March 18, 2024, 10:00:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021607 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #500 on: August 12, 2013, 07:20:43 AM »

4Donks - I am so happy that things are good! 

We are having a great time but dear me - the kids are TIRED!  Off to the Magic Kingdom today!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #501 on: August 12, 2013, 07:24:14 AM »

Hi monkeys!

Been overwhelmed with events in my life lately, but think of you all so often.

an angelic monkey

fixed pic
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:28:36 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: August 12, 2013, 07:30:14 AM »

We are having a great time but dear me - the kids are TIRED!  Off to the Magic Kingdom today!

The kids are tired?  What about Mom?!  Nice to hear you're having a great time.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: August 12, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »

So glad to hear your progress 4Donks !!

You are amazingly strong - continued prayers!!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #504 on: August 12, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

Well rats and double rats.  The AC decided to take a dump.  Just stopped blowing cool air. Don't know of the compressor went out or what.  Just had them out to replace some duct work.  Put in a call hopefully they will be out later tonight.  It's only 100 right now. The house is going up by the minute. 

Everytime I scrolled down I thought it said"  "Well rats and double rats.  CC decided to take a dump . . .

Monkey Devil!

That's what it was supposed to say.  It was a slow news day.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #505 on: August 12, 2013, 11:19:18 AM »

Heading to Florida early tomorrow for 6 days of fun at Disney!  Taking my youngest and my two nieces. We are so excited. But it is so early to get up!

Have a wonderful time!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: August 12, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »

Must go today to the vet's office to pick up the mutts' heart worm pills.

Why are they so unbelievably expensive????

I can't imagine having more than two pups?!

It's because they know you will pay that for them.  It's legal robbery.  They even wear a mask.

I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #507 on: August 12, 2013, 11:59:56 AM »

Well rats and double rats.  The AC decided to take a dump.  Just stopped blowing cool air. Don't know of the compressor went out or what.  Just had them out to replace some duct work.  Put in a call hopefully they will be out later tonight.  It's only 100 right now. The house is going up by the minute. 

Everytime I scrolled down I thought it said"  "Well rats and double rats.  CC decided to take a dump . . .

Monkey Devil!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: August 12, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »

Update from this weeks testing at the cancer center.
Tests came back clear of cancer but due to the possibility of recurrence I will be seeing the radiation oncologist or the  Otolaryngologist once a month for 1 year and then they will see how often after they follow me for a year. I still need to gain a minimum of 20 lbs. (good luck with that ). Good news is after the new meds my throat and vocal cords are less swollen so I have a voice. I'm told that it will come and go and sometimes I'll sound like a boy going through puberty with my voice all over the place. This can go on for up to 2 years before it stabilizes. Don't care am happy, happy, happy.
All the fur kids are amazed at this change of voice. They think they are living with multiple people  Monkey Devil!
White count is still low but getting back to normal so soon I can deal with the donks and the barn. God bless my sister for doing it all this time.
As an aside when I finished radiation they gave me my mask...any ideas what I can do with it.

This is wonderful news!  I really needed to hear this.  I know you did too.  I think we all needed some good news, so thank you for providing it.  I am so glad it was you!

Maybe you can wear the mask on here and we can play cops and monkeys.

Glad to hear you have a voice.  The fur kids must be confused. 

That surprises me.  When I go to my friend's apartment, I always disguise my voice in some way when I go in.  Her pup can't see me.  She runs to the door, tail wagging, every time.  (She is wary of new people.  She knows the first thing I do when I come in is to reach for her treat dish and give her two, one at a time.  She knows how to count, she looks for them until she gets the second one.  Then she sits by my feet for the rest of my time there.  If I move, she moves.)  I keep thinking I can fool her.

I am still willing to donate all 20 of those pounds.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: August 12, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

Hey can!  I have missed you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

Well rats and double rats.  The AC decided to take a dump.  Just stopped blowing cool air. Don't know of the compressor went out or what.  Just had them out to replace some duct work.  Put in a call hopefully they will be out later tonight.  It's only 100 right now. The house is going up by the minute.  

Everytime I scrolled down I thought it said"  "Well rats and double rats.  CC decided to take a dump . . .

Monkey Devil!

That's what it was supposed to say.  It was a slow news day.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

Greeneyes.  How are you and the family?  Hope your air conditioner is keeping you comfortable. 

Hi Can, Yes AC is keeping us cool. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »

So glad you are having a good time TBM.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2013, 06:13:41 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

fixed pic

You are in my thoughts and Prayers an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2013, 06:16:36 PM »

Monkey Devil!

OMG Bearly You are so funny. I laughed so hard when I read this.  After 6 hours of dealing with computer tech I needed the laugh. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #515 on: August 14, 2013, 10:00:50 AM »

Tests came back clear of cancer but due to the possibility of recurrence I will be seeing the radiation oncologist or the  Otolaryngologist once a month for 1 year and then they will see how often after they follow me for a year. I still need to gain a minimum of 20 lbs. (good luck with that ). Good news is after the new meds my throat and vocal cords are less swollen so I have a voice. I'm told that it will come and go and sometimes I'll sound like a boy going through puberty with my voice all over the place. This can go on for up to 2 years before it stabilizes. Don't care am happy, happy, happy.
All the fur kids are amazed at this change of voice. They think they are living with multiple people  Monkey Devil!
White count is still low but getting back to normal so soon I can deal with the donks and the barn. God bless my sister for doing it all this time.
As an aside when I finished radiation they gave me my mask...any ideas what I can do with it.

