March 29, 2024, 01:43:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022747 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #520 on: August 14, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »

Hi monkeys!

Been overwhelmed with events in my life lately, but think of you all so often.

an angelic monkey

fixed pic

You are in my thoughts and Prayers an angelic monkey

Hi GE.  Glad to hear you're keeping cool.
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Our son is home for a few days and it feels so good!  He spent some time at his cottage and his fiancée and her son flew home this morning and he is staying on a few days to be with us.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #521 on: August 14, 2013, 10:12:54 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

fixed pic

Our son is home for a few days and it feels so good!  He spent some time at his cottage and his fiancée and her son flew home this morning and he is staying on a few days to be with us.

Can,

How wonderful to have your son visit with you a few days. I know the joy in your heart having him with you. Enjoy Enjoy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #522 on: August 14, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »

Update from this weeks testing at the cancer center.
Tests came back clear of cancer but due to the possibility of recurrence I will be seeing the radiation oncologist or the  Otolaryngologist once a month for 1 year and then they will see how often after they follow me for a year. I still need to gain a minimum of 20 lbs. (good luck with that ). Good news is after the new meds my throat and vocal cords are less swollen so I have a voice. I'm told that it will come and go and sometimes I'll sound like a boy going through puberty with my voice all over the place. This can go on for up to 2 years before it stabilizes. Don't care am happy, happy, happy.
All the fur kids are amazed at this change of voice. They think they are living with multiple people  Monkey Devil!
White count is still low but getting back to normal so soon I can deal with the donks and the barn. God bless my sister for doing it all this time.
As an aside when I finished radiation they gave me my mask...any ideas what I can do with it.

Oh 4Donks, I am so happy for you and even though going once a month will be a pain in the donkey butt, the year will fly by quicker than we want.

I know you are so blessed with a sister who can stand in the gap for you.  What you wrote hit a nerve within me as I am evaluating what I am doing or not doing for my sister Connie.  After the failed driver's test, I sent out an e-mail to my family and have only received one response.  It was from the son who is doing the most for her (getting her groceries on a weekly basis, etc.).  Not one word from the other son, my brother, or my other sister.  I know my sensitivity is high, working with George for the past 25 years and now this last year with cancer.  I guess I am just tired because I see no end in sight with Connie and I am asking myself some hard questions.  I turn 65 Sunday, I wanted to retire but didn't . . . what about my life or lack thereof?  Sorry to be moaning . . .

Again my friend, I am thrilled for you.  Keep on truckin'   
How disappointing Sister.  I hope they are just taking time to ponder your email, and they will come through with help and suggestions.  Would a family meeting be a possibility?
Has the son that is involved with helping and who answered your email offered any insight?
Sister, you sound burnt out and it is no wonder. 
Sister you deserve to have a life.  Isn't it time to give more care to yourself?
Wishing you a future that is happy and less stress free. 
Happy Birthday!  Hope you have a lovely, celebratory day on Sunday.
Will you be preaching on that day?
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #523 on: August 14, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

fixed pic

Can,

How wonderful to have your son visit with you a few days. I know the joy in your heart having him with you. Enjoy Enjoy

GE - I will, I will.
He is such a comfort to both of us.  Just having him nearby.  First time he's been home since September. 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: August 14, 2013, 11:53:28 PM »

Sister
Happy Birthday 

Please take some time for yourself. Everyone needs to step away from stressful situations to really be able to evaluate and plan. Sometimes the tough love needs to be directed inward. Kick back with a glass of wine, a bowl of ice cream and a lot of chocolate. I could also lend you a couple of donks to take your mind off of things. or perhaps a deaf 150lb and growing puppy. On second thought that might add to the stress. Monkey Devil! All kidding aside do take care. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: August 15, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »

