March 18, 2024, 07:52:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021575 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1820 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:35 AM »

I can't complain  Even with the ups & downs with our weather. We don't stay really cold for days. weeks etc. 

Glad your neighbor understands you might not be able to go get him. Be safe if you go out. The wind was strong here with this cold front. They do the same here with rain, snow any weather change you name it and the stores are packed.

Stay safe and warm. Spring is coming sooner than later I hope.

Snow is coming down like crazy. There is ice under the snow.

Hubby went to work and am waiting to hear from him to hear what the roads are like and his recommendation as to whether I should clean off car and venture out to get Ray in an hour.

Ray just called, wanting to know if I was coming. As I was typing this. He's anxious.

Of course, our state is under a state of emergency and they are telling everyone to stay home. ;-/

Was wondering about Klaas and how she was doing with all the rain out west. (Now that sounds odd, asking about rain ot west, where they have been having such horrible drought conditions.)

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1821 on: March 03, 2014, 11:05:44 AM »

Welp ... I cleaned off the car and when I was finished, it was covered again. There was a thick layer of ice on the windshield and back window and all the windshield wipers were frozen down to the windows. I got one car door open, the others were frozen shut.

I didn't scrape the ice off the windows. I made an executive decision to not go. If I had a clean car (parked in a garage, like we have at our new house...lol) then I would have ventured out and tried to go get Ray. But scraping this thick ice off the windows was not something I felt I could do. I cannot even reach the whole windshield, it's an SUV.

I called Ray and let him know, he was very understanding, but disappointed. I called the admin in charge at the convalescent home, and she was also very understanding. In fact, she was trying to go home at noon. It's supposed to snow until around 6 PM tonight.

I have not seen a soul drive up or down our street since I got up at 8:30. So strange.

Hubby is thinking about coming home soon. I hope he does. He's Canadian and can drive in snow better than most of us here in the South. But driving on ice is just a no-go for anyone. Accidents reported all over the place.

I fed the birds, and they are going crazy at the feeder. I think I'll put some more seed out in a couple of hours.

Sister, stay home and safe if you can today. 4 Donks, it looked like this storm may have sent you some ice. Hope you and the animals are doing okay. Everyone affected by this storm, stay safe!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1822 on: March 03, 2014, 01:01:47 PM »

Welp ... I cleaned off the car and when I was finished, it was covered again. There was a thick layer of ice on the windshield and back window and all the windshield wipers were frozen down to the windows. I got one car door open, the others were frozen shut.

I didn't scrape the ice off the windows. I made an executive decision to not go. If I had a clean car (parked in a garage, like we have at our new house...lol) then I would have ventured out and tried to go get Ray. But scraping this thick ice off the windows was not something I felt I could do. I cannot even reach the whole windshield, it's an SUV.

I called Ray and let him know, he was very understanding, but disappointed. I called the admin in charge at the convalescent home, and she was also very understanding. In fact, she was trying to go home at noon. It's supposed to snow until around 6 PM tonight.

I have not seen a soul drive up or down our street since I got up at 8:30. So strange.

Hubby is thinking about coming home soon. I hope he does. He's Canadian and can drive in snow better than most of us here in the South. But driving on ice is just a no-go for anyone. Accidents reported all over the place.

I fed the birds, and they are going crazy at the feeder. I think I'll put some more seed out in a couple of hours.

Sister, stay home and safe if you can today. 4 Donks, it looked like this storm may have sent you some ice. Hope you and the animals are doing okay. Everyone affected by this storm, stay safe!

Probably a good choice. I can drive in snow but ice is an entirely different thing. Better to get him home safe tomarrow than back to the hospital with an injury today!  Be careful if you go out to give more seeds to the birdies!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1823 on: March 03, 2014, 01:50:01 PM »

Hubby got home and did a little shoveling ... Brandi went out and dipped her head in the snow, as she loves to do.

I caught her just after the head dip...

