March 28, 2024, 06:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Playground - Come Join Us! (New Name Same Old Place)  (Read 1022648 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2520 on: January 13, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »

Finally on line again.

Will update soon -- all is well!

Prayers continue to all the precious monkeys~

Welcome back, Sister.  I can't wait to hear how things are going.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2521 on: January 13, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer Show tonight at 9pm ET!

Thirty two minutes!

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2522 on: January 14, 2015, 07:34:07 AM »

Finally on line again.

Sister I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2523 on: January 14, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »

Was it something that I said?

How could it ever be 'something you said' dear sweet bearly?!
You are often in my thoughts and I am silently rooting for you and wondering about you
whenever I come to SM and at other times as well.  Perhaps I shouldn't be so quiet.

Sincerely, wishing you a better year than the one left behind.  Also that your load is lifted and you have some 'bearly' time.

May your daddy's improved health continue.   an angelic monkey 

Thanks, can.  I was just wondering where everyone was.  You could hear the wind blowing through the rafters in here.  It was more like Halloween than a celebration of holidays.

I am trying to hold things together where my Parents live, but it is hard to do this when there are people who do not tell the truth and the language they use when talking to the residents is obnoxious.

Happy New Year to you and all the Monkeys!

Yes, it has been my experience also.  I suppose you don't want to file a formal complaint for fear it will impact your parents care when you are not there.  It is a dilemma but I know you have always done your best.
 an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2524 on: January 14, 2015, 08:53:59 AM »

Sister
Please remember my family in your prayers.  Thank you.

My brother had another stroke on Sunday.  Unsure when he will be released from hospital, but I spoke with him yesterday and he is walking w a walker so no paralysis there.  He has been worried sick about his daughter who is in end stage kidney failure.  My niece lives near me and I took her Friday to her appointment @ chronic kidney disease clinic where she received information on hemodialysis, and the preparations leading up to it. 
My niece failed to have the blood work done per her previous appointment and seems incapable of taking responsibility of any kind.  Goodness know if she is giving herself the injections she is supposed to take in conjunction  w/iron pills for anemia.  She says she is.
She is an alcoholic.  It is a heartbreaking sorry mess.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2525 on: January 15, 2015, 04:40:57 AM »

Sister

My brother had another stroke on Sunday.  Unsure when he will be released from hospital, but I spoke with him yesterday and he is walking w a walker so no paralysis there.  He has been worried sick about his daughter who is in end stage kidney failure.  My niece lives near me and I took her Friday to her appointment @ chronic kidney disease clinic where she received information on hemodialysis, and the preparations leading up to it. 
My niece failed to have the blood work done per her previous appointment and seems incapable of taking responsibility of any kind.  Goodness know if she is giving herself the injections she is supposed to take in conjunction  w/iron pills for anemia.  She says she is.

Oh, can, I am so sorry to hear about your brother and your niece.  You and they are in my prayers.  You are often in my thoughts.  Dialysis takes a lot out of you.

You cannot force anyone who is an adult and in their right mind to do anything, even if it is in their best interest.  It is a shame she is her own worst enemy, an even worse enemy than her kidneys.  Any chance for a transplant?  Is she on a list?  Maybe her lack of doing what she needs to do is due to anxiety or maybe due to her inability to face her problems?  Is she going through the stages of death, which someone with a chronic end stage disease can go through and in denial?  Just some thoughts going through my head.

Take care of yourself.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2526 on: January 15, 2015, 04:51:59 AM »

You are often in my thoughts and I am silently rooting for you and wondering about you
whenever I come to SM and at other times as well.  Perhaps I shouldn't be so quiet.

Sincerely, wishing you a better year than the one left behind.  Also that your load is lifted and you have some 'bearly' time.

Thanks, can.  I was just wondering where everyone was.  You could hear the wind blowing through the rafters in here.  It was more like Halloween than a celebration of holidays.

I am trying to hold things together where my Parents live, but it is hard to do this when there are people who do not tell the truth and the language they use when talking to the residents is obnoxious.

Yes, it has been my experience also.  I suppose you don't want to file a formal complaint for fear it will impact your parents care when you are not there.  It is a dilemma but I know you have always done your best.
 an angelic monkey

I have reported many things, but they just do not care.  I would have to bring the police in.  I am afraid they will take it out on him/her.

