March 19, 2024, 02:52:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021684 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2500 on: January 06, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope everyone's doing well. Continues Prayers for all in need. an angelic monkey

Hope everyone's safe & warm.

Sad morning. Son & girlfriend left to go back home. Had a wonderful visit, even with all the dogs & cats.

WOW it's 2015 where do 2014 go?

Glad you enjoyed the visit, Green Eyes.

Took all the Christmas decorations down and packed them up this past weekend. I miss the lights. The tree in the living room was so nice to look at as I walked through it all the time to go to the kitchen, take the dog out, etc. And the candles in the windows, miss them too. I wish there was another holiday/season where we put lights up during the year. I love seeing them at home and outside on other peoples' homes.

Very cold spell headed our way, hoping everyone stays warm and safe.

Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but Panda graduated from her Basic training class on December 22. She did great. We are continuing to work her on her skills/commands and hubby is in the process of building some agility equipment and we plan on doing some agility training (not for competition) in the Spring. Panda likes having a job to do and has more energy to burn than our Golden (Brandi) did. She keeps us busy with making sure she is mentally and physically challenged. But she sure has turned into a happy dog!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2501 on: January 06, 2015, 05:26:08 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope everyone's doing well. Continues Prayers for all in need. an angelic monkey

Sad morning. Son & girlfriend left to go back home. Had a wonderful visit, even with all the dogs & cats.

Took all the Christmas decorations down and packed them up this past weekend. I miss the lights. The tree in the living room was so nice to look at as I walked through it all the time to go to the kitchen, take the dog out, etc. And the candles in the windows, miss them too. I wish there was another holiday/season where we put lights up during the year. I love seeing them at home and outside on other peoples' homes.

Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but Panda graduated from her Basic training class on December 22. She did great. We are continuing to work her on her skills/commands and hubby is in the process of building some agility equipment and we plan on doing some agility training (not for competition) in the Spring. Panda likes having a job to do and has more energy to burn than our Golden (Brandi) did. She keeps us busy with making sure she is mentally and physically challenged. But she sure has turned into a happy dog!

That's wonderful news about Panda. Sounds like every one is doing well. You guys are wonderful fur baby parents.

We had a wonderful visit with son and his girl friend. They had a rough trip home with all the ice on the roads. But they made it.

Hope you stay safe & warm with this new cold front coming in.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2502 on: January 07, 2015, 02:08:11 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS MONKEYS ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2014 FROM SCARED MONKEYS … “I Bring You Good News of Great Joy that Will Be for All the People. Today in the Town of David; a Savior has Been Born to You”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2014/12/25/merry-christmas-2014-from-scared-monkeys-i-bring-you-good-news-of-great-joy-that-will-be-for-all-the-people-today-in-the-town-of-david-a-saviour-has-been-born-to-you/

On this special day we would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and for all to always remember the true reason for the season. As you are unwrapping presents, spending time with family, friends and loved ones, eating your dinner and experiencing the joy of this day, always keep in mind the true reason for the season because  on this joyous day …  “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.”

Thanks so much, Red.  This year it was so very hard to remember this holiday was about a little baby being born, which is always a reason to celebrate.  The joy this baby brings is extraordinary.  Christ was fully man and truly God and came to save us from our sins and give us hope.

This year seemed particularly tough.  Like Green Eyes' friend whose brother, the father of two children, passed away, this year during this season, it seemed a particularly tough one for so many people I know.  I always thought this happened more after Christmas.  So many deaths this year happened right before Christmas.  One of my best friends died the Friday before Christmas.  She was with friends and in her own home.  Since she passed in her home, she had to have an autopsy.  She was buried the day after Christmas.  The autopsy showed nothing.  She was the picture of health and did everything we are all supposed to do.  My son's father passed quite some time ago.  She was his last connection to his father.  We did not celebrate Christmas on the 25th, but we did have a low key celebration the weekend after. 

There was just too much that happened this year.  I was happy to shred the 2014 calendar and put up the 2015 one.  The hope and wonder that happens during the Christmas season as we celebrate when our Savior is born and the promises made to us, gave us the strength we needed to be able to put one foot in front of the other and gave us hope for the New Year.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2503 on: January 07, 2015, 02:44:01 AM »

Green Eyes, I am so very sorry to hear about your friend's brother.  My prayers go out for him and for all who love him.

My prayers continue for all monkeys.  I hope you are all in out of the cold.

Sister, I am so happy for you, and glad you are excited about the newest chapter in your life and the hope that comes with it.

