March 19, 2024, 03:56:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021703 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2013, 11:20:13 PM »

Cubbie donated blood to the Red Cross this week.  I am so proud of him.  We had to wait a little bit afterwards because he was quite pale.  I think he sat up too quickly afterwards, I should have warned him about that.  The last time the nurse was afraid to have him donate because he could not understand the questions, and she would not let me help him because it is supposed to be confidential.

This time, when they called for me to donate, I explained about my son and asked if I could help him with the questions because he has autism.  The woman on the phone said yes, but I remember how much trouble we had last time and asked her to ask her supervisor to make sure.  She did and everything was set up.  Well, when we got there, I was NOT allowed to help him with the questions.  Apparently the people who call are some people from an ad agency or something like that, and even the supervisor did not belong to the Red Cross.

The nurse said she would try and see what she could do.  She had upset him so much the last time, I think she must have just been new, that he got really scared in the middle of the questions, not understanding what she was saying.  This time, she was much calmer, and we were answering questions next to each other, and if I would hear a question repeated, I would shake my head yes or no and she put the answer in.  She did not do this many times, but some of the diseases they ask you about anyone in your family having, have very confusing names and I have not heard of them before.

I am so proud of him for sticking with it and giving blood!!!  (No pun intended!)

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2013, 11:49:23 PM »

Caddy, I hope you are enjoying Chubby and the Criminal and can't wait to hear more stories.

Babybear, I had a feeling that the little something something you were hiding had to do with romance, and was dying to know.   

Can, I hope things slow down for you soon, and you can have some time for you and hubby.  How is your family?

Brandi, I enjoy seeing all of your beautiful visions cross the screen.  I really enjoyed you telling Sister's story in pictures.

Cookie, good luck with your beautiful pooches and have fun on all your trips.  What a big family you have.  It's great that you get along!

GE, I hope things aren't getting too warm for you down there and you are having fun with all the family that stops by.

JSM and CC, I hope things ARE getting too warm for you and that's why you can't stop by so often.

Muffy, I miss seeing your face, I mean, hearing your buzz, as much when I come through here.   

Babs, how do you manage to keep all the cats hydrated in this weather?  Is the man next door still shooting at them?

We are waiting for some cats to be trapped in a house, there is a vet in New Jersey who is going to take care of them.  They belong to someone's cousin and she has cancer and will not be able to return home to them.     She cannot even remember how many she has 3 or 4.  We captured squirrels in our attic, it looks like one Mom and 3 or 4 babies.

TBM, what fun things have the boys been occupied with this summer?  I bet you have tons of wash to do that tells the tales of great summer adventures.

4Donks, you have been on my mind so  much since you have been diagnosed, and each thought contains several prayers.  I am so happy you are finished the nightmare of treatment and am so impressed by the battle you waged.

Sister, I have been worried about you and how many times you have not been feeling well lately.  I am so happy Belle is home where she belongs and that you are getting a little time with your sister when you go away.  I hope you take some time out for yourself.  Like I said, I have been concerned with you and how many times you have not felt well.

Trimmy, I miss the heck out of you and wish I could visit.

Everyone else, please take care in this warm weather and with all the crazy accidents and weather that has been moving through the US and to our friends elsewhere.  Please, be safe!

For our 2 friends who are no longer with us, summer reminds me so very much of you. 
Peaches, I miss your indomitable spirit and your courage, bravery, and love.
2NJ, this weather and walks through the Jersey sand remind me of you and your fight against anyone who would hurt or take advantage of another person.

Take care!
Bearly

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2013, 12:37:53 AM »

Brandi, is it possible for you to make a handcuffed perp monkey that we can put up with the emoticons, when you have some time?  Please?

an angelic monkey

Not sure it would be appropriate to put handcuffs on a monkey!

We're all law-abiding, right? Wink

Here's a set of handcuffs if you like: 

Maybe, BT, had something else in mind? 
I feel free to say this, because BT has a unique sense of humor. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2013, 12:41:19 AM »

Babybear, congrats on your new romance/love life!

I must tell you that an age spread can work out very well. My husband is 13 years younger than I and we couldn't be happier. Been together since 1997 (in a long distance relationship until 1999) and got married in 2001.

Best wishes for your continued happiness!

My great-granny was seven years older than her husband (second marriage).

They had a successful marriage and I suspect they bought out the best in one another Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: July 07, 2013, 12:58:44 AM »

Brandi, is it possible for you to make a handcuffed perp monkey that we can put up with the emoticons, when you have some time?  Please?

an angelic monkey

I am being misunderstood all over the place, maybe that shot did more harm than I thought.  I am not trying to hurt honest monkeys.  In fact, the suggestion I made was to do just the opposite.

