March 19, 2024, 12:00:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021645 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2540 on: January 21, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »

Sister
Please remember my family in your prayers.  Thank you.

My brother had another stroke on Sunday.  Unsure when he will be released from hospital, but I spoke with him yesterday and he is walking w a walker so no paralysis there.  He has been worried sick about his daughter who is in end stage kidney failure.  My niece lives near me and I took her Friday to her appointment @ chronic kidney disease clinic where she received information on hemodialysis, and the preparations leading up to it. 
My niece failed to have the blood work done per her previous appointment and seems incapable of taking responsibility of any kind.  Goodness know if she is giving herself the injections she is supposed to take in conjunction  w/iron pills for anemia.  She says she is.
She is an alcoholic.  It is a heartbreaking sorry mess.

Can Prayers headed your way. an angelic monkey for you & your family. It is hard to watch loved ones when they are on the road of self destruction. Like TBM said all you can do is be there when she ask. Until she wants to get help there isn't any thing you can do. It's sad and hard as heck to watch.  One of my nieces was on that path just about destroyed her life and her sons and my brother. I can say with a happy heart she got help and still struggles with it. But she is still with us and her, her son & my brother are all doing well. 

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.  an angelic monkey

Thank you so much beautiful green eyes!  I am glad your niece got help and her family is still intact. 
We went to a vascular surgeon Monday and her veins were checked and they are suitable for an access site for her dialysis lines.  That day surgery is booked for Jan 30th. 
My brother is still in hospital from his stroke.  He developed infection in kidneys and has been very sick.  They have changed his kidney tube so hoping that will help and the infection will clear.  He lives so far away so we haven't been able to see him.
I'm taking my Mom out of town today to lunch with a 3rd cousin and her Dad, so that will be a pleasant relief for us.
Boy am I grateful that I am strong enough to do these things. 
Glad you and hubs have recovered from your nasty bout of flu. 
Take care of yourself GE.    an angelic monkey

and would you kindly pass my regards to JSM.

One step forward Can. That is great news for your niece. My heart goes out to you being so far away from your brother at this time. Prayers he over comes this set back in his recovery. an angelic monkey

Happy to hear you & your mom will have an happy outing to help relieve some of the worry & stress. Continued prayers for you & your family. Enjoy your day out.

Thank you for the kind words. We are getting better each day. I will be sure to tell JSM you send your regards. Her & CC got their annulments done so the can marry in the church. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2541 on: January 21, 2015, 05:03:39 PM »

Sister

My brother had another stroke on Sunday.  Unsure when he will be released from hospital, but I spoke with him yesterday and he is walking w a walker so no paralysis there.  He has been worried sick about his daughter who is in end stage kidney failure.  My niece lives near me and I took her Friday to her appointment @ chronic kidney disease clinic where she received information on hemodialysis, and the preparations leading up to it. 
My niece failed to have the blood work done per her previous appointment and seems incapable of taking responsibility of any kind.  Goodness know if she is giving herself the injections she is supposed to take in conjunction  w/iron pills for anemia.  She says she is.

Can Prayers headed your way. an angelic monkey for you & your family. It is hard to watch loved ones when they are on the road of self destruction. Like TBM said all you can do is be there when she ask. Until she wants to get help there isn't any thing you can do. It's sad and hard as heck to watch.  One of my nieces was on that path just about destroyed her life and her sons and my brother. I can say with a happy heart she got help and still struggles with it. But she is still with us and her, her son & my brother are all doing well. 

Thank you so much beautiful green eyes!  I am glad your niece got help and her family is still intact. 
We went to a vascular surgeon Monday and her veins were checked and they are suitable for an access site for her dialysis lines.  That day surgery is booked for Jan 30th. 
My brother is still in hospital from his stroke.  He developed infection in kidneys and has been very sick.  They have changed his kidney tube so hoping that will help and the infection will clear.  He lives so far away so we haven't been able to see him.
I'm taking my Mom out of town today to lunch with a 3rd cousin and her Dad, so that will be a pleasant relief for us.

