April 18, 2024, 08:12:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maribel Ramos 36 yr old missing since 5/2/13 from Orange, Ca. BODY FOUND  (Read 18929 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:23 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Forange_county&id=9093964

Orange woman's disappearance suspicious: policeTuesday, May 07, 2013

ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in the city of Orange are intensifying a search for a missing California State University-Fullerton student.

Maribel Ramos was last seen Thursday and police are considering her disappearance very suspicious.

Police said Ramos was last seen outside her apartment complex by herself in Orange at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday. She was seen on security camera footage.

On May 3, 36-year-old Maribel Manriquez Ramos was reported as a missing person. The circumstances surrounding Ramos's disappearance are suspicious, according to police.

Ramos is described as a Hispanic woman standing 5 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds, with brown medium shoulder-length hair. Ramos has a tattoo of a star on her left shoulder and an Aztec/tribal symbol on her lower back.

Ramos had just returned from a conference in Chicago where she spoke on a panel about the transition from military to civilian life. Ramos served two military tours of duty in Iraq as an Army sergeant. She was honorably discharged in 2008.

Her sister says she knew something was wrong when Ramos missed a baseball game Friday, and failed to show up at a veterans appreciation night at Cal State Fullerton, where she was supposed to give a speech.

Gonzalez said Ramos left her dog, as well as her vehicle. There's been no activity on her cellphone or credit cards.

Ramos has a boyfriend and a roommate.

A neighbor said the roommate told him that he last saw Ramos as he left to go for a walk. He returned and Ramos was not there. He said she may have gotten a ride somewhere.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:19:06 AM »

Maribel Manriquez Ramos, Cal State Fullerton Student, Has Been Missing Since Friday
By Matt CokerTue., May 7 2013 at 1:21 PM

Maribel Manriquez Ramos

Ramos, who resides in Orange, is described as Hispanic, 5-foot-2, 130 pounds, with brown, medium-shoulder length hair. She has a tattoo of a star on her left shoulder and an Aztec/tribal symbol on her lower back

Anyone with information of her whereabouts is asked to contact Orange Police Detective Joey Ramirez at 714.936.4501 or the agency's watch commander at 714.744.7403.
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2013/05/maribel_manriquez_ramos_missin.php

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »

What a beauty!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 10:42:53 PM »

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/PCal-State-Fullerton-Student-and-Army-Vet-Missing-206449371.html

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 

A 36-year-old California State Fullerton student who served for nearly a decade in the Army has been missing since Thursday in a disappearance that authorities described as suspicious.

"Her sister said she would never just not show up," said Sgt. Fred Lopez of the Orange Police Department. "The family said it's highly unusual that she would not keep her personal and professional commitments."

Ramos spoke at a Chicago conference May 1 about transitioning to college life after nearly a decade as an Army officer, and described her struggles with post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the university.

"I was uncomfortable at first," she said. "The other students were not my age, they didn’t understand my journey, and one professor, who knew I was a veteran, seemed hostile when the topic of war came up in class," the university reported on the its media relations page.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 03:02:13 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9095889&cmp=emc-kabc-Top_stories_|_ABC7_Los_Angeles-050913-top2-9095889

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- As police in Orange work to put the pieces together to solve the mysterious disappearance of a woman, her family is pleading for the public's help to find her.

Maribel Ramos of Orange was last seen outside her apartment last Thursday around 8:30 p.m.

"We have no pieces to the puzzle, we have no leads. Please help me," said Ramos' sister, Lucy Gonzalez.
Ramos' roommate, K.C. Joy, says he lived with her for the past year and a half.

"I thought that was kind of strange because she did miss school and she missed work," Joy said.

Joy said he's been questioned several times by police and that he's given them a DNA sample, handed over his cellphone and even allowed them to take pictures of him naked.

He says he is perplexed by her disappearance, too.

Investigators and Ramos' family members say the Iraq veteran wouldn't walk away from her commitments and life.

