March 19, 2024, 03:33:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021697 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1180 on: November 23, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »

I have been doing the Thanksgiving thing for the past 13 years, hosting my neighbor and our family of 3 here. My sister is in Florida, my brother died last November, and our parents are both gone as well. Husband's family is in Canada, so there are very few family members to host.

I have a very small family, as I only had one brother, one sister, one aunt, one uncle and one cousin growing up. My mother was an only child and my father had just one sister. His sister died 20 years ago, and her husband has remarried. I am not even sure if he is still my uncle.

So Thanksgiving here in the past 13 years has always been a small gathering, but I still have to cook everything as if there were lots of people attending. LOL

As for Christmas, I am unhappy to report that I have only bought a handful of gifts so far. Usually I am done by Thanksgiving, or almost done! My problem this year is I do not know what people want! I so hate waiting this long to get going on the shopping.

Kudos to all of you who have a jump-start on Christmas!

(I did win a local auction this week with some cool vintage Christmas ornaments though!) But our artificial tree needs to be replaced this year, and we cannot decide whether to get a pre-lit one or a non-pre-lit one, or a live one this year, so we have not even bought our tree yet. LOL

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1181 on: November 23, 2013, 04:39:37 PM »

I have been doing the Thanksgiving thing for the past 13 years, hosting my neighbor and our family of 3 here. My sister is in Florida, my brother died last November, and our parents are both gone as well. Husband's family is in Canada, so there are very few family members to host.

I have a very small family, as I only had one brother, one sister, one aunt, one uncle and one cousin growing up. My mother was an only child and my father had just one sister. His sister died 20 years ago, and her husband has remarried. I am not even sure if he is still my uncle.

So Thanksgiving here in the past 13 years has always been a small gathering, but I still have to cook everything as if there were lots of people attending. LOL

As for Christmas, I am unhappy to report that I have only bought a handful of gifts so far. Usually I am done by Thanksgiving, or almost done! My problem this year is I do not know what people want! I so hate waiting this long to get going on the shopping.

Kudos to all of you who have a jump-start on Christmas!

(I did win a local auction this week with some cool vintage Christmas ornaments though!) But our artificial tree needs to be replaced this year, and we cannot decide whether to get a pre-lit one or a non-pre-lit one, or a live one this year, so we have not even bought our tree yet. LOL

Brandi how cool to win vintage Christmas ornaments. Congratulations. Before my mom passed away I cooked for the whole family. Then after just my my family. And who ever the kids invited. Since moving to Texas like I said Babs and I would take turns between the holidays. Then daughter moved here. And I went back to cooking. This year daughter has a new friend and wants to do the cooking. Pretty much because he doesn't like coming here. But that's another story. 

Enjoy you Thanksgiving with your family. I use to be done with my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving way back. But since I only buy for the grand kids & daughter here it's easy. I just send the grand kids & kids in Calif money. Since I have no idea what they like or are into it just easier.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1182 on: November 23, 2013, 05:20:22 PM »

Hey monkeys!     Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Will be working Thanksgiving and then going to eat with my parents,no off day 'til next weekend.  Monkey Devil! It is cold here today.
I have all my Christmas shopping done! I love Amazon.   
Hugs and kisses to you all. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1183 on: November 23, 2013, 06:14:57 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1184 on: November 23, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »

LOL!

Sorry you are working on turkey day, Trimm. (I hope you get holiday pay for it!)

Enjoy your day with your parents, you are so lucky to have them still. But I know you know that.

It's getting cold here this evening too. Calling for 28º here tonight and 17º tomorrow night!!! Yes, I said 17º. Brrrrrrrrrr.

GE, Glad you get to enjoy the day with your DD and not have to cook! I forget what it's like to have a Thanksgiving meal that I did not cook. LOL

Oh, and after going to several stores today to shop for a Christmas tree, we decided to use our old one after all!

heh

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1185 on: November 24, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »

Good afternoon,
Wanted to let everyone know things between Dennis and I have not worked out.  It's a pity, but I do not need the stress and/or drama.  I think when I told him I would not be retiring until June of 2015, that was the straw that broke his camel's back.  So be it.  I am who I am.

