March 19, 2024, 12:41:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1021655 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: September 23, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Babs - Hope it is not still in the 90's.  I've had to have the heat on here!

G. E.  So glad you enjoyed your visit.  Now pamper yourself a bit, you hear!  Thanks for your
          prayers. 

Brandi - Thank you for thinking of us.

Bearly -  Our nursing homes seem very limited as to what they can do.  They have prescribed an anti-anxiety medication but he refuses his medications most of the time.  Same with the food as he thinks "they" are putting things in his food to keep him sedate him.

Appreciate your prayers.   

Sister -  Glad to hear you are feeling better.  Will watch for your news about your recent trip.

Northern Rose - How nice to see you.  Hope you and yours are well. 

4 Donks - Great to hear that you can swallow again and that you put on three pounds.  Continued progress and good health. 

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone. 

My bro had a procedure on his kidneys Friday.  He had a nephrostomy on both kidneys.  He was unaware when he went for a 'procedure' to drain his kidneys that he would have two bags.  SIL was present also when the procedure to drain the kidneys was explained to them and they are stunned they missed that part.   Back to nurses making home visits.
We will take my Mom to him on Sunday for two or three days, if he's well enough. Still no date certain for lung surgery.

Blessings to all.   an angelic monkey

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #821 on: September 23, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »

4D - I am so glad you are feeling well and all test are looking good!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: September 23, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »

lol
Did Moms laundry on the weekend and one sock is missing.  Will have to check my lint to see if it is apricot colored.   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #823 on: September 25, 2013, 08:00:36 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope everyone has a great day. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: September 25, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »

Hey monkeys!  Hope everybody if fine today.Gonna make myself go outside for a bit before I go to sleep at the keyboard.  Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: September 25, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Welp, I am on my way out to get a hair consultation for a new hairstyle.

Been wearing my hair twisted up with a barrette in the back way too long.

Seems it has created a breakage problem, and with my (now low-density) hair, I don't need that! Looking for a medium cut with side-swept bangs like I used to have. Maybe a graduated bob with length in front.

We'll see what the stylist suggests.

Oh! Want to share about a great conditioning mask I used yesterday! It's super .. made my hair less tangle-y and very soft and I think less breakage! It's called L'Oreal Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask. Smells great too. Just use it after shampoo, leave it in for 5 minutes or so, and rinse. Did wonders for my dry-ish tangly prone-to-break hair in one use!

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Hair/Hair-Care/Treatments/Advanced-Haircare-Power-Moisture-Moisture-Rush-Mask-85-oz.aspx

Disclaimer: I do not represent L'Oreal in any way. LOL

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #826 on: September 26, 2013, 12:20:41 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Seems it has created a breakage problem, and with my (now low-density) hair, I don't need that! Looking for a medium cut with side-swept bangs like I used to have. Maybe a graduated bob with length in front.

Oh! Want to share about a great conditioning mask I used yesterday! It's super .. made my hair less tangle-y and very soft and I think less breakage! It's called L'Oreal Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask. Smells great too. Just use it after shampoo, leave it in for 5 minutes or so, and rinse. Did wonders for my dry-ish tangly prone-to-break hair in one use!

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Hair/Hair-Care/Treatments/Advanced-Haircare-Power-Moisture-Moisture-Rush-Mask-85-oz.aspx

So Brandi what hair style did you decide on?  I had my hair cut short about a year & half ago. I loved it but my kids hated it. They had never seen me with short hair. But I have been thinking about going and getting it cut again. It was so much easier with it short.  I have used Nixion for a couple years and it has helped with the hair lose.  And I don't work for them either.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #827 on: September 26, 2013, 12:21:44 AM »

Hey monkeys!  Hope everybody if fine today.Gonna make myself go outside for a bit before I go to sleep at the keyboard.  Monkey Devil!

Hope you got some rest Trimm

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: September 26, 2013, 09:49:35 AM »

Hi

Here's all the GOOD news.
Thrush is finally gone.
Mucous membrane in mouth and throat almost 100% back to normal so I can swallow.
Will not need bone grafts in my jaw.
Thyroid tests OK (still have to be tested for the next 2 years).
White blood counts almost normal.
This last month I gained back 3 lbs.
Still have to be scoped monthly for the next year.
Voice is still here just a little odd.

Donks and dogs are doing great but a lot of the fields look like heII and I've just got permission to resume using the tractors and equipment.

