March 28, 2024, 05:26:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022632 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: December 31, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »

Brandi those are some wonderful names. I just don't know which one I like best.   Thank you for coming up with them. My old tried brain cells just couldn't come up with any thing.   

How nice of you to say, Green Eyes.

I worked on them off and on throughout the day and night. I am not really good at that kind of thing, but I did my best. Not sure which I like the best either.

Didn't get the house yet, but we are still working on it. I really love the property, but the terms and price have to be just right. We are also in no hurry to move, so time is on our side. Wish us luck!

Hope everyone is having a grand old New Year's Eve. We are so pooped from negotiations last night and today, that we can barely keep our eyes open. And we are both night owls! LOL

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1401 on: December 31, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEARS MONKEYS 2014
Hope everyone has a great year. Those out celebrating be safe. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1402 on: December 31, 2013, 10:59:06 PM »

Brandi those are some wonderful names. I just don't know which one I like best.   Thank you for coming up with them. My old tried brain cells just couldn't come up with any thing.   

How nice of you to say, Green Eyes.

I worked on them off and on throughout the day and night. I am not really good at that kind of thing, but I did my best. Not sure which I like the best either.

Didn't get the house yet, but we are still working on it. I really love the property, but the terms and price have to be just right. We are also in no hurry to move, so time is on our side. Wish us luck!

Hope everyone is having a grand old New Year's Eve. We are so pooped from negotiations last night and today, that we can barely keep our eyes open. And we are both night owls! LOL

Good Luck getting the new house you are  trying to get. It can get never wracking for sure. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1403 on: December 31, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »

Update on Connie:
first the good news -- she didn't have a stroke;
not so good news -- somehow she shattered her ankle and her shin bones, plus other bones.  Claims she didn't fall.  I am obviously home now -- letting the boys be in charge.  Very hard for me to do, but if I don't, can't complain later they aren't doing enough.
Was suppose to head out today for some R & R -- still going -- sshhh -- it's only 45 miles away, but feels like a new place.  So if they really need me, I am close.
Hope everyone has a good New Year.  I am looking forward to it!
Blessings.

Continuing prayers for Connie and all her loved ones.  Take care also Sister.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: January 01, 2014, 03:58:09 AM »

Sister
You and Connie will be in my prayers. I certainly can empathize with you hoping 2014 would be better than 2013.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1405 on: January 01, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »

Although I made myself clear about not wanting anything for Christmas I still got stuff. One is a complete exterior video surveillance system to keep an eye on the donkeys 24/7 without having to physically go to the barn. The video cameras are in color but also night vision. It comes with a hand held monitor, can be viewed on my laptop, smartphone and TV. It can be activated by motion or pre-timed. 2 cameras inside the barn, 2 mounted on the exterior of the barn so the pasture can be monitored and 2 for viewing the dogs in the yard. I feel like James Bond. This is the part that is freaking me out. As you know I don't have a TV but they bought me a 32" flat screen to mount on the office wall as a monitor for the system. Just imagine Hobbs in glorious color live on your office wall....just saying. Although I will be able to confuse them because I will be able to talk to them from the house but they can also talk to me. Will be interesting when it is installed next week.

Hoping everyone had a happy and safe New Years.

Brandi I voted great name choices.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1406 on: January 01, 2014, 04:34:00 AM »

Although I made myself clear about not wanting anything for Christmas I still got stuff. One is a complete exterior video surveillance system to keep an eye on the donkeys 24/7 without having to physically go to the barn. The video cameras are in color but also night vision. It comes with a hand held monitor, can be viewed on my laptop, smartphone and TV. It can be activated by motion or pre-timed. 2 cameras inside the barn, 2 mounted on the exterior of the barn so the pasture can be monitored and 2 for viewing the dogs in the yard. I feel like James Bond. This is the part that is freaking me out. As you know I don't have a TV but they bought me a 32" flat screen to mount on the office wall as a monitor for the system. Just imagine Hobbs in glorious color live on your office wall....just saying. Although I will be able to confuse them because I will be able to talk to them from the house but they can also talk to me. Will be interesting when it is installed next week.

4Donks that is so cool. And a very good idea. Safety for the Donks and you. I can just see Hobbs now. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1407 on: January 01, 2014, 10:27:51 AM »

Can you tape Hobbs reaction when you talk to him long distance. It would be amazing.   

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1408 on: January 01, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift, 4 Donks!

Does this mean you can upload some footage so we can see the dogs and donks in action? That would be so cool.

Thank you about the thread names comment. I am not sure I will vote, since I came up with all the choices (so far).

Still thinking about it.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1409 on: January 02, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

To all our East Coast Monkeys. Stay safe and warm with the new storm headed your way. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1410 on: January 02, 2014, 03:50:32 PM »

To all our East Coast Monkeys. Stay safe and warm with the new storm headed your way. 