One step forward Can. That is great news for your niece. My heart goes out to you being so far away from your brother at this time. Prayers he over comes this set back in his recovery. an angelic monkey

Happy to hear you & your mom will have an happy outing to help relieve some of the worry & stress. Continued prayers for you & your family. Enjoy your day out.

Thank you for the kind words. We are getting better each day. I will be sure to tell JSM you send your regards. Her & CC got their annulments done so the can marry in the church. 

Where is CC & JCM?  I miss them 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2542 on: January 23, 2015, 08:38:42 PM »

<snipped>

I don't have contact with them, but I see neither has posted on SM for almost a year. (Last posts for each was in Feb. 2014.)

Maybe someone else can answer better for you seahorse.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2543 on: January 24, 2015, 08:20:23 AM »

<snipped>

I don't have contact with them, but I see neither has posted on SM for almost a year. (Last posts for each was in Feb. 2014.)

They are both busy - getting ready to get married in the Church now that CC has his annulment.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2544 on: January 25, 2015, 07:03:19 AM »

<snipped>

They are both busy - getting ready to get married in the Church now that CC has his annulment.

Thank-you Brandi and Boyzmom!

Brandi - will you create a "little monkey groom and monkey bride" as a tribute to our missing monkey family members?  Thank-you, God Bless.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2545 on: January 25, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »

<snipped>

Brandi - will you create a "little monkey groom and monkey bride" as a tribute to our missing monkey family members?  Thank-you, God Bless.

Already made one, back when they first got married. Along with a hundred other wedding-related ones. LOL

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2546 on: January 25, 2015, 03:02:03 PM »

<snipped>

Already made one, back when they first got married. Along with a hundred other wedding-related ones. LOL

Adorable!  Thank-you for posting the vintage avatar.  Can you post the hundred other wedding-related avatars? Or could you please direct me if possible where I may view the others?  See I think it would be easier if you just had you Avatar Museum

We should have a wedding celebration! 
Can you throw in  a few fireworks, with the bride and bridegroom, in the avatar?  Remember you added Fireworks on Popeye on the 4th of July?  Thank-you!

A Blizzard is coming through tomorrow, if you don't hear from me, pray.  We are expecting two feet of snow, or maybe more.  I am feeding the birds suet, cooking suet
and baking corn bread for them.   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2547 on: January 25, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »

<snipped>

Adorable!  Thank-you for posting the vintage avatar.  Can you post the hundred other wedding-related avatars? Or could you please direct me if possible where I may view the others?  See I think it would be easier if you just had you Avatar Museum

Can you throw in  a few fireworks, with the bride and bridegroom, in the avatar?  Remember you added Fireworks on Popeye on the 4th of July?  Thank-you!

A Blizzard is coming through tomorrow, if you don't hear from me, pray.  We are expecting two feet of snow, or maybe more.  I am feeding the birds suet, cooking suet

Here's one with fireworks for you, seahorse.

I am afraid I cannot direct you to just JSM and CC's designs I made, since they are interspersed throughout all the avatars in my thread. I also created some and posted them in this thread, years ago!

Be safe and warm in the weather headed your way! So good of you to think of the birds. We buy birdseed at Sams Club that birds seem to really love. Not sure of the brand, but they always have had excellent bird food.

I'll be looking for you to post so we know you are fine!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2548 on: January 25, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »

<snipped>

I am afraid I cannot direct you to just JSM and CC's designs I made, since they are interspersed throughout all the avatars in my thread. I also created some and posted them in this thread, years ago!

Be safe and warm in the weather headed your way! So good of you to think of the birds. We buy birdseed at Sams Club that birds seem to really love. Not sure of the brand, but they always have had excellent bird food.

Brandi!

The wedding firework's, LOL, Thank-you! so cool.  I hope Boyzmom, will tell CC & JSM. Thank-you, for your time, talent, and goodness Smile

The worse part of the  Blizzard will be Monday, night, into Tuesday, AM, that almost sounds like good news.

The Blizzard will gradually improve during Tuesday, afternoon. 

Thank-you, Brandi, for the seed information.  I offer Salflower and Sunflower seeds, I tried wild bird seed, but someone takes the corn out, eats the sunflower seeds and then leave the canary seed, the culprit is usually the Squirrel. All birds and squirrel's love cornbread.  I make it from scratch, sometimes, and also use the Jiffy Cornbread muffin mix, which is quicker, no measuring baking powder or flour. 