To all in need:
prayers

I am so sorry, Sister.  You give to others so freely, I wish you someone who could give to you freely as well.  My heart aches for you.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1186 on: November 24, 2013, 08:52:07 AM »

Oh Monkeys I am so frustrated.  About a month ago some punks took the back wheels off the car next door. Called the local LE got since I didn't have a name etc of the owner they couldn't take a report. But she would send out someone to check it out. Which they never showed up. Last night they came back and took the front wheels.

The problem being the house has been empty since we moved in almost 7 years ago. The couple that lived there he was put in jail for beating her up. She moved out with the two little girls with her parents. The car has sat there all this and there is still power and water on. Someone comes a couple times a year. I figure to turn the AC on and then to turn the heat on for winter.  With the car sitting in the drive way on blocks only shows it's empty. I feel bad as there is nothing I can do. I heard the truck last night but was feeling to bad to get up and look. I wish now I would have.

I'd call the non-emergency number for your local LE and report it. At least there will be a record of it having been reported. Not a whole lot you can do with little information. Hopefully, because these crimes are being committed, the LE will be on the lookout both for similar crimes and maybe check out the area with patrols.

No need to worry about having not called in the middle of the night. I seriously doubt if LE could have or would have gotten there fast enough to catch the thugs.

Don't beat yourself up over this, for goodness sakes!

Wow GE, hate to hear that happening as once it starts they will continue to strip whatever they can.....You'll have to keep an ear out for your vehicles also.....guess you can take one thing from it, the way this Texas Weather eats the rubber, tires won't be of much good after sitting for over 7 years!

Good point, Babs!

Those tires are probably dry-rotted after 7 years sitting on the ground, not being used.

Hi Babs! Good to see ya!

My little car is in dire need of new tires, I can't drive 2 vehicles and prefer my big truck to run around these country roads ( too many rock-haulers) running little ones off the road or just rolling right over them.

Hi Brandi, good to see you too, its been so quiet in here of late, sure do miss all the banter that used to pop up here on JSM's thread............Where has everyone gone, or do I just need to get a life? 

Looks like its about time to change my kitties over to fall/winter, they aren't too happy we have already had a couple of frosty nites , had to get out the heating pads for a couple of the old grumps so time to put the pool away for awhile!

I am sorry, a god friend generously and unbelievably let us use their time share for a week.  Had to haul everyone around for a while to get everyone happy again here.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1187 on: November 24, 2013, 08:55:59 AM »

Little Sidekick is in Indiana for the Bands of America competition! 

I finally found a photo of them on twitter. He is on the left. 
https://twitter.com/jonovation/status/401127932199829504/photo/1
Corner HS. Marching concert tubas! #boa2013
    Retweeted
    Favorite

That is amazing.  Tell him I play trombone.  We can start a Monkey Band!  I am so proud of him.  His confidence to do these things is from you, Cutie!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1188 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:17 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

Good news to report!  My brother had his lung surgery and is back at home.  He feels great.
He was fortunate to be able to have microscopic surgery and feels so lucky to be alive.   
Awaiting biopsy results on lymph nodes to determine treatment plan.

You are always in my prayers, my friend.  Hope he feels better soon.

I want to tell everyone that having the woman I have hired to be with my Dad for a short time each week and do his wash has really made a difference.  He is talking more and interacting more.  He was on TV with my brother on Veteran's Day.  I convinced my brother to come in and take him to the ceremony.  He then played blackjack with him, as he said, as you suggested and my Dad beat him, fair and square 10 our of 15 games.  He said he could not believe how my Dad was answering questions and talking to people during the ceremony and coffee afterwards.  He was believing my Mom that my Dad could not do anything.  Now he knows differently.  I am so happy they had that time together!  It would never have happened if I did not go away.   I feel blessed!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1189 on: November 24, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »

GE - Sorry to hear you had a bad bout with the flu but glad you are on the mend.

Sister - Thinking of you, and as you would say, in God's time. xoxo
 an angelic monkey

Bearly - Is Mom settled in somewhere yet?   

Blessings to all.

She is still in Medical where, I think, she belongs.  She is first on the list for personal care.  My son got hurt badly carrying her things out of the old apartment and so did I.  Now, personal care is only one room.  She has my house, my attic, my brother's garage, my friend's house, and a storage unit all with her things in them.  She had 9 closets and 2 dressers full of clothes.  She has a bad problem.  The mailman came in to tell my Dad she had a problem and to speak with her, years ago, she has not changed.  She wants to get someone to move the things from her storage unit to personal care, so my brother is not involved, and have my son and I move all of the things from my house and my friend's house and brother's garage there.

