March 28, 2024, 06:00:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022421 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1980 on: April 19, 2014, 07:39:02 AM »

Afternoon Monkeys   Continued prayers for all in need. Hope everyone's doing well.  an angelic monkey

Hi!

Taking a break from cleaning/packing in order to bake a birthday cake for my DH. Also baking a ham for his birthday dinner.

Gonna spend all day Sat. and Sun. again taking stuff and working on stuff at the new house.

Sister and her hubby are coming for their annual cookout from Florida on Wed. and we are hosting them at the new house this year. (Have to take the grill over this weekend. heh)

Hopefully I will have all the serving things there in order to have a good meal.

It's just amazing to me as I clean out cabinets and drawers how many junk drawers and cabinets I have! So little organization. Finding a can of fix-a-flat with light bulbs and paintbrushes and sewing machine oil. Not to mention, a very long dog leash and one (count them, one) bootie for the dog. Doesn't matter that I have no idea where the other three are, she refused to use her feet at all the couple of times we tried them on her. LOL

So exhausting!

Hope everyone else is having a better time than I am!

Moving is an adventure. The finds you make are interesting. Just think of the junk you will no longer have! Now you can get all NEW junk!!!   

I will give a big Amen to that TBM.  I got rid of so much stuff for our move lost a lot. But I think I am close to being back to almost what I had before we moved from California. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1981 on: April 19, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »

Afternoon Monkeys   Continued prayers for all in need. Hope everyone's doing well.  an angelic monkey

Hi!

Taking a break from cleaning/packing in order to bake a birthday cake for my DH. Also baking a ham for his birthday dinner.

Gonna spend all day Sat. and Sun. again taking stuff and working on stuff at the new house.

Sister and her hubby are coming for their annual cookout from Florida on Wed. and we are hosting them at the new house this year. (Have to take the grill over this weekend. heh)

Hopefully I will have all the serving things there in order to have a good meal.

It's just amazing to me as I clean out cabinets and drawers how many junk drawers and cabinets I have! So little organization. Finding a can of fix-a-flat with light bulbs and paintbrushes and sewing machine oil. Not to mention, a very long dog leash and one (count them, one) bootie for the dog. Doesn't matter that I have no idea where the other three are, she refused to use her feet at all the couple of times we tried them on her. LOL

So exhausting!

Hope everyone else is having a better time than I am!

Moving is an adventure. The finds you make are interesting. Just think of the junk you will no longer have! Now you can get all NEW junk!!!   

Hahaha! You got that right, TBM!

I have a box(es) that I am giving to a friend's mother who has a permanent table at a flea market, lots is going into the trash, some is going with us, and some is like, "wow, I didn't know we had this! This will be great in the new house!" stuff. But it is truly amazing what we have amassed in the 14 years we have lived here. It feels good to get rid of lots of this stuff.

New house is smallish, but we do have a lot of storage on the property. I am trying not to take advantage of that, because as everyone knows, there is no such thing as too much storage space. LOL

Glad to hear son's arm is coming along. I hope his cast got off this week.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1982 on: April 19, 2014, 08:24:10 AM »

Morning  Brandi  Sounds like you are getting things done. How cool to be able to entertain family at your new place.  Good luck with getting everything organized.  I started out doing pretty good keeping things together. Until daughter and family moved in. After they moved out I haven't been able to get all together again.    Have a Happy Easter. We are having hubs birthday & Easter dinner together this year.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1983 on: April 19, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »

Morning  Brandi  Sounds like you are getting things done. How cool to be able to entertain family at your new place.  Good luck with getting everything organized.  I started out doing pretty good keeping things together. Until daughter and family moved in. After they moved out I haven't been able to get all together again.    Have a Happy Easter. We are having hubs birthday & Easter dinner together this year.

Well, Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Sounds like yours and mine have a birthday very close to each other.

Happy Easter to you all too. (Monkey in his Easter finery!) LOL

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1984 on: April 19, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »

Sounds like hubs birthdays are close. Happy Birthday to your hubs. Hope you have a wonderful week end. Dang I had to go to Best Buy today and get a new bluetooth. I lost mine at the store last night. Have no idea when or where really. Just know I had it when I left and after I got back couldn't find it. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1985 on: April 20, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »

HAPPY EASTER
Hope every one has a wonderful day an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1986 on: April 20, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »

Sounds like hubs birthdays are close. Happy Birthday to your hubs. Hope you have a wonderful week end. Dang I had to go to Best Buy today and get a new bluetooth. I lost mine at the store last night. Have no idea when or where really. Just know I had it when I left and after I got back couldn't find it. 

Brandi!

Happy B.D. to hubby!  I bet it is chocolate cake! Smile

Have a Blessed Easter, to all!

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1987 on: April 20, 2014, 06:58:29 PM »

Brandi!

Spice cake with cream cheese icing.

But you were close!

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1988 on: April 21, 2014, 05:37:52 PM »

Brandi!

Spice cake with cream cheese icing.

But you were close!

Sounds delish. 

The A&P grocery store, once, sold a spice-like loaf cake, with raisins with cream cheese filling and icing.

Oh, it was "Spanish Bar", the spice cake sold by A&P.  Do they still sell it?  So good.  Just reminded me, Brandi, when you mentioned spice cake and cream cheese icing.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1989 on: April 22, 2014, 02:40:56 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys

Continued prayers for those in meed. an angelic monkey

Seahorse are there still A&P grocery stores still around? Talk about memory lane.  How you doing?

