March 28, 2024, 06:41:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022438 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1740 on: February 15, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »

Welcome!

I used to have to clear my cache a lot when I used Opera, but almost never do it with Firefox.

Can't remember the last time I did.

And I think I am what one would classify as a power user. LOL I often have at least 12 or more tabs open at a time.

But good to know it was a cache problem, and you know what to do if it happens again.

Good work!

I have a bunch of tabs open at the same time too. Drive hubs nuts if he wants to use my puter - he does not often but sometimes his is off and he wants to look something up quick.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1741 on: February 17, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »

Snow and ice has disappeared. Today a high close to 60 degrees and the pear tree is starting to show leaf buds and the daffodils  are about 4" of green. This is the reality of living in Alabama. Never know what will happen next but rain tonight turning to snow flurries without accumulation. Have had the donks confined to the barn because I feared a slip and fall with the ice. Today they are running free.

Sister continuing prayers for you and Connie.

Thank you and everyone for your prayers.  Things are just not good and it has me depressed for sure.

4Donks, I played a game on Facebook and it said I should be living in Alabama.  You know, that's where Belle came from . . . maybe it's a sign.  There have been many times I would like to run away . . .

Blessings to all.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1742 on: February 17, 2014, 06:34:29 PM »

Snow and ice has disappeared. Today a high close to 60 degrees and the pear tree is starting to show leaf buds and the daffodils  are about 4" of green. This is the reality of living in Alabama. Never know what will happen next but rain tonight turning to snow flurries without accumulation. Have had the donks confined to the barn because I feared a slip and fall with the ice. Today they are running free.

Thank you and everyone for your prayers.  Things are just not good and it has me depressed for sure.

4Donks, I played a game on Facebook and it said I should be living in Alabama.  You know, that's where Belle came from . . . maybe it's a sign.  There have been many times I would like to run away . . .

Blessings to all.

Sister,

Wish I had some encouraging words for you.

Just know you and Connie (and Belle) are in my thoughts every day and I wish the very best for you.

Hugs!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1743 on: February 17, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »

Blessings to all.

Sorry you are so down and life is so difficult for you and Connie.  Sending love and lots of prayers your way.    an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1744 on: February 17, 2014, 08:43:48 PM »

Greeting to all the monkeys from the cold north. 

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1745 on: February 17, 2014, 10:16:59 PM »

Blessings to all.

Sister sorry to hear about Connie. Prayers and hugs headed your way.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1746 on: February 17, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   

Hi Can   Good to see you. Stay warm and be careful when you go out.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1747 on: February 18, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   

I hope they are both okay!

Been a long time since I've seen Bearly post.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1748 on: February 18, 2014, 02:13:10 AM »

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   

I've seen Bearly on Facebook Brandi.....She is having problems also with her parents health-wise.  Sure seems to be running its course with all these medical issues of late.......

My Hubs is still in  re-hab learning to walk again...........strokes, dementia and the fall he took has really taken its toll....Just wondering how its going to be when he comes home........I'm definitly not a nurse and I don't do diapers...should be interesting.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1749 on: February 18, 2014, 12:08:50 PM »

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   

I've seen Bearly on Facebook Brandi.....She is having problems also with her parents health-wise.  Sure seems to be running its course with all these medical issues of late.......

My Hubs is still in  re-hab learning to walk again...........strokes, dementia and the fall he took has really taken its toll....Just wondering how its going to be when he comes home........I'm definitly not a nurse and I don't do diapers...should be interesting.

Oh, thank you for passing on the info about Bearly. So sorry she is having to deal with family health issues.

And I hear you loud and clear, Babs. It's so difficult when loved ones have dementia plus health issues. Not sure I have ever heard you mention children. Do you have any family support to help you when your husband comes home? My heart really goes out to you.

I am still dealing with my neighbor Ray (he came home from his sister's back in July after having been hospitalized with dementia) and just had a double bypass and heart valve replacement this month. He is recovering in a nursing home and will probably be released some time this week to come home. I have been doing everything for him, shopping, ordering his medications, making sure he is taking them, paying his bills, managing his finances (what little there are of them) doing his laundry, encouraging him to live a healthy life (that's like spitting in the wind) and my husband has been taking care of his yard, and doing his home maintenance stuff. We haven't told him about buying a new house yet. Going to be difficult to manage his life from 40 miles away, but with the help of another neighbor, we're going to try. *sigh* And with dementia, things do not get better.

So know I think of you almost every time I have to deal with Ray's situation. Like you, I am not cut out to be a nurse. It's just not in my DNA. The best I can do is try to be encouraging, tell Ray he is doing better, and that tends to actually help him on some days to be better, to a degree. Dementia patients can get very demanding too. Unreasonably so. It's important to realize it's the disease, not the individual talking most times. But difficult to do. It's definitely important for the caregiver to have support. There's lots of info online about it, and that can help, reading about others and how they deal with things.

