March 29, 2024, 01:42:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022746 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2320 on: September 15, 2014, 01:57:24 PM »

Hello Monkey friends, I have missed you guys so much. Life has taken it's toll on us again this summer. I posted an update in the thread I started about my sons shooting about my sweet Chandler. He has had a really bad time and needs all the prayers he can get.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2321 on: September 16, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »

Hello Monkey friends, I have missed you guys so much. Life has taken it's toll on us again this summer. I posted an update in the thread I started about my sons shooting about my sweet Chandler. He has had a really bad time and needs all the prayers he can get.

Darla,

Prayers for you & the family an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2322 on: September 16, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »

Sending thoughts and good wishes for Chandler and the family.

an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2323 on: September 16, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »

How are you doing Brandi?   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2324 on: September 17, 2014, 02:10:36 PM »

Doing well, thanks, Green Eyes. Just got a new mattress and box spring delivered today. Ours needed replacing. Bought it online from SamsClub. The guys delivered it and I noticed a tear on the corner side of the mattress. Sad  The delivery people said to contact Sams, and they'd send a new one, then the guys would deliver it and remove this one. *sigh*

Also have been negotiating with the county for an easement they are requesting to put in a new waterline out by the street. They sent an agreement originally months ago, giving us no rights and only paying $1. to us. hahaha.

Then the right of way guy from the county showed up about a month ago, checking out the area, and I spoke with him. He emailed me a proposal for ~$1300 payment for the easement.

Never dealt with easement issues before, but talked to my realtor and did a lot of research about them. It's sad because they are planning on removing 5 of our trees! (One for the permanent easement and 4 that line our driveway for the temporary construction easement!) I am requesting that they reevaluate their need to remove the 4 mature cedars and pines that line the drive, and if they cannot save them, we are requesting much more money. They also will be digging up a considerable amount of our blacktop driveway. Our driveway from the street to the house is about 400 feet and lined all the way by pine and cedar trees. It is quite beautiful. Removing the 4 at the street will make our driveway much more visible and people will notice that there is a house back here. I really like that most people do not even know there is a house here! Makes me feel more secure.

So we will be losing a lot, in my mind.

So that, and doing ex-neighbor Ray's grocery shopping, making up his 2 daily pill cups, ordering his medications, scheduling his VA doctor appointments (he has 5 scheduled between now and the end of October) and trying to manage my own life and home has been keeping me busy.

No complaints, except I miss Brandi. (I know, I'll stop whining about her soon, I promise.)

How have you been managing with the grand kids back in school? Finding plenty of things to fill your time with?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2325 on: September 17, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »

Doing well, thanks, Green Eyes. Just got a new mattress and box spring delivered today. Ours needed replacing. Bought it online from SamsClub. The guys delivered it and I noticed a tear on the corner side of the mattress. Sad  The delivery people said to contact Sams, and they'd send a new one, then the guys would deliver it and remove this one. *sigh*

Also have been negotiating with the county for an easement they are requesting to put in a new waterline out by the street. They sent an agreement originally months ago, giving us no rights and only paying $1. to us. hahaha.

Then the right of way guy from the county showed up about a month ago, checking out the area, and I spoke with him. He emailed me a proposal for ~$1300 payment for the easement.

Never dealt with easement issues before, but talked to my realtor and did a lot of research about them. It's sad because they are planning on removing 5 of our trees! (One for the permanent easement and 4 that line our driveway for the temporary construction easement!) I am requesting that they reevaluate their need to remove the 4 mature cedars and pines that line the drive, and if they cannot save them, we are requesting much more money. They also will be digging up a considerable amount of our blacktop driveway. Our driveway from the street to the house is about 400 feet and lined all the way by pine and cedar trees. It is quite beautiful. Removing the 4 at the street will make our driveway much more visible and people will notice that there is a house back here. I really like that most people do not even know there is a house here! Makes me feel more secure.

So we will be losing a lot, in my mind.

