March 28, 2024, 06:46:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022439 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1380 on: December 30, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »

Too bad JSM no longer stops by here.  May finally be time to shut down this thread and move to Musings?  I may do that in 2014.   

Can I second that resolution?   

Can I third that resolution? 

Can I say Hello!!!! and I will find you monkeys where ever you go.    Monkey Devil!

Good to see you, Trimm! Hope you had a great Christmas.

One of my concerns was the monkeys who just come by and read and those who post periodically being able to find us. There are quite a few monkeys who love this thread and don't post often. (I have been on the Internet daily for almost 19 years and sometimes I get lost in this forum!)

We know you are a super sleuth and would not lose us. heh Thank goodness!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1381 on: December 30, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

Update on Connie:
first the good news -- she didn't have a stroke;
not so good news -- somehow she shattered her ankle and her shin bones, plus other bones.  Claims she didn't fall.  I am obviously home now -- letting the boys be in charge.  Very hard for me to do, but if I don't, can't complain later they aren't doing enough.
Was suppose to head out today for some R & R -- still going -- sshhh -- it's only 45 miles away, but feels like a new place.  So if they really need me, I am close.
Hope everyone has a good New Year.  I am looking forward to it!
Blessings.

Oh, Sister!

I am so relieved to hear Connie did not have a stroke. But so sorry she shattered bones. Oh dear. Poor thing.

Here's hoping the boys can take good care of her and you can actually get that R & R after this scary day. At least you will be close if you are needed.

You sure deserve some R & R.

Hoping all of us here have a super 2014 (wow, it's hard to type that number, how can it be 2014 already? Where do the years go? LOL) full of love, friendship, family and new adventures to enjoy and grow.

Yikes another year has gone bye. I use to think my parents were crazy when they talked about how fast the time was going bye. It took forever to wait for a birthday or school being out for the summer and Christmas would never come. But as I got older and had my family it started speeding up. Yikes now I am retired it seems it's on a fast track and gains speed every year.

I am with you Brandi where did the year go. I found out my daughter is thinking of moving back to Calif next summer. Which is really upsetting for me. Not that her and her new significant other are leaving but because she will be taking my youngest grand son with her.  And I don't think it will be in his best interest to move him now. I guess if it was because she had a opportunity for better employment or health reasons I would feel better about it. But because her significant other hates it here, and wants to go back. 

Time will tell. Until then I plan on enjoying having him here with us as much as I can. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1382 on: December 30, 2013, 05:22:56 PM »

I just changed the name to:

MONKEY LOUNGE CHAT ROOM - New Name Same Old Place

Thread will stay here under this new name unless you guys come up with a better name you would like to call it 

Thank you, Klaas!

I have been thinking of some new names, as 4 Donks suggested. (That was a great idea, 4 Donks!)

I'll post some in a while, and hopefully other people will come up with some, and we can all decide which we like best!

If you post the names I'll do a POLL at the top of the thread and whichever name gets the most votes we can use!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1383 on: December 30, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »

Thread will stay here under this new name unless you guys come up with a better name you would like to call it 

Thank you, Klaas!

I have been thinking of some new names, as 4 Donks suggested. (That was a great idea, 4 Donks!)

I'll post some in a while, and hopefully other people will come up with some, and we can all decide which we like best!

If you post the names I'll do a POLL at the top of the thread and whichever name gets the most votes we can use!

Great idea, Klaas.

Monkeys, put your thinking caps on and suggest some thread names!

I'll post some later tonight.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1384 on: December 30, 2013, 07:33:56 PM »

Update on Connie:
not so good news -- somehow she shattered her ankle and her shin bones, plus other bones.  Claims she didn't fall.  I am obviously home now -- letting the boys be in charge.  Very hard for me to do, but if I don't, can't complain later they aren't doing enough.
Was suppose to head out today for some R & R -- still going -- sshhh -- it's only 45 miles away, but feels like a new place.  So if they really need me, I am close.
Blessings.

So sorry to hear about Connie. 
Enjoy your R & R as you welcome in the New Year.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1385 on: December 30, 2013, 07:43:07 PM »

Update on Connie:
Blessings.

Oh, Sister!