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2527 on: January 15, 2015, 09:19:30 PM »

Sister

Oh, can, I am so sorry to hear about your brother and your niece.  You and they are in my prayers.  You are often in my thoughts.  Dialysis takes a lot out of you.

You cannot force anyone who is an adult and in their right mind to do anything, even if it is in their best interest.  It is a shame she is her own worst enemy, an even worse enemy than her kidneys.  Any chance for a transplant?  Is she on a list?  Maybe her lack of doing what she needs to do is due to anxiety or maybe due to her inability to face her problems?  Is she going through the stages of death, which someone with a chronic end stage disease can go through and in denial?  Just some thoughts going through my head.

Take care of yourself.

Thank you Bearly.

She may well be in denial.  She is drinking heavily and constantly.  Her life in general has been chaotic for many years.  She was calling her parents daily, always drunk and at times intelligible.  This upset my brother greatly.  Her mother has told her not to call again unless she is sober. 
When I picked her up for her appointment at the apt she moved to a few weeks ago she was not in the lobby and showed up half an hour after my arrival and two minutes before her appointment.  She waltzed into my car dishevelled, drunk and weeping and not in the least
concerned about being late for her appointment.  She failed to bring her records, her pill bottles hosp. had requested.
They spoke about getting her on a donor list.  The dialysis has not begun yet.  Vascular surgeon has to find a suitable vein and artery for the placement of access site.  She will see that doctor on the 28th.
My nephew, who is in another province was going to volunteer a kidney but his wife and parents dissuaded him as they feel if she does not get help for her drinking a good kidney would be wasted.
Family members have tried for years to help her. 
Her creatinine showed her kidneys are functioning at 12.8% the last blood test.  She still has not had the blood test that the doctor asked for three weeks ago.

I recognise I can not make her do anything and have decided that since her parents live 4 plus hours away and neither one drives,  (Brother is too ill and lost his lic. when he had the previous stroke.) I will just be there for her when she allows, take her to her appointments, and simply be kind to her and love her.  Don't see there's much else I can do,.

She was sent to live with me when she was 17 and she was a troubled young woman then and I tried to get her into counselling but as you say Bearly - one can't make anyone do anything. 

Thank you for your prayers Sweetie.       

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2528 on: January 15, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »

an angelic monkey

I have reported many things, but they just do not care.  I would have to bring the police in.  I am afraid they will take it out on him/her.

I hear you Bearly.   an angelic monkey
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2529 on: January 16, 2015, 10:37:51 AM »

Sister

Take care of yourself.

Thank you Bearly.

She may well be in denial.  She is drinking heavily and constantly.  Her life in general has been chaotic for many years.  She was calling her parents daily, always drunk and at times intelligible.  This upset my brother greatly.  Her mother has told her not to call again unless she is sober. 
When I picked her up for her appointment at the apt she moved to a few weeks ago she was not in the lobby and showed up half an hour after my arrival and two minutes before her appointment.  She waltzed into my car dishevelled, drunk and weeping and not in the least
concerned about being late for her appointment.  She failed to bring her records, her pill bottles hosp. had requested.
They spoke about getting her on a donor list.  The dialysis has not begun yet.  Vascular surgeon has to find a suitable vein and artery for the placement of access site.  She will see that doctor on the 28th.
My nephew, who is in another province was going to volunteer a kidney but his wife and parents dissuaded him as they feel if she does not get help for her drinking a good kidney would be wasted.
Her creatinine showed her kidneys are functioning at 12.8% the last blood test.  She still has not had the blood test that the doctor asked for three weeks ago.

I recognise I can not make her do anything and have decided that since her parents live 4 plus hours away and neither one drives,  (Brother is too ill and lost his lic. when he had the previous stroke.) I will just be there for her when she allows, take her to her appointments, and simply be kind to her and love her.  Don't see there's much else I can do,.

She was sent to live with me when she was 17 and she was a troubled young woman then and I tried to get her into counselling but as you say Bearly - one can't make anyone do anything. 

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It is hard to watch a person you love destroy themselves. I think you are taking the right tact. She may have to suffer more to decide she is ready to live - or she may never decide to take the action. Sad. The AA book says that some decide to plod on till the bitter end. It is a hard decision to watch, but you are right that you can do nothing to change her choices. I am praying for both of you!  an angelic monkey

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2530 on: January 16, 2015, 09:20:32 PM »

Sister

Take care of yourself.