Hugs to you, Babs!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1750 on: February 18, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »

Happy St. Valentine's Day,

I have pushing around snow for two days.  The snow is beginning to look like ice cream.
More snow, tomorrow, or what looks like ice cream, to me. 

Happy Valentines Day to you too Seahorse and all the other Monkeys. Having mine with hubs and grandsons. Had Hamburgers.   I was happy I didn't have to cook.   Hopefully after tomorrow you will get a break from your (snow ) ice Cream.

Thank-you, Green Eyes!  It was a nice St. Valentine's Day.
I am now hungry for Hamburger's!   

Green Eyes, Have you ever given the bird's, peanut butter?  I know what a question Smile  Thank-you.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1751 on: February 18, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »

Happy St. Valentine's Day,

I have pushing around snow for two days.  The snow is beginning to look like ice cream.
More snow, tomorrow, or what looks like ice cream, to me. 

Happy Valentines Day to you too Seahorse and all the other Monkeys. Having mine with hubs and grandsons. Had Hamburgers.   I was happy I didn't have to cook.   Hopefully after tomorrow you will get a break from your (snow ) ice Cream.

Thank-you, Green Eyes!  It was a nice St. Valentine's Day.
I am now hungry for Hamburger's!   

Green Eyes, Have you ever given the bird's, peanut butter?  I know what a question Smile  Thank-you.

Seahorse that is funny you ask about peanut butter and birds. I was going to make some home made feeders with grandson this week end.   Hadn't  done it in a long time. We use to make them all time when the grand kids were all little.

We use to take an old toilet paper roll and spread peanut butter on it then roll it around in a bowl of birdseed and hang them off the tree limbs or peel an apple and do the same thing. But had to use thin wire to put thru the apple to be able to hang it.  The birds loved them. So yes I have given birds peanut butter. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1752 on: February 18, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »

Green eyes,

What a brilliant idea    Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you.

I will do the cardboard tube rolled in peanut and seeds.        I may roll the cardboard tube in suet and seed, too.

Suet?  do you hang suet balls?  How do you outsmart the squirrels?   

I have two suet hanging containers, but because the chips on suet fall on the ground, I have a concern of attacking mice. 
I like the rolling a cardboard tube, in suet, yes, cooked suet, but cooled.  Smile

Yes, I did like you about peanut butter, sorry, I trailed off the subject.  When I go to Aldi's, I am going to stock up on more
peanut butter.  I understand rodents like peanuts, so I will buy plain peanut butter, next time. 

Thank-you, green eyes, I knew you are resourceful, this is why I asked you asked I knew would be answered. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1753 on: February 18, 2014, 03:17:55 PM »

Green eyes,

What a brilliant idea    Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you.

I will do the cardboard tube rolled in peanut and seeds.        I may roll the cardboard tube in suet and seed, too.

Suet?  do you hang suet balls?  How do you outsmart the squirrels?   

I have two suet hanging containers, but because the chips on suet fall on the ground, I have a concern of attacking mice. 
I like the rolling a cardboard tube, in suet, yes, cooked suet, but cooled.  Smile

Yes, I did like you about peanut butter, sorry, I trailed off the subject.  When I go to Aldi's, I am going to stock up on more
peanut butter.  I understand rodents like peanuts, so I will buy plain peanut butter, next time. 

Thank-you, green eyes, I knew you are resourceful, this is why I asked you asked I knew would be answered. 

Seahorse you're welcome.  I don't know how resourceful I am. But after many years working with kids it kind of stays with you all those projects I did with them. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1754 on: February 18, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   

Oh, thank you for passing on the info about Bearly. So sorry she is having to deal with family health issues.

And I hear you loud and clear, Babs. It's so difficult when loved ones have dementia plus health issues. Not sure I have ever heard you mention children. Do you have any family support to help you when your husband comes home? My heart really goes out to you.

I am still dealing with my neighbor Ray (he came home from his sister's back in July after having been hospitalized with dementia) and just had a double bypass and heart valve replacement this month. He is recovering in a nursing home and will probably be released some time this week to come home. I have been doing everything for him, shopping, ordering his medications, making sure he is taking them, paying his bills, managing his finances (what little there are of them) doing his laundry, encouraging him to live a healthy life (that's like spitting in the wind) and my husband has been taking care of his yard, and doing his home maintenance stuff. We haven't told him about buying a new house yet. Going to be difficult to manage his life from 40 miles away, but with the help of another neighbor, we're going to try. *sigh* And with dementia, things do not get better.