Oh 4Donks, I am so happy for you and even though going once a month will be a pain in the donkey butt, the year will fly by quicker than we want.

I know you are so blessed with a sister who can stand in the gap for you.  What you wrote hit a nerve within me as I am evaluating what I am doing or not doing for my sister Connie.  After the failed driver's test, I sent out an e-mail to my family and have only received one response.  It was from the son who is doing the most for her (getting her groceries on a weekly basis, etc.).  Not one word from the other son, my brother, or my other sister.  I know my sensitivity is high, working with George for the past 25 years and now this last year with cancer.  I guess I am just tired because I see no end in sight with Connie and I am asking myself some hard questions.  I turn 65 Sunday, I wanted to retire but didn't . . . what about my life or lack thereof?  Sorry to be moaning . . .

Again my friend, I am thrilled for you.  Keep on truckin'   

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: August 14, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »

Monkey Devil!

OMG Bearly You are so funny. I laughed so hard when I read this.  After 6 hours of dealing with computer tech I needed the laugh. 

I am so sorry you have computer problems.  I was hoping you found the answer awhile ago when you increased the speed and whatever else you did. 

I think you should move to PA.  The house across the street is for sale and I happen to know she got good computer reception.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: August 14, 2013, 07:24:10 PM »

Tests came back clear of cancer but due to the possibility of recurrence I will be seeing the radiation oncologist or the  Otolaryngologist once a month for 1 year and then they will see how often after they follow me for a year. I still need to gain a minimum of 20 lbs. (good luck with that ). Good news is after the new meds my throat and vocal cords are less swollen so I have a voice. I'm told that it will come and go and sometimes I'll sound like a boy going through puberty with my voice all over the place. This can go on for up to 2 years before it stabilizes. Don't care am happy, happy, happy.
All the fur kids are amazed at this change of voice. They think they are living with multiple people  Monkey Devil!

Oh 4Donks, I am so happy for you and even though going once a month will be a pain in the donkey butt, the year will fly by quicker than we want.

I know you are so blessed with a sister who can stand in the gap for you.  What you wrote hit a nerve within me as I am evaluating what I am doing or not doing for my sister Connie.  After the failed driver's test, I sent out an e-mail to my family and have only received one response.  It was from the son who is doing the most for her (getting her groceries on a weekly basis, etc.).  Not one word from the other son, my brother, or my other sister.  I know my sensitivity is high, working with George for the past 25 years and now this last year with cancer.  I guess I am just tired because I see no end in sight with Connie and I am asking myself some hard questions.  I turn 65 Sunday, I wanted to retire but didn't . . . what about my life or lack thereof?  Sorry to be moaning . . .

Again my friend, I am thrilled for you.  Keep on truckin'  

4Donks is my role model.  You are both so fortunate to have sisters.  That is the one thing in life I have always wanted.  I have friends and relatives who are like sisters, but it is not the same as we do not share the same parents.

Sister, it is always darkest before the dawn.  Keep that in mind as you are traveling what seems to be a very dark path.  When one door closes, you may have to wait in the dark hallway a while until you find a window.  The window is there, you just have not located it yet.

Have you considered counseling for yourself?  I have heard it is not wise to be your own lawyer, I wonder if the same is true for counseling.  I think you could benefit from telling your story to a person who is trained and who you trust with your journey.  You may have to search for the right one.  Also, your sister definitely needs counseling outside of you.  You cannot do it all yourself, you are too close to the situation.  There are things she may want to share with a counselor that she cannot share with her family.  Anyone with pain can benefit from counseling.  It was one of the first things they told me.  

Happy birthday!  I cannot imagine you retiring.  I can never imagine you not wanting to put that extra special touch on a wedding, a funeral, or some special life event.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 07:26:31 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #518 on: August 14, 2013, 08:04:08 PM »

I check in onece in a while to see how 4 Donks and others are doing.  That's great news about your cancer, or absence thereof, 4 Donks.  I do think a lot of healing has to do with attitude, and yours is great.

Also, Sister, I know how frustrating it must be for you with your responsibility for your sister and others.  I have been in a similar position and I know that one person can't do everything, although I, too, tried it for a long time.  IMO, even though you are a trained counselor, your sister needs one who is not emotionally involved with her life as a sister naturally is.  I was only 18 when the entire responsibility for my sister, who had gone blind, was given me even though I had six other brothers and sisters, as well as a mother, who could have helped.  It was tough going to school, working and taking care of her.  In those days there was not State aid as there is now to help out.  She actually did regain her sight after several years and married twice and adopted two children, but in her later life, the problem returned and she was bedridden and blind.  She died a couple of years ago and I was astonished to learn she had never told her children or her husband about the years I took care of her.  In any case, I miss her dearly every day.  Someone said that when one door closes another opens and it is true.  I have no great insight for you except to say that this too shall pass. I did marry a wonderful man, had a very successful marriage, but unfortunately I lost him several years ago. You know about my life now.  I hope those who should take more responsibility do so, but from my own experience, I'd say they won't.  I admire your courage and your compassion.  But speaking frankly, no one is going to help until you say if they don't you will no longer take responsibility for your sister.  It sounds brutal, but believe me, it worked for me.  And her life was much better after other members of the family started helping out.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #519 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

Hey can!  I have missed you!

Hi Bearly,
Thanks, have missed you too!  See you haven't lost your sense of humour.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.