Tevye....Your cabin sounds wonderful.
Sister....Hope your mountain trip left you well rested.
Brandy....So great to see your artwork back.
Trimm.....Still need to gain 20+ lbs so I could use some of those biscuits.
Green Eyes... Sounds like you've had a great family summer.

Even though I haven't been posting, I read and keep up with you. Once again thanks for all your prayers and thoughts.

You are definitely in my prayers and thoughts.  Always wondering how you are making out.  Keep doing whatever you are doing, you obviously have the right formula.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: September 26, 2013, 10:10:01 AM »

Brandi! cute photo! 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #830 on: September 26, 2013, 10:11:26 AM »

Monkey Devil!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: September 26, 2013, 10:13:07 AM »

Hi all.
Hubs is home recovering from diverticulitis surgery on Monday. He is doing so well. He says he feels better than he has in years, even after his operation. I am enjoying him being home.

Hope everyone is doing well. Catching up on posts.

Great news about your hubs feeling better than he has in years.  So nice you are enjoying him being home.  He sounds like a great patient. 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: September 26, 2013, 10:46:20 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

Babs - Hope it is not still in the 90's.  I've had to have the heat on here!

G. E.  So glad you enjoyed your visit.  Now pamper yourself a bit, you hear!  Thanks for your
          prayers. 

Bearly -  Our nursing homes seem very limited as to what they can do.  They have prescribed an anti-anxiety medication but he refuses his medications most of the time.  Same with the food as he thinks "they" are putting things in his food to keep him sedate him.

Appreciate your prayers.   

Sister -  Glad to hear you are feeling better.  Will watch for your news about your recent trip.

Northern Rose - How nice to see you.  Hope you and yours are well. 

4 Donks - Great to hear that you can swallow again and that you put on three pounds.  Continued progress and good health. 

My bro had a procedure on his kidneys Friday.  He had a nephrostomy on both kidneys.  He was unaware when he went for a 'procedure' to drain his kidneys that he would have two bags.  SIL was present also when the procedure to drain the kidneys was explained to them and they are stunned they missed that part.   Back to nurses making home visits.
We will take my Mom to him on Sunday for two or three days, if he's well enough. Still no date certain for lung surgery.

Blessings to all.   an angelic monkey

Yes.  I understand.  Sometimes it helps if my Dad if they give him a sip of something before he takes his meds or if they give him some ice cream.  One nurse told me when he starts refusing his meds it is near the end.  Well, that was a year or so ago.  One time I asked him if he wanted fruit.  As I leave, the nurse comes in with his meds in applesauce.  First, he hates this, he would rather take it and not have it in applesauce, Second, he thought that was the fruit and was trying to say he wanted the fruit cup I give him.  So, sometimes it is a matter of something that is real.  The one nurse will say, your daughter wants you to take this.  Then he does it right away.   

The food looks terrible.  I take him to the cafeteria and get him real food that is soft to chew.  He eats it.  He also likes to pause for a while after he has eaten so much, then when he is ready, he will start again.  When he is in the lunch room with the aides, they won't let him pause because they think that means he is stopping, so he closes his mouth when they try to feed him.  It is just knowing your patient and asking why they don't want to do certain things.  If they cannot communicate, first thing is to find a way they can communicate, like make a board with what they need or want on it.  Or make several boards one with body parts and maybe a picture of ouch.  There are many sites that have picture communication on them.  You can laminate the pictures, cut them up, and put them on a page that can be put in a communication book.  Make sure you get some verbs on the page that would match.  Fr example, when Cubby could not talk I used Boardmaker and got pictures of body parts, you can use real or Boardmaker pictures.  Then on the top row I put ouch, open wide, fell, and other verbs that you may need to tell someone about your body.  I also put a page with crayons, pencils, scissors, etc. then the words I need, please, etc on that page.  I must have made 20 or so pages.  The problem I had is that people asked to borrow so many of the things I made, that eventually they did not get returned.  I wish there was a job that helped people communicate.  I would love to do this for others as it really helped facilitate communication and made for many less misunderstandings. 

I would love to help people communicate.  I have been able to do this (facilitate communication) in my real life with people who don't speak a word of English.  I asked someone setting a table to get me a box from under the counter to put the rest of my sandwich in when the waitress was not available.  When she got back, she asked me where I got the box from.  I told her the man that was setting tables.  She said he doesn't speak a word of English.  I was so used to gesticulating that I had no idea he did not speak English because we were able to communicate so well.  Anyway if this is not the problem, I hope you find a solution soon.  Is there anyone he totally trusts that could help him out?  Like I do for my Dad, even when I am not there?  If they say, "Can's Mom wants you to take this."  Will that help?  Wish I lived closer.  I am sure you have done everything you can think of.  Unfortunately, it comes along with many of the diseases.