Tests came back clear of cancer but due to the possibility of recurrence I will be seeing the radiation oncologist or the  Otolaryngologist once a month for 1 year and then they will see how often after they follow me for a year. I still need to gain a minimum of 20 lbs. (good luck with that ). Good news is after the new meds my throat and vocal cords are less swollen so I have a voice. I'm told that it will come and go and sometimes I'll sound like a boy going through puberty with my voice all over the place. This can go on for up to 2 years before it stabilizes. Don't care am happy, happy, happy.
All the fur kids are amazed at this change of voice. They think they are living with multiple people  Monkey Devil!
White count is still low but getting back to normal so soon I can deal with the donks and the barn. God bless my sister for doing it all this time.
As an aside when I finished radiation they gave me my mask...any ideas what I can do with it.

Oh 4Donks, I am so happy for you and even though going once a month will be a pain in the donkey butt, the year will fly by quicker than we want.

I know you are so blessed with a sister who can stand in the gap for you.  What you wrote hit a nerve within me as I am evaluating what I am doing or not doing for my sister Connie.  After the failed driver's test, I sent out an e-mail to my family and have only received one response.  It was from the son who is doing the most for her (getting her groceries on a weekly basis, etc.).  Not one word from the other son, my brother, or my other sister.  I know my sensitivity is high, working with George for the past 25 years and now this last year with cancer.  I guess I am just tired because I see no end in sight with Connie and I am asking myself some hard questions.  I turn 65 Sunday, I wanted to retire but didn't . . . what about my life or lack thereof?  Sorry to be moaning . . .

Again my friend, I am thrilled for you.  Keep on truckin'  

4Donks is my role model.  You are both so fortunate to have sisters.  That is the one thing in life I have always wanted.  I have friends and relatives who are like sisters, but it is not the same as we do not share the same parents.

Sister, it is always darkest before the dawn.  Keep that in mind as you are traveling what seems to be a very dark path.  When one door closes, you may have to wait in the dark hallway a while until you find a window.  The window is there, you just have not located it yet.

Have you considered counseling for yourself?  I have heard it is not wise to be your own lawyer, I wonder if the same is true for counseling.  I think you could benefit from telling your story to a person who is trained and who you trust with your journey.  You may have to search for the right one.  Also, your sister definitely needs counseling outside of you.  You cannot do it all yourself, you are too close to the situation.  There are things she may want to share with a counselor that she cannot share with her family.  Anyone with pain can benefit from counseling.  It was one of the first things they told me.  

Happy birthday!  I cannot imagine you retiring.  I can never imagine you not wanting to put that extra special touch on a wedding, a funeral, or some special life event.

Bearly, thanks for your input -- I value your thoughts.  Yes, you are right, I need to see my counselor.  I have seen a woman off and on for the past 20 years, good Christian and good counselor.  Will make an appointment today.
As far as Connie, where she can't talk -- I just don't know how that would work for her.  I'll ask my counselor.  Surely there is someone who could help her.  I know I am too close.  I can't see the forest for the trees or is it the trees for the forest?   
Blessings.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: August 15, 2013, 11:21:01 AM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

fixed pic

Can,

GE - I will, I will.
He is such a comfort to both of us.  Just having him nearby.  First time he's been home since September. 

can,
have a good time with your son!  What a joy that must be!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #527 on: August 15, 2013, 11:22:30 AM »

Sister
Happy Birthday 

Please take some time for yourself. Everyone needs to step away from stressful situations to really be able to evaluate and plan. Sometimes the tough love needs to be directed inward. Kick back with a glass of wine, a bowl of ice cream and a lot of chocolate. I could also lend you a couple of donks to take your mind off of things. or perhaps a deaf 150lb and growing puppy. On second thought that might add to the stress. Monkey Devil! All kidding aside do take care. an angelic monkey

4Donks   

Think I'll pass on the puppy and the donkeys!  no offense   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: August 15, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »

can and everyone!

Yes, I will be in the pulpit Sunday.  But we are going to have a singing Sunday!  Just music and some of the stories behind the hymns.
Thank you all for your prayers -- I deeply appreciate them.
Blessings.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: August 15, 2013, 04:13:56 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

Hey can!  I have missed you!

