March 28, 2024, 11:44:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022531 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1840 on: March 06, 2014, 06:11:51 PM »

Hi ya monkeys!   
Brand,love the photos!   

Trimm!!!!

So good to see you!

Glad you liked the pics of Brandi in the snow Wink

And it's not over yet!

Calling for sleet, snow and freezing rain in the early morning, just in time for rush hour! Good thing, though, it is supposed to be up to 39º later in the day. Now to convince my Canadian husband to leave later than usual for work. Wish me luck in that endeavor!

Oh, Spring, where art thou???

Good Luck talking hubs into leaving a little bit later for work.   

Spring will be here soon. I hope   I just read that the Great Lakes are now 91 percent frozen over. 

Which is down - it was 98% - we lost a lot of ice when we had our one warmish day - in the 30s with wind and a little rain. Supposed to be in the 40s Saturday!  Going to get out the shorts! 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1841 on: March 06, 2014, 07:36:17 PM »

Hi ya monkeys!   
Brand,love the photos!   

Trimm!!!!

So good to see you!

Glad you liked the pics of Brandi in the snow Wink

And it's not over yet!

Calling for sleet, snow and freezing rain in the early morning, just in time for rush hour! Good thing, though, it is supposed to be up to 39º later in the day. Now to convince my Canadian husband to leave later than usual for work. Wish me luck in that endeavor!

Oh, Spring, where art thou???

Good Luck talking hubs into leaving a little bit later for work.   

Spring will be here soon. I hope   I just read that the Great Lakes are now 91 percent frozen over. 

Which is down - it was 98% - we lost a lot of ice when we had our one warmish day - in the 30s with wind and a little rain. Supposed to be in the 40s Saturday!  Going to get out the shorts! 

TBM  I hadn't heard that. The last I heard was 86 percent frozen and something about back in the 90's it had been 90 percent frozen and way back in 74 it was 95 percent frozen. That's just down right cold. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1842 on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:47 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show at 9PM ET tonight!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1843 on: March 08, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »

Gorgeous day here today! 61º here right now, calling for a high of 62. I bet it goes a bit higher. And sunshine too! Still snow on the ground, but it's melting fast. I say we all deserve this beautiful weather after enduring the cold and snow and ice for so long. Hope everyone has a great weekend with milder, nice weather!

I am so happy. My sleuthing skills have netted me the email current address of the woman who lived in the house we are buying for the past 8 years! (It's a foreclosure owned by a foreign bank, so even our realtor has had no contact with the previous owners.) I emailed the former owner and said I had a few (I actually have a LOT, LOL) questions about the home, and asked if she would consent to speaking with me about them. She replied within the hour of my sending the email, and said she would be very happy to talk with me! She asked for my phone number and said she would call me this weekend. I am anxiously awaiting her call!

The main important question I have is: Where is the septic tank/system? We have no idea where it is, and hiring someone to find it would be very costly. Also, the house is equipped with an alarm system, and we have no idea what the code is for it. When the power was turned on for the inspection, the alarm system went off and it took us about 30 minutes to figure out how to silence it. It was ear-piercing. heh With the code, we can re-program it and set it to do as we want. We don't plan on using the alarm service it was installed by,which charges a monthly fee and contacts them when there is an emergency, but we can use it locally within the home with the code.

So being able to speak with the former owner is a god-send. Hopefully she doesn't forget to call. She has my number, but I don't have hers.

Have a great weekend, monkeys!

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1844 on: March 08, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »

Gorgeous day here today! 61º here right now, calling for a high of 62. I bet it goes a bit higher. And sunshine too! Still snow on the ground, but it's melting fast. I say we all deserve this beautiful weather after enduring the cold and snow and ice for so long. Hope everyone has a great weekend with milder, nice weather!

I am so happy. My sleuthing skills have netted me the email current address of the woman who lived in the house we are buying for the past 8 years! (It's a foreclosure owned by a foreign bank, so even our realtor has had no contact with the previous owners.) I emailed the former owner and said I had a few (I actually have a LOT, LOL) questions about the home, and asked if she would consent to speaking with me about them. She replied within the hour of my sending the email, and said she would be very happy to talk with me! She asked for my phone number and said she would call me this weekend. I am anxiously awaiting her call!