So sorry, my friend, for your Mom and your family.  I know you all worry about her and your brother. 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #833 on: September 26, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »

Hi Monkeys!

Babs - Hope it is not still in the 90's.  I've had to have the heat on here!

G. E.  So glad you enjoyed your visit.  Now pamper yourself a bit, you hear!  Thanks for your
          prayers.  

Bearly -  Our nursing homes seem very limited as to what they can do.  They have prescribed an anti-anxiety medication but he refuses his medications most of the time.  Same with the food as he thinks "they" are putting things in his food to keep him sedate him.

Appreciate your prayers.  

Sister -  Glad to hear you are feeling better.  Will watch for your news about your recent trip.

Northern Rose - How nice to see you.  Hope you and yours are well.  

4 Donks - Great to hear that you can swallow again and that you put on three pounds.  Continued progress and good health.  

My bro had a procedure on his kidneys Friday.  He had a nephrostomy on both kidneys.  He was unaware when he went for a 'procedure' to drain his kidneys that he would have two bags.  SIL was present also when the procedure to drain the kidneys was explained to them and they are stunned they missed that part.   Back to nurses making home visits.

Blessings to all.   an angelic monkey

When I was engaged, his Mom had a tube coming out of her back that I had to remove the bandage, clean around the port, irrigate it, and then re-bandage it every 2 days.  When she went to her DIL's house, the port would get infected and she would end up in the hospital.  This DIL was "too busy" to do it every 2 days.  She worked in the hospital drawing blood and was a supervisor in the lab.  One would think she would take great care of it since she knew of the consequences of bacteria, etc.  It used to drive me nuts, so I told her to just stay at our house and she did.  There were no more infections.  Is this what you are talking about that needs to be done?  Is he okay with that being done?  If not can your SIL learn how to do it once in a while until he gets used to their procedures?  

You, your brother, and your Mom and her husband are in my prayers.  I know you are giving it your all, especially Mom.

Today is the block party at my Dad's.  I promised a friend that I would go and watch her Zumba class.  Gotta run.  Take care.   I really wish I could help you out.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:34:50 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: September 26, 2013, 03:13:45 PM »

lol
Did Moms laundry on the weekend and one sock is missing.  Will have to check my lint to see if it is apricot colored.   

That reminds me of the first real job I had when I was 16.  I worked in a Sporting Goods Store.  I was coloring my hair at the time.  When I filled out the application and it came to hair color, I wrote Golden Apricot.  That was the color on the bottle.  I already had the job, the application was just a formality.  I guess no one ever reviews the answers you write.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: September 26, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »

Morning Monkeys

I believe in miracles!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #836 on: September 27, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »

4 Donks, you rock! Way to kick it! I'm so happy for your good news 

I'm saying prayers for all the Monks (especially Trim..but just so I might get a biscuit). And I have lots of time, as last Friday, I was fired from my job. Not gonna pretty it up and say laid off, discharged, let go. Nope, I was flat out "leave your keys on your desk, get your stuff (and we'll have someone with you at all times to make sure you don't destroy/take anything) and get the hell out" fired. Ouch! That does leave a mark!

but, I am catching up on sorely needed sleep, like, 4 years of not enough sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm not bitter. I'm adjusting. There is only one person there that I'm mad at, and she didn't do the actual firing (but she so set it up!) so I will not speak of her (except to cast the virtual stink-eye her way!)

And the icing on the cake? Our 10 yr old grandson is staying with us while his parents work out of town. He has informed my that I no longer have an excuse to have such a messy room! I almost got grounded the other day because I hadn't worked in my room...was saved by the fact that I cleaned the kitchen and made supper!

I hope all that are sick are feeling better, all hair becomes stronger, and ya'll have a good weekend.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »

Tevye...sorry u lost your job! Are u gonna look for another one or stay home?

Morning monkeys!

Brandi, let us know how your haircut looks.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #838 on: September 27, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »

Yikes Tevye  Sorry to hear you lost your job.  But better things will come.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #839 on: September 27, 2013, 10:48:03 AM »

Cookie and GE: thanks for the sympathy. Right now, I'm gonna concentrate on getting rested up, following a case we had (mom tried to kill herself and her autistic child may-she-rot-in-hell) and getting my house cleaned up. Then, I'm going to decide where I'll be living. I'll be ok.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.