March 28, 2024, 08:27:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022471 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #840 on: September 27, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »

Cookie and GE: thanks for the sympathy. Right now, I'm gonna concentrate on getting rested up, following a case we had (mom tried to kill herself and her autistic child may-she-rot-in-hell) and getting my house cleaned up. Then, I'm going to decide where I'll be living. I'll be ok.

I know you will Tevye. You are a survivor.  I am sure you can use the rest.  Having to deal with cases like that all the time has to make you emotionally tired as well physically tired. Hope to see more of you here. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:44 PM »

Cookie and GE: thanks for the sympathy. Right now, I'm gonna concentrate on getting rested up, following a case we had (mom tried to kill herself and her autistic child may-she-rot-in-hell) and getting my house cleaned up. Then, I'm going to decide where I'll be living. I'll be ok.
A new chapter begins...... 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #842 on: September 27, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »

A new chapter begins...... 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #843 on: September 27, 2013, 03:13:36 PM »

Afternoon Monleys   I just spent over an hour and a half getting tickets for youngest son to go to see George Strait in Feb. of next year in California.    What started out as 70 bucks a seat ended up 125 a seat plus all the fees. These were in the nose bleed section. They went up to 1200 for on the floor.  He has them and I will mail them out tomorrow.     He called me from work and ask if I could do it. I can't believe they were almost sold out and they just went on sale at 8 California time.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: September 27, 2013, 03:17:14 PM »

Tevye...sorry u lost your job! Are u gonna look for another one or stay home?

Morning monkeys!

Brandi, let us know how your haircut looks.

Well, just got home and I am so pleased! Getting all that long hair off me did wonders, and the gal who did my hair was great. The gal next to me working on another person said, "That took 10 years off of you!" Then my stylist said, "We should have taken a before and after shot." She's right.

I love it. She layered it and gave me back my side-swept bangs, and it looks full and like I have lots more hair. I'll be going back in 7 weeks to get it trimmed. Gonna try to keep this one maintained this time Wink

Thanks for asking!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: September 27, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »

4 Donks, you rock! Way to kick it! I'm so happy for your good news 

I'm saying prayers for all the Monks (especially Trim..but just so I might get a biscuit). And I have lots of time, as last Friday, I was fired from my job. Not gonna pretty it up and say laid off, discharged, let go. Nope, I was flat out "leave your keys on your desk, get your stuff (and we'll have someone with you at all times to make sure you don't destroy/take anything) and get the hell out" fired. Ouch! That does leave a mark!

but, I am catching up on sorely needed sleep, like, 4 years of not enough sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm not bitter. I'm adjusting. There is only one person there that I'm mad at, and she didn't do the actual firing (but she so set it up!) so I will not speak of her (except to cast the virtual stink-eye her way!)

And the icing on the cake? Our 10 yr old grandson is staying with us while his parents work out of town. He has informed my that I no longer have an excuse to have such a messy room! I almost got grounded the other day because I hadn't worked in my room...was saved by the fact that I cleaned the kitchen and made supper!

I hope all that are sick are feeling better, all hair becomes stronger, and ya'll have a good weekend.

Wow, Tevye! You have lots of changes heading your way, but as others have said, you are a survivor and a trooper. You will be fine. In fact, I think you will be better off, no matter what course your life takes now. I remember you were so happy with the job at first and lately, not so much. So this is a good thing, I think. Things will work out well for you. I will be thinking of oyu and waiting to hear of your next adventure!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #846 on: September 27, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »

Morning monkeys!

Well, just got home and I am so pleased! Getting all that long hair off me did wonders, and the gal who did my hair was great. The gal next to me working on another person said, "That took 10 years off of you!" Then my stylist said, "We should have taken a before and after shot." She's right.

I love it. She layered it and gave me back my side-swept bangs, and it looks full and like I have lots more hair. I'll be going back in 7 weeks to get it trimmed. Gonna try to keep this one maintained this time Wink

Thanks for asking!

Brandi your hair cut sounds really cute. Glad you are happy with it. I have been thinking of getting mine cut again. But can't decide to just cut it short or have it  styled and trimmed for the length it is now. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: September 27, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »

Morning monkeys!

Thanks for asking!

Brandi your hair cut sounds really cute. Glad you are happy with it. I have been thinking of getting mine cut again. But can't decide to just cut it short or have it  styled and trimmed for the length it is now. 

Well, mine is short but not really looks short because of the front that has more length than the back. Very similar to this gal's: http://newleafhairstudio.blogspot.com/  ...Mine was as long as hers, but without as much density. And I got side-swept bangs which this gal didn't.

My point is, you can go short without going short, just medium. And it gives the appearance of length when it is kinda short/medium. (And it makes my hair (with layers) look much fuller and more dense!)

So I say, go for it! Wink

Hope I am making sense. LOL

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #848 on: September 27, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »

Morning monkeys!

Thanks for asking!

Well, mine is short but not really looks short because of the front that has more length than the back. Very similar to this gal's: http://newleafhairstudio.blogspot.com/  ...Mine was as long as hers, but without as much density. And I got side-swept bangs which this gal didn't.

My point is, you can go short without going short, just medium. And it gives the appearance of length when it is kinda short/medium. (And it makes my hair (with layers) look much fuller and more dense!)

