March 28, 2024, 06:56:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022442 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2420 on: November 03, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »

Sister, how is Mr. Jenkins doing?

How are you doing?

Thinking of you.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2421 on: November 05, 2014, 06:57:01 PM »

Evening Monkeys

Continued Prayers for all in need.

Busy around here. It seems I have been called to be a taxi service for the time being.   Between running granddaughter to work & back, taking grandson out for job applications and running hubs to his doctors appointments. Not much time for much else. Keeps me out of trouble. Monkey Devil!

Miss you all and hope every ones doing well.

Brandi Hope Panda is doing well. Loved the picture of Mr Jenkins.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2422 on: November 08, 2014, 10:39:52 PM »

Oh Brandi!  Do tell!

Do you have your eye on a new pup??

I was thinking about you finding one just this weekend!

Belle is waiting to hear too!? 

(I don't see a Husky emoticon - so I picked Belle).

Cadillac, you have ESP.

I made a webpage last night to share with you all:
http://users17.jabry.com/eenie91/PANDA/Panda.html

A far cry from a Golden to a herding dog, but Panda is as sweet as they come and adjusting quite well. She had been in the shelter since August, having been brought in by animal control. The officer who picked her up came over to the car as we were putting her in to come home. She was very happy she was being adopted. She told us that the dog was found outside a Food Lion (grocery store.) She had been accompanying a homeless man who came to the store almost every day and waited outside while he went in. That is all we know. Check out the URL Wink

Congratulations!!!   

She looks like this pooch here with the patch on the other eye.  I am so happy for you and for your new furbaby!  I bet she was a bandit for Halloween!

Welcome to the Monkey Family, Panda!!!    from one 'bear' to another!   

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2423 on: November 08, 2014, 11:11:59 PM »

Congrats Brandi on your new pet!
Mine are doing great. Molly is the sweetest dog ever. She is about 90 lbs now. Lilly is as cute as ever. She has turned into a barker! Any suggestions on breaking her of that anyone?

Hope u r all doing well

And to think, Molly was a handful in the beginning.  I remember that time well.  So happy she has adjusted, I had no doubt she would in your capable and loving hands.

All of you put so much time and care into your furbabies.  They are so very lucky to have you as their Parents.  They have felt the love and responded to it.

Yes, it would be nice if they could tell their stories, but some stories may be better forgotten and their new chapters be the ones they remember forever.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2424 on: November 09, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »

Oh Brandi!  Panda looks awesome!

Be back later today, I hope.  George is here, have a big Veterans Day service at church.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2425 on: November 09, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »

Thank you Sister and Bearly.

She starts basic training class this Monday evening!

She has made huge strides in the 4 weeks we have had her!

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2426 on: November 09, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »

Panda is so sweet looking. You and her are both lucky to have found each other!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2427 on: November 09, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »

Panda is so sweet looking. You and her are both lucky to have found each other!

Thanks!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2428 on: November 11, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope all our Monkeys are safe & warm with the cold snap that's here.

We went from 80 to maybe 50 today, with freezing tonight. It looks like winter is here.

TBM, Brandi & Sister are you guys going to get any of the snow?

Cookie should be getting some.

My grand kids went out to Calif. for a few days. Been warm there when they get in tonight it will be freezing. I hope they have their coats. 

Have had a very busy schedule the last couple weeks. Then decided I would get some dental work done. I have become a wimp as I've gotten older. Knocked me on my butt. Ended up in bed for a couple days. Starting to feel human again. 

Prayers for all in need.  an angelic monkey Miss everyone And hope all are doing well.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2429 on: November 12, 2014, 06:47:21 AM »

Thank you Sister and Bearly.

She starts basic training class this Monday evening!

She has made huge strides in the 4 weeks we have had her!

I was looking for a Panda.  That's a cute one!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2430 on: November 12, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »

Morning Monkeys

We went from 80 to maybe 50 today, with freezing tonight. It looks like winter is here.