Thank you Bearly.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It is hard to watch a person you love destroy themselves. I think you are taking the right tact. She may have to suffer more to decide she is ready to live - or she may never decide to take the action. Sad. The AA book says that some decide to plod on till the bitter end. It is a hard decision to watch, but you are right that you can do nothing to change her choices. I am praying for both of you!  an angelic monkey

Oh TBM!  I so appreciate your comments and your prayers.  Thank you!   
Yes, I understand that some have no bottom line as you say, and it appears that is the case here.  Sad.
If stage V kidney failure is not a reason, I don't know what my niece's would be.   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2531 on: January 17, 2015, 10:47:01 AM »

Oh Bearly no tears.    Like TBM said you are loved. After son left to go back home. Both hubs & I came down with the flu or what ever the junk is going around.    Finely feel human again, but the cough is still with us. You and cubby and family are in my prayers.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2532 on: January 17, 2015, 10:55:01 AM »

Afternoon every one. Hope every one had a wonderful Christmas. Found out that youngest son and his girlfriend will be here tomorrow to spend a week with us. Should be interesting as he is bringing his two dogs a basset hound and his hound dog.  Wondering how they are going to get along with granddaughters two healers. On top of the cats.  I might have do some of this before the week is done.

Oh boy! Where will you be staying?   

How is your brother feeling?  I hope the surgery really helped him.

What kind of hound dog?

How did it go?

I think it would be fun to stay at your home for a while and watch what happens.  You are well loved by your family.  It is so nice that you have so many members of your family that want to be near you.  You are blessed and so are they.

My oldest son got engaged for Christmas!

It was fun sons dogs are very sweet, BIG but sweet. Elvis is a red hound and weighs about 105 pounds while Buddy the beagle/ basset mix is 85 pounds. They were very good. The cats didn't bother them.    Congratulations on your oldest son getting engaged.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2533 on: January 17, 2015, 10:59:09 AM »

Finally on line again.

I am so happy to see you back Sister.  Prayers for you, Connie & George. an angelic monkey How are adjusting to your new life of retirement?  Hope you are doing well.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2534 on: January 17, 2015, 11:11:18 AM »

Sister

Can Prayers headed your way. an angelic monkey for you & your family. It is hard to watch loved ones when they are on the road of self destruction. Like TBM said all you can do is be there when she ask. Until she wants to get help there isn't any thing you can do. It's sad and hard as heck to watch.  One of my nieces was on that path just about destroyed her life and her sons and my brother. I can say with a happy heart she got help and still struggles with it. But she is still with us and her, her son & my brother are all doing well. 

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2535 on: January 17, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

Morning Monkeys 

TMB  Hows your foot doing? How are the boys?

Brandi How is Panda doing? How are you doing after your fall?

4Donks  Hows it going at your place? No more falls for you I hope.

Bearly  My brothers surgery went well and he is doing fine. Should be headed to Texas next month. I told him he should really wait until April to come. Because of the weather so we shall see.

Sister are you settled in your new place?

Can Stay strong. 

To all our Monkeys have a safe & warm week end.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2536 on: January 17, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »

Oh Bearly no tears.    Like TBM said you are loved. After son left to go back home. Both hubs & I came down with the flu or what ever the junk is going around.    Finely feel human again, but the cough is still with us. You and cubby and family are in my prayers.  an angelic monkey

You are lucky to be alive.  I heard the flu really has a kick to it.  I am not sure we can call a vaccine that is 23% effective, very effective at all.  It is frightening.  I hope all the monkeys have a germ-free and healthy winter. 

Cubby had a sore throat, it did not seem to last that long, but the cough has been going on for weeks.  It is a heck of a cough, too, one that sounds like it would give him a headache, but he says he does not have a headache.  Thank God!

Glad you and hubby are feeling better, Green Eyes.  Thank you for the prayers.

It has started out to be a very cold winter, I hope it does not continue to stay this cold.  We could use a break.  Stay warm!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2537 on: January 17, 2015, 06:49:18 PM »

Afternoon every one. Hope every one had a wonderful Christmas. Found out that youngest son and his girlfriend will be here tomorrow to spend a week with us. Should be interesting as he is bringing his two dogs a basset hound and his hound dog.  Wondering how they are going to get along with granddaughters two healers. On top of the cats.  I might have do some of this before the week is done.