Hi Bearly,
Thanks, have missed you too!  See you haven't lost your sense of humour.

It's more a coping strategy, I think.  Like it or hate it, it's mine.  I apologize to those who like nice clean humor and don't like people poking fun of the everyday life events.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone.  Never was one for crude language, though. 

I really have missed seeing you and often wonder about your family.  Can we get an update?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:13 PM »

Tests came back clear of cancer but due to the possibility of recurrence I will be seeing the radiation oncologist or the  Otolaryngologist once a month for 1 year and then they will see how often after they follow me for a year. I still need to gain a minimum of 20 lbs. (good luck with that ). Good news is after the new meds my throat and vocal cords are less swollen so I have a voice. I'm told that it will come and go and sometimes I'll sound like a boy going through puberty with my voice all over the place. This can go on for up to 2 years before it stabilizes. Don't care am happy, happy, happy.
All the fur kids are amazed at this change of voice. They think they are living with multiple people  Monkey Devil!

I know you are so blessed with a sister who can stand in the gap for you.  What you wrote hit a nerve within me as I am evaluating what I am doing or not doing for my sister Connie.  After the failed driver's test, I sent out an e-mail to my family and have only received one response.  It was from the son who is doing the most for her (getting her groceries on a weekly basis, etc.).  Not one word from the other son, my brother, or my other sister.  I know my sensitivity is high, working with George for the past 25 years and now this last year with cancer.  I guess I am just tired because I see no end in sight with Connie and I am asking myself some hard questions.  I turn 65 Sunday, I wanted to retire but didn't . . . what about my life or lack thereof?  Sorry to be moaning . . .

Again my friend, I am thrilled for you.  Keep on truckin'  

4Donks is my role model.  You are both so fortunate to have sisters.  That is the one thing in life I have always wanted.  I have friends and relatives who are like sisters, but it is not the same as we do not share the same parents.

Sister, it is always darkest before the dawn.  Keep that in mind as you are traveling what seems to be a very dark path.  When one door closes, you may have to wait in the dark hallway a while until you find a window.  The window is there, you just have not located it yet.

Have you considered counseling for yourself?  I have heard it is not wise to be your own lawyer, I wonder if the same is true for counseling.  I think you could benefit from telling your story to a person who is trained and who you trust with your journey.  You may have to search for the right one.  Also, your sister definitely needs counseling outside of you.  You cannot do it all yourself, you are too close to the situation.  There are things she may want to share with a counselor that she cannot share with her family.  Anyone with pain can benefit from counseling.  It was one of the first things they told me.  

Happy birthday!  I cannot imagine you retiring.  I can never imagine you not wanting to put that extra special touch on a wedding, a funeral, or some special life event.

Bearly, thanks for your input -- I value your thoughts.  Yes, you are right, I need to see my counselor.  I have seen a woman off and on for the past 20 years, good Christian and good counselor.  Will make an appointment today.
As far as Connie, where she can't talk -- I just don't know how that would work for her.  I'll ask my counselor.  Surely there is someone who could help her.  I know I am too close.  I can't see the forest for the trees or is it the trees for the forest?  
Blessings.

I hope you know when I speak to you even though it is on a public forum, it is from my heart.  Whether it is positive or negative, I only mean to help and never to hurt.  I see you as a Sister of the heart and your life does matter to me, very much.

My son has had therapy of some form or another since he was a year old.  His primary diagnosis was true auditory agnosia.  Which means he could not understand language and of course could not speak as a result.  He managed to communicate with his therapists and your Sisters therapists will manage to communicate with her and vice versa.  That is for them to figure out and they will.

I searched and found a program and a teacher from Canada (not me alone, but in an active group of parents, which was given to me to lead) who taught a methodology used at the U of Southern Miss.  As a result of the methodologies I have used with my son, I have credits from colleges from California, to Mississippi to Pennsylvania.  What I am trying to say is for one, you may want to not only have individual support, but also join a support group.  

