March 29, 2024, 02:00:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022754 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1200 on: November 24, 2013, 10:45:49 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Are you all gearing up for Thanksgiving next week.

I've begun my Christmas shopping.      

I have to split myself in two before Thanksgiving.  Christmas shopping   
Um, not yet!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1201 on: November 24, 2013, 10:49:49 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Are you all gearing up for Thanksgiving next week.

I've begun my Christmas shopping.      

Hi Can,

I am taking Thanksgiving off this year. It's the first time since I took over when I was 21 when my mom became to ill to do it any more. When we moved to Texas Babs and I would take turns doing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.  Daughter is making dinner this year. So will go there for dinner.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1202 on: November 24, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »

I have been doing the Thanksgiving thing for the past 13 years, hosting my neighbor and our family of 3 here. My sister is in Florida, my brother died last November, and our parents are both gone as well. Husband's family is in Canada, so there are very few family members to host.

I have a very small family, as I only had one brother, one sister, one aunt, one uncle and one cousin growing up. My mother was an only child and my father had just one sister. His sister died 20 years ago, and her husband has remarried. I am not even sure if he is still my uncle.

So Thanksgiving here in the past 13 years has always been a small gathering, but I still have to cook everything as if there were lots of people attending. LOL

As for Christmas, I am unhappy to report that I have only bought a handful of gifts so far. Usually I am done by Thanksgiving, or almost done! My problem this year is I do not know what people want! I so hate waiting this long to get going on the shopping.

Kudos to all of you who have a jump-start on Christmas!

(I did win a local auction this week with some cool vintage Christmas ornaments though!) But our artificial tree needs to be replaced this year, and we cannot decide whether to get a pre-lit one or a non-pre-lit one, or a live one this year, so we have not even bought our tree yet. LOL

It's early for a real tree.  I always love a real tree, even though I have to clean up a mess.  I don't know what to do with all of my Mom's stuff.

I think I will be coming to Brandi's house and Sister can't be that far away either.  I'll just take one of these:

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: November 24, 2013, 02:44:07 PM »

I have been doing the Thanksgiving thing for the past 13 years, hosting my neighbor and our family of 3 here. My sister is in Florida, my brother died last November, and our parents are both gone as well. Husband's family is in Canada, so there are very few family members to host.

I have a very small family, as I only had one brother, one sister, one aunt, one uncle and one cousin growing up. My mother was an only child and my father had just one sister. His sister died 20 years ago, and her husband has remarried. I am not even sure if he is still my uncle.

So Thanksgiving here in the past 13 years has always been a small gathering, but I still have to cook everything as if there were lots of people attending. LOL

As for Christmas, I am unhappy to report that I have only bought a handful of gifts so far. Usually I am done by Thanksgiving, or almost done! My problem this year is I do not know what people want! I so hate waiting this long to get going on the shopping.

(I did win a local auction this week with some cool vintage Christmas ornaments though!) But our artificial tree needs to be replaced this year, and we cannot decide whether to get a pre-lit one or a non-pre-lit one, or a live one this year, so we have not even bought our tree yet. LOL

Brandi how cool to win vintage Christmas ornaments. Congratulations. Before my mom passed away I cooked for the whole family. Then after just my my family. And who ever the kids invited. Since moving to Texas like I said Babs and I would take turns between the holidays. Then daughter moved here. And I went back to cooking. This year daughter has a new friend and wants to do the cooking. Pretty much because he doesn't like coming here. But that's another story. 

Enjoy you Thanksgiving with your family. I use to be done with my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving way back. But since I only buy for the grand kids & daughter here it's easy. I just send the grand kids & kids in Calif money. Since I have no idea what they like or are into it just easier.

I really don't know what my kids or Grandkids want, except for Cubbie.  The other two and their SO's for lack of a better title, I am not sure.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1204 on: November 24, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »

Brandi how cool to win vintage Christmas ornaments. Congratulations. Before my mom passed away I cooked for the whole family. Then after just my my family. And who ever the kids invited. Since moving to Texas like I said Babs and I would take turns between the holidays. Then daughter moved here. And I went back to cooking. This year daughter has a new friend and wants to do the cooking. Pretty much because he doesn't like coming here. But that's another story. 

Enjoy you Thanksgiving with your family. I use to be done with my Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving way back. But since I only buy for the grand kids & daughter here it's easy. I just send the grand kids & kids in Calif money. Since I have no idea what they like or are into it just easier.