I will hop on the computer, Wednesday, if I can't for any reason, I will sent a cyber hug.  I will browse through your collection and look for CC's & JSM's, design's, you made.

I live for silliness 

Thank-you, Brandi, for making my day with the wedding fireworks.  Thank-you for all your designs. 

Toot, Toot!
Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2549 on: January 26, 2015, 01:13:27 AM »

<snipped>

Brandi!

The wedding firework's, LOL, Thank-you! so cool.  I hope Boyzmom, will tell CC & JSM. Thank-you, for your time, talent, and goodness Smile

The worse part of the  Blizzard will be Monday, night, into Tuesday, AM, that almost sounds like good news.

Thank-you, Brandi, for the seed information.  I offer Salflower and Sunflower seeds, I tried wild bird seed, but someone takes the corn out, eats the sunflower seeds and then leave the canary seed, the culprit is usually the Squirrel. All birds and squirrel's love cornbread.  I make it from scratch, sometimes, and also use the Jiffy Cornbread muffin mix, which is quicker, no measuring baking powder or flour. 

I will hop on the computer, Wednesday, if I can't for any reason, I will sent a cyber hug.  I will browse through your collection and look for CC's & JSM's, design's, you made.

I live for silliness 

Thank-you, Brandi, for making my day with the wedding fireworks.  Thank-you for all your designs. 

Toot, Toot!
Seahorse
    Green Eyes and I will be attending the wedding this coming Saturday, 1-31 unless the weather turns really bad............We have problems navigating over to the Dallas area, mainly because I get us lost every time with the crazy construction and highway markings going on in North Texas, but CC & JSM are accustomed to the two of us being late anytime we are meeting up with them.  Will give them all your congrats & love.      
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2550 on: January 27, 2015, 02:31:33 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

Brandi!

The storm made an early exit.  Good grief.   

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2551 on: January 27, 2015, 03:49:20 PM »

Hello Monkeys,

Brandi!

So, an early exit is good, no?

Glad to see you are posting; how much did you get?

I woke up to everything white this morning in VA! Probably 1-1½". It has been around 36° here today, so most of it has melted! It was beautiful while it lasted, and the perfect snow for me. Enjoyable to look at for a few hours, and gone by the afternoon! LOL

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2552 on: January 28, 2015, 01:25:08 AM »

<snipped>

Where is CC & JCM?  I miss them  

Brandi - will you create a "little monkey groom and monkey bride" as a tribute to our missing monkey family members?  Thank-you, God Bless.

Adorable!  Thank-you for posting the vintage avatar.  Can you post the hundred other wedding-related avatars? Or could you please direct me if possible where I may view the others?  See I think it would be easier if you just had you Avatar Museum

Can you throw in  a few fireworks, with the bride and bridegroom, in the avatar?  Remember you added Fireworks on Popeye on the 4th of July?  Thank-you!

A Blizzard is coming through tomorrow, if you don't hear from me, pray.  We are expecting two feet of snow, or maybe more.  I am feeding the birds suet, cooking suet

Brandi!

The wedding firework's, LOL, Thank-you! so cool.  I hope Boyzmom, will tell CC & JSM. Thank-you, for your time, talent, and goodness Smile

The worse part of the  Blizzard will be Monday, night, into Tuesday, AM, that almost sounds like good news.

Thank-you, Brandi, for the seed information.  I offer Salflower and Sunflower seeds, I tried wild bird seed, but someone takes the corn out, eats the sunflower seeds and then leave the canary seed, the culprit is usually the Squirrel. All birds and squirrel's love cornbread.  I make it from scratch, sometimes, and also use the Jiffy Cornbread muffin mix, which is quicker, no measuring baking powder or flour.  

I will hop on the computer, Wednesday, if I can't for any reason, I will sent a cyber hug.  I will browse through your collection and look for CC's & JSM's, design's, you made.

I live for silliness  

Thank-you, Brandi, for making my day with the wedding fireworks.  Thank-you for all your designs.  