TBM  did the cast come off last week?

Brandi your hubs cake sounded good. Hows the moving coming along?

Can hope you and family are doing well.

4Donks  How are you & the fur babies doing?

Sister How did the Easter morning Baptism go?

Muffy have you had any of the heavy rain?  We got almost an inch over the week end. Sure could use some more.

Oldest granddaughter in California has decided she wants to go to Haiti in June with her youth church group for two week to do youth ministry.  She has gotten her pass port and had all her shots. Which floored me when son said they weren't paid for by insurance and 3 shots cost them $550. That was youth prices so I am told. Seems a bit high to me.  But it's been years since I paid for my kids shots.

Have a wonderful day.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1990 on: April 23, 2014, 09:43:02 AM »

Green Eyes,

Life is good.  Thank-you for asking Green Eyes.

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/oo0nw5rr/the-real-spanish-bar-cake.html   

http://aptea.com/  (The great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company)

Make it a good day!

Wuv you wonderful monkeys.   You guys make life a little bit sweeter for everyone 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1991 on: April 24, 2014, 01:54:09 AM »

Hi SeaHorse

That looks yummy.  Thanks

Hows everyone doing?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1992 on: April 24, 2014, 08:41:44 PM »

Evening Monkeys  Here we go again. Went out to check the mail today. And in the middle of the driveway was a baby kitty. Covered in dirt and sand. Thought at first it was a dead rat the feral cats had caught. When I got up to it and stopped and looked it was a new baby kitty.  I brought it in and mixed up some can milk and Karo syrup got my dropper out and fed it. It inhaled the milk. After I fed it I ran some warm water and washed all the dirt off it. Wrapped it up and dried it off. Got a box and laid it in the box. Poor little cried and cried. So took it out and fed it some more. After it ate I rubbed it's little tummy and bottom. Got it to go potty. I have wrapped it up and put it in the cat carrier so the inside cats can't get to it.

Hubs and I have looked and looked to see if there were more or if we could hear any more cries. Nothing. I have no idea who the mommy is. But if I can find her I will try and watch were she goes and see if there are any more. And bring them in and put them in the bathroom for now. If not looks like I will be feeding this little one every hour for awhile. Breaks my heart it just cries and cries for it's mommy. The only time I can get it quiet is to hold it and place the tiny baby bottle it's  mouth.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1993 on: April 25, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »

Evening Monkeys  Here we go again. Went out to check the mail today. And in the middle of the driveway was a baby kitty. Covered in dirt and sand. Thought at first it was a dead rat the feral cats had caught. When I got up to it and stopped and looked it was a new baby kitty.  I brought it in and mixed up some can milk and Karo syrup got my dropper out and fed it. It inhaled the milk. After I fed it I ran some warm water and washed all the dirt off it. Wrapped it up and dried it off. Got a box and laid it in the box. Poor little cried and cried. So took it out and fed it some more. After it ate I rubbed it's little tummy and bottom. Got it to go potty. I have wrapped it up and put it in the cat carrier so the inside cats can't get to it.

Hubs and I have looked and looked to see if there were more or if we could hear any more cries. Nothing. I have no idea who the mommy is. But if I can find her I will try and watch were she goes and see if there are any more. And bring them in and put them in the bathroom for now. If not looks like I will be feeding this little one every hour for awhile. Breaks my heart it just cries and cries for it's mommy. The only time I can get it quiet is to hold it and place the tiny baby bottle it's  mouth.  an angelic monkey

Poor little baby!  Are her eyes open yet?     You're such a good mommy  an angelic monkey
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1994 on: April 25, 2014, 02:37:25 AM »

Poor little baby!  Are her eyes open yet?     You're such a good mommy  an angelic monkey

No her/his still had part of the umbilical cord attached. I don't know if she had her/him some where else and was bringing him/her here and just dropped him/her or she had her/him here and was trying to move him/her some where else. Finely got him/her quiet. As long as I hold her/him quiet as can be. If I put her/him in the carrier to go do something she/he cries and cries. I guess I am going to have figure out some kind of carrier so I can put it in and get stuff done. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1995 on: April 25, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »

Greeneyes, you have a good and kind heart.        Do you have a big scarf or some material you could fold in half and tie over one shoulder and make a sling to carry the baby cat around with you?  It could be held close to your body that way.  You could do some knots or pin it to make it more of a pocket.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1996 on: April 25, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »

Greeneyes, you have a good and kind heart.        Do you have a big scarf or some material you could fold in half and tie over one shoulder and make a sling to carry the baby cat around with you?  It could be held close to your body that way.  You could do some knots or pin it to make it more of a pocket.   

Thanks Muffy  That's a good idea. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1997 on: April 25, 2014, 10:49:58 AM »

Morning Monkeys I am so sad this morning. As the baby kitty didn't make it. He kept getting weaker and weaker as the night when on. I did everything I could. Poor little thing. I knew the first 24 hours were going to be the hardest for him. It was all just to much for him. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1998 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »

Morning Monkeys I am so sad this morning. As the baby kitty didn't make it. He kept getting weaker and weaker as the night when on. I did everything I could. Poor little thing. I knew the first 24 hours were going to be the hardest for him. It was all just to much for him. 

Awww... so sorry to hear the kitty didn't make it. Sounds like you did everything possible to help it, Green Eyes.

So sorry.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1999 on: April 25, 2014, 12:59:25 PM »

I am so sorry. But he died with someone loving him which is more than many animals (and people) get so you get the angel of the day award!  an angelic monkey

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.