"We don't know anything about her since Thursday," Molina said. "We're just anxious to find her."

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 03:53:18 PM »

This is weird. You would think that since she had been in the service for all those years she would could have at least put up a fight from her kidnapper. No one saw or heard a thing. I hope they find her safe soon. She doesn't sound like she would just up and leave.  There are just to many of these young women coming up missing

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »

Find Maribel  - facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Maribel-Ramos/379505925500296

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 08:19:57 AM »

Body Found in Remote Area of Orange County

Read more: http://ktla.com/2013/05/17/vigil-held-for-missing-cal-state-fullerton-student/#ixzz2TYH7LB5J

Detectives on Friday were investigating the discovery of a body in a remote area of Modjeska Canyon in Orange County, authorities said.

It remained unclear if the discovery might be linked to the disappearance of Cal State Fullerton student Maribel Ramos more than two weeks ago.

Orange police responded to the scene near Santiago Canyon Roach and Jackson Ranch Road about 5:15 p.m. Thursday, according to Orange County sheriff’s officials.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 08:35:07 AM »

Body Found In Remote Modjeska Canyon Raises Speculation About Missing Woman

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/05/17/body-found-in-remote-modjeska-canyon-causes-speculation-about-missing-woman/

Orange Police confirm that a body was found Thursday in remote Modjeska Canyon.

The body was found out of normal Orange Police jurisdiction but they have a missing person’s case and are trying to determine if the body belongs to a woman missing more than two weeks.

[...]

Police would not say if the body belonged to Ramos.

At this point they would not say if the body found was male or female, the approximate age of the body or how long it had been there.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »

Darn. this makes me so mad.

I wonder if they have the boyfriend, or some guy she was talking with online in custody yet?

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9105907

Friday, May 17, 2013

ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Orange police have confirmed a body found in Modjeska Canyon has been positively identified as missing woman Maribel Ramos.

Police said her disappearance is now being investigated as a homicide, and that Ramos' former roommate, 54-year-old KC Joy, has been arrested. He has been booked into Orange County Jail.

Joy told Eyewitness News shortly after Ramos disappeared that he had been questioned numerous times by police. He said he provided a DNA sample, and even allowed police to photograph his nude body.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »

Rest in Peace, Maribel   an angelic monkey

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=9105907

Maribel Manriquez Ramos (KABC Photo)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »

Rest in peace Maribel.    an angelic monkey  Hoping there will be justice for her.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »

Body found in remote Calif. ID'd as missing woman

10:06 p.m. EDT May 17, 2013
ORANGE, Calif. (AP) — A body found in a remote Orange County canyon was identified Friday as a 36-year-old former Army sergeant who has been missing for two weeks, and her former roommate has been arrested, police said.

The body was discovered late Thursday in an unincorporated area near Modjeska Canyon, and after an autopsy Friday it proved to be Maribel Ramos, city of Orange police Lt. Dave Hill said at a news conference.

The investigation then shifted from a missing-persons case to a homicide probe. Ramos' former roommate, K.C. Joy, agreed to talk to detectives and was later arrested and booked into Orange County jail, Hill said. Hill answered no questions and would not elaborate on the evidence against Joy.

Joy gave several media interviews during the search for Ramos and appeared at a candlelight vigil for her Monday night.

"It's very uncomfortable, but I want to be here," Joy told KCAL-TV at the vigil.
snipped
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/...-found/2216727/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »

Rest in Peace Maribel Manriquez Ramos

It is hard to believe that she can spend that long in the military including being in Iraq and no harm came to her. But she is killed as a student. I can only hope they find JUSTICE FOR MARIBEL.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 12:56:03 PM »

Rest in Peace Maribel Manriquez Ramos

It is hard to believe that she can spend that long in the military including being in Iraq and no harm came to her. But she is killed as a student. I can only hope they find JUSTICE FOR MARIBEL.

Very hard to believe, and just senseless imo.   

for Maribel!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.