So that, and doing ex-neighbor Ray's grocery shopping, making up his 2 daily pill cups, ordering his medications, scheduling his VA doctor appointments (he has 5 scheduled between now and the end of October) and trying to manage my own life and home has been keeping me busy.

No complaints, except I miss Brandi. (I know, I'll stop whining about her soon, I promise.)

How have you been managing with the grand kids back in school? Finding plenty of things to fill your time with?

Sounds like you have been busy. Hope they can save your trees.  When we bought here there is an 8 foot easement in front and 3 foot easement on the other 3 sides.  Have no idea why the sides and back easement. We live in a rural area. There are no sewers or street lights.  Go figure.

What an Angel you are helping your old neighbor. I am sure you miss your Brandi. It takes time.

I think I slept a couple days after grandson left.  Have lots to projects on my to do list. Not that I have done many of them.   Stay busy messing around in the house. I have found it takes me longer to get things done. I don't know if it's because I am moving slower or if it's because I don't have a set schedule any more.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2326 on: September 21, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »

Brandi

So sorry for your loss.
I have a double septic system..one for the washing machine, dishwasher and kitchen sink the other for the bathrooms. Have never had them pumped and don't put anything to aid them.

Sister

Welcome to the pleasures of a multi-dog household.........ENJOY

Green Eyes

Takes me longer to get things done around here too.
Had a fall about a month ago but had the sense to break my fall with my face and saved my hips and wrists from fractures. Broke some facial bones and was black and blue forever but am almost human looking again. Glad it happened on cement and not while I was mucking out the barn.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2327 on: September 21, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »

Hi 4Donks!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2328 on: September 21, 2014, 01:35:18 PM »

Brandi

So sorry for your loss.
I have a double septic system..one for the washing machine, dishwasher and kitchen sink the other for the bathrooms. Have never had them pumped and don't put anything to aid them.

Sister

Green Eyes

Had a fall about a month ago but had the sense to break my fall with my face and saved my hips and wrists from fractures. Broke some facial bones and was black and blue forever but am almost human looking again. Glad it happened on cement and not while I was mucking out the barn.

4 Donks!

Been thinking of you and missing you. A little concerned, and I see I had right to be.

Man o man, you had a face plant! So sorry to hear that! On cement too. Oh good grief! broken facial bones? Must have been quite painful. So terribly sorry this happened to you. Glad to hear you are healing well. And that you did not break a hip or leg or arm or shoulder or bones needed for mobility.

Wish we had a grey water system so the water from our washing machine, dishwasher and kitchen sink (and maybe bathtub water) did not have to go into the septic system. I am relaxing a bit about water usage and not worrying about it so much. Well, working on doing so Wink

Thanks for your condolences. We went to a house yesterday we found on Craigslist where a woman was giving away an extra set of fireplace tools (they are perfect size and design for our fireplace!) and she had a black lab rescue and I spent at least a half an hour petting/scratching/loving on her. (the dog, not the woman, LOL) So sweet and it felt so good relating to a dog. Maybe it won't be too long before we add another rescue to our home. She got her rescue through an organization near here that has many up for adoption and I looked through their adoptables yesterday when we got home and there was a brother/sister german shepard/lab retriever mix who have been together all their lives needing a home. We have the outdoor space for sure for them, but probably not the indoor space. The smaller female was 44 lbs. and the brother looked almost twice her size. Wish we could give them a home. It's so hard for me to look at adoptable dogs and choosing one. Makes me sad for the ones I don't choose. They all need homes! *sigh*

So glad to hear from you, 4 Donks. Again, so sorry you had a fall and hurt yourself so badly.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2329 on: September 22, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »

Brandi

So sorry for your loss.

Sister

Green Eyes

4Donks  So sorry to hear about your fall. Prayers for a fast  recovery. Not sure about rather having it on the concert, instead of mucking out the barn.    Glad you are doing better.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2330 on: September 22, 2014, 03:06:45 PM »

Hi 4Donks!