My grand kids went out to Calif. for a few days. Been warm there when they get in tonight it will be freezing. I hope they have their coats. 

Have had a very busy schedule the last couple weeks. Then decided I would get some dental work done. I have become a wimp as I've gotten older. Knocked me on my butt. Ended up in bed for a couple days. Starting to feel human again. 

Prayers for all in need.  an angelic monkey Miss everyone And hope all are doing well.

Hope you feel better, GE!  Are you sick or worn out?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2431 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:43 AM »

Hi Monkeys

Up date on baby ferals. Both are doing well the little girl hasn't had any yuck her eyes for about three days. The little boy is also clear of yuck in his eyes. But he is blind in his left eye. Which makes me sad. But at least it's only one eye and not both. They are both doing well eating and drinking like little pigs.   The little guy will most likely be an inside only cat. Will have to see how well he does with one eye. Need to take and get both fixed but they are to little yet.

You are amazing!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2432 on: November 12, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »

Brandi,
I am so happy for you and what a lucky pup Panda is!  Thanks for sharing her pics - I enjoyed meeting her!

We had to take the Criminal (Cadillac) to the vet yesterday.  Long story short, he thinks it might be gastric ulcers so he gave her some pills the size of Texas to take before she eats now.  (Well actually an hour before she eats - so how inconvenient is that?)

The up side for her is she gets the pill in a tiny peanut butter sandwich - she loves that.  And Chubby thinks she should get one too!

Hope everyone is doing well - it's so much quieter over here lately.

Happy Sunday to all😍😘

Hope Criminal enjoys her sandwiches and gets better quickly.  Oh, and while you are making peanut better sandwiches....

I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2433 on: November 14, 2014, 06:17:38 AM »

Just a quick note -- I am retiring from the ministry effective now.

George is very sick and many issues with Connie.  Have a few health concerns of my own.

It is time for me to put family first -- as in my family.

I am grieving as this has been the hardest decision of my life.  But I have been blessed in so many ways.

Lots of changes about to happen -- moving etc.

Thank you all for keeping me and mine in your prayers.

Blessings.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2434 on: November 14, 2014, 10:54:12 AM »

Morning Monkeys

It snowed here last night.  I had on the wrong footwear, my feet were freezing!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2435 on: November 14, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »

George is very sick and many issues with Connie.  Have a few health concerns of my own.

I am grieving as this has been the hardest decision of my life.  But I have been blessed in so many ways.

Blessings.

You are in my prayers. If you need to vent about this please call.  I have been a caretaker of 3, not to mention my own issues for years now, so I understand and know that sometimes feelings happen in the middle of the night, I am available anytime for you, Sister.

Anything I can do, I don't think I live all that far from you.  Bless you in this new phase of your life!  I am sure those you minister to will be very sad to see you go and you will miss them too.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2436 on: November 14, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »

Blessings.

Oh Sister Prayers for you and your family as you choose a new path to follow.  I am sure it was a very hard decision for you to make. But you need to take care of you & your family.   an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2437 on: November 14, 2014, 11:46:44 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope you feel better, GE!  Are you sick or worn out?

I little bit of both Bearly. How are you & the family?  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2438 on: November 14, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »

Blessings.

Sister - you remain in my prayers. I know this could not have been an easy choice but I am sure your heart and God are leading you down the right path. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2439 on: November 15, 2014, 09:08:40 AM »

Morning Monkeys

Prayers for all in need.  an angelic monkey Miss everyone And hope all are doing well.

Hope you feel better, GE!  Are you sick or worn out?

I little bit of both Bearly. How are you & the family?  an angelic monkey

I am so sorry, GE.  You have my number use it any time, you know I am up at all hours and would be happy to hear from you.

The family things are just too long to talk about.  Here are just some things.  

