March 19, 2024, 03:03:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021689 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1160 on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:48 AM »

Prayers to GreenEyes and her hubby.   an angelic monkey

Why, Miss Trimmy, you look bea-u-ti-ful, ma'am!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1161 on: November 21, 2013, 03:36:07 AM »

Morning Monkeys Prayers for all of the Monkeys.  Today is hubs eye appointment. Hoping we don't get any heavy rain while we are out. Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks for the prayers!

an angelic monkey

Prayers for you and hubs, first that his eyes are okay or any problem that arises can be quickly fixed, and there is no heavy rain and you are safe in your drive.

sunny

Thank you for the Prayers for hubs eyes.  It's been a long long road with his eyes.  It's been almost 2 years when we started out on this road. He has had 4 surgeries on his eyes. First 2 where to remove pterguims on both eyes which is a weird growth on the eye. Then he had cataracts removed from both eyes. After all that they found he has Immacular Degeneration in both eyes one wet and one dry. Some where in there they found he he had glaucoma.  He is on a schedule every 3 months he goes in and has a shot in his left eye to keep the wet immacular degeneration under control.  He can't drive which he has a really hard time with. Although he his eye sight isn't bad he has fuzzy spots in his vision. Next step is to go back to the surgeon that did his cataracts and have the new lenses  laser treated to see if that doesn't take care of the fuzzy vision.

You have had a long road with his vision.  Both my Grandmother, her sister's daughter, and my Aunt (my Grandmother's daughter) had that.  At one time they were saying it was not hereditary, but there are too many in my Dad's family to say that have it.  Your husband is in my prayers, I know how frustrating that is from watching all of it.  I have feared losing my sight since I was little, before they even had a problem. Does he have one of those reader things so he can magnify what he is trying to read?

Both his parents had it. His dad had the the magnifier reader. So he could read his books. His mom gave it back to the VA when his dad passed. She could use it now. His aunt has glaucoma she both are hereditary. So we have told all the kids to have regular eye exams.  I got him a Big screen TV so he can watch TV. He can read but it's hard. I am hoping the fuzzyness will get better when they lazer his new lens they put in. He wants to go to Florida to see his mom & sister and family. But there is no way he could handle me driving that far.  It's all he can do to make it to the eye doctor appointments.  Thank you for understanding. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1162 on: November 21, 2013, 03:37:42 AM »

Morning Monkeys

So glad every one is safe.  Hoping Cookie, Trimm and Sister are okay.  Read where lots of people are without power.

So glad everyone is safe and didn't have any damage from all the nasty weather.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1163 on: November 21, 2013, 03:38:56 AM »

Good morning everyone,

Haven't been posting, but have been reading and praying.
Today is our big celebration of Veterans Day.  So excited.
Blessings.

Hope you are well, Sister and Belle! (Hey, that rhymes!)

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1164 on: November 21, 2013, 03:40:27 AM »

Hi everybody! 
Heading back to Illinois Tomorrow.
Hubs and I had a fab time in Key West. One of our favorite places....
Hope u r all well.
Catch up time at the airport tomorrow waiting to fly home.

Glad you had a great time!  If you ever have a layover in Philly, let me know!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1165 on: November 21, 2013, 03:46:09 AM »

Hey Monkey friends.
Hope all is well with you all.
Flying out tomorrow to go to Florida Keys.
Looks like rain there!

All good here...thank you God...

Have a safe and fun trip Cookie.  Hubs has always wanted to go to the keys. Never made it when we lived in Florida. 

Wow!  You have lived from Sea to shining Sea.  I would love to hear all about it!

Never have been to the Keys, but I have eaten Locks, does that count?

Bearly That is a good play on words.   We have lived on both coasts.  Haven't figured out how we ended up in the middle.

Well, you have been to the rest, now come to the best.    

Any time you want to come visit the shore/mountains/4 seasons (or Frankie Valli--he is here usually in February and we go to see and hear him; we get to see the real Jersey boy, not the imitators--although that play is on my bucket list) come and visit, we would be more than happy to meet up with you on your stay. 

You are more than welcome to stay here, that is if you can make it through all the things my Mom has here while she is waiting on a decision for personal care after being kicked out of residential.

