March 19, 2024, 01:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021668 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2240 on: August 13, 2014, 12:50:19 PM »

Just a cute story to make you  all smile:

Y'all know my Siberian Husky's name is Cadillac,  aka Caddy, aka The Criminal.

Well I had a houseguest who came with a friend to spend the night.  We had never met.  When she got out of her car, there goes Caddy all over her - jumping and a humping.  It is so embarrassing and exhausting.  I apologized for "Caddy's" behavior.  She laughed and said her daughter had a Siberian Husky as well.

In a few minutes, she pulled up a picture of her daughter's husky on her phone.  The dog was IDENTICAL to The Criminal.  The she says, "meet Cadillac."  I looked at her strangely, because I was sure I had called my mutt Caddy.  I said "what did you say?"  She said " Meet Cadillac - my daughter's dog." 

I then told her that was actually Caddy's name too!

We laughed all night because who in the world would think two identical Siberian Husky's from two different towns would end up with the same name??

Shut the front door!!!

Love to all - Chubbie and the Criminal

Wow, wow, wow!

That is so cool, Caddy!

Yes, it made me smile.

Thanks for sharing!

an angelic monkey

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2241 on: August 13, 2014, 02:09:52 PM »

I want to thank everyone for all your kind congrats and well wishes concerning our 4-month move to our new house. heh

Hubby returned all of Comcast's equipment on Monday, and we await the final bill from them. Also awaiting final electricity, phone, water and home insurance bills, and when we pay them, we will be totally done! All these loose ends. But I see the light at the end of this tunnel, for sure!

We're going day by day with Brandi, she has a hip problem, for which I give her an aspirin every 12 hours, and I believe it helps. Vet said to also give her an antacid with them, and we do. Along with her Proin tablet, since she has incontinence issues. It's her hip that worries me most. Sometimes she trips on the 4 steps up/down the front porch, so we usually take her out back, down the handicap ramp. It's just so long, and it appears sometimes she is not up to walking a lot to go potty. But it's all working okay. I worry about the time when she just cannot get up anymore. She has difficulty walking/getting up one day, then the next day seems so much better! Anyway, we are continually assessing her quality of life, because she is what matters, and we are trying to prepare for the day her quality of life isn't good enough. She'll be 16 in December. She is such a sweetie, I'll post a picture of her at the new house I took a few weeks back.

She kinda looks sad in the pics, but she is actually just squinting from the sun.

Sister, I am thinking of you and Mr. Jenkins, hoping he finds a wonderful forever home soon. I feel like I know him, since I did so many avatars for you using him.

Seahorse, I only planted tomatoes (which have been wonderful, the ones I got before the ground hog family found them. They pick them green and eat them. So do the squirrels. Right now, I have large plants with lots and lots of flowers on them. I really hope I can beat out the critters and get some more tomatoes from them before the end of the season.) and zucchini and yellow squash. Took forever to get female blossoms and finally bear fruit. Not sure what the problem is there. We didn't plant any herbs this year, but will for sure next year. Still learning where the sun hits and for how long on our property.

Here's a good article about adult hula hoops you might be interested in: http://www.canyonhoops.com/Size-and-Weight-Guide-3.html

Seems hula hoops can get a bit pricey. Not the 99 cent versions from our youth.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2242 on: August 13, 2014, 02:27:55 PM »

Well I had a houseguest who came with a friend to spend the night.  We had never met.  When she got out of her car, there goes Caddy all over her - jumping and a humping.  It is so embarrassing and exhausting.  I apologized for "Caddy's" behavior.  She laughed and said her daughter had a Siberian Husky as well.

In a few minutes, she pulled up a picture of her daughter's husky on her phone.  The dog was IDENTICAL to The Criminal.  The she says, "meet Cadillac."  I looked at her strangely, because I was sure I had called my mutt Caddy.  I said "what did you say?"  She said " Meet Cadillac - my daughter's dog." 

We laughed all night because who in the world would think two identical Siberian Husky's from two different towns would end up with the same name??

Shut the front door!!!

what a precious story!  wow! who would have figured?
it's a small world after all.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2243 on: August 13, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »

Brandi,  I love the pictures of Brandi.  She looks so soft and cuddly.

I know you did so many pixs for Mr. Jenkins.  Thank you!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2244 on: August 13, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

Brandi,  I love the pictures of Brandi.  She looks so soft and cuddly.

I know you did so many pixs for Mr. Jenkins.  Thank you!

Any news about a new home for him yet?

Or are your nephew and wife reconsidering keeping him?

Of course, you are welcome. Wink

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2245 on: August 13, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »

Shut the front door!!!

That is FUNNY!  Who knew!!!!!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2246 on: August 13, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »

What a beautiful dog - Brandi is!! 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2247 on: August 13, 2014, 05:44:08 PM »

I want to thank everyone for all your kind congrats and well wishes concerning our 4-month move to our new house. heh

Hubby returned all of Comcast's equipment on Monday, and we await the final bill from them. Also awaiting final electricity, phone, water and home insurance bills, and when we pay them, we will be totally done! All these loose ends. But I see the light at the end of this tunnel, for sure!