It was hard for me to get used to at first, Brandi, but if you look around, we live in Monkey-land here and all of the important props are Monkeys.  For example, monkeys get popped out of jack-in-the-boxes, poke each others with sticks, stick their tongues out at each other, and other things.  All monkeys are not good, we have had some doozies that have passed through here.  I thought they represented the outside world, too, not just those who live/have lived in the cage.

The reason I suggested it was because I noticed a lot of people using the hanging Monkey, I thought a perp-walk was better than a hanging.  Hangings, to me, have the connotation of conviction without a fair trial and can have other connotations to other people.  Every time I see it, it makes me flinch.

To another Monkey, I merely said, "I think we need a pair of handcuffs/a handcuffed perp, either one."  The other person responded, they liked the idea of a "perp monkey."  I then asked you if you could do it, hoping to see the handcuffed perp as a less-lethal choice.  I did not talk to the other person about hangings vs. cuffed, that is something I battle with in my own head.

So, to clarify, we live in a monkey world and the emoticons seen here, except if they represent a particular person--like Joran, etc. represent some generic Monkey/person and that is all I was asking for, not a bunch of innocent monkeys getting hurt or some monkey erotica.

I think both of us are being a little misunderstood. LOL

I went through all 443(!) of my monkey guys that I designed and uploaded to my photobucket account and every single one of them (besides one, which is a monkey in a jail cell, saying, "I didn't do it!") has been a positive, happy monkey on the right side of the law. Wink

Here's one as an example: with handcuffs!

I appreciate you and Klaas thinking of me as a monkey guy designer, but I'd like to keep the ones I design reflecting the good we as monkeys possess.

I do hate turning down requests, but I believe you will understand my feelings.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: July 07, 2013, 01:05:17 AM »

Brandi - I suggested to Bearly she ask if you could do a "handcuffed/perp monkey".  You are so good and right now (because of my Bell's Palsy) my vision isn't as good as it should be and it's hard to concentrate.  As a matter of fact, I figured you probably already made one, you've made so many cute ones!

Klaas, thanks for thinking of me and for your compliments of my monkey guy designs! You were close, I had uploaded these a long time ago to my photobucket account. LOL

I do hope your Bell's Palsy is temporary and that you get well very soon! I had no idea you were suffering from this.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: July 07, 2013, 01:13:37 AM »

I must tell you that an age spread can work out very well. My husband is 13 years younger than I and we couldn't be happier. Been together since 1997 (in a long distance relationship until 1999) and got married in 2001.

That's lovely.  Did you meet on line?

Indeed, we did. We met in the help channel I run on IRC. He came in to see if he could help others and we got to know each other. Neither of us was looking for a relationship, but apparently the cosmos had other plans for us. Wink

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: July 07, 2013, 01:59:41 AM »

Bearly, thank you so much for thinking of me.  Yes, I have been sick often and I know it is because I am tired.  This last year with the passing of my dear Mother and George getting cancer has taken a toll on me.  When I am tired, I get sick.  Going for a physical in the next couple of weeks --
You are such a dear for thinking of me.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #348 on: July 07, 2013, 09:21:08 AM »

Indeed, we did. We met in the help channel I run on IRC. He came in to see if he could help others and we got to know each other. Neither of us was looking for a relationship, but apparently the cosmos had other plans for us. Wink

I love on line meeting stories - and agree with Brandi on the age difference. My hubs is 11 years older than me. We lived around the corner from each other after our divorces but met online - neither was looking for a relationship but when we met it was love at first sight. 11 years (almost) later and we could not be happier. Love happy endings for all of us monkeys!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #349 on: July 07, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »

an angelic monkey

I am being misunderstood all over the place, maybe that shot did more harm than I thought.  I am not trying to hurt honest monkeys.  In fact, the suggestion I made was to do just the opposite.

It was hard for me to get used to at first, Brandi, but if you look around, we live in Monkey-land here and all of the important props are Monkeys.  For example, monkeys get popped out of jack-in-the-boxes, poke each others with sticks, stick their tongues out at each other, and other things.  All monkeys are not good, we have had some doozies that have passed through here.  I thought they represented the outside world, too, not just those who live/have lived in the cage.

The reason I suggested it was because I noticed a lot of people using the hanging Monkey, I thought a perp-walk was better than a hanging.  Hangings, to me, have the connotation of conviction without a fair trial and can have other connotations to other people.  Every time I see it, it makes me flinch.