Just calling for a few snow showers and windy conditions here in VA. But it is gonna be really cold. Down to 22º tonight and not above freezing all day tomorrow (29º during the day for a high) and calling for 12º tomorrow night.

BRRR

Nothing like those way up north are gonna get though, along with snow.

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1411 on: January 02, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »

Prayers to all monkeys in need/   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I suggest we add "CC's Chimp Chat & Censure Corner" to the poll.   

Do No Evil 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1412 on: January 02, 2014, 04:32:00 PM »

Happy New Years Monkeys.... I understand the name change. I haven't been myself lately. Kind of a bit of depression I guess. I pray that you all have a wonderful New Year in 2014. Really stressed out about my job with this Obamacare coming and we are losing business.

My new year resolution is to log into monkeys every day, try not to be depressed, and take every day as it comes instead on dwelling on what may happen in the future.

God bless you all and if you don't mind, pray for my friend. She was in a wreck in early November, she lost her leg, her spleen and liver were basically exploded. She is still in hospital due to infection in her abdomen. Plus she doesn't have insurance, the hospital has given her a years worth of coverage because she is basically indigent now.

I miss and love you all.  an angelic monkey 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1413 on: January 02, 2014, 05:05:14 PM »

Happy New Years Monkeys.... I understand the name change. I haven't been myself lately. Kind of a bit of depression I guess. I pray that you all have a wonderful New Year in 2014. Really stressed out about my job with this Obamacare coming and we are losing business.

My new year resolution is to log into monkeys every day, try not to be depressed, and take every day as it comes instead on dwelling on what may happen in the future.

God bless you all and if you don't mind, pray for my friend. She was in a wreck in early November, she lost her leg, her spleen and liver were basically exploded. She is still in hospital due to infection in her abdomen. Plus she doesn't have insurance, the hospital has given her a years worth of coverage because she is basically indigent now.

Glad to see you JSM. Try not to worry too much - you have CC to take care of you if the job goes away. Smile 

Doesn't Texas have medical as part of your auto insurance?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1414 on: January 02, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »

Added
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1415 on: January 02, 2014, 05:39:01 PM »

Sorry you are stressed JSM.  I bet everything will be good with your job.  If something does happen to it then CC will just have to support you in the way of which you have been accustomed to   

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  I'll keep her in my prayers.  an angelic monkey
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1416 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »

Glad to see you JSM. Try not to worry too much - you have CC to take care of you if the job goes away. Smile 

Doesn't Texas have medical as part of your auto insurance?
Hey TBM she only had collision, so no she didn't have any insurance. She is at a county hospital, but after she had the wreck her parents moved her address to Johnson Co which isn't in the JPS network. She lived in Tarrant Co forever, paid taxes, but once you move out of network, you are basically screwed. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #1417 on: January 02, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »

Added

Something fishy here.  I use to be able vote three times when I lived in Chicago.   

Do No Evil 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1418 on: January 02, 2014, 05:48:06 PM »

Sorry you are stressed JSM.  I bet everything will be good with your job.  If something does happen to it then CC will just have to support you in the way of which you have been accustomed to   

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  I'll keep her in my prayers.  an angelic monkey
Thank you Klaas, just don't know what is going to happen. CC is always here for me. My dog bite bills are really not helping my depression.  an angelic monkey

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1419 on: January 02, 2014, 06:15:07 PM »

Too bad JSM no longer stops by here.  May finally be time to shut down this thread and move to Musings?  I may do that in 2014.   

What's wrong with having both threads? Just wondering. I feel so comfortable here!

(I have bad memories of the other thread. When I was new-ish here, I tried chatting in that thread and there were some people who were very mean to me there, teasing me and not in a fun way. I never mentioned it to anyone, but I did stop posting there. Never felt welcome there.at.all.)

Not complaining about the past. Just saying why I personally would like to see this thread stay alive.

Coming here is like putting on a comfortable old robe. You guys have really helped me through some tough times with your caring and sense of humor and Brandi's knockout graphics. Perhaps at Klaas' suggestion we start another thread...have a suggestion box for a new name. 

I agree 4Donks maybe we can come up with a new name.  I post in Musings and here. Some times I post the same thing other times I don't. I wish the Thread could stay open. All the Monkeys have become part of my family. It will be like losing a loved one. Hope someone can think of a new name. 

I agree with many others that have posted here. I love this small group. I have been over to musings a couple of times but never felt as connected as I do her. I would hate to  see our small group broken up - perhaps another name would be good.

Agree with all the above. I enjoy this thread. Maybe JSM doesn't post here anymore but the rest of us still do.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.