March 19, 2024, 03:41:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021699 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2300 on: September 01, 2014, 09:25:29 AM »

Joy, joy!  We are moving my Mom to my area at the end of the month.  She is so happy and I'll be less than five minutes away.

I'll be travelling down tomorrow to have her car certified and ready to sell.  She has decided at age 93, she doesn't want to drive anymore!

Kitchen and bathroom renovations starting on June 23rd.  Kitchen first.  We'll be camping out in our downstairs basement with a hot plate and microwave for a few weeks.  Had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we started and wish I hadn't delayed so long.  The older one becomes the more stressful these things are.
It will all be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. 

Don't forget my room!

Glad to hear your Mom is moving close to you!

Lovely to see you again Bearly.  You've had your hands full with the hospitalisations of your parents.  I hope their health has improved.

It's great having my Mom living so close.  Her husband is also nearby. 

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2301 on: September 01, 2014, 07:08:56 PM »

So nice to sees you can.  Glad to hear you are enjoying having your mom close.  Hope everything is going well for you and the family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2302 on: September 07, 2014, 09:10:55 PM »

So nice to sees you can.  Glad to hear you are enjoying having your mom close.  Hope everything is going well for you and the family.

always nice to see you too GE. 

mom's severe leg and hip pain stopped about a week ago and she no longer requires Tylenol 2 w/codeine for the severe pain and her gait and mobility have improved.

thankfully she has two new doctors nearby who have given her a complete work up.  we learned this week from the cat scan of her spine that she has stenosis of the spine.
whatever nerve was compressed is obviously not any longer.  it's nice to have an answer and she accepts that if it recurs she will have to answer to it with pain management.  For now, and hopefully for a long time, she is enjoying being pain free and taking Tylenol for arthritis for her hip discomfort only.

I'm tickled pink with her new doctors.  I believe the one she had for many years before she moved to this area became complacent. 

Saw my daughter, sil and grands over labour day.  The kids had a marvellous time picking our pears.  They love to climb our trees. 

Hope all is well with you and your family.  XOXO

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2303 on: September 08, 2014, 11:55:17 AM »

Brandy...very sorry to here that Brandy went over the rainbow bridge. It is difficult ....
Sigh....hugs to u.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2304 on: September 09, 2014, 08:08:16 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO LISTEN:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2305 on: September 10, 2014, 08:59:44 AM »

mom's severe leg and hip pain stopped about a week ago and she no longer requires Tylenol 2 w/codeine for the severe pain and her gait and mobility have improved.

thankfully she has two new doctors nearby who have given her a complete work up.  we learned this week from the cat scan of her spine that she has stenosis of the spine.
whatever nerve was compressed is obviously not any longer.  it's nice to have an answer and she accepts that if it recurs she will have to answer to it with pain management.  For now, and hopefully for a long time, she is enjoying being pain free and taking Tylenol for arthritis for her hip discomfort only.

I'm tickled pink with her new doctors.  I believe the one she had for many years before she moved to this area became complacent. 

Saw my daughter, sil and grands over labour day.  The kids had a marvellous time picking our pears.  They love to climb our trees. 

Glad to hear your mom is doing better. Having doctors you like is a big plus.

Sounds like you had a wonderful labour day with the family. I think kids and trees go hand & hand. 

We are doing well. Very quiet here since grand son went home because school started. 

Prayers for you and the family

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2306 on: September 10, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »

I want to thank each and every one of you for expressing your kind words to me regarding Brandi's passing.

Although I knew her time was coming, as she was 15 years old, knowing that, and trying to prepare in my mind for the time, really didn't help. We were so close and everything I did this past year at least, involved her. Everything. So, emotionally, it was devastating to me. Still is. I miss her like crazy. I am trying to focus on all the wonderful times we had, but of course, that makes me sad thinking that I miss those times. I am sure that time will help me, but I wasn't prepared for this much pain in losing her.

Your condolences meant a lot and I thank you all for showing me that you care. You're a great group of supportive people.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2307 on: September 10, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »

I want to thank each and every one of you for expressing your kind words to me regarding Brandi's passing.

Although I knew her time was coming, as she was 15 years old, knowing that, and trying to prepare in my mind for the time, really didn't help. We were so close and everything I did this past year at least, involved her. Everything. So, emotionally, it was devastating to me. Still is. I miss her like crazy. I am trying to focus on all the wonderful times we had, but of course, that makes me sad thinking that I miss those times. I am sure that time will help me, but I wasn't prepared for this much pain in losing her.

Your condolences meant a lot and I thank you all for showing me that you care. You're a great group of supportive people.

Caddy and Chubbie
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2308 on: September 10, 2014, 04:13:10 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2309 on: September 11, 2014, 01:54:20 AM »

Joy, joy!  We are moving my Mom to my area at the end of the month.  She is so happy and I'll be less than five minutes away.