Bearly  Thank You for the invite.   That is so sweet of you. Your mom is with you or just her stuff?    Prayers and Hugs headed your way.

Her stuff.  I might as well live with my Parents, I am there enough!  I go just about every day.

I can relate to having other peoples stuff. I still have some of daughters stuff her. That she didn't have room for and now granddaughter has most of her stuff here. I don't have any more room for any ones stuff. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1166 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:41 AM »

***New*** Penguins at the Kansas City Zoo

Published on Nov 10, 2013

New penguin exhibit at KC Zoo. All video shot with iPhone 5s at 120fps (super slomo)

Music: "Homecoming"
credit to Jordan Rees of Cinesound Productions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSHe0uI2t0

How beautiful!  I had to play it over and over again, the music made me so sleepy.  lol  The look of wonder on that little boy's face was perfect.

I remember them going to open up the world's largest penguin exhibit and how the largest amount of penguins are in South America and warm climate.  It was very interesting to learn about them.  I did try to find it, but couldn't.  I will look again.

Thanks, Trimmy!

Had to cut this back, I fell asleep again while trying to listen and had the longest blank space ever!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:30:26 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1167 on: November 21, 2013, 04:48:41 AM »

Afternoon Monkeys   Prayers for all.  In the last 5 days we have had 5 earthquakes within 5 miles of us here in North Texas. They have all been little. It's just weird that everyday there has been one. All I can figure is with all the fracking  with the natural gas sites around is what  is causing them.   

Good grief, Green Eyes, stay safe!  Are you sure the natural gas isn't coming from CC?  Maybe he is the problem.  We'll have to find out what JSM is feeding him.

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1168 on: November 21, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »

Morning Monkeys Prayers for all of the Monkeys.  Today is hubs eye appointment. Hoping we don't get any heavy rain while we are out. Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks for the prayers!

an angelic monkey

Prayers for you and hubs, first that his eyes are okay or any problem that arises can be quickly fixed, and there is no heavy rain and you are safe in your drive.

sunny

Thank you for the Prayers for hubs eyes.  It's been a long long road with his eyes.  It's been almost 2 years when we started out on this road. He has had 4 surgeries on his eyes. First 2 where to remove pterguims on both eyes which is a weird growth on the eye. Then he had cataracts removed from both eyes. After all that they found he has Immacular Degeneration in both eyes one wet and one dry. Some where in there they found he he had glaucoma.  He is on a schedule every 3 months he goes in and has a shot in his left eye to keep the wet immacular degeneration under control.  He can't drive which he has a really hard time with. Although he his eye sight isn't bad he has fuzzy spots in his vision. Next step is to go back to the surgeon that did his cataracts and have the new lenses  laser treated to see if that doesn't take care of the fuzzy vision.

You have had a long road with his vision.  Both my Grandmother, her sister's daughter, and my Aunt (my Grandmother's daughter) had that.  At one time they were saying it was not hereditary, but there are too many in my Dad's family to say that have it.  Your husband is in my prayers, I know how frustrating that is from watching all of it.  I have feared losing my sight since I was little, before they even had a problem. Does he have one of those reader things so he can magnify what he is trying to read?

Both his parents had it. His dad had the the magnifier reader. So he could read his books. His mom gave it back to the VA when his dad passed. She could use it now. His aunt has glaucoma she both are hereditary. So we have told all the kids to have regular eye exams.  I got him a Big screen TV so he can watch TV. He can read but it's hard. I am hoping the fuzzyness will get better when they lazer his new lens they put in. He wants to go to Florida to see his mom & sister and family. But there is no way he could handle me driving that far.  It's all he can do to make it to the eye doctor appointments.  Thank you for understanding. an angelic monkey
GE, you are a great driver, and you know I don't give out kudo's to many about their driving (I am very nervous if not behind the wheel)...............Put hubs in the trunk and go for it........or tell him......I've offered to drive him!!!!!!!!!!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1169 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »

Thanks for the prayers!

an angelic monkey

sunny

GE, you are a great driver, and you know I don't give out kudo's to many about their driving (I am very nervous if not behind the wheel)...............Put hubs in the trunk and go for it........or tell him......I've offered to drive him!!!!!!!!!!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1170 on: November 22, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »

Got this in an email, thought it might be worth sharing:

John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, "I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the time How do you do it?"