To another Monkey, I merely said, "I think we need a pair of handcuffs/a handcuffed perp, either one."  The other person responded, they liked the idea of a "perp monkey."  I then asked you if you could do it, hoping to see the handcuffed perp as a less-lethal choice.  I did not talk to the other person about hangings vs. cuffed, that is something I battle with in my own head.

So, to clarify, we live in a monkey world and the emoticons seen here, except if they represent a particular person--like Joran, etc. represent some generic Monkey/person and that is all I was asking for, not a bunch of innocent monkeys getting hurt or some monkey erotica.

I went through all 443(!) of my monkey guys that I designed and uploaded to my photobucket account and every single one of them (besides one, which is a monkey in a jail cell, saying, "I didn't do it!") has been a positive, happy monkey on the right side of the law. Wink

I appreciate you and Klaas thinking of me as a monkey guy designer, but I'd like to keep the ones I design reflecting the good we as monkeys possess.

I understand you!  You refused to put Olive Oyl on Popeyes arm  Smile  I respect your decisions. You are a monkey with a good conscience.  You are fun, and you did not want Brutus to get jealous.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »

I love on line meeting stories - and agree with Brandi on the age difference. My hubs is 11 years older than me. We lived around the corner from each other after our divorces but met online - neither was looking for a relationship but when we met it was love at first sight. 11 years (almost) later and we could not be happier. Love happy endings for all of us monkeys!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2013, 03:09:48 AM »

an angelic monkey

You mean me, bh?    an angelic monkey 

Ask CBB about a pair of furry hot pink handcuffs hanging from a certain Monkey's bedpost.  pssst....You didn't hear it from me.

Maybe the handcuffs we put on the emoticon pages should be pink and fuzzy.  Sort of like this    but the pink fuzzies would be closer together.  Monkey Devil!

I wonder if one Monkey ever gave another Monkey the red smilie emoticon with the finger, located on the second emoticon page...  I think I'm about to find out. 

I am sorry I did not mention you by name, seahorse.  You did go through my mind while I was typing, I just get so distracted by things going on here and have to take breaks even while typing one post!  You, too, are in my prayers.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2013, 03:12:07 AM »

an angelic monkey

I mean this guy:

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

IRC?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: July 08, 2013, 03:24:23 AM »

Bearly, thank you so much for thinking of me.  Yes, I have been sick often and I know it is because I am tired.  This last year with the passing of my dear Mother and George getting cancer has taken a toll on me.  When I am tired, I get sick.  Going for a physical in the next couple of weeks --
You are such a dear for thinking of me.

I hope you follow orders:     and feel better soon! an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: July 08, 2013, 03:27:17 AM »

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: July 08, 2013, 03:48:00 AM »

an angelic monkey

I see what happened.  I was thinking of the emoticons as our monkeys, not a yours as opposed to all the other monkeys.  It got further twisted because I had wanted Klaas to do it, but she is not well enough.  I know you have a lot of other Monkeys to dress, but didn't realize how bad Klaas' eyes were.  She suggested you.

It can wait until later.  I understand where you are coming from now.

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #357 on: July 08, 2013, 05:15:16 AM »

Klaas,

My monkey face knows nothing, (but what I do know) is two people I knew had B.P. and they both recovered, it took a little time.

You will be fine - I have faith that the monkeys are praying for you.

I am praying for you, you will recover, I am confident.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #358 on: July 08, 2013, 05:24:52 AM »

an angelic monkey

You mean me, bh?    an angelic monkey 

Ask CBB about a pair of furry hot pink handcuffs hanging from a certain Monkey's bedpost.  pssst....You didn't hear it from me.

Maybe the handcuffs we put on the emoticon pages should be pink and fuzzy.  Sort of like this    but the pink fuzzies would be closer together.  Monkey Devil!

I wonder if one Monkey ever gave another Monkey the red smilie emoticon with the finger, located on the second emoticon page...  I think I'm about to find out. 

I am sorry I did not mention you by name, seahorse.  You did go through my mind while I was typing, I just get so distracted by things going on here and have to take breaks even while typing one post!  You, too, are in my prayers.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Bearlyhere!

LOL!

Yes, sorry, I did shorten your name-cause it is a touchy subject. LOL!!

Pink fuzzies, how cute.  God Bless you, BT, LOL. Love silliness.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: July 08, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »

IRC?

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. It's real-time internet chat. There are quite a few IRC networks. There are many channels on each network. Channels are like chat rooms. The channel I am in charge of is a help channel. That's where my husband and I met. After all these years, I still run that help channel. And he helps out in it. Helping others keeps us informed and learning new stuff all the time. IRC has lost its wild popularity because of other social sites such as facebook and instant messaging and twitter, but there are still many users and new users joining every day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.