Seahorse, I am with you having all of nature going through my yard, as long as they don't take a bite out of anyone.  I might take exception to the overfed groundhog that ate very well at the smorgasbord of my garden.  He got it all!  He was fatter than Obie the 77 pound dachshund, who is now about 50 pounds lighter now that he has his new owner.  Our groundhog looks like the before picture of him.

Brandy, I had a feeling that was a picture of your new house from your description.  It looks really nice.

Four Donks, it is always nice to see your face.  I hope you are battened down for the cold winter that has already started.

TBM, I hope things have settled down in your house and you, your husband, and the boys enjoy your 2015.

Muffy and Klaas, thank you for all you do.  I hope this is a good year for you and your families.

For the rest of the monkeys and those I have forgotten, I wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy, and safe 2015.  You are in my prayers.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2504 on: January 07, 2015, 07:06:37 AM »

Afternoon every one. Hope every one had a wonderful Christmas. Found out that youngest son and his girlfriend will be here tomorrow to spend a week with us. Should be interesting as he is bringing his two dogs a basset hound and his hound dog.  Wondering how they are going to get along with granddaughters two healers. On top of the cats.  I might have do some of this before the week is done.

Oh boy! Where will you be staying?   

How is your brother feeling?  I hope the surgery really helped him.

What kind of hound dog?

How did it go?

I think it would be fun to stay at your home for a while and watch what happens.  You are well loved by your family.  It is so nice that you have so many members of your family that want to be near you.  You are blessed and so are they.

My oldest son got engaged for Christmas!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2505 on: January 07, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »

Morning Monkeys

It was a very long 2014 for us, yet very short in our every day lives.  My Father spent most of July until the end of November in the hospital, that means so did I.  He finally got the surgery he needed and is well.  He is better and stronger than he has been in more than 10 years.  The big problem is they are treating him like he is an invalid and don't let him out of bed for much time.  He is bored and tries to get out of bed himself.  He got hurt the other day.  I am hoping to get him into Rehab somewhere else.  Mom has been in the hospital several times this year, also.  She always chooses a different hospital than my Dad and that makes it tough.

Cubby has applied to college.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 08:30:45 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2506 on: January 07, 2015, 09:22:08 AM »

Morning Monkeys

There are many people here who leave the candles in their windows all year.  It looks really elegant.  You have the perfect house for it.  

There are some people who have lights outside for most of the time, too.  They change out all the bulbs but the red and white for Valentine's Day, change to green for St. Patrick's Day, they put up spring colors for Easter and have eggs in the trees, they put up red, white, and blue for all of the patriotic holidays, and orange or orange and black for Halloween.

It is bitter cold here.  I had to put a new heat pump in this year, I hope it is a good one.  I cannot imagine fighting this weather without heat.  I hope your heat is working well, too.

Congratulations, Panda.  Good luck with the rest of your training.  What kind of jobs does Panda do?

I hope your agility training does for you what you want it to.  How is your back feeling?  Do you still have a lot of pain?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:52:22 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2507 on: January 09, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »

Was it something that I said?

I believe in miracles!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2508 on: January 09, 2015, 08:00:41 PM »

I still love ya Bearly! 

Been busy here - between Xmas and oldest home for break, I managed to partially tear my achillies. The doc is waiting on surgery until we try some PT. I have been going 3 times a week which sucks up the time. Weather has been cold and yucky and I am not impressed having to hoble everywhere! 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2509 on: January 09, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »

I still love ya Bearly! 

Been busy here - between Xmas and oldest home for break, I managed to partially tear my achillies. The doc is waiting on surgery until we try some PT. I have been going 3 times a week which sucks up the time. Weather has been cold and yucky and I am not impressed having to hoble everywhere! 

Thanks, Mom!  It must be good to have him home.  Didn't you tear something else not too long ago?  That must be really painful!  It's not a place that you can hold still.  What happened?  I am not a fan of bitter cold weather, either.  It must be even harder on your foot with this weather.

You are a Mom to young children, so maybe you can relate.  I cannot imagine the added stress our kids must feel growing up today.  I went out to eat with Cubby.  It was a steakhouse, so, it was even lower key than places we usually eat, lights are lower, etc.  We were in the middle of the room, not close to the door, and our waitress was close to the door when a young lady came in.  The girls saw each other, put their arms out to each other and embraced with quiet squeals.  I smiled, remembering the feeling that came with being young and seeing someone I missed coming through the door.  I saw Cubby suddenly grab the back of his head and duck into the booth, then come back up.  I asked him if he dropped something.  He said, no I heard the girls screaming behind me (they were not loud).  Now, again having grown up in the last century, I said, oh, did you think it was a mouse?  He said, no, I thought somebody had a gun.  So, sad to be always on high alert.  He does not play violent games or watch violent TV shows or movies.  Unfortunately, as sad as this was, it tickled my funny bone in the worst way and I could not stop laughing, which made him also become unable to control his laughter.  For him, it was relief that everything was okay and after hearing his description, it was the same for me.  Unfortunately my son laughs when he is nervous, he calls it laughing inappropriately and if something is serious and he laughs, he explains it to others so they are not hurt.  Honestly, you laugh or go crazy.