Then she saw me, and came towards me, snow still on her nose:

Not bad for an old gal her age! (14+) Still acts like a puppy! The snow especially brings it out in her.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1824 on: March 03, 2014, 03:52:01 PM »

Probably a good choice. I can drive in snow but ice is an entirely different thing. Better to get him home safe tomarrow than back to the hospital with an injury today!  Be careful if you go out to give more seeds to the birdies!

Yep Glad you decided to wait.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1825 on: March 03, 2014, 03:53:07 PM »

Hubby got home and did a little shoveling ... Brandi went out and dipped her head in the snow, as she loves to do.

I caught her just after the head dip...

Then she saw me, and came towards me, snow still on her nose:

Not bad for an old gal her age! (14+) Still acts like a puppy! The snow especially brings it out in her.

How sweet 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1826 on: March 03, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »

Forgot to add this picture. When Brandi came in, she did her usual, turned around and waited for her treat. "I have just been outside and done my business, I will have my treat now." This is her demanding her treat!

Notice the arrow pointing to the snow still on her nose. LOL

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1827 on: March 03, 2014, 06:07:39 PM »

::HelloKitty::hi everybody.
All is well with us. Busy  busy busy...

Did anyone watch the oscars last night? What did u think?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1828 on: March 03, 2014, 07:32:15 PM »

Brandi - there was enough rain Friday that I stayed home and worked from here.  Californian's just aren't used to driving in heavy rain and there were accidents all over the place.  Rained off and on all weekend but it's beautiful today and supposed to be in the upper 70's by the end of the week.  No water damage or mud slides in my area.

Glad you stayed home Brandi - not worth driving on ice! 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1829 on: March 03, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »

Brandi - there was enough rain Friday that I stayed home and worked from here.  Californian's just aren't used to driving in heavy rain and there were accidents all over the place.  Rained off and on all weekend but it's beautiful today and supposed to be in the upper 70's by the end of the week.  No water damage or mud slides in my area.

Glad you stayed home Brandi - not worth driving on ice! 

Glad to hear things have settled down and you didn't have any water/wind/mud damage there. Been thinking about you out there.

Thanks. Gonna try tomorrow, although everything left on the roads is gonna be iced. Going to be 5º tonight. It's 11º right now, and only going up to 34º tomorrow. But I am gonna try!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1830 on: March 04, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »

Welp, got Ray home today. Main roads are just wet, although it is still below freezing. Must be the salt they treated them with.

Parking lots are a mess. We did manage to get in and out of a Hardees, since Ray wanted to have a burger as soon as he got out. LOL

Got him in to his home through the snowy yard safely. Going through his meds list and medications so I can prepare a plan for him to take them on schedule. So all is good.

While driving to get him, a snow plow passed going the other direction, threw up wet gunk on my windshield, and I decided to try the washers. Sprayed it on, the wipers went over it, and everything immediately froze, making it almost impossible to see out. I tried to find a place to pull over, and eventually the window kinda miraculously cleared pretty well. By the time we were driving back, the wiper washers worked just fine. So there is light at the end of the frozen tunnel. LOL

I grew up in Cincinnati and it snowed a lot there in the winter, but I was not yet a driver, so I was unaware of the problems of winter driving. I can tell you, I do not like it. One bit. Don't know how you northern monkeys cope with this over and over throughout the winter. I don't think I am cut out for it. But you all have my utmost respect for dealing with it!

Got our first email from our closing agent today, requesting signatures. Looks like things are moving along. (Our realtor is drafting a proposal for a price reduction to the bank for the house, (It's a foreclosure property) because of repairs needed that we found out about after the inspection, so we'll see how that goes.) I doubt it will work, since they keep saying it is being sold "As Is" and we are dealing with a bank in Germany, who uses a company in India to actually sell the properties. And they stink. To high heaven.

Lots of stuff happening here. One thing after the other. Trying not to get too stressed about stuff. Hard to do though.

Have a great day!

Cookie, good to see you back! Glad to hear you are doing well, and keeping busy. I have missed you.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1831 on: March 05, 2014, 07:07:53 AM »

Brandi - glad you made it safe and sound. Nothing like the terror when your windshield freezes and you suddenly realize you are driving down bad roads with no vision!  Sucks big time!