I really don't know what my kids or Grandkids want, except for Cubbie.  The other two and their SO's for lack of a better title, I am not sure.

At my Grandson's birthday party yesterday, he got so much, I think they were going to have to build an extension on their house!  They are young (the kids) so they can all use money.  The baby is so little, he doesn't care, so I will give him money and pick him up something he can carry in his little hands.  He really likes that.  He didn't play with the toys, just the balloons, very predictable for that age.  He is so darn cute.  The other two appreciate money.  I would like to do something with them.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1205 on: November 24, 2013, 02:58:09 PM »

Hey monkeys!     Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Will be working Thanksgiving and then going to eat with my parents,no off day 'til next weekend.  Monkey Devil! It is cold here today.
I have all my Christmas shopping done! I love Amazon.   
Hugs and kisses to you all. 
=
Amazon is nice.  I just don't know what to get.  My Mom likes clothes, but I like to look at them to see if they would fit, if you know what I mean.  Now that she is in a wheelchair most of the time, she is shaped sort of like a ball.  I don't mean around her waist, which she is but top to bottom, too, like one of those figures that have other figures hidden inside, you keep taking one off and another one is inside.  So, it is hard to judge, unless you see it.  My Dad loves candy!  More than that, he loves his family being around, so I am going to try to arrange having his brother come to see him.  I am not sure how I could get my Father there.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: November 24, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »

Will be working Thanksgiving and then going to eat with my parents,no off day 'til next weekend.  Monkey Devil! It is cold here today.

Hugs and kisses to you, too!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1207 on: November 24, 2013, 03:04:51 PM »

One of those things they can't stop watching or turn away from!  I hope it's not a relative! 

I am not a vegetarian, I guess I am a hypocrite.  I can't wear animal skin and won't eat veal. 

With the exception of a baseball glove.

Embarassed

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1208 on: November 24, 2013, 03:09:14 PM »

If you have to work on Thanksgiving, that's the place to do it.  I am sorry you are going to have to work so hard.  Everyone should be festive.  I really miss that about working, celebrating the different holidays and getting in the spirit, no matter how small the holiday.  I would celebrate national earlobe day if they had one!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1209 on: November 24, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »

LOL!

Sorry you are working on turkey day, Trimm. (I hope you get holiday pay for it!)

Enjoy your day with your parents, you are so lucky to have them still. But I know you know that.

It's getting cold here this evening too. Calling for 28º here tonight and 17º tomorrow night!!! Yes, I said 17º. Brrrrrrrrrr.

GE, Glad you get to enjoy the day with your DD and not have to cook! I forget what it's like to have a Thanksgiving meal that I did not cook. LOL

Oh, and after going to several stores today to shop for a Christmas tree, we decided to use our old one after all!

heh

That's too cold!  I don't like it when it is so cold it hurts.  Funny, my son uses the same words, although I haven't told him that. 

You could always have Chinese take out.  They seem to be open every holiday, although most of the owners around here celebrate the holiday with their families.  More and more cultures are being assimilated into American.  My oldest son's SO's father spoke another language until he was 6 and now does not know a word.  My own nephew spoke another language until he was almost 5 and the same thing.  I am not arguing about people learning to speak English, if only for safety's sake, but that the beauty of some cultures die out after a generation or two.  No, CC, I am not calling Chinese food beautiful, although, one near here, which we love, makes Japanese art on the plate when you order.  It is really beautiful.  I always take a picture before I let my son eat it!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: November 24, 2013, 03:33:24 PM »

What's the matter with that guy?  Is he allergic to cats?

I think this is the only cat or kitten picture we have.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: November 24, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »

Oh Monkeys I am so frustrated.  About a month ago some punks took the back wheels off the car next door. Called the local LE got since I didn't have a name etc of the owner they couldn't take a report. But she would send out someone to check it out. Which they never showed up. Last night they came back and took the front wheels.

The problem being the house has been empty since we moved in almost 7 years ago. The couple that lived there he was put in jail for beating her up. She moved out with the two little girls with her parents. The car has sat there all this and there is still power and water on. Someone comes a couple times a year. I figure to turn the AC on and then to turn the heat on for winter.  With the car sitting in the drive way on blocks only shows it's empty. I feel bad as there is nothing I can do. I heard the truck last night but was feeling to bad to get up and look. I wish now I would have.

