March 19, 2024, 12:07:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021648 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »

Brandi, is it possible for you to make a handcuffed perp monkey that we can put up with the emoticons, when you have some time?  Please?

an angelic monkey

Not sure it would be appropriate to put handcuffs on a monkey!

We're all law-abiding, right? Wink

Here's a set of handcuffs if you like: 

I am being misunderstood all over the place, maybe that shot did more harm than I thought.  I am not trying to hurt honest monkeys.  In fact, the suggestion I made was to do just the opposite.

It was hard for me to get used to at first, Brandi, but if you look around, we live in Monkey-land here and all of the important props are Monkeys.  For example, monkeys get popped out of jack-in-the-boxes, poke each others with sticks, stick their tongues out at each other, and other things.  All monkeys are not good, we have had some doozies that have passed through here.  I thought they represented the outside world, too, not just those who live/have lived in the cage.

The reason I suggested it was because I noticed a lot of people using the hanging Monkey, I thought a perp-walk was better than a hanging.  Hangings, to me, have the connotation of conviction without a fair trial and can have other connotations to other people.  Every time I see it, it makes me flinch.

To another Monkey, I merely said, "I think we need a pair of handcuffs/a handcuffed perp, either one."  The other person responded, they liked the idea of a "perp monkey."  I then asked you if you could do it, hoping to see the handcuffed perp as a less-lethal choice.  I did not talk to the other person about hangings vs. cuffed, that is something I battle with in my own head.

So, to clarify, we live in a monkey world and the emoticons seen here, except if they represent a particular person--like Joran, etc. represent some generic Monkey/person and that is all I was asking for, not a bunch of innocent monkeys getting hurt or some monkey erotica.

I think both of us are being a little misunderstood. LOL

I went through all 443(!) of my monkey guys that I designed and uploaded to my photobucket account and every single one of them (besides one, which is a monkey in a jail cell, saying, "I didn't do it!") has been a positive, happy monkey on the right side of the law. Wink

Here's one as an example: with handcuffs!

I appreciate you and Klaas thinking of me as a monkey guy designer, but I'd like to keep the ones I design reflecting the good we as monkeys possess.

I do hate turning down requests, but I believe you will understand my feelings.

I see what happened.  I was thinking of the emoticons as our monkeys, not a yours as opposed to all the other monkeys.  It got further twisted because I had wanted Klaas to do it, but she is not well enough.  I know you have a lot of other Monkeys to dress, but didn't realize how bad Klaas' eyes were.  She suggested you.

It can wait until later.  I understand where you are coming from now.

I am glad you understand, Bearly.

This is one of the monkey guys I designed Wink

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

hi everyone! i am so far behind on here that I may never catch up..
hope all is well with everyone..my world is groovy..
back from vacation with the clan...
going back to the Ozarks in a few weeks...quieter time this next trip lol.
the dogs are working out so well together. they love each other and sleep with each other ....it turned out so well I can't believe it..Molly treats Lilly like she is her puppy...so sweet...
catching up is soooo hard to do!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2013, 07:18:56 PM »

Klaas,

My monkey face knows nothing, (but what I do know) is two people I knew had B.P. and they both recovered, it took a little time.

You will be fine - I have faith that the monkeys are praying for you.

I am praying for you, you will recover, I am confident.

There are some wonderful You tubes.  I have been watching them for days.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »

the dogs are working out so well together. they love each other and sleep with each other ....it turned out so well I can't believe it..Molly treats Lilly like she is her puppy...so sweet...

Sounds like paradise.

I believe in miracles!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Sounds like paradise.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »

Good to see you, Cookie!

Sounds like you are having a great summer!

You inspired me to design hippie monkey!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »

Lol...very cute Brandy

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »

Thanks all of you.  I am just enjoying my new life.  I still pinch myself. How did I deserve this man?

What I signed in for specifically is to tell Klaas that I had Bell's Palsy years ago.  My husband was an MD, (He's now my late husband)  he took a look and told me I had Bell's Palsy and took me to a Neurologist, who said, "You have Bell's Palsy." I couldn't close one eye completely and he had me put gauze over it to keep dust out and one side of my face was paralyzed.  It lasted several weeks, it went away, and has never come back.  It is scarey and looks strange, but it does go away on it's own.  I did take B12 tablets for it, but I think that was just so I would think I was doing something.

Best wishes all.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2013, 11:58:56 PM »

Thanks all of you.  I am just enjoying my new life.  I still pinch myself. How did I deserve this man?

What I signed in for specifically is to tell Klaas that I had Bell's Palsy years ago.  My husband was an MD, (He's now my late husband)  he took a look and told me I had Bell's Palsy and took me to a Neurologist, who said, "You have Bell's Palsy." I couldn't close one eye completely and he had me put gauze over it to keep dust out and one side of my face was paralyzed.  It lasted several weeks, it went away, and has never come back.  It is scarey and looks strange, but it does go away on it's own.  I did take B12 tablets for it, but I think that was just so I would think I was doing something.

Best wishes all.

First off, congrats on your personal life!  Sounds like you are very happy!

