March 28, 2024, 03:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022386 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2013, 06:52:09 AM »

Klaas, I am figuring this out little by little.  The letters changing size had to do with the sensitivity to the palm of my hand (Palm Check), I had to move it almost all the way to the right, the one before last, at the beginning of the red zone, and also the (Pinch Zoom) motion to make the screen bigger and smaller (I had to turn that one off).  These were both under 'Pointing.'  

The constant changing of screens and clicking on other things by accident had to do with the palm of my hand  (Palm Check) and the edges being enabled, it made the programs and things on the edges constantly appear and disappear.  For this, I had to unclick the 'Enable Tap Zones.'  I also adjusted the 'Sensitivity,' this would be an individual choice, whether you need it to be easier or harder to click or change screens.  The sensitivity that was more of a problem for me was to the palm of my hand (Palm Check).  I also made it glide a little so it was not so hard to get the pointer from one side to the other (Momentum).  

I had to 'Enable Edge Swipes' or I could not get the Start Screen back.  I don't like this, because when you get to the end of something all kinds of screens jump up or over at you.  If it must be turned on, making it less sensitive to my palm really made the difference between small screens popping up and getting in the way, and the whole thing coming on and trying to find the original screen I was on.  Sometimes you are on a screen that you cannot click out of (x-off).  I wonder why they put it on the right instead of the left?  

All the big issues so far had to do with the touch pad and the way it is organized.  Some things I can change, others I can't.  I am adjusting it little by little.  It sure has a lot of things to adjust for one touch pad.

I also don't like the user change and the shut down menu in the upper right corner.  It was better when it all originated from the same place.  I think it is easier to use the 'Desktop Assist' than to use the 'Start' Menu on the wrong side of the keyboard.  Not everything originates from there.  The 'Desktop Assist' is not better than having it all in one place, it is just better than the way the menu on the right side is organized, where the start menu is right in the middle of everything else.   The Start Screen is too active to find anything.  I don't think it is as well organized as it was before.  It's like someone took the other Windows screens, placed them on a computer screen and then turned a fan on high and blew them all around and wherever they landed, that's where they stayed; or maybe they tossed them into a Windows snow globe and each flake was a different program, command, game, etc. and they handed it to a bunch of Kindergarteners and had them take turns shaking it during recess, like back in the day, we used to turn cream into butter.

You have to go in Control Panel--Hardware and Sound--Devices and Printers--Mouse--Device Settings--Click on Synaptics for the above.  It took me forever to find it, but I did.  There were small pieces of information everywhere.  One place this screen was not, it was not under any other place that the touch pad or mouse showed up.  It did not show up under help and luckily, I did not have to disable a whole series of things, which other places told you to do.  It was locked in the storm cellar of the computer.

Since I am laying down when I am on the computer, my settings could be different than others, but the settings I have adjusted would make it easier for anyone, especially if they had a disability.  If they didn't, adjusting to your body's comfort zone, still makes a lot of sense, and would make it easier on your body.  I am not in the zone yet, but I am getting there.

I wonder if there is a sensitivity to the keyboard, too.  I am pounding on letters and they still don't all appear.  I will find that now.

I didn't mean to write a book!

Added detail.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:02:55 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2013, 02:25:41 PM »

I found a little brown bunny rabbit in the bushes/shrubs in my backyard this morning.  It is in an area that the mutts cannot go due to the electric fence.  At first, I thought it was injured because it didn't run away when I discovered it.  I was hoping that Chubbie, the expert huntress, had not gotten a hold of her.

Later, when I went out it was gone, thankfully.  Hope it finds a "safe" spot down in the woods, away from the criminal element in our yard.  Hubs was doing some yard work last weekend and said he had found some dead animals.  I didn't wish to know more.

Also, Cad was chasing a flying bug this morning and actually swallowed it.  I hope it wasn't a BEE!!
I saw a frog gulp a lightning bug and its throat was blinking and glowing.  Poor lightning bug!  Happy frog.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2013, 02:27:03 PM »

Klaas, I am figuring this out little by little.  The letters changing size had to do with the sensitivity to the palm of my hand (Palm Check), I had to move it almost all the way to the right, the one before last, at the beginning of the red zone, and also the (Pinch Zoom) motion to make the screen bigger and smaller (I had to turn that one off).  These were both under 'Pointing.'  

The constant changing of screens and clicking on other things by accident had to do with the palm of my hand  (Palm Check) and the edges being enabled, it made the programs and things on the edges constantly appear and disappear.  For this, I had to unclick the 'Enable Tap Zones.'  I also adjusted the 'Sensitivity,' this would be an individual choice, whether you need it to be easier or harder to click or change screens.  The sensitivity that was more of a problem for me was to the palm of my hand (Palm Check).  I also made it glide a little so it was not so hard to get the pointer from one side to the other (Momentum).  

I had to 'Enable Edge Swipes' or I could not get the Start Screen back.  I don't like this, because when you get to the end of something all kinds of screens jump up or over at you.  If it must be turned on, making it less sensitive to my palm really made the difference between small screens popping up and getting in the way, and the whole thing coming on and trying to find the original screen I was on.  Sometimes you are on a screen that you cannot click out of (x-off).  I wonder why they put it on the right instead of the left?  

All the big issues so far had to do with the touch pad and the way it is organized.  Some things I can change, others I can't.  I am adjusting it little by little.  It sure has a lot of things to adjust for one touch pad.