I'll be travelling down tomorrow to have her car certified and ready to sell.  She has decided at age 93, she doesn't want to drive anymore!

Kitchen and bathroom renovations starting on June 23rd.  Kitchen first.  We'll be camping out in our downstairs basement with a hot plate and microwave for a few weeks.  Had no idea what we were getting ourselves into when we started and wish I hadn't delayed so long.  The older one becomes the more stressful these things are.
It will all be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. 

Don't forget my room!

Glad to hear your Mom is moving close to you!

Lovely to see you again Bearly.  You've had your hands full with the hospitalisations of your parents.  I hope their health has improved.

It's great having my Mom living so close.  Her husband is also nearby. 

They both have to go in for surgery this month.

Cubby loves his classroom this year.  He gets up each morning and gets ready with no problems!

Glad everyone is so close to you, now.  It makes a big difference.

My son got married this weekend to the loveliest woman.  (No, not Cubby)

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2310 on: September 11, 2014, 01:56:22 AM »

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2311 on: September 11, 2014, 02:00:40 AM »

Again, I am so very sorry, Brandi.  It does get easier with time, but we never truly stop missing our fur babies.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2312 on: September 11, 2014, 02:02:22 AM »

Hi Miss Bearly   Prayers for your parents. Congratulations on your sons wedding an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2313 on: September 11, 2014, 02:11:31 AM »

Good morning - My sister finally is getting out of her failing school district and moving to a teaching position in a great district! Yea!!!!! Prayers for an easy transition would be appriciated!

that is assuredly delightful news!  Lots of rejoicing prayers for an easy transition.

I believe in miracles!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2314 on: September 12, 2014, 01:15:08 AM »

So I was wondering if any of you monkeys have a septic system or have lived in a home with one.

Our new house has public water but not public sewer hookup, instead we have a septic system.

I have read so much about what not to allow into the system, such as antibiotic soaps, bleach, any toxic chemicals, grease, etc. We don't have a garbage disposal (that's good) and I only run the dishwasher a couple of times a week, when it is full.

I try to conserve water around the house all the time, since they say you don't want to overload the system with too much water at one time. (Whatever too much water is!) So I only do one load of laundry in a day's time, which I guess is good, cause it makes me keep up with it! Hubby takes 20-30 minute showers daily, which I think is excessive, so I take very short ones.

I found out from the previous owner the general vicinity of the septic system and when it was last pumped out, but I have no idea how big the tank is. The home is a 4-bedroom, so I guess the tank was designed for at least 4 people's use. ?

I feel like I am under the gun and constantly worrying about how much water we are using during a day's time and it's uncomfortable. I am thinking maybe I am over-anxious about this and should relax a bit and just use water as I need it without trying to hard so conserve.

Oh, and every 4-6 weeks or so, we use Rid-X. I know its use in controversial, but the previous owner used it at about the same frequency when she lived here.

Anyone have any tips for me about septic tanks and living with one?

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2315 on: September 12, 2014, 06:39:19 AM »

Brandi - I have had a septic since I was born. We currently have one. The size of the the tank size is not the big thing. The size of the drainage field is the issue. Did the old owners let you know where it is? What a drainage field does is take the water and liquid from the tank and distribute it out to the ground. The tank itself only holds a small amount of liquid and mostly solids. (gross, I know!)   if your drainage field is working well, it is hard to overload the system. What would happen is that the tank would fill and slowly let the water out to the field. No big deal. Our tanks get pumped (depending on use) about every 8 to 15 years (more if you have a HUGE family or make a lot of solid waste.)  You will know when it is getting close to time to pump when the drains start slowing down. I know you see all the ads on tv about how bad a failure is. True they are bad but they are rare. I am 47 and the only failure I saw was a pipe that got broken when someone drove over it. As for Ridex, not a bad product, but I have always used blocks of yeast. I personally do not worry about what I put down (within reason of course - I would not put nuclear waste down!  LOL) but use antibiotic soap and bleach. I often do four loads of laundry a day and run the dishwasher and shower all of us and never have an issue.

Hope this helps!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2316 on: September 12, 2014, 07:52:25 AM »

Brandi - I have had a septic since I was born. We currently have one. The size of the the tank size is not the big thing. The size of the drainage field is the issue. Did the old owners let you know where it is? What a drainage field does is take the water and liquid from the tank and distribute it out to the ground. The tank itself only holds a small amount of liquid and mostly solids. (gross, I know!)   if your drainage field is working well, it is hard to overload the system. What would happen is that the tank would fill and slowly let the water out to the field. No big deal. Our tanks get pumped (depending on use) about every 8 to 15 years (more if you have a HUGE family or make a lot of solid waste.)  You will know when it is getting close to time to pump when the drains start slowing down. I know you see all the ads on tv about how bad a failure is. True they are bad but they are rare. I am 47 and the only failure I saw was a pipe that got broken when someone drove over it. As for Ridex, not a bad product, but I have always used blocks of yeast. I personally do not worry about what I put down (within reason of course - I would not put nuclear waste down!  LOL) but use antibiotic soap and bleach. I often do four loads of laundry a day and run the dishwasher and shower all of us and never have an issue.