Here is my caution to you as I see how much you take on yourself.  Try to let someone else lead the group.  You will naturally, someday, be called upon to lead the group.  It happens to me all the time.  You may start out okay, but you will eventually wear out with having your own things to deal with, in addition to your extended family, your faith community, and now a group of people that will be calling on you night and day.

If you look for things under a certain speech disorder, especially if you know only my first name, my name will come up and so will my phone number because it was on the group invitation to respond to.  As a result, it is not unusual for me to get a phone call in the middle of the night from someone from Europe who is going to move to my area of the world.  I have learned a lot about other countries and the way they treat people with disabilities.  We are supposed to do a great job here in the US.  Unfortunately, it is all on paper and there is no way to enforce these rules.  It is the mouse watching the cheese scenario.  No one is in charge of enforcing the rules when it gets right down to it.

Many people have encouraged me to let my child fail, and then they will do something for us.  That was never an option for me as they predicted failure from the beginning.  They would just think they were right in their assessment.  When they had no program for my child, I simply pitched a tent on the front lawn of school and invited therapists I paid with compensatory time awarded to us from their failure to educate my son,  to come in and fill his day.  I once found an empty classroom in the school, that was only empty 1/2 day and we moved our lessons into that room.  I found a teacher in the school who was very sympathetic to our plight and would invite my son in on special occasions.  I will be forever grateful to this teacher and sent her a thank you note at the end of the year and other times.  She did this at peril to her own job.  The principal of this particular school was, according to her own attorney, "toxic to children with disabilities."  So, she did not want any in "her" school.  As you can imagine, this teacher did not think she did anything extraordinary, because that is the way extraordinary people think.  I never called the news crews as this was a personal matter involving my son and I wanted him to be able to tell his own story if and when he was ready.

I am merely a player in my son's story and I have to remember that.  It is not about me.  It is about him.  What he chooses to tell with his name attached to it, is his choice.  I also did not want to change things for my son only, I wanted things to change for those who came after us.  My Brother and SIL have a son in the same district who adopted a child whose first language was not English and they adopted him as an older toddler, so he has needs, too.  She said whenever she got to a meeting, they would say, are you related to Bearly?  When she said, "yes," they would say, "just tell us what you want."  She said they would try to offer her too much therapy, etc.  I told her if she decided to take a lot of therapy from someone who was not qualified to be giving the therapy, regardless of the therapist passing a bunch of tests saying she was qualified, this was not a good thing.  You really have to be present in your child's life to know what is and isn't working.  The same with your Sister, Sister.

I am sorry I moved from Connie's story to Cubbie's story, but it is the only way I can relate, as I am not present in your Sister's life and only see her through your eyes.  I hope there is something in there that helps you to see something you had not seen before.  If you decide to pitch a tent somewhere, let me know, I would be happy to join you there if you need company or support.  Of all the things we did for change in the district, the tent is the one everyone in the district has heard about.  When I went to a meeting, I would have to start all over in telling them about my child and his needs, and listening to what they found.  I want you to also learn to be an active listener at times and also a passive listener.  Being an active listener allows you to understand what they are really saying.  Being a passive listener may let them give you too much information and you can use this extra information as a bargaining point.  Well, you said.....whatever it is they said that was negative about what they want to do and may allow you to tweak certain parts of a program so they fit Connie.

All this said, you may never need to bargain for any therapy, etc. but it is only one of many tools you may need in your tool box in going forward with Connie.  I wish you much success while accompanying Connie on her life journey.  Elizabeth Kubler Ross has a book on the stages of dying, which is probably familiar to you, people have changed the stages of death and added to them in their own passages.  Your Sister is experiencing a death.  A death to the life she once knew and she will most likely be going through these stages.  Many of the things you describe Connie going through mimic these stages.  These are not clean stages, you can go back and forth between stages and go through them out of order.  Each person is different.  This book, which I read on my own, as part of a Social Work class presentation I took in college, helps me see things differently than just looking without that extra knowledge from the book.  It applies to a lot of life events.  I am probably not telling you things you don't know, but maybe you have not looked at what you are dealing with without some of the tools you lend to others.