I'd call the non-emergency number for your local LE and report it. At least there will be a record of it having been reported. Not a whole lot you can do with little information. Hopefully, because these crimes are being committed, the LE will be on the lookout both for similar crimes and maybe check out the area with patrols.

No need to worry about having not called in the middle of the night. I seriously doubt if LE could have or would have gotten there fast enough to catch the thugs.

Don't beat yourself up over this, for goodness sakes!

Wow GE, hate to hear that happening as once it starts they will continue to strip whatever they can.....You'll have to keep an ear out for your vehicles also.....guess you can take one thing from it, the way this Texas Weather eats the rubber, tires won't be of much good after sitting for over 7 years!

Good point, Babs!

Those tires are probably dry-rotted after 7 years sitting on the ground, not being used.

Hi Babs! Good to see ya!

My little car is in dire need of new tires, I can't drive 2 vehicles and prefer my big truck to run around these country roads ( too many rock-haulers) running little ones off the road or just rolling right over them.

Hi Brandi, good to see you too, its been so quiet in here of late, sure do miss all the banter that used to pop up here on JSM's thread............Where has everyone gone, or do I just need to get a life? 

Looks like its about time to change my kitties over to fall/winter, they aren't too happy we have already had a couple of frosty nites , had to get out the heating pads for a couple of the old grumps so time to put the pool away for awhile!

I am sorry, a god friend generously and unbelievably let us use their time share for a week.  Had to haul everyone around for a while to get everyone happy again here.

Freudian slip!  A good friend who is a Godsend!

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1212 on: November 24, 2013, 05:34:14 PM »

What's the matter with that guy?  Is he allergic to cats?

I think this is the only cat or kitten picture we have.

Among other things. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1213 on: November 25, 2013, 06:10:10 AM »

Good morning,

Well, I'm taking Connie and we are going to a very nice hotel, have their "Thanksgiving Feast" and come home the following day.  Her boys hadn't planned anything with her, so off we go on Wednesday.
I can't believe I am saying this, but I am done Christmas shopping.  When I was house bound with the chicken pox, my mighty fingers and I were busy online.  I hate shopping but don't mind it when I can sit on my arse and look at pictures, drink my coffee, smoke my cigs, etc.
Still healing from the Dennis situation.  We still talk, we're still friends, but it still hurts.
Blessings everyone.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1214 on: November 25, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »

Good morning,

Well, I'm taking Connie and we are going to a very nice hotel, have their "Thanksgiving Feast" and come home the following day.  Her boys hadn't planned anything with her, so off we go on Wednesday.
I can't believe I am saying this, but I am done Christmas shopping.  When I was house bound with the chicken pox, my mighty fingers and I were busy online.  I hate shopping but don't mind it when I can sit on my arse and look at pictures, drink my coffee, smoke my cigs, etc.
Still healing from the Dennis situation.  We still talk, we're still friends, but it still hurts.
Blessings everyone.

Sister,

That sounds nice going going and staying at a nice hotel with Connie for a nice Thanksgiving dinner. That's wonderful that you are done with your Christmas shopping. I have pretty much done all my shopping on line the past few years. Beats fighting the people at the stores. 

Continued Prayers for you Connie and George. How is George doing?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1215 on: November 25, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »

Hope all the monkeys in Texas survived the storm . 

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1216 on: November 25, 2013, 04:36:14 PM »

Hope all the monkeys in Texas survived the storm . 

Hey 4 Donks this Monkey didn't get much of a storm. Grandson & I were hoping for one so he could stay longer with us.  It went around us again. We got to 40 today and only went down to 34 last night.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1217 on: November 26, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »

Hey monkeys! Enough rain already. 
Found out I will get the weekend off after working on Thanksgiving...no extra pay.Oh well,at least I get to feed people and get my time in and working on Black Friday should interesting...come on shoppers and get your belly full.  Monkey Devil!

Gotta try and read a little before I get too sleepy. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1218 on: November 26, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »

One of my  is always getting ear infections.  Anyone know of a good home remedy for ear problems?  I hate to keep getting the antibiotic ear ointment.   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1219 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »

One of my  is always getting ear infections.  Anyone know of a good home remedy for ear problems?  I hate to keep getting the antibiotic ear ointment.   

LOL

I answered you in my thread. I had a feeling you meant to ask it here instead of there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.