We will get hurt, the doctor has already said a big NO for me.  My son ended up in the ER and we missed my niece's wedding moving her things because he spent the whole day and night in the ER.  I am not sure why she does not consider what happens to me and now, my son, when she wants things done.  She is thinking of my brother only, and is having movers come to move the storage unit.  I think it is because he is much more strict (for lack of a better word, but that is not what I mean) with her.  He tells her to focus, over and over when she goes off task.  I am definitely more gentle with her.  It was hard for me to get one of my brothers to take her to the dentist while I was gone.  I had them rush an appointment, which made me late packing and had our vacation get off to a very late start.  Good news, I won an 8 day vacation while we were there!

My luck is changing thanks to my friends and their kind offer.  Who does that?

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1190 on: November 24, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »

To all our Monkeys Prayers for all in the path of these nasty storms. Hope you all made it thru without any damage.

The line of storms went from Louisiana to upper state New York. Hope Caddy & 4 Donks are okay. Cookie, TBM & Tevye are you all okay.  I know Illinois got hit along with Kentucky. When I looked on the weather map Michigan looked like it was all covered with yellow & organe. Brandi how did you do? Prayers for all

It is very blustery here today, it started last night.

Oops! The windy Monkey is missing and we need a snow monkey. Did the change take away our blustery monkey?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:20 AM »

To all our Monkeys Prayers for all in the path of these nasty storms. Hope you all made it thru without any damage.

The line of storms went from Louisiana to upper state New York. Hope Caddy & 4 Donks are okay. Cookie, TBM & Tevye are you all okay.  I know Illinois got hit along with Kentucky. When I looked on the weather map Michigan looked like it was all covered with yellow & organe. Brandi how did you do? Prayers for all

We made it here. It was and still is very windy but we missed the really bad stuff. Lots of damage around us. Daylight will show how much there is. Thanks for the thoughts!

Oh dear, I hope everything turns out okay for you and your neighbors.   an angelic monkey

Last night driving home from my Grandson's first birthday party, I felt suddenly like I was in a snow globe!   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1192 on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:14 AM »

Hi
Thanks for the concern about the weather Green Eyes. The storm line broke up before coming through so just rain and wind. Hope all monkeys are safe.

Thank you for checking in.  It really does make the Monkeys sleep better when people, monkeys, donkeys, cats, and whoever we have here, check in when there is bad weather in the area or just when you need to take a break, to stop in and say, I am taking a break.  We do worry about and care for each other.  I know it is sometimes the last thing on our minds when we need a time out from the world, to let the Monkey part of the world in on that, but it is always appreciated.  Thank you, 4Donks.  Hope you are well.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1193 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:51 AM »

Hi GE

Like 4 Donks said, no problems here.  Heard the wind whistling through the cracks in the door- tee hee - and some rain but no problems.  Sunny day today.

Hope everyone is safe.  I have seen first hand what a storm can do to a community and it is unbelievable. 

Morning prayers to all my monkey friends.

Thanks for the prayers, Cadi, they are always appreciated.  Thanks for the update, too.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1194 on: November 24, 2013, 10:23:15 AM »

Morning Monkeys Prayers for all of the Monkeys.  Today is hubs eye appointment. Hoping we don't get any heavy rain while we are out. Hope everyone has a good day.

Thanks for the prayers!

an angelic monkey

Prayers for you and hubs, first that his eyes are okay or any problem that arises can be quickly fixed, and there is no heavy rain and you are safe in your drive.

sunny

Thank you for the Prayers for hubs eyes.  It's been a long long road with his eyes.  It's been almost 2 years when we started out on this road. He has had 4 surgeries on his eyes. First 2 where to remove pterguims on both eyes which is a weird growth on the eye. Then he had cataracts removed from both eyes. After all that they found he has Immacular Degeneration in both eyes one wet and one dry. Some where in there they found he he had glaucoma.  He is on a schedule every 3 months he goes in and has a shot in his left eye to keep the wet immacular degeneration under control.  He can't drive which he has a really hard time with. Although he his eye sight isn't bad he has fuzzy spots in his vision. Next step is to go back to the surgeon that did his cataracts and have the new lenses  laser treated to see if that doesn't take care of the fuzzy vision.