We're going day by day with Brandi, she has a hip problem, for which I give her an aspirin every 12 hours, and I believe it helps. Vet said to also give her an antacid with them, and we do. Along with her Proin tablet, since she has incontinence issues. It's her hip that worries me most. Sometimes she trips on the 4 steps up/down the front porch, so we usually take her out back, down the handicap ramp. It's just so long, and it appears sometimes she is not up to walking a lot to go potty. But it's all working okay. I worry about the time when she just cannot get up anymore. She has difficulty walking/getting up one day, then the next day seems so much better! Anyway, we are continually assessing her quality of life, because she is what matters, and we are trying to prepare for the day her quality of life isn't good enough. She'll be 16 in December. She is such a sweetie, I'll post a picture of her at the new house I took a few weeks back.

She kinda looks sad in the pics, but she is actually just squinting from the sun.

Sister, I am thinking of you and Mr. Jenkins, hoping he finds a wonderful forever home soon. I feel like I know him, since I did so many avatars for you using him.

Seahorse, I only planted tomatoes (which have been wonderful, the ones I got before the ground hog family found them. They pick them green and eat them. So do the squirrels. Right now, I have large plants with lots and lots of flowers on them. I really hope I can beat out the critters and get some more tomatoes from them before the end of the season.) and zucchini and yellow squash. Took forever to get female blossoms and finally bear fruit. Not sure what the problem is there. We didn't plant any herbs this year, but will for sure next year. Still learning where the sun hits and for how long on our property.

Here's a good article about adult hula hoops you might be interested in: http://www.canyonhoops.com/Size-and-Weight-Guide-3.html

Seems hula hoops can get a bit pricey. Not the 99 cent versions from our youth.

Beautiful dog -  I just want to wrap my arms her and give her a hug. You really take such good care of her coat Smile

My former dog lost the ability to stand up, and I stuck by her through thick and thin.  I even had  the dog in diapers, until she passed away naturally.  The diapers were small, what men wear in the nursing homes, not baby diapers.

Thank-you, for the hula hoop site.  I may need to give in and accept that pushups, are the way to go for upper arms.  I want arms like Popeye's Smile

You will have a lot of beautiful fall foliage outside, Brandi, from the list of your trees you gave us. it would be a joy just to wake up in the autumn and greet nature.  I miss those gumballs and buckeyes, just memories of childhood. Toot, Toot.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2248 on: August 13, 2014, 06:54:19 PM »

Could someone start  a thread for me for a child missing from my area please.

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2249 on: August 13, 2014, 10:57:04 PM »

Could someone start  a thread for me for a child missing from my area please.

HH - who is the missing child, what is their name?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2250 on: August 20, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »

So after a lot of BS, etc. I picked up Mr. Jenkins.  It is pitiful.  He has a broken spirit and it is ripping my heart out.  Believe it or not, Belle is doing very well with him.  She wants to play so bad, but it's like he forgot how.  A little time should help this!

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2251 on: August 20, 2014, 04:45:24 PM »

So after a lot of BS, etc. I picked up Mr. Jenkins.  It is pitiful.  He has a broken spirit and it is ripping my heart out.  Believe it or not, Belle is doing very well with him.  She wants to play so bad, but it's like he forgot how.  A little time should help this!

Are you keeping him, Sister??  I vote yes!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2252 on: August 20, 2014, 07:07:11 PM »

Me Too !! Cadilac

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2253 on: August 20, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »

Sister, This makes me sad. Poor little guy. Your nephew & his wife sound so selfish.  You, Connie , Mr. Jenkins and Bell are in my prayers an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2254 on: August 20, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »

Brandi your Brandi looks well loved. She does look so soft and cuddly. Glad everything has worked out on your new home and selling your old home. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2255 on: August 20, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »

Shut the front door!!!

Cadilac  I laughed with your story it was funny. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2256 on: August 20, 2014, 07:18:14 PM »

Hi Sea Horse

Hows your exercise  program going?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2257 on: August 20, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »

Evening Monkeys

It's been a busy summer here. Have had youngest grand son here with us for most of the summer. I think he might have been home about a week all summer. His mom just came & picked him up. He still wasn't ready to go home. But school starts for him Monday.  My grocery bill should drop now. He is at that age when they are constantly hungry and do nothing but eat while they are awake. Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2258 on: August 21, 2014, 08:23:17 AM »

Me Too !! Cadilac

We'll see.  Belle has been outstanding!  they slept butt to butt last night on the bed.  Who would have thought?
certainly not me.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2259 on: August 21, 2014, 11:27:21 AM »

Me Too !! Cadilac

We'll see.  Belle has been outstanding!  they slept butt to butt last night on the bed.  Who would have thought?
certainly not me.

You have such a good conscience, Sister! 

I saw Mr. Jenkins, Halloween costumes :)when I was browsing through Brandi's historical designs.

Mr. Jenkins is a cutie pie and Belle is a beauty.

We never know how prayers work Smile

To give Mr. Jenkins a second chance for a productive life, is admirable, Sister. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.