The main important question I have is: Where is the septic tank/system? We have no idea where it is, and hiring someone to find it would be very costly. Also, the house is equipped with an alarm system, and we have no idea what the code is for it. When the power was turned on for the inspection, the alarm system went off and it took us about 30 minutes to figure out how to silence it. It was ear-piercing. heh With the code, we can re-program it and set it to do as we want. We don't plan on using the alarm service it was installed by,which charges a monthly fee and contacts them when there is an emergency, but we can use it locally within the home with the code.

So being able to speak with the former owner is a god-send. Hopefully she doesn't forget to call. She has my number, but I don't have hers.

Have a great weekend, monkeys!
So happy for you Brandi that you found previous owner.  Agree it is such a major pain not knowing what, where and how when purchasing a home....We had the similar misfortune of not having enough info on this house when we bought it, especially where the septic tank was located.

We did manage nearly 8 years before it became a problem.  The building plans said it was on the opposite side of the house....duh......we have 2 1/2 acres so left us scratching our heads.  Fortunately one of the few friends I have here is a plumber, he can't service the septic but managed to track the line from the house........Only ended up with a 4 foot trench 20 foot long and pipe replaced, but bill was over $2,000...Would hate to think what it would have cost if we'd had a stranger "lookin" for it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1845 on: March 09, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »

Brandi - have you tried Pixlr.com?  You can do just about anything you can do in Photoshop (not ImageReady) but it's online and FREE!  My son just told me about it. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1846 on: March 09, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »

Oh no!

Having a problem with the appraisal because of the broken pipe. The sellers have to repair the pipe because it cannot be appraised until the water is running. And they are selling "as is."

Realtor has requested the sellers (the bank) to repair the plumbing. Waiting on a response.

I don't want to lose this house!!!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1847 on: March 09, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »

Brandi - have you tried Pixlr.com?  You can do just about anything you can do in Photoshop (not ImageReady) but it's online and FREE!  My son just told me about it. 

I'll check it out, Klaas.

Not sure I need to do photoshop stuff online though, since I have it on my computer.

Will go check it out now. Thanks.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1848 on: March 09, 2014, 01:23:51 PM »

I'll check it out, Klaas.

Not sure I need to do photoshop stuff online though, since I have it on my computer.

Will go check it out now. Thanks.

Wow.

I am impressed!

Quite cool, and easier than photoshop Wink

Bookmarking it now.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1849 on: March 09, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »

Yes it does seem easier and faster than Photoshop for me anyway, lol.  Great option especially for those who don't want to spend the money on Photoshop!  Plus you can use it on a tablet, phone or Chromebook. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1850 on: March 09, 2014, 05:09:33 PM »

Yes it does seem easier and faster than Photoshop for me anyway, lol.  Great option especially for those who don't want to spend the money on Photoshop!  Plus you can use it on a tablet, phone or Chromebook. 

Yes, it's a great resource.

Very nice find!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1851 on: March 09, 2014, 06:31:05 PM »

Yes, it's a great resource.

Very nice find!

My son gets the credit!  I was surprised there was something so comparable to Photoshop online and free.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1852 on: March 09, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »

I had to see what this was all about and it ROCKS! Thanks for the heads up!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1853 on: March 09, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

I had to see what this was all about and it ROCKS! Thanks for the heads up!

It really does ROCK!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1854 on: March 11, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »

Morning Monkeys Continued Prayers for all in need of them.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful day.

Brandi hope the bank will fix the broken pipe. Can't see why they wouldn't.

Klass cool site.

The kids here are out for their Spring Brake ( Easter Vacation) It's not even Spring yet. This is just dumb. Grandson is here with us for as long as his mom will let him stay. His mom ask him why do you always want to go to grandmas?  Duh why not. He gets all is favorite meals, all his favorite snacks. And I am here to talk to or play games with when ever he wants.    Figure another year and he will be to old to spend time with us. Enjoying his company while we can. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1855 on: March 11, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »

Morning Monkeys Continued Prayers for all in need of them.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful day.

Brandi hope the bank will fix the broken pipe. Can't see why they wouldn't.

Klass cool site.

The kids here are out for their Spring Brake ( Easter Vacation) It's not even Spring yet. This is just dumb. Grandson is here with us for as long as his mom will let him stay. His mom ask him why do you always want to go to grandmas?  Duh why not. He gets all is favorite meals, all his favorite snacks. And I am here to talk to or play games with when ever he wants.    Figure another year and he will be to old to spend time with us. Enjoying his company while we can. 