You have had a long road with his vision.  Both my Grandmother, her sister's daughter, and my Aunt (my Grandmother's daughter) had that.  At one time they were saying it was not hereditary, but there are too many in my Dad's family to say that have it.  Your husband is in my prayers, I know how frustrating that is from watching all of it.  I have feared losing my sight since I was little, before they even had a problem. Does he have one of those reader things so he can magnify what he is trying to read?

Both his parents had it. His dad had the the magnifier reader. So he could read his books. His mom gave it back to the VA when his dad passed. She could use it now. His aunt has glaucoma she both are hereditary. So we have told all the kids to have regular eye exams.  I got him a Big screen TV so he can watch TV. He can read but it's hard. I am hoping the fuzzyness will get better when they lazer his new lens they put in. He wants to go to Florida to see his mom & sister and family. But there is no way he could handle me driving that far.  It's all he can do to make it to the eye doctor appointments.  Thank you for understanding. an angelic monkey

I hope the laser is the answer to your and our prayers, GE.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1195 on: November 24, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »

Morning Monkeys

So glad every one is safe.  Hoping Cookie, Trimm and Sister are okay.  Read where lots of people are without power.

So glad everyone is safe and didn't have any damage from all the nasty weather.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1196 on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »

Hey Monkey friends.
Hope all is well with you all.
Flying out tomorrow to go to Florida Keys.
Looks like rain there!

All good here...thank you God...

Have a safe and fun trip Cookie.  Hubs has always wanted to go to the keys. Never made it when we lived in Florida. 

Wow!  You have lived from Sea to shining Sea.  I would love to hear all about it!

Never have been to the Keys, but I have eaten Locks, does that count?

Bearly That is a good play on words.   We have lived on both coasts.  Haven't figured out how we ended up in the middle.

Well, you have been to the rest, now come to the best.    

Any time you want to come visit the shore/mountains/4 seasons (or Frankie Valli--he is here usually in February and we go to see and hear him; we get to see the real Jersey boy, not the imitators--although that play is on my bucket list) come and visit, we would be more than happy to meet up with you on your stay. 

You are more than welcome to stay here, that is if you can make it through all the things my Mom has here while she is waiting on a decision for personal care after being kicked out of residential.

Bearly  Thank You for the invite.   That is so sweet of you. Your mom is with you or just her stuff?    Prayers and Hugs headed your way.

Her stuff.  I might as well live with my Parents, I am there enough!  I go just about every day.

I can relate to having other peoples stuff. I still have some of daughters stuff her. That she didn't have room for and now granddaughter has most of her stuff here. I don't have any more room for any ones stuff. 

I have a path we can go through to get to the kitchen that has her stuff on both sides of it.  I am starting to get claustrophobic.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1197 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »

Brandi

Love the email.

Green Eyes

Paul had cataract surgery with blurry vision afterwards and they zapped him with the laser and it all disappeared like magic. I'm sure your hubby will have the same results.

Thank You 4Donks.  I am sure you are right.  Just have to get him to the surgeon to get it done.

Tell him Babs will be happy to drive him...in the trunk if necessary.  Now, he has 3 choices instead of Brandi's story, where he only had 2.  He can choose to have you take him, he can have Babs drive him, or he can go in Babs' trunk.  The choice is up to him.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1198 on: November 24, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

Good news to report!  My brother had his lung surgery and is back at home.  He feels great.
He was fortunate to be able to have microscopic surgery and feels so lucky to be alive.   
Awaiting biopsy results on lymph nodes to determine treatment plan.

Very good news. Hope the biopsy comes back well!

Thanks TBM!   an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1199 on: November 24, 2013, 10:43:02 AM »

Hi GE!

Checking in. Like 4 Donks, the line of storms broke up before reaching us. We just had some rain, a little wind.

Hey, 4 Donks, I have been thinking of you, glad to see you reported in.

Can, such good news about your brother. Thanks for letting us know. Hoping he receives continued good news.

Glad to see the other monkeys checking in today. Calling for 72º here today; it might get higher, since it is 70.7º already at 11:35. Sunny and beautiful. Such destruction in Illinois and Indiana. Cookie, how are you?

It is Brandy - wonderful news.  Thank you.  To think he was given two to four months (without surgery)  and here he is with restored appetite and gaining some weight.   

Now for some of us, that would be bad news, but for him, it is wonderful news!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.