Hi cadillac

How are you & the fur babies doing?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2331 on: September 22, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »

Hi 4Donks!

Hi cadillac

Hi GE!

Thanks for asking. The mutts are fine but digging in the yard. So hubs planted new sod where they dig and they began digging up the sod.  So he has placed chicken wire with stakes over the new sod.  They are trying to figure out how to dig on top of that!!  He is furious.

Bittersweet...both hubs' and my parents are dealing with aging issues.  They are 87, 89, 91 and 94.

It is a struggle to figure out day to day what to do, how to interact, etc.  Struggles lots of monks have and are going  through.

You are sweet to ask!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2332 on: September 23, 2014, 04:35:47 PM »

Hi 4Donks!

Hi cadillac

Hi GE!

Thanks for asking. The mutts are fine but digging in the yard. So hubs planted new sod where they dig and they began digging up the sod.  So he has placed chicken wire with stakes over the new sod.  They are trying to figure out how to dig on top of that!!  He is furious.

Bittersweet...both hubs' and my parents are dealing with aging issues.  They are 87, 89, 91 and 94.

It is a struggle to figure out day to day what to do, how to interact, etc.  Struggles lots of monks have and are going  through.

You are sweet to ask!

Cadillac Our fur babies do know how to rattle our cages don't they?  When son was here with his two fur babies last year. They had so much fun digging. Trying to get under the fence.     Hopefully this too shall pass.

Sorry to hear about your parents. It is so had when our parents get on in years, and we become the care givers for them instead of them being our care givers. You are so blessed to have them all still with you. Mine have been gone for years and hubs lost his dad 7 years ago. His mom is 95 and still going strong. Bless her heart.   an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2333 on: September 23, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET

Click on the link below to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2334 on: September 25, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »

Hello Monkeys!  Been a bit crazy here but I read all of your posts and think of all of you often. School is back in full swing and all the activities that go with it.

I would ask for some prayers - my hubs went in today for a routine screening colonoscopy, and the doctor found several "flat polyps" that he was concerned enough about to not only spend over an hour removing, but actually tattooed his colon for locating them in the next colonoscopy. I am sure the pathology will be fine but I am worried. His sister died from colon cancer so I know it is a possibility it will not be. I am a bit scared. Prayers please!  Love you all!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2335 on: September 26, 2014, 01:06:10 AM »

Hello Monkeys!  Been a bit crazy here but I read all of your posts and think of all of you often. School is back in full swing and all the activities that go with it.

I would ask for some prayers - my hubs went in today for a routine screening colonoscopy, and the doctor found several "flat polyps" that he was concerned enough about to not only spend over an hour removing, but actually tattooed his colon for locating them in the next colonoscopy. I am sure the pathology will be fine but I am worried. His sister died from colon cancer so I know it is a possibility it will not be. I am a bit scared. Prayers please!  Love you all!

TBM  Prayers headed out for hubs and you. Positive thoughts & hugs. Sounds like they caught it early on.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2336 on: September 26, 2014, 02:07:50 AM »

Good thoughts and wishes heading your way from me!

an angelic monkey

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2337 on: September 26, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »

TBM
Will keep you and your hubs in my thoughts. Last time I was diagnosed with cancer the prayers and thoughts of all the monkeys kept me strong and focused and I'm sure we're all here for you now but hoping for good news.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #2338 on: September 27, 2014, 05:26:12 AM »

Hello Monkeys,

Brandi

Your beautiful fluffy wuffy dog has many nieces and nephews out in the world who could use your patience (I know you have a lot), and love.

My heart goes out to you, there just is not any cure for the pain.

It is a long day without a furry friend, as much time and sacrifice that the animals are it is so worth it, IMO.

Find a another pooch who is looking for you, keep it to yourself, because as you know everyone or anyone can figure out everything on the computer, especially you, Smile.

seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2339 on: September 27, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »

TMB  Stay positive continued prayers for you & Hubs.   an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.