March 18, 2024, 11:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021633 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2120 on: June 09, 2014, 04:04:51 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Brandi - glad to hear you are enjoying your new home.  I enjoy my roses too and always have fresh cut ones in the house when they are in bloom.  Have lost two or three and pondering whether to plant more.  Trying to stay as low maintenance as possible.

Thank you and hello, Can.

We have discovered a lot of flowers and trees on the property, it's been quite fun. There are 7 azalea plants which have finished blooming, but were just gorgeous when in bloom. Then the roses, yellow, red and several shades of pink, still in bloom. We also have a couple of peonies and lots of lilies, that have not bloomed yet. Hostas galore, wild violets and wild strawberries (which I have begun weeding out of the flower beds.) I have planted a couple of vegetable gardens, One tomatoes and the other yellow squash, pumpkins and watermelon. I am sure I have left out some flowers. Oh yes, tulips and daffodils, which have come and gone for the season, and crocuses.

Last night, we discovered that some of my favorite trees here (they look Asian and have dark purplish leaves) have lots of fruit on them! After some sleuthing, we have realized that they are cherry plums! And they are from Asia. Most people make jam with them, but they are used for fresh eating and pies and tarts, etc. I may try to give them away so they don't go to waste, as we could not possibly eat all of them (they are not quite ripe yet) and we don't eat sugar, which we'd have to use to make jam and pies. But what a fun find!

I, too bring in fresh flowers and greenery all the time. I have vases in the bathroom, the mantle, the office, the kitchen and the back porch with fresh greenery all the time. Makes me very happy. Wink

I wish you well during your renovation. I hope everything goes on schedule. Also, great news about your mother's new location near you. That's great!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2121 on: June 09, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »

It has been a hellava couple of weeks.  Connie was admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure and some kidney failure.  She is now back in the nursing home.  Been praying so hard for God to have His way.  Her quality of life really sucks.  Sorry for being such a downer on this beautiful morning.  My cup runneth over with blessings -- just sometimes hard to see them.

Blessings.

I knew your plate was quite full by your not posting a lot.

Been and will continue to think of you and Connie.

an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2122 on: June 09, 2014, 05:33:28 PM »

It has been a hellava couple of weeks.  Connie was admitted to the hospital with congestive heart failure and some kidney failure.  She is now back in the nursing home.  Been praying so hard for God to have His way.  Her quality of life really sucks.  Sorry for being such a downer on this beautiful morning.  My cup runneth over with blessings -- just sometimes hard to see them.

Blessings.

Sister So sorry to hear about Connie. Continued Prayers. an angelic monkey For you all. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2123 on: June 09, 2014, 05:38:55 PM »

Joy, joy!  We are moving my Mom to my area at the end of the month.  She is so happy and I'll be less than five minutes away.

I'll be travelling down tomorrow to have her car certified and ready to sell.  She has decided at age 93, she doesn't want to drive anymore!

Kitchen and bathroom renovations starting on June 23rd.  Kitchen first.  We'll be camping out in our downstairs basement with a hot plate and microwave for a few weeks.  Had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we started and wish I hadn't delayed so long.  The older one becomes the more stressful these things are.
It will all be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. 

That's wonderful news about your mom. I am very Happy for you.  I know having her so far away has been worrisome for you. The renovation sounds wonderful when it is finished. You got it right it is more stressful when we get older. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2124 on: June 09, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »

Brandi  sounds like everything is fulling into place at your new home.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2125 on: June 10, 2014, 08:27:46 AM »

LOL Brandi - guess summer is getting the best of us. Hope you are loving the new house! Glad to see you are back with us.

It is warm here - finally!  Downside is that the pool pump is BROKEN. Which really sucks since we just put it in last year - for $1000 - and the company can not get a warranty person out until next week. So, being the inventive monkey I am, I hooked an new sump pump that we keep around for a spare to the filter. Looks crazy but at least I can get chemicals in.

the visual of the sump pump had me giggling -- thanks for the chuckle!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2126 on: June 10, 2014, 08:29:54 AM »

Joy, joy!  We are moving my Mom to my area at the end of the month.  She is so happy and I'll be less than five minutes away.

I'll be travelling down tomorrow to have her car certified and ready to sell.  She has decided at age 93, she doesn't want to drive anymore!

Kitchen and bathroom renovations starting on June 23rd.  Kitchen first.  We'll be camping out in our downstairs basement with a hot plate and microwave for a few weeks.  Had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we started and wish I hadn't delayed so long.  The older one becomes the more stressful these things are.

can, how wonderful to have your Mom so close.  It certainly lower your stress -- at least in one area.
Renovations can be so crazy.  I will pray for your patience 

Good to see you again!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2127 on: June 10, 2014, 08:31:58 AM »

Your new place sounds like a slice of heaven, Brandi.     You've got some very lovely plants and flowers.
 I wish I were able to grow peonies and azaleas in my yard. When I bought my property, it wasn't fenced and the deer would eat everything and anything. There is no such thing as deer proof.  It's more like deer resistant, but even then, they will take a taste.  They even bit the mountain laurel and the blooms off the red yucca.  The only things they don't try to eat is rosemary, so I used it as a decorative shrub.   I fenced part of the yard and am growing iris, daffodils, lillys and veggies in the garden. They can't get at the pots of herbs and succulents now.   I did get a surprise this year when the holly hocks I planted four years ago, cut back and gave up on finally took off and bloomed! 