I also don't like the user change and the shut down menu in the upper right corner.  It was better when it all originated from the same place.  I think it is easier to use the 'Desktop Assist' than to use the 'Start' Menu on the wrong side of the keyboard.  Not everything originates from there.  The 'Desktop Assist' is not better than having it all in one place, it is just better than the way the menu on the right side is organized, where the start menu is right in the middle of everything else.   The Start Screen is too active to find anything.  I don't think it is as well organized as it was before.  It's like someone took the other Windows screens, placed them on a computer screen and then turned a fan on high and blew them all around and wherever they landed, that's where they stayed; or maybe they tossed them into a Windows snow globe and each flake was a different program, command, game, etc. and they handed it to a bunch of Kindergarteners and had them take turns shaking it during recess, like back in the day, we used to turn cream into butter.

You have to go in Control Panel--Hardware and Sound--Devices and Printers--Mouse--Device Settings--Click on Synaptics for the above.  It took me forever to find it, but I did.  There were small pieces of information everywhere.  One place this screen was not, it was not under any other place that the touch pad or mouse showed up.  It did not show up under help and luckily, I did not have to disable a whole series of things, which other places told you to do.  It was locked in the storm cellar of the computer.

Since I am laying down when I am on the computer, my settings could be different than others, but the settings I have adjusted would make it easier for anyone, especially if they had a disability.  If they didn't, adjusting to your body's comfort zone, still makes a lot of sense, and would make it easier on your body.  I am not in the zone yet, but I am getting there.

I wonder if there is a sensitivity to the keyboard, too.  I am pounding on letters and they still don't all appear.  I will find that now.

Added detail.

what?  me just has regular computer.   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »

I found a little brown bunny rabbit in the bushes/shrubs in my backyard this morning.  It is in an area that the mutts cannot go due to the electric fence.  At first, I thought it was injured because it didn't run away when I discovered it.  I was hoping that Chubbie, the expert huntress, had not gotten a hold of her.

Later, when I went out it was gone, thankfully.  Hope it finds a "safe" spot down in the woods, away from the criminal element in our yard.  Hubs was doing some yard work last weekend and said he had found some dead animals.  I didn't wish to know more.

Also, Cad was chasing a flying bug this morning and actually swallowed it.  I hope it wasn't a BEE!!
I saw a frog gulp a lightning bug and its throat was blinking and glowing.  Poor lightning bug!  Happy frog.

That would be odd to see lol...

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »

Insect fireworks!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2013, 03:27:58 PM »

Added detail.

what?  me just has regular computer.   

It is just a regular computer, now there is Windows 8 and I was having all kinds of trouble with screens changing, print getting larger and smaller, clicking on apps I didn't want, etc.  These were common problems, that's why I put them on there.  I had asked Klaas what to do.  I had to go all over and get the information and some of it is not good and has you disabling too many things.  I put it there to have it all in one place.  In the middle, those are the screens to help you get there and when you are there, you will see the screens I am talking about.

I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »

Bearly, I am sticking with Windows 7, although I still don't know how to use it correctly still.  Not very computer literate or simply haven't taken the time to learn.

Would you believe, my phone hasn't rung once today and I have only had one visitor.  Yeah!  As this is suppose to be my day off anyway.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2013, 08:50:08 PM »

I have heard that windows 8 was hard to work with...hubs got a new computer and he told them to give him back his slow dinosaur.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2013, 08:50:19 PM »

Bearly, I am sticking with Windows 7, although I still don't know how to use it correctly still.  Not very computer literate or simply haven't taken the time to learn.

Would you believe, my phone hasn't rung once today and I have only had one visitor.  Yeah!  As this is suppose to be my day off anyway.

Windows 7, Windows 8 LOL.

I am still using XP Wink

I remember still using Windows for Workgroups 3.11 when most people were using Windows 95.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2013, 09:00:22 PM »

I am still using XP Wink

I remember still using Windows for Workgroups 3.11 when most people were using Windows 95.

Me too Brandi, I won't give up my XP either....hubs has Vista & son has  7, I can't even figure out how to turn them on....
Told hubs  to order another XP operating system from Tiger Direct the other day while they still have them available in case he has to build me another puter some day!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2013, 09:07:14 PM »

The best I could do on short notice Wink

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2013, 09:12:28 PM »

Lol Brandi.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2013, 07:04:42 AM »

Hi
I mention this to Green Eyes and was afraid it was temporary BUT my voice is coming back. Apparently the mass surrounding the paralyzed vocal cord is shrinking and allowing some movement of that cord. It's still not a full voice but I can be understood......

Thanking you again for your thoughts and prayers...they do work!!!!!!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2013, 07:59:46 AM »

Hi
I mention this to Green Eyes and was afraid it was temporary BUT my voice is coming back. Apparently the mass surrounding the paralyzed vocal cord is shrinking and allowing some movement of that cord. It's still not a full voice but I can be understood......

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »

Hi

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 09:35:08 AM »

I am still using XP Wink

Me too Brandi, I won't give up my XP either....hubs has Vista & son has  7, I can't even figure out how to turn them on....
Told hubs  to order another XP operating system from Tiger Direct the other day while they still have them available in case he has to build me another puter some day!
I would much rather have my XP back.  It was user friendly.  When I got my new computer, it came with 6.  I liked the Vista too.  Newer is not necessarily better, said this old fuddy duddy.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 09:36:55 AM »

The best I could do on short notice Wink
Wayyy to cute Brandi.  Yep, that's how it looked.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »

Just too cute!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2013, 09:46:36 AM »

I love King Charles Cavaliers!  They are so cute!

adult

Now this is just my opinion, but I think these are some of the most beautiful dogs in the world!
Have always wanted one, but alas, I will have one through Cookie and her pictures (hint! hint!).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.