We had a friend coincidentally that had Bell's Palsy just a couple months ago so it was really the first thing I thought when I noticed I had some slight paralysis in my face.  I went to the ER just to be safe and they did a CAT scan even though they were pretty sure it was Bell's.  The ER doc prescribed Prednisone and AntiViral meds.  I can't tolerate Prenisone so I only took the AntiViral meds.  After the first day, I actually got a bit worse but after about 48 hours it stopped getting worse.  I'm getting better very slowly.  Just now starting to get my smile back.  My eye can close some and I have some movement in my eyebrow and face (it is my right side).  It's been about 16 days and I do think that I should be mostly all better in the next couple weeks (crossing fingers) at the rate I'm going. 

Glad you got over yours with flying colors and it didn't come back!  Thanks for telling me about your experience.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2013, 11:58:22 AM »

Klaas,

My monkey face knows nothing, (but what I do know) is two people I knew had B.P. and they both recovered, it took a little time.

Bearlythere,

Is it a virus?  Where does it comes from?  I believe it goes away after a period time.

Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »

Klaas,

Bearlythere,

Is it a virus?  Where does it comes from?  I believe it goes away after a period time.

Thank-you

Do you mean me Bearly-here? 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »

Klaas,

There are some wonderful You tubes.  I have been watching them for days.

Bearlythere,

Is it a virus?  Where does it comes from?  I believe it goes away after a period time.

Thank-you

In any case, this is one of the people I have been following.  She is not a Doctor, just someone who has had a longer case of it, if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitGirl15/videos

« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:17:32 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »

Klaas,

There are some wonderful You tubes.  I have been watching them for days.

Bearlythere,

Is it a virus?  Where does it comes from?  I believe it goes away after a period time.

Thank-you

In any case, this is one of the people I have been following.  She is not a Doctor, just someone who has had a longer case of it, if you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36NnZ95uOYQ

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitGirl15/videos

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »

Thank-you, Bearlyhere 

I recall a customer of mine 9in a clothing store), had the virus, she recovered after a long period of time. The Doctors, told her it would take a year, I believe, in her case, it was accurate.

My beloved, friend, recovered, as well - took a length of time, not sure, exactly, but it was within a year, she is fine now. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2013, 05:21:15 PM »

I've known 4 people that got it.  2 recovered within about a month, the other two took longer one taking nearly a year for full recovery.  I really expect at the rate I'm getting better that I will be mostly better in a couple weeks from now which will be about a month total.  Some people never fully recover. 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »

I've known 4 people that got it.  2 recovered within about a month, the other two took longer one taking nearly a year for full recovery.  I really expect at the rate I'm getting better that I will be mostly better in a couple weeks from now which will be about a month total.  Some people never fully recover. 

Thank-you. 

I see Brandi's little nurse helped you.  Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »

Thank-you. 

LOL

I designed this guy yesterday in case I needed to pull out the big guns Wink

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #377 on: July 10, 2013, 07:33:55 AM »

Thank-you. 

LOL

Hi Monkey's,

Brandi, do you have your cute little doctor with his medical bag, for Klaas? TIA

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2013, 02:00:52 PM »

Thank-you. 

LOL

Hi Monkey's,

Brandi, do you have your cute little doctor with his medical bag, for Klaas? TIA

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2013, 10:06:18 AM »

Good morning everyone,

Hope all is well and hope Brandi doesn't have to pull out the big guns.  That needle is hugggeeeee.

Things with Belle are going good -- still have a lot of reinforcement to do with her.  She is very hard-headed (just like her Momma)!  There will come a day when all of this will "click" with her and that will be wonderful.  Our stress level is so much lesser now and that is a good thing.  She still has a lot of separation anxiety.  I now put her in the kennel when I am gone, but I spend so much of my time home that I can understand why she gets anxious.  She is used to being so close.  She likes her kennel as it is very big -- large enough for her to stand up and turn around, etc.  She often goes in there during the day just to sleep.  Glad I invested in one big enough for a 66 pound dog.

I think I mentioned that Dennis had invited Connie and I to his house for the 4th, which was very kind of him.  After we ate, I took Connie home and I went back.  For the first time in months, we had an opportunity to talk.  Course, I had to initiate the conversation, but so be it.  Anyway, I think we are going to give this relationship another chance.  Like in most breakdowns in relationships, the major problem is communication.  I do a lot of counseling and know this to be a fact.  Money, other people, etc. are not really the issues, communicating about issues is the root of it all.  And it is true, Dennis and I had quit talking -- I was waiting for him to initiate the conversation and he viewed my silence as disinterest.  If this is the way I decide to go, will be taking it slow.  No need to cause each other additional pain if it isn't going to work out (but truth is I broke my crystal ball a long time ago).

George is hanging tough.  Still no pain, which is a blessing and an answer to prayers.  The swelling is however getting worse.  When I was reading about Klaas and her Bells Palsy, they thought at first what was wrong with George.

Connie is much the same.  I just can't get her to "do" anything.  Now that the weather is good, she still won't walk outside, even for a little distance.  She eats ice cream much of the time and won't cook food.  She is just there, waiting for someone to help her.  This is so not like her, she is not trying to get any better and she could.  I just don't know.  I am about 45 minutes away.  Her boys have given up trying to get her to do anything.  It's not a good situation.

Anyway, enough of my belly aching.  Life is good and I am blessed.

Blessings.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.