I am glad things are moving forward with the house. Things will work out.  I thought of you when hubs was doing some research and found an article that said that heat pumps are 300% more efficient than traditional heating units. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1832 on: March 05, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »

Brandi,

whew.

It was a test, and you passed it. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1833 on: March 05, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

Brandi,

whew.

It was a test, and you passed it. Smile

I don't like pop quizzes, never did. LOL

Seahorse, see my reply to you in my section, please.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1834 on: March 05, 2014, 01:09:58 PM »

Brandi - glad you made it safe and sound. Nothing like the terror when your windshield freezes and you suddenly realize you are driving down bad roads with no vision!  Sucks big time!

I am glad things are moving forward with the house. Things will work out.  I thought of you when hubs was doing some research and found an article that said that heat pumps are 300% more efficient than traditional heating units. 

Yeah, was scary there for a bit when I was driving and suddenly could not see! At least there was light traffic and the roads at that spot were not too bad.

Yes, I am impressed at how warm the house got so quickly when we were there for the inspection. We had to leave the utilities on and are paying to heat the house as I speak. Didn't want the pipes to freeze in this cold weather, and we had to have the water re-introduced to the system in the house for the inspection. (It had been winterized before the inspection.)

Every day, we hear from the closing agent, the mortgage guy or the realtor to send more stuff to them. We had to show evidence of homeowners insurance yesterday and we had not even chosen an insurance company yet! So I got some online quotes and we decided to go with GEICO, since their quote was the lowest and I have had car insurance with them for ages. We actually had to "buy" insurance yesterday online for the closing paperwork. Had to send another signed letter today to the mortgage people. They just told me this morning that they are now all set and just waiting on the appraisal. (I would have thought that had already been obtained!)

But, overall, I think we are on schedule for closing on March 19. Kinda scary because we will then own two homes. With two payments. heh We'll be super busy moving, having repairs done at both places at the same time, and trying to sell this current home. We'll be changing Internet providers too, and I have so much email coming to my current provider's email account (we've had them for 15 years or so) and I have so many websites hosted by this provider. I have to move all of them and change my email address in so any accounts since we will lose all of that when we cancel cable. Not looking forward to all that. The good part of all of that is we are going to get FIOS at the new place! And for the first two years, it will cost less than our current cable account.

I notice when I am stressed, I talk/post a lot! Someone tell me if I am talking too much!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1835 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:31 PM »

Brandi glad you made it picking up your neighbor. It is scary when you can't see out your windshield. Sounds like everything is moving right along with the new house. You are going to be very busy. I don't envy you the moving part. But the rest of it I am excited for you.     It's exciting to find and be able to get a new house. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1836 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »

Hi ya monkeys!   
Brand,love the photos!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1837 on: March 06, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »

Hi ya monkeys!   
Brand,love the photos!   

Hi Trimm Miss you

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1838 on: March 06, 2014, 03:43:58 PM »

Hi ya monkeys!   
Brand,love the photos!   

Trimm!!!!

So good to see you!

Glad you liked the pics of Brandi in the snow Wink

And it's not over yet!

Calling for sleet, snow and freezing rain in the early morning, just in time for rush hour! Good thing, though, it is supposed to be up to 39º later in the day. Now to convince my Canadian husband to leave later than usual for work. Wish me luck in that endeavor!

Oh, Spring, where art thou???

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1839 on: March 06, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »

Hi ya monkeys!   
Brand,love the photos!   

Trimm!!!!

So good to see you!

Glad you liked the pics of Brandi in the snow Wink

And it's not over yet!

Calling for sleet, snow and freezing rain in the early morning, just in time for rush hour! Good thing, though, it is supposed to be up to 39º later in the day. Now to convince my Canadian husband to leave later than usual for work. Wish me luck in that endeavor!

Oh, Spring, where art thou???

Good Luck talking hubs into leaving a little bit later for work.   

Spring will be here soon. I hope   I just read that the Great Lakes are now 91 percent frozen over. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.