Thank you for sharing.   I love to hear about folks gardens.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2128 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:30 AM »

Brandi, how exciting to find so many beautiful "gifts" on your property.
 flower

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayer for Connie.  Saw her yesterday and she is doing so much better.  God willing, I will take her to get her hair done this week.  That will make her feel so good.

Blessings.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2129 on: June 10, 2014, 09:25:39 AM »

flower

I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayer for Connie.  Saw her yesterday and she is doing so much better.  God willing, I will take her to get her hair done this week.  That will make her feel so good.

Blessings.

It's great to hear you report Connie is doing better, Sister.  And I agree with you.  I think Connie will feel good if she can get her hair done. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2130 on: June 10, 2014, 12:04:47 PM »

flower

Blessings.

So glad to hear she is doing better. Getting ones hair done is always uplifting!  You have been, and will continue to be, in my prayers

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2131 on: June 10, 2014, 12:06:27 PM »

LOL Brandi - guess summer is getting the best of us. Hope you are loving the new house! Glad to see you are back with us.

It is warm here - finally!  Downside is that the pool pump is BROKEN. Which really sucks since we just put it in last year - for $1000 - and the company can not get a warranty person out until next week. So, being the inventive monkey I am, I hooked an new sump pump that we keep around for a spare to the filter. Looks crazy but at least I can get chemicals in.

the visual of the sump pump had me giggling -- thanks for the chuckle!

Yea it is quite a sight - the pool guy out today thought it was very funny - but it seems to work. Problem now is that he came out and hayward did not send him a motor - he is saying another month to get one - this is stupid. Good thing motivational speaking for the hard of hearing customer service rep is one of my skills . . . .

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2132 on: June 10, 2014, 12:38:50 PM »

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2133 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »

Where ya been hiding, Trimm? Miss ya!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2134 on: June 11, 2014, 08:05:50 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Brandi - glad to hear you are enjoying your new home.  I enjoy my roses too and always have fresh cut ones in the house when they are in bloom.  Have lost two or three and pondering whether to plant more.  Trying to stay as low maintenance as possible.

Thank you and hello, Can.

We have discovered a lot of flowers and trees on the property, it's been quite fun. There are 7 azalea plants which have finished blooming, but were just gorgeous when in bloom. Then the roses, yellow, red and several shades of pink, still in bloom. We also have a couple of peonies and lots of lilies, that have not bloomed yet. Hostas galore, wild violets and wild strawberries (which I have begun weeding out of the flower beds.) I have planted a couple of vegetable gardens, One tomatoes and the other yellow squash, pumpkins and watermelon. I am sure I have left out some flowers. Oh yes, tulips and daffodils, which have come and gone for the season, and crocuses.

Last night, we discovered that some of my favorite trees here (they look Asian and have dark purplish leaves) have lots of fruit on them! After some sleuthing, we have realized that they are cherry plums! And they are from Asia. Most people make jam with them, but they are used for fresh eating and pies and tarts, etc. I may try to give them away so they don't go to waste, as we could not possibly eat all of them (they are not quite ripe yet) and we don't eat sugar, which we'd have to use to make jam and pies. But what a fun find!

I, too bring in fresh flowers and greenery all the time. I have vases in the bathroom, the mantle, the office, the kitchen and the back porch with fresh greenery all the time. Makes me very happy. Wink

I wish you well during your renovation. I hope everything goes on schedule. Also, great news about your mother's new location near you. That's great!

Isn't it wonderful to make all these new discoveries.  Your property sounds heavenly
and you sound energized.  Wishing you and your family many happy years there.

Thanks for your wishes. 

It will be wonderful to have Mom close. It will save a lot of trips back and forth, which are tiring for both of us.  Also her husband's nursing home is nearby.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2135 on: June 11, 2014, 08:25:49 PM »

That's wonderful news about your mom. I am very Happy for you.  I know having her so far away has been worrisome for you. The renovation sounds wonderful when it is finished. You got it right it is more stressful when we get older. 

Very worrisome indeed GE.  She has no one in her area except a couple of friends that are no longer in good health.  If I was unable to reach her and admin. left for the day
there was no one to check on her.  Some of the floors in her building have volunteer
floor monitors, but hers did not.
A dear friend that loves my Mom will be moving into her building in August and they are both looking forward to that.  I was researching senior's apartments in my area when this same friend dropped in to visit to tell me she was putting her townhouse up for sale.  Long story short, she recommended the bldg. she planned on moving to.
Serendipity to be sure.  Mom got accepted quickly on compassionate grounds due to the fact she lived out of town and her husband's nursing home is in the area.

Hope all is well with you GE and your family.  Specifically your dd and dgd.  Also your hubs  Any good news about his eyes?
 an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2136 on: June 11, 2014, 08:30:04 PM »

can, how wonderful to have your Mom so close.  It certainly lower your stress -- at least in one area.
Renovations can be so crazy.  I will pray for your patience 

Good to see you again!

Thank you so much sister.  Just another couple of weeks or so.

Prayers for patience is just what I need.  Thank you sweet sister.
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2137 on: June 11, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »

flower

Blessings.

PTL!!!!!!!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2138 on: June 12, 2014, 11:08:50 AM »

flower

Blessings.

PTL!!!!!!!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2139 on: June 14, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »

Morning Monkeys   Hope everyone is doing well. Prayers for all in need.  Headed to the store to get a few things. It's been a very wild week here. Now have granddaughter & her 2 fur babies living with us. Good part she is away from a control freak boyfriend. Hard part getting her motivated to more forward and move on. Have youngest grandson for the week end. So have a busy house. We are going to try and go see How to Tame your Dragon 2 this morning. Then I am going to take a nap. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.