to be found hiding somewhere

an angelic monkey

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »

Such sad news. Rest in Peace Mikaela an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2013, 07:18:36 PM »

I so thought that she was going to be found alive. When I heard the news at work as a text came across my phone I was in a meeting and a tear came down my face. Some folks in the meeting asked what was wrong. I just shook my head and said nothing.

I will probably refrain until later but words cannot even begin to express my feelings on this case. We go through so many of these cases, but some have greater affects, not because of the media attention or the heinous nature of the crime, but because of the innocence of the victim. This was a9 year old autistic girl with the mental capacity of a one year old and could not speak. Little Mikaela was 100% dependent upon adults and they let her down. Tonight my heart breaks because we adults failed one of our most precious treasures.

God Bless this little girl and may she Rest in Eternal Peace ... God will watch over you now Mikaela and if there is some comfort, he never stops watching.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »

I so thought that she was going to be found alive. When I heard the news at work as a text came across my phone I was in a meeting and a tear came down my face. Some folks in the meeting asked what was wrong. I just shook my head and said nothing.

I will probably refrain until later but words cannot even begin to express my feelings on this case. We go through so many of these cases, but some have greater affects, not because of the media attention or the heinous nature of the crime, but because of the innocence of the victim. This was a9 year old autistic girl with the mental capacity of a one year old and could not speak. Little Mikaela was 100% dependent upon adults and they let her down. Tonight my heart breaks because we adults failed one of our most precious treasures.

God Bless this little girl and may she Rest in Eternal Peace ... God will watch over you now Mikaela and if there is some comfort, he never stops watching.

You posted very close to what my own thoughts are, Red. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:41 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear this, I was really hoping she was hiding out someplace 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 10:37:25 PM »

Rest in Peace, Mikaela. an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 12:08:22 AM »

yes and lets not forget the brother,im hoping the parents and or system, dont fail him
now, at a time that he really does need them

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »

http://www.lakeconews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=31258:suggestions-offered-for-helping-lynch-family-vigils-planned&catid=1:latest&Itemid=197

Suggestions offered for helping Lynch family; vigils planned 
Friday, 17 May 2013 02:56

The Clearlake Police Department, which had headed up the search for the girl, offered a series of suggestions on how the community can assist the Lynch family, who have asked that their privacy be respected in the wake of their daughter’s death.

The agency said it’s received numerous requests from members of the public who wish to make a donation in Mikaela’s memory.

While the agency itself cannot accept donations, it said that tax-deductible donations in honor of the child could be made through SF Polo in the Park, a program which Mikaela loved.

The James S. Brady Therapeutic Riding Program for children with autism and other special needs is the main beneficiary of Polo in the Park, Clearlake Police said.

The program provides children in the San Francisco Bay Area with horsemanship and horseback riding lessons as a physical or social therapy alternative.

Donations of stock, cash, goods and services are welcome. For more information visit http://sfpolointhepark.com/donate or call 415-221-9438.

Police also said that anyone wishing to send their condolences to the Lynch family may do so at the following mailing address: The Lynch family, General Delivery Post Office, Clearlake, CA 95422.

Candlelight vigils for the girl also are being organized.

One will be held beginning at 8 p.m. Saturday at Redbud Park, 14655 Lakeshore Drive in Clearlake. Members of the Lynch family are expected to be in attendance.

On Monday, the Success in Autism Support Group – in conjunction with First 5 Lake County and Easter Seals – is planning a candlelight vigil for Mikaela and her family at 6 p.m. at the Legacy School, 1950 Parallel Dr. in Lakeport.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.