So I say, go for it! Wink

Hope I am making sense. LOL

Yes you are making sense. LOL  I had my hair cut something like that a couple years ago. I liked it okay. But since my hair kind of curls when it's short I had to straighten it all the time. I have reached the age where if it's in my face it bugs me. So I had it cut short with sweep bangs. All I had to do is wash and wear. I loved it. It's now just pass my shoulders and really needs to be shaped and cut. Like you use to do I wear it pulled up all the time. When I do curl it it isn't long before I have it pulled back or up because it gets in my face. LOL

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: September 27, 2013, 10:58:01 PM »

Sunday is National Coffee Day for all you coffee drinkers out there.

http://www.pages02.net/wawainc/nationalcoffeeday <-- free 16 oz. coffee coupon from WaWa.

Some more deals here: http://www.parade.com/166874/leahingram/national-coffee-day-2013-whats-free/

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #850 on: September 28, 2013, 05:34:18 AM »

Good morning,
Well, I have a wedding today at the beach (going to spend the night), then finally headed for the mountains.
So looking forward to getting away.
Blessings to all of you.  Have been reading!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #851 on: September 28, 2013, 10:42:47 AM »

Good morning,
Well, I have a wedding today at the beach (going to spend the night), then finally headed for the mountains.

Have a safe trip Sister.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #852 on: September 28, 2013, 10:53:31 AM »

Had very sad news this week. Found out my cousin lost two of his granddaughters and grandson is in critical condition. From a horrific car accident, Another young man in the car has died and man in the truck they hit died.  From what the report says the kids weren't wearing their seat belts.  Why do kids thing it wont happen to me. 2 others are in critical condition as well.  So very sad. Haven't been able to get a hold of my cousin. 

Thanks Babs for your help finding the info we did find.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: September 28, 2013, 02:43:53 PM »

Had very sad news this week. Found out my cousin lost two of his granddaughters and grandson is in critical condition. From a horrific car accident, Another young man in the car has died and man in the truck they hit died.  From what the report says the kids weren't wearing their seat belts.  Why do kids thing it wont happen to me. 2 others are in critical condition as well.  So very sad. Haven't been able to get a hold of my cousin. 

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, Green Eyes.

I think I found an article about the accident near LA. So tragic.

I know what you mean about youth thinking bad things happen only to others. I felt that way a bit when I was younger. We have a neighbor across the street who lost a teenage brother to an accident where he was driving the night before his high school graduation. He hit a tree. He had no seat belt on either.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can contact your cousin.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #854 on: September 28, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this, Green Eyes.

I think I found an article about the accident near LA. So tragic.

I know what you mean about youth thinking bad things happen only to others. I felt that way a bit when I was younger. We have a neighbor across the street who lost a teenage brother to an accident where he was driving the night before his high school graduation. He hit a tree. He had no seat belt on either.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can contact your cousin.

Thank You Brandi

I am sure you found the right one Brandi. It is very sad.  I lost a nephew 3 years ago not wearing his seat belt.  He left behind 3 small children.   

All I can do is keep trying.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: September 29, 2013, 03:58:48 AM »

4 Donks, you rock! Way to kick it! I'm so happy for your good news  

I'm saying prayers for all the Monks (especially Trim..but just so I might get a biscuit). And I have lots of time, as last Friday, I was fired from my job. Not gonna pretty it up and say laid off, discharged, let go. Nope, I was flat out "leave your keys on your desk, get your stuff (and we'll have someone with you at all times to make sure you don't destroy/take anything) and get the hell out" fired. Ouch! That does leave a mark!

but, I am catching up on sorely needed sleep, like, 4 years of not enough sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm not bitter. I'm adjusting. There is only one person there that I'm mad at, and she didn't do the actual firing (but she so set it up!) so I will not speak of her (except to cast the virtual stink-eye her way!)

And the icing on the cake? Our 10 yr old grandson is staying with us while his parents work out of town. He has informed my that I no longer have an excuse to have such a messy room! I almost got grounded the other day because I hadn't worked in my room...was saved by the fact that I cleaned the kitchen and made supper!

I hope all that are sick are feeling better, all hair becomes stronger, and ya'll have a good weekend.

Sunny beach!  Do they know who you are?  I am sorry, Tevye that you almost got grounded, you better shape up.  As for your former employer, you obviously need to work for someone that has more discerning taste.  Did you have any hint that this was going to happen?  <Pause so I can throw a stink-eye her way also>.  If it helps, anyone I know who has found themselves in the situation you are in now ended up getting a better job than the former one.  Best of luck on your search for another desk to put your boots under.

extra words
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:31:45 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: September 29, 2013, 04:08:37 AM »

Afternoon Monleys   I just spent over an hour and a half getting tickets for youngest son to go to see George Strait in Feb. of next year in California.    What started out as 70 bucks a seat ended up 125 a seat plus all the fees. These were in the nose bleed section. They went up to 1200 for on the floor.  He has them and I will mail them out tomorrow.     He called me from work and ask if I could do it. I can't believe they were almost sold out and they just went on sale at 8 California time.

Wow! You are an amazing Mom.  I hope your children realize how very lucky they are to have you!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: September 29, 2013, 04:26:45 AM »

Morning monkeys!

Thanks for asking!

Brandi, your hair sounds beautiful.  Lucky you that you had such a wonderful outcome.  Wish we could see it, but I am going to have to be satisfied looking at it through my mind's eye.

thumright

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: September 29, 2013, 04:49:45 AM »

Good morning,

Have a wonderful time!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: September 29, 2013, 04:51:39 AM »

I am so very sorry, Green Eyes.  My heart goes out to you and everyone who loved them.  Prayers for all of you.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.