I hope something helped you, if not then I hope it helped someone else who reads this.  It is just my opinion and observations as I have gone through life as a caretaker.  My Mom has needed care since I was very young, so they are observations from a Chronic Caretaker.

I so wish you lived closer to me, Sister.

an angelic monkey

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:53:25 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: August 15, 2013, 05:27:20 PM »

Hi monkeys!

an angelic monkey

fixed pic

Can,

GE - I will, I will.

can,
have a good time with your son!  What a joy that must be!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: August 15, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »

can and everyone!

Yes, I will be in the pulpit Sunday.  But we are going to have a singing Sunday!  Just music and some of the stories behind the hymns.
Thank you all for your prayers -- I deeply appreciate them.
Blessings.

I hope "Happy Birthday" is one of the songs they will be singing!

How has your progress from your own operations been coming along?

I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #533 on: August 15, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »

Bearly, again and again, thank you for your thoughts.  I know it is from your heart because it always touches mine.  I did read "On Death and Dying" many years ago, maybe I need to buy a new copy and read it again.  It had a great impact on me when I was going through the roller coaster of I'm going to die, I am not going to die.  Being diagnosed at 24 with terminal ovarian cancer changes a lot about one's thought process.  Now, 41 years later, I am still dealing with death and dying -- if not my own, then others.
Had 2 more tumors "torched" several weeks ago and have not heard back.  In my book, no news is good news.  Thank goodness have not had chemo or radiation in several years
Where is it you live?  Forgive me, I forgot.  Maybe I need to take my vacation in your area.  I have definitely decided to take the money and go on vacation.  But where to go?  I have always loved Key West, but I think I need something brand new.  And this baby ain't driving no where except the airport.

So everyone, put on your thinking caps, where should I go for vacation?  Was thinking about Arizona.  Was thinking about Montana.  I just really don't know!

Thank you everyone for letting me vent my frustrations.  Knowing you care means so much to me.

Brandi, any idea on how to do a "can't see the forest for the trees"?????

Blessings.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: August 16, 2013, 01:25:28 PM »

Bearly, again and again, thank you for your thoughts.  I know it is from your heart because it always touches mine.  I did read "On Death and Dying" many years ago, maybe I need to buy a new copy and read it again.  It had a great impact on me when I was going through the roller coaster of I'm going to die, I am not going to die.  Being diagnosed at 24 with terminal ovarian cancer changes a lot about one's thought process.  Now, 41 years later, I am still dealing with death and dying -- if not my own, then others.
Had 2 more tumors "torched" several weeks ago and have not heard back.  In my book, no news is good news.  Thank goodness have not had chemo or radiation in several years
Where is it you live?  Forgive me, I forgot.  Maybe I need to take my vacation in your area.  I have definitely decided to take the money and go on vacation.  But where to go?  I have always loved Key West, but I think I need something brand new.  And this baby ain't driving no where except the airport.

So everyone, put on your thinking caps, where should I go for vacation?  Was thinking about Arizona.  Was thinking about Montana.  I just really don't know!

Thank you everyone for letting me vent my frustrations.  Knowing you care means so much to me.

Blessings.

I think I have a few ideas on the forest/trees.

I want to pass along a great site I use to buy books. Have been buying them here for many years. It's called ThriftBooks. Most titles can be bought (used) for $3.97 or so. I love the idea of recycling used books, by selling them (passing them on) for dirt cheap! I am waiting on an order of David Sedaris books I ordered last week, as we speak. (I have read 6 of his books this summer. Love his humor. And I love reading short stories.)