I had to make the decision of a feeding tube for my Dad.  He was in the hospital for almost a month and I needed to stay with him.  I have to take him back for surgery to remove a stone from each kidney.  The stones are blocking the way out of the kidneys.  Next month, they will remove them as an outpatient.  He has stents in both sides to bypass the kidneys and during the surgery, they will put in new ones with strings coming out of his body, and once they determine the urine can get out of the kidney and go where it is supposed to go next, they will pull the strings and remove the stents in the office.  On the good side, he does not have to take blood thinner anymore, his heart is fine.  Once this is done, he should be strong and have no more infections.  He should then be stronger and start eating on his own, right now, with the many UTIs, he has been weaker than normal.  The place he is living is so horrible, the hospital asked me to stop telling the issues I have been having to them (because they are not doing anything about them) but to call the ombudsman and in some circumstances, the police.  That is how bad things are there.

My Mother in the meantime was in a different hospital for surgery on her other foot, the hospital she chose was about an hour from where my Dad was.  Running back and forth was nuts.  She is not allowed to stand on her feet, the bones are too weak and they go through the bottom of her feet she also has very bad swelling in her legs (lymphedema) and needs to be off her feet and have her legs elevated all day until they go down.  She refuses to do this and keeps getting cellulitis in her legs along with the dangerous edema and her legs are huge.  She has fallen several times.  Last time she had bruises so badly she had to go to the hospital for pneumonia in the lobe where the biggest bruise.  She got it because she could not breathe deeply.  She tells me when she falls, she has broken toes, etc., but will not let me tell the nurses, nor will she tell the nurses.  She hates the food, so I keep bringing food to her. The doctors have been upset with her, then me for not being able to get her off her feet.  She keeps saying she has to stay up until 2 AM or later because she needs to do things.  When I go in there even when I stay until 10 PM or later, She will not let anyone do anything for her except me. The doctor goes in to see patients twice a week, he says he has never see her off her feet.  The many doctors she has for her feet and legs, she tells them she is always off her feet all the time, and that is just now true.  There is nothing more I can do, except what she asks, get her things from the store, and do whatever I can bandage or do for her.  She has many doctors that she sees and has many appointments, so I take her and make sure she has her tests done, there are some she hasn't done because she says she does not have time.  Otherwise, I am there every day.  I am not sure what else to do.

I ended up needing emergency surgery the day I was to take my Dad home and then again a week later.  I had to have it in an office in the hospital because there was no OR available.  They apologized for not being able to get rid of all the pain when they were cutting me open, they said they could get rid of the scalpel pain, but not the pressure pain of getting the lump and all the junk out, they said it was the size of a softball, 3 hours sooner, it was only gumball size, the abscess was growing by leaps and bounds.  

I am in a lot of pain from this and sensitive to the tape that holds the bandage on, which is giving me what they call a neurological itch all over my body, it is very deep and scratching does not help.  The tape has pulled all my skin off under the tape (the epidermis layer is the one on top, I believe) and they are now taping it to the pink stuff under that layer (I think that is called the dermis layer) and it hurts like heck when it is pulled off every day and then gets re-applied, and burns like heck for the rest of the day.  They said they have never seen anyone so sensitive to tape and adhesive.  They are already using paper tape, so no one knows what else to do.  If anyone has a suggestion on what to do to get a bandage to stay on without any tape, I would appreciate it, it should take 3 months to heal.  They could not close it and had to pack it so it would heal from the inside out.  They said it is pretty deep and wide.  They had to cut me open wider and deeper the second time because there was more to get so I needed another emergency surgery and it was not in an OR again.  They said if they should think there is more, they will wait for an OR and knock me out!  The itching has now gone systemic and is in all the nerves over my body itching like crazy, it's like a burning itching.  I wake up with pain where I have scratched in my sleep, I am trying not to, but I am dead from the pain and itch when I finally fall asleep.  A visiting nurse was sent every day and now, three weeks later every other day.  I had to put off my back surgery to a later time.

Cubby has been a life saver, but has his issues as you know.  Thank God for him!

That is the shortened version.  You can imagine the whole version.  

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:26:21 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.