Hope this helps!

I agree with TBM.  Do you know the last time it was pumped?  I would try and find out.
Here at the parsonage, they put a new one in last year.  Probably had not been pumped in over 20 years, but the house is in a flood plain, so there was money for a new tank and one of the parishioners did the other work for free.
My friend Dennis has an older one and he has his pumped every 5 years.  Much cheaper than putting in a new system.
What TBM wrote about the drainage field is important.  If you decide to have yours pumped, that person may be able to help you figure out the drain field.

On another note, I still grieve over all of my dogs -- and I have had many over the years.  It took me some time to want another dog -- Belle -- but I am so glad I have her and now Mr. Jenkins too.  They have become fast friends.  Jenkins had to have a fatty tumor cut off his back and 4 teeth extracted yesterday.  Belle has been mothering him so much.  She even went and got his favorite toy last night and brought it up on the bed for him.
I understand your pain and loneliness.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2317 on: September 12, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »

So I was wondering if any of you monkeys have a septic system or have lived in a home with one.

Our new house has public water but not public sewer hookup, instead we have a septic system.

I have read so much about what not to allow into the system, such as antibiotic soaps, bleach, any toxic chemicals, grease, etc. We don't have a garbage disposal (that's good) and I only run the dishwasher a couple of times a week, when it is full.

I try to conserve water around the house all the time, since they say you don't want to overload the system with too much water at one time. (Whatever too much water is!) So I only do one load of laundry in a day's time, which I guess is good, cause it makes me keep up with it! Hubby takes 20-30 minute showers daily, which I think is excessive, so I take very short ones.

I found out from the previous owner the general vicinity of the septic system and when it was last pumped out, but I have no idea how big the tank is. The home is a 4-bedroom, so I guess the tank was designed for at least 4 people's use. ?

I feel like I am under the gun and constantly worrying about how much water we are using during a day's time and it's uncomfortable. I am thinking maybe I am over-anxious about this and should relax a bit and just use water as I need it without trying to hard so conserve.

Oh, and every 4-6 weeks or so, we use Rid-X. I know its use in controversial, but the previous owner used it at about the same frequency when she lived here.

Anyone have any tips for me about septic tanks and living with one?

Also Brandi, we have our laundry water run off  separate from the Septic which I know a lot of homes are set up this way.

I also use Yeast packs, was told by a couple of plumbers its the best and a lot less costly.   We've been here over 9 years and didn't even know where the tank was. 

Had a broken pipe leading to tank so found out the expensive way. 

Had the tank pumped and he said we still had a ways to go, as we had a good leech system and was all solid waste, so wouldn't be too concerned about water usage, toilet paper and all that goes with it is what fills it up! 

The yeast will pretty well munch it up............Also was told curdled milk and yogurt are another good source that helps degrade it.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2318 on: September 12, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »

Thanks for all of your pointers about septic systems.

I have no idea about the size of the drain field. But the gal who lived here previously told me the name of the service she used to pump out the tank, so when they come out here, I'll inquire. The tank was last pumped out in May 2011 and is scheduled to be pumped again in May 2016. Our county now requires that all septic systems be pumped every 5 years.

I guess I'll just try to relax and use water as I need it and not worry so much.

I do enjoy the fact that we only have to pay for water, not sewer. Sewer charges are higher than water, by far here. We get charged every two months for water, and our bills have averaged $30.00 for two months' usage Wink

Sister, that is so touching about Belle being so kind to Mr. Jenkins! Made me tear up, but in a good way. Dogs are just so darned sweet. BTW, Brandi was prone to fatty growths, had a few in her lifetime. One was near her collar area on her upper back, started out small, got bigger, then eventually kinda disappeared, but there was still a little nub where it had been that remained. The vet was never too worried about the growths, since Brandi was prone to them, although we did keep en eye out on them. I suspect Mr. Jenkins may be the same. Hope he is feeling better after his surgery. How old is he? Somehow I thought he was pretty young, but if he is having teeth extracted, I suspect he is a bit older than I imagined.

I am so very happy Mr. Jenkins has found a place in your heart and home. And Belle's too!

an angelic monkey

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2319 on: September 13, 2014, 05:31:24 AM »

Sister you spread sunshine everywhere even with the animal kingdom.  I credit your goodness and  patience with giving Mr. Jenkins a chance, and by giving Belle, a buddy.

I thought it was a good omen (and still is) when I saw Mr. Jenkin's, halloween, avatar, on Brandi's, breathtaking, backlog of past

I found a beautiful avatar from 2011 and it is like finding a new pair of shoes, only better.

Brandi:  Try taking a Calgon bath.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.