I am so relieved to hear Connie did not have a stroke. But so sorry she shattered bones. Oh dear. Poor thing.

Here's hoping the boys can take good care of her and you can actually get that R & R after this scary day. At least you will be close if you are needed.

You sure deserve some R & R.

Hoping all of us here have a super 2014 (wow, it's hard to type that number, how can it be 2014 already? Where do the years go? LOL) full of love, friendship, family and new adventures to enjoy and grow.

Yikes another year has gone bye. I use to think my parents were crazy when they talked about how fast the time was going bye. It took forever to wait for a birthday or school being out for the summer and Christmas would never come. But as I got older and had my family it started speeding up. Yikes now I am retired it seems it's on a fast track and gains speed every year.

I am with you Brandi where did the year go. I found out my daughter is thinking of moving back to Calif next summer. Which is really upsetting for me. Not that her and her new significant other are leaving but because she will be taking my youngest grand son with her.  And I don't think it will be in his best interest to move him now. I guess if it was because she had a opportunity for better employment or health reasons I would feel better about it. But because her significant other hates it here, and wants to go back. 

Time will tell. Until then I plan on enjoying having him here with us as much as I can. 

I'm sorry you are sad about the above circumstances, and I certainly understand.  A lot can happen before next summer...
 an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1386 on: December 30, 2013, 07:47:27 PM »

Too bad JSM no longer stops by here.  May finally be time to shut down this thread and move to Musings?  I may do that in 2014.   

Can I second that resolution?   

Can I third that resolution? 

Can I say Hello!!!! and I will find you monkeys where ever you go.    Monkey Devil!

Hello, hello!  Happy New Year!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: December 30, 2013, 07:50:09 PM »

Happy New Year Monkeys!   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1388 on: December 30, 2013, 08:16:37 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1389 on: December 31, 2013, 12:50:47 AM »

Thank you, Klaas!

Great idea, Klaas.

As promised, I am going to post some thread name suggestions.

(We are in the process of negotiating on a house, and tonight has been extremely stressful. That's why I am posting so late. Well, not really late for me. But I missed the midnight deadline.)

What I wanted to convey in the thread names is our welcoming nature and an implied invitation to join us here. In choosing names, I was careful not to make a name sound exclusive to just us. I hope I succeeded.

I also think as Klaas renamed this thread today, she added this to the name: - New Name Same Old Place. I hope we can do that as well, saying - Come join us! to each name instead.

Like this:

Cheerful Chimp Chat - Come join us!

I am just going to post the names that I came up with though. Hope I am making sense!

My suggestions:

Cheerful Chimp Chat
Fireside Chatters
The Comfort Zone
Heart-to-Heart Chat
Creature Comforts Chat
Team Spirit Chat
Monkey Buddies Chat
Monkey Hangout
Monkey Playground

And all these would have - Come join us! as part of the name.

So those are my suggestions. I hope some more suggestions come in!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1390 on: December 31, 2013, 08:38:25 AM »

Happy New Year!

NATION -- December 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM ET
Having a ball: The history behind American New Year's Eve celebrations

By: Ellen Rolfes

With the creation of standard time, time balls were invented so that sailors could adjust their chronometers, or timepieces, while at sea. With a telescope, they would scope the harbor and watch for a time ball to drop at a specific time, usually noon or 1 p.m. The first time ball was installed in 1829 in Portsmouth, England. The U.S. Naval Observatory followed suit and began dropping a time ball in 1845 in Washington's Foggy Bottom neighborhood. Soon many port towns and cities adopted the practice.

The New York Times building in midtown Manhattan was completed in 1904. Photo by A. Loeffler, Tompkinsville, N.Y./Library of Congress

It was one of these time balls that became the inspiration for Walter Palmer, The New York Times' chief electrician, who reimagined the maritime timekeeping ritual as a unique finale to the city's end-of-the-year party. (cont.)