Nice to see you, GE!

How nice (and seems early) that you have your GS for at least part of Easter Break! I think you're right, he'll get to an age where he wants to hang out with his friends instead of Grandma eventually. Make hay while the sun shines!

I cannot believe the weather here today. Sunny and 79º !!! I sat outside and had Brandi out there with me for about 90 minutes, enjoying the weather. Hubby power washed the deck over the past 2 weekends, so I arranged the furniture back onto it.

79º right now, and Thursday, they are calling for a high of 35º! Crazy, crazy weather, but I'll take the great weather we have today, for sure.

No word on any bank replies about plumbing repairs. The sellers they hired to sell the home are notoriously nasty, to put it politely. It appears they really don't care whether they sell homes or not. Really, it's that bad.

Good thing is, I did talk to the woman who lived there last, she called me finally. She is still in the area and is more than happy to walk us around the property and answer questions for us. We had a long talk yesterday, and some things were not good news to us, like the roof over the screened-in back porch (12' x 12') needs to be sealed, as it leaks. So many more projects keep rearing their ugly heads. She is still good friends with one of the neighbors and apparently the neighbor is very happy to hear she may have someone moving in soon.

We are on pins and needles waiting to find out what the seller is willing to do, if anything. It all seems dependent on that right now. Since we cannot get an appraisal until the plumbing works. I am thinking we will not have our closing on March 19, as scheduled, although neither our realtor or lender has said that to us yet. We're not in a hurry to move, but our mortgage rate is locked-in for just a week after March 19.

What a headache, I tell you.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1856 on: March 11, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »

Fingers & toes crossed for you Brandi.  It gets nerve racking when trying to purchase a new home. I am happy for you that you have been able to talk with the family who lived there. That always helps.

It is 87 here today had to turn on the AC. Tomorrow we go down to 60 where it should be.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1857 on: March 11, 2014, 08:15:44 PM »

Brandi keeping fingers crossed everything goes great and you have a quick closing.
The weather is nuts don't know if I should put winter jackets away or just forget it and keep them out "just in case".
Just made it back home I've been at my sisters' place and younger sister has been staying at my place to take care of all the donks and dogs. I somehow came down with a cold that caused a throat infection and I've had difficulty swallowing and breathing.... been to oncology center twice for IV's due to dehydration...bummer.
They haven't been able to scope me but will try Friday...keeping fingers crossed. It's taken me all this time to gain 8 lbs and now I'm back down to treatment weight and they are going to give me a hard time. All the animals love my sister but were they ever excited to have me back home.... I can hardly move they are stuck like glue. So good to be HOME !!!!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1858 on: March 11, 2014, 09:36:23 PM »

Brandi keeping fingers crossed everything goes great and you have a quick closing.
The weather is nuts don't know if I should put winter jackets away or just forget it and keep them out "just in case".
Just made it back home I've been at my sisters' place and younger sister has been staying at my place to take care of all the donks and dogs. I somehow came down with a cold that caused a throat infection and I've had difficulty swallowing and breathing.... been to oncology center twice for IV's due to dehydration...bummer.
They haven't been able to scope me but will try Friday...keeping fingers crossed. It's taken me all this time to gain 8 lbs and now I'm back down to treatment weight and they are going to give me a hard time. All the animals love my sister but were they ever excited to have me back home.... I can hardly move they are stuck like glue. So good to be HOME !!!!

4Donks sorry to hear you have had a set back. Prayers that the scope comes back good. I am sure the fur babies  were happy to see you.  Dang sorry to hear about the weight lose. I wish I could give you some of my extra weight.  Will keep in your in my prayers.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1859 on: March 12, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »

So glad you are home and with your animal family. Colds are bad enough without creating infections. PLENTY of fluids, girl! But I think you know that. Keeping fingers crossed and good thoughts for your scope Friday.

No go on the bank fixing the plumbing, our realtor called today. He said the appraiser was going to do some appraisal there (without the water) and we'll see where that appraisal falls. Realtor also suggested we back out because of repairs needed and the fact that the bank won't budge. This is not a traditional sale. He is suggesting we back out and come back with an entirely new offer, lower than we have now, since they won't budge on anything. We have until tomorrow evening to decide what to do. We'll see. We want this, but don't want to be there unable to pay for needed repairs. *sigh* We'll see. And I'll keep you all informed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.