Oh boy! Where will you be staying?   

How is your brother feeling?  I hope the surgery really helped him.

What kind of hound dog?

How did it go?

I think it would be fun to stay at your home for a while and watch what happens.  You are well loved by your family.  It is so nice that you have so many members of your family that want to be near you.  You are blessed and so are they.

My oldest son got engaged for Christmas!

It was fun sons dogs are very sweet, BIG but sweet. Elvis is a red hound and weighs about 105 pounds while Buddy the beagle/ basset mix is 85 pounds. They were very good. The cats didn't bother them.    Congratulations on your oldest son getting engaged.   

Thank you.  Oh, he has a bagel, my friend has a basset and dachshund mix, she is like a mini basset and is so cute.  She goes insane and howls when I come over, and she pouts when she has not seen me for a while.  It's funny, because I do not over-treat her like my friend's male roommate does.  He used to complain that she did not have to do anything for me to give her her treat.  He feeds her junk from his plate all the time for no reason and I think he feels slighted that she comes to him for food only.  I don't like that he makes her stand alert and stare at him for a long time, she is old, until he gives her something from his plate.  It is hard to explain, but it is a control thing, so she stays with him.  He loses his temper a lot, I think that is why she needs the promise of a treat to hang out with him.  She knows I will not feed her from the table, so she lays in her bed near me when I am eating, she does not beg. 

Anyway, since he said that, we have devised our own exercise thing.  I get her to sit up and stand several times before I give her the treat.  If I do not initiate it myself, she comes over in front of me and sits and stands several times so I will start giving her commands.  It is so cute.  It gets my friend and her roommate laughing because she is so serious about it, that he no longer complains about me giving her a treat for nothing.  They keep telling me dachshunds can't be trained, but she does okay when I am there, we have our own routine.  I stay over sometimes.  They have a couch that meets in the corner, I sleep on one couch and she sleeps on the other.  Sometimes she watches over me while I sleep.  I just love that dog. 

I am not sure why it ticks him off so much.  I am not feeding her cake from my plate like he does.  I only give her treats that are natural, no rawhide, no chicken, etc.  just like her mommy allows.  My friend is afraid to cross him, I think.  He does a lot for her, but he is short tempered and says nasty things to her.  It is sad because she does so much for so many people.  They used to live across the street, but they moved.

It is tough to travel in the winter, even a mile away.  I used to have the remote starter and could start the car from the window, but Cubbie keeps losing them, now there are none.  Even though it is all set up on the car, there is no way to start it.  I used to be able to have duplicates of the starter made, but they do not do that any more.

I believe in miracles!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2538 on: January 21, 2015, 05:49:41 AM »

Sister

Can Prayers headed your way. an angelic monkey for you & your family. It is hard to watch loved ones when they are on the road of self destruction. Like TBM said all you can do is be there when she ask. Until she wants to get help there isn't any thing you can do. It's sad and hard as heck to watch.  One of my nieces was on that path just about destroyed her life and her sons and my brother. I can say with a happy heart she got help and still struggles with it. But she is still with us and her, her son & my brother are all doing well. 

You all are in my thoughts and prayers.  an angelic monkey

Thank you so much beautiful green eyes!  I am glad your niece got help and her family is still intact. 
We went to a vascular surgeon Monday and her veins were checked and they are suitable for an access site for her dialysis lines.  That day surgery is booked for Jan 30th. 
My brother is still in hospital from his stroke.  He developed infection in kidneys and has been very sick.  They have changed his kidney tube so hoping that will help and the infection will clear.  He lives so far away so we haven't been able to see him.
I'm taking my Mom out of town today to lunch with a 3rd cousin and her Dad, so that will be a pleasant relief for us.
Boy am I grateful that I am strong enough to do these things. 
Glad you and hubs have recovered from your nasty bout of flu. 
Take care of yourself GE.    an angelic monkey

and would you kindly pass my regards to JSM.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2539 on: January 21, 2015, 05:58:36 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

Sister -  Looking forward to hearing from you and hope to hear that you are enjoying your home and have more time for yourself.  Retirement is an adjustment.
Are you living very far from your church? 
How are Connie and George doing?
 an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.