Found Kubler-Ross' book there for you: http://www.thriftbooks.com/searchresult.aspx?searchtext=on%20death%20and%20dying&searchby=title&intsortby=1&intsortorder=0

I probably have a copy here somewhere, as I read it back in my college days. Finding it, is another story though. LOL

Seriously, check out ThriftBooks. Free shipping, too. I highly recommend them. Perfect way to find and buy books very cheaply. If you buy more than one book and buy from the same location you get 50¢ off each book after the first. Simply cannot beat the prices.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: August 17, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »

Blessings.

I think I have a few ideas on the forest/trees.

I want to pass along a great site I use to buy books. Have been buying them here for many years. It's called ThriftBooks. Most titles can be bought (used) for $3.97 or so. I love the idea of recycling used books, by selling them (passing them on) for dirt cheap! I am waiting on an order of David Sedaris books I ordered last week, as we speak. (I have read 6 of his books this summer. Love his humor. And I love reading short stories.)

Found Kubler-Ross' book there for you: http://www.thriftbooks.com/searchresult.aspx?searchtext=on%20death%20and%20dying&searchby=title&intsortby=1&intsortorder=0

I probably have a copy here somewhere, as I read it back in my college days. Finding it, is another story though. LOL

Seriously, check out ThriftBooks. Free shipping, too. I highly recommend them. Perfect way to find and buy books very cheaply. If you buy more than one book and buy from the same location you get 50¢ off each book after the first. Simply cannot beat the prices.

Great idea!  Saves a lot of forests and trees!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: August 17, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »

Blessings.

I live in PA near New Jersey.  Jersey is a great place to vacation.  I love to watch the ocean come to shore again and again!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: August 17, 2013, 04:07:28 PM »

Blessings.

Good grief, Sister.  I hope you understood that, especially the last paragraph.  I don't like this computer.  Some letters don't come up unless I really press.  I see I missed an apostrophe and several other things I thought I put in there.  If you have any questions, let me know.

I have never been on a plane.  Okay, everyone, pick your jaws up off the floor.  I am not a good one to ask where to go. 

I love Florida, it is definitely the Sunshine State, I felt it the moment we crossed the state line.  Of course, since Jersey is so close to us, it is hard to go anywhere else.  When you find something you love, you stick with it.  I also love Maine.  I have a friend who has a house right on the beach in the forest in the middle of an old apple orchard, so if you are hungry, you just reach out and pick one up.  It's paradise.  Once on my way to her house, I stopped at a motel that has an outdoor pool that is heated and has natural salt water in it.  What an amazing experience, to be in the cold weather at night watching the stars, from a pool that is warm and embracing and smells totally natural.  It's one of those snapshot moments your mind takes that remains forever in your memories.  If you wait until the season is over, there are lots of good prices in New England and it is the best and most beautiful time of the year to visit.

If I had to go somewhere completely different.  I think I would choose Hawaii, or a cruise, or Alaska. 

I know the cruise ships have been having problems lately, but that is why traveling that way is so affordable, according to a friend who is going on his first cruise next week.  Watch out for hurricane season coming up and all the flooding that is going on now.  I have a friend in Arizona that asks me all the time to visit.  She moved there because her daughter has juvenile arthritis and it has helped her pain immensely.

I bet Cookie has a lot of good suggestions, I live vicariously through her.

Have fun wherever you choose.  Can't wait to find out where it is.

I believe in miracles!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: August 17, 2013, 04:21:46 PM »

Blessings.

I live in PA near New Jersey.  Jersey is a great place to vacation.  I love to watch the ocean come to shore again and again!

Bearly, you and Sister need to have a mini-Monkey get-tegether, I don't think there are that many miles between the two of you! 
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: August 18, 2013, 05:19:16 PM »

Blessings.

Bearly, you and Sister need to have a mini-Monkey get-tegether, I don't think there are that many miles between the two of you! 

I would love that when the time is right.  Right now I think we are both up to our necks in alligators.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.