He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood. I choose to be in a good mood.

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or... I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life."

"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I reflected on what he said. Shortly after that, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw him about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins... Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or... I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.

He continued, "... the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared... In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man.' I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said John. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity.'

Over their laughter, I told them, 'I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead.'"

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.

Reminds me of us monkeys in this thread. We try to do the same!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1171 on: November 22, 2013, 07:24:45 PM »

Brandi

Love the email.

Green Eyes

Paul had cataract surgery with blurry vision afterwards and they zapped him with the laser and it all disappeared like magic. I'm sure your hubby will have the same results.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1172 on: November 22, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »

Brandi

Love the email.

Green Eyes

Paul had cataract surgery with blurry vision afterwards and they zapped him with the laser and it all disappeared like magic. I'm sure your hubby will have the same results.

Thank You 4Donks.  I am sure you are right.  Just have to get him to the surgeon to get it done.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1173 on: November 23, 2013, 05:54:00 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

Good news to report!  My brother had his lung surgery and is back at home.  He feels great.
He was fortunate to be able to have microscopic surgery and feels so lucky to be alive.   
Awaiting biopsy results on lymph nodes to determine treatment plan.

Very good news. Hope the biopsy comes back well!

Thanks TBM!   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1174 on: November 23, 2013, 05:56:13 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

Good news to report!  My brother had his lung surgery and is back at home.  He feels great.
He was fortunate to be able to have microscopic surgery and feels so lucky to be alive.   
Awaiting biopsy results on lymph nodes to determine treatment plan.

Excellent news Can!! I hope there will be more good news to follow.    

Hi    We are hoping!  Thank you!   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1175 on: November 23, 2013, 06:02:25 AM »

To all our Monkeys Prayers for all in the path of these nasty storms. Hope you all made it thru without any damage.

The line of storms went from Louisiana to upper state New York. Hope Caddy & 4 Donks are okay. Cookie, TBM & Tevye are you all okay.  I know Illinois got hit along with Kentucky. When I looked on the weather map Michigan looked like it was all covered with yellow & organe. Brandi how did you do? Prayers for all

Hi GE!

Checking in. Like 4 Donks, the line of storms broke up before reaching us. We just had some rain, a little wind.

Hey, 4 Donks, I have been thinking of you, glad to see you reported in.

Can, such good news about your brother. Thanks for letting us know. Hoping he receives continued good news.

Glad to see the other monkeys checking in today. Calling for 72º here today; it might get higher, since it is 70.7º already at 11:35. Sunny and beautiful. Such destruction in Illinois and Indiana. Cookie, how are you?

It is Brandy - wonderful news.  Thank you.  To think he was given two to four months (without surgery)  and here he is with restored appetite and gaining some weight.   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1176 on: November 23, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Are you all gearing up for Thanksgiving next week.

I've begun my Christmas shopping.      
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1177 on: November 23, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Hi Can,

I am taking Thanksgiving off this year. It's the first time since I took over when I was 21 when my mom became to ill to do it any more. When we moved to Texas Babs and I would take turns doing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.  Daughter is making dinner this year. So will go there for dinner.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1178 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Hi Can,

I am taking Thanksgiving off this year. It's the first time since I took over when I was 21 when my mom became to ill to do it any more. When we moved to Texas Babs and I would take turns doing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.  Daughter is making dinner this year. So will go there for dinner.

I've been doing Thanksgiving dinner for just a handful of family for the last few years and I am doing it again this year.  Just purchased my turkey today.    

Most of my Christmas shopping is done! 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1179 on: November 23, 2013, 01:09:05 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Hi Can,

I've been doing Thanksgiving dinner for just a handful of family for the last few years and I am doing it again this year.  Just purchased my turkey today.    

Most of my Christmas shopping is done! 

Smarty pants Klaas having most of your Christmas shopping done.  I have started mine. Hope to be finished in the next 2 weeks. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.