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2510 on: January 10, 2015, 06:18:42 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Wishing you all a happy healthy new year!

an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2511 on: January 10, 2015, 06:35:47 AM »

How could it ever be 'something you said' dear sweet bearly?!
You are often in my thoughts and I am silently rooting for you and wondering about you
whenever I come to SM and at other times as well.  Perhaps I shouldn't be so quiet.

Sincerely, wishing you a better year than the one left behind.  Also that your load is lifted and you have some 'bearly' time.

May your daddy's improved health continue.   an angelic monkey 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2512 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:36 AM »

Sister
Hope you are settling into your home and enjoy your retired life. 
How are the dogs adjusting to their new environment?
Enjoy, my friend.
  an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2513 on: January 10, 2015, 06:47:04 AM »

GE
Hope you are getting in some nice rest time after the busy holiday season.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2514 on: January 10, 2015, 08:42:11 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Wishing you all a happy healthy new year!

an angelic monkey

Happy new year to you too, can!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2515 on: January 10, 2015, 08:56:49 AM »

I still love ya Bearly! 

Thanks, Mom!  It must be good to have him home.  Didn't you tear something else not too long ago?  That must be really painful!  It's not a place that you can hold still.  What happened?  I am not a fan of bitter cold weather, either.  It must be even harder on your foot with this weather.

You are a Mom to young children, so maybe you can relate.  I cannot imagine the added stress our kids must feel growing up today.  I went out to eat with Cubby.  It was a steakhouse, so, it was even lower key than places we usually eat, lights are lower, etc.  We were in the middle of the room, not close to the door, and our waitress was close to the door when a young lady came in.  The girls saw each other, put their arms out to each other and embraced with quiet squeals.  I smiled, remembering the feeling that came with being young and seeing someone I missed coming through the door.  I saw Cubby suddenly grab the back of his head and duck into the booth, then come back up.  I asked him if he dropped something.  He said, no I heard the girls screaming behind me (they were not loud).  Now, again having grown up in the last century, I said, oh, did you think it was a mouse?  He said, no, I thought somebody had a gun.  So, sad to be always on high alert.  He does not play violent games or watch violent TV shows or movies.  Unfortunately, as sad as this was, it tickled my funny bone in the worst way and I could not stop laughing, which made him also become unable to control his laughter.  For him, it was relief that everything was okay and after hearing his description, it was the same for me.  Unfortunately my son laughs when he is nervous, he calls it laughing inappropriately and if something is serious and he laughs, he explains it to others so they are not hurt.  Honestly, you laugh or go crazy.

It is sad that our kids have to be afraid so much. I feel bad for him but glad you could make him laugh!

You remember correctly, I injured my hamstring about 9 months or so ago - that has healed well. Perhaps I am too old to do Tang Soo Do?  Nah. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2516 on: January 12, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »

Finally on line again.

Will update soon -- all is well!

Prayers continue to all the precious monkeys~

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2517 on: January 13, 2015, 07:25:10 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2518 on: January 13, 2015, 07:28:15 PM »

How could it ever be 'something you said' dear sweet bearly?!
You are often in my thoughts and I am silently rooting for you and wondering about you
whenever I come to SM and at other times as well.  Perhaps I shouldn't be so quiet.

Sincerely, wishing you a better year than the one left behind.  Also that your load is lifted and you have some 'bearly' time.

May your daddy's improved health continue.   an angelic monkey 

Thanks, can.  I was just wondering where everyone was.  You could hear the wind blowing through the rafters in here.  It was more like Halloween than a celebration of holidays.

I am trying to hold things together where my Parents live, but it is hard to do this when there are people who do not tell the truth and the language they use when talking to the residents is obnoxious.

Happy New Year to you and all the Monkeys!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2519 on: January 13, 2015, 07:41:29 PM »

I still love ya Bearly! 

It is sad that our kids have to be afraid so much. I feel bad for him but glad you could make him laugh!

You remember correctly, I injured my hamstring about 9 months or so ago - that has healed well. Perhaps I am too old to do Tang Soo Do?  Nah. 

Nah.  You are only as old as you feel.

Too many lock down drills and other things that should not touch childhood.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.