April 28, 2024, 05:17:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 7  (Read 308351 times)
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1060 on: June 17, 2005, 06:25:13 PM »

Quote from: "watchingallalong"
Please don't take offense. I'm posting this only because I have been reading this board for days & therefore feel like I have the perspective to say it.

The majority of people reading here are a good deal more interested in genuine tips/hints/news/whatever about the case than they are in seeing jokes or chat OR enormous quoted past messages (which btw probably take up valuable server space when quoted) or anyone's avatars.

I'm not criticizing the idea of talking about past messages, nor am I trying to say that the spirit of the board is wrong-headed; a lot of the discussion here has been really useful.. And I'm not criticizing any particular message, either. It's just that this (along with Riehl) is about the only place to get good info in English, and it would be easier for more people to get to it if we could try to keep focused (maybe having more personal communication via pm when possible).

*Please* don't label me a troll for making this suggestion. I know from personal experience that being on here a long time can make a person punchy! (LOL) But for the good of the community, let's think carefully about what/when to post.

PS. Hey fellow English teachers! I think that makes...ten?...of us on here regularly.

I understand where you are coming from, but when you are on here all day and all night with tips, clues, etc, or waiting on Dan's stories you have to have humor, to stay sane.  Some of us have literall been on here since day one and have became addicted to this site.  We cant help but support eachother, and try to make light of things at times by making jokes.  When people follow cases like these they have a tendency to become depressed and lonely.  This case has became part of our lives.  Natalee is our daughter, our sister, etc.  So please take this into consideration when you see a joke.  Not to mention there are times when no news is coming in.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1061 on: June 17, 2005, 06:25:38 PM »

nite all[/quote]

Gnite...thanks for the info

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
kirbysquirrel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1062 on: June 17, 2005, 06:26:42 PM »

I have been reading this forum for days and have learned more from you than from any media outlet.  Thank you to the ones from Aruba and to those of