Toot, Toot!
Seahorse
  Green Eyes and I will be attending the wedding this coming Saturday, 1-31 unless the weather turns really bad............We have problems navigating over to the Dallas area, mainly because I get us lost every time with the crazy construction and highway markings going on in North Texas, but CC & JSM are accustomed to the two of us being late anytime we are meeting up with them.  Will give them all your congrats & love.      

I am so glad you are going to be there.  I want to go so badly, her Mom was kind enough to open her house to me.  I want to attend so badly, but I am chicken.  I have only been on an airplane once and with the winter weather, I am afraid to go.  I have been kicking myself for months.  I need Babs or GE to come and knock me out and take me.  I wish I wasn't so chicken.  Everything that has happened this past year has been full of bad luck, I am afraid to take the chance.  I have been waiting for someone to bring up that they were going for me to spill my guts.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:27:24 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2553 on: January 28, 2015, 01:35:23 AM »

Hello Monkeys,

Brandi!

I woke up to everything white this morning in VA! Probably 1-1½". It has been around 36° here today, so most of it has melted! It was beautiful while it lasted, and the perfect snow for me. Enjoyable to look at for a few hours, and gone by the afternoon! LOL

No school here Tuesday, only 1/2 day on Monday.  The black ice is horrible.  Pain is atrocious.  Everyone who is affected, please be careful.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2554 on: January 28, 2015, 05:13:02 AM »

Sister

Glad to hear you are feeling better every day.  Thrilled to hear that JSM and CC will be marrying in the church this weekend.  Hope you and Babs have a safe journey (and don't get lost along the way, as Babs mentioned) to the wedding. 

On a happy note, my brother is home from the hospital.   

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2555 on: January 28, 2015, 05:17:58 AM »

<snipped>

Brandi!

I live for silliness 

Toot, Toot!
Seahorse
    Green Eyes and I will be attending the wedding this coming Saturday, 1-31 unless the weather turns really bad............We have problems navigating over to the Dallas area, mainly because I get us lost every time with the crazy construction and highway markings going on in North Texas, but CC & JSM are accustomed to the two of us being late anytime we are meeting up with them.  Will give them all your congrats & love.      

Have a wonderful time at the wedding.   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2556 on: January 28, 2015, 05:22:42 AM »

Hello Monkeys,

Brandi!

No school here Tuesday, only 1/2 day on Monday.  The black ice is horrible.  Pain is atrocious.  Everyone who is affected, please be careful.

Black ice is very scary.  Hope you can avoid it, by staying home. 

So sorry you could not find a way to get to CC and JSM's wedding.  A greyhound bus, or something...
I know you will be there in spirit.   an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2557 on: January 28, 2015, 05:26:33 AM »

Sister, how are you getting on?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
 an angelic monkey
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2558 on: January 28, 2015, 06:23:11 AM »

Hello Monkeys,

Brandi!

Black ice is very scary.  Hope you can avoid it, by staying home. 

So sorry you could not find a way to get to CC and JSM's wedding.  A greyhound bus, or something...
I know you will be there in spirit.   an angelic monkey

Hi Monkey's,

Brandi,

YES!  The early exit is great news.  I have so many headaches preparing for an "imagery" blizzard.  Prayers pushed it away.

Brandi, could you please (if you have time) add some eyes, ears, or monkey tails, to the wedding couple with the fireworks?

Not everyone can make to the wedding, and some of us were not invited, I guess we would stink up the Church 

What I am trying to ask is can you please make dots or spots, to show all of us celebrating CC & JSM's, wedding?

You are amazing!

Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2559 on: January 28, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »

Hi Monkey's,

Brandi,

YES!  The early exit is great news.  I have so many headaches preparing for an "imagery" blizzard.  Prayers pushed it away.

Brandi, could you please (if you have time) add some eyes, ears, or monkey tails, to the wedding couple with the fireworks?

Not everyone can make to the wedding, and some of us were not invited, I guess we would stink up the Church 

What I am trying to ask is can you please make dots or spots, to show all of us celebrating CC & JSM's, wedding?

You are amazing!

Seahorse

<snipped>
I guess this is kinda sorta what you are asking for, seahorse?

...and you smell just fine from here, seahorse!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.