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2013/12/having-a-ball-the-history-behind-american-new-years-eve-celebrations.html

New Year's Eve traditions take local twists with unique ball drops

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/multimedia/newyearseve/index.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1391 on: December 31, 2013, 12:14:21 PM »

Just  an update on Connie,
After her surgery yesterday afternoon, the doctor believes she will never walk again and will not be able to live independently.  This has thrown Connie in a major downward spiral.  All she can do is cry.  I spent the night at the hospital.  Please pray for her, send her positive light and energy, or whatever your belief system is.  She needs us very much.  It may be we are one prayer removed from a miracle!
Blessings

This is certainly not the foot I had hoped to start the new year with -- but it is what it is.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1392 on: December 31, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »

After her surgery yesterday afternoon, the doctor believes she will never walk again and will not be able to live independently.  This has thrown Connie in a major downward spiral.  All she can do is cry.  I spent the night at the hospital.  Please pray for her, send her positive light and energy, or whatever your belief system is.  She needs us very much.  It may be we are one prayer removed from a miracle!
Blessings

This is certainly not the foot I had hoped to start the new year with -- but it is what it is.

I am so sorry. She is certainly in my prayers along with you.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1393 on: December 31, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »

Blessings

I am so sorry to hear this, Sister. Every time I think of you, I also think of Connie. Just automatically.

My thoughts go out to you both and everyone involved with her care.

You are a strong woman, and I am sure Connie has some of that strength as well.

Wishing for the very best, even a miracle. (The doctor could be wrong. Let's hope so!)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1394 on: December 31, 2013, 01:39:26 PM »

Thank you, Klaas!

Great idea, Klaas.

As promised, I am going to post some thread name suggestions.

(We are in the process of negotiating on a house, and tonight has been extremely stressful. That's why I am posting so late. Well, not really late for me. But I missed the midnight deadline.)

What I wanted to convey in the thread names is our welcoming nature and an implied invitation to join us here. In choosing names, I was careful not to make a name sound exclusive to just us. I hope I succeeded.

I also think as Klaas renamed this thread today, she added this to the name: - New Name Same Old Place. I hope we can do that as well, saying - Come join us! to each name instead.

Like this:

Cheerful Chimp Chat - Come join us!

I am just going to post the names that I came up with though. Hope I am making sense!

My suggestions:

Cheerful Chimp Chat
Fireside Chatters
The Comfort Zone
Heart-to-Heart Chat
Creature Comforts Chat
Team Spirit Chat
Monkey Buddies Chat
Monkey Hangout
Monkey Playground

And all these would have - Come join us! as part of the name.

So those are my suggestions. I hope some more suggestions come in!

My emphasis with bold green.  I think it's wonderful there is a group of monkeys that enjoy chatting and sharing with one another.    My former objection to this thread was the very thing  some felt about the Musings thread.  When I was a moderator I had received some emails and comments from some posters wondering if it was okay to post in here, since it seemed to be a clique, something exclusive and they were wondering how they would be received.  I don't believe this was intentional, perhaps it was a very human and natural thing for folks to gravitate to one another.  Does that make sense?   It was unfortunately some folks perception there was an us and a them.  I think the thread has evolved in a very, good way.   Kudos to you Brandi for your open and encouraging post, which to me clears up the concerns some had in the past and makes way for the future.     Renaming the thread is a good start.     This is all just my opinion and for what it's worth, my two cents, which isn't much.         Moving right along....   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1395 on: December 31, 2013, 01:45:50 PM »

Blessings

I'm so sorry Sister.  I'll continue to include Connie in my prayers.   an angelic monkey

Link to Connie's Candles:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=conni

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1396 on: December 31, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »

Blessings

Sister - I'm so sorry to hear about Connie.  I will pray for a miracle.  HUGS to both of you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1397 on: December 31, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »

I've added a POLL to the top of the thread.  It will last a week.  I've put Brandi's suggestions there but I can add options and also you can change your vote. 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1398 on: December 31, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »

Blessings

Sister I truly am sorry to hear about Connie. She and the entire family are in my Prayers. I am sure she is heart broken that she can't live on her own any more. It is hard to give up our independents. Prayers and hugs headed your way.  an angelic monkey 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1399 on: December 31, 2013, 06:06:45 PM »

Brandi those are some wonderful names. I just don't know which one I like best.   Thank you for coming up with them. My old tried brain cells just couldn't come up with any thing.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.