So know I think of you almost every time I have to deal with Ray's situation. Like you, I am not cut out to be a nurse. It's just not in my DNA. The best I can do is try to be encouraging, tell Ray he is doing better, and that tends to actually help him on some days to be better, to a degree. Dementia patients can get very demanding too. Unreasonably so. It's important to realize it's the disease, not the individual talking most times. But difficult to do. It's definitely important for the caregiver to have support. There's lots of info online about it, and that can help, reading about others and how they deal with things.

Hugs to you, Babs!
Thankyou Brandi, yes it is so difficult being the caregiver dealing with so many issues, especially the mental health behind the illness.  This being my second go round is exhausting as less than 4 years ago I was care giver for my dad also, so unfortunately its not new to me!

Yes, I have my 45 year old son living here with us, he is a great help but also has health issues (severe back injury, made worse from surgery) so although we attempt to keep things on an even keel it is difficult on a day to day basis.

I guess the personality changes are the worst, never knowing from one minute to the next when the confusion and temper will flair.  Its a horrible destructive illness for all concerned.  Having to remind yourself that its no longer the person mentally that we've shared most of our lives with!

Life goes on and dealing and coping is always a struggle it seems, yes it would be easier on me if he could stay in the care home but financially its impossible, so if they can get him physicaly back on his feet, we shall trudge on from there!

Do you think your neighbor will be able to stay in his home much longer?  The forgetfullness is so dangerous when they are by themselves...Wandering off, trying to even prepare themselves something hot to drink, bathing and just dressing can be a harrowing experience for them.  It seems the farther it progresses choking on food is one of the biggest downfalls, thats what happened to my dad, he was ingesting food and liquids into his lungs and it developed into pneumonia which I understand is the most common cause of death. 

Thankyou again for your kind words and I am so happy you found your new home and look forward to hearing about your move.
luv Babs
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1755 on: February 18, 2014, 07:57:22 PM »

Babs,

For space considerations, I am starting a new post rather than quoting that long one above.

Yes, I am sure his time living alone will come to an end, but for now, he is doing okay. We disconnected his stove/oven and he thinks it just broke. He hasn't had access to it since he got home in July. He uses a microwave and a crock pot for cooking everything. And seems okay with that. I call him at least once a day and check to see if he has taken his meds, he takes them in the morning and before bed. So far, so good. He REALLY likes living alone. I think that's what's best for him right now, mentally. I am hoping he can go back and stay with his sister when he needs to be living with someone to help him on a daily basis.

He doesn't get really mad or mean (yet) but does tend to get frustrated some, more upset with himself than others.

Besides me, his neighbor on the other side of him will be able to check on him and maybe do his shopping for him or take him out on occasion. I sold his vehicle last Spring for him so he cannot drive now. Don't have to worry about him driving and not finding his way home, or worse, having an accident. So far, he is not a wanderer.

We have not told anyone in our neighborhood about moving yet. Just seems premature until we actually close on the new house. When we close, I will talk to his other neighbor and see what she can do for him. Husband has a business near here that he services a couple of times a week, and he can drop off/pick up things that Ray needs even after we move.

I'll be real busy if/when that happens, packing and moving stuff and we need to do some renovations at this house before we sell it. Lots of stuff to do, but cannot really do anything yet because there is always the possibility of the sale not going through. I hate this living in limbo. LOL

Glad your son is there for moral support. That's so important!

Hugs to you!

Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1756 on: February 19, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »

Hello my lovely bunch of Monkeys, I miss you all very much.  Finally found my log-in, in my email.  I do read, I am up there as a guest but decided to really try to log back in today and it worked, yay.    I am making progress just by posting this and believe me that is a good thing. 

Hugs,

Magic 

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1757 on: February 19, 2014, 04:12:03 PM »

Hello my lovely bunch of Monkeys, I miss you all very much.  Finally found my log-in, in my email.  I do read, I am up there as a guest but decided to really try to log back in today and it worked, yay.    I am making progress just by posting this and believe me that is a good thing. 

Hugs,

Magic 

Good for you Magic Eyes  Great to see you.  Baby Steps are good things. Continued Prayers for you and those baby steps. Have missed you.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1758 on: February 19, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »

Hugs,

Magic 

{{{{{{{{ Magic Eyes, Casper and hubby }}}}}}}}

So good to hear from you!

Keep hanging in there and growing!

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1759 on: February 20, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »

JSM - 

Bearly - miss you!   

Hi Can   Good to see you. Stay warm and be careful when you go out.  an angelic monkey

Thanks GE - yesterday was a beautiful mild sunny day.  Felt so good to go out and feel comfortable in the elements.  Today, we're expecting tons of rain and hubs will check our street drain to make sure it's clear of ice and debri so we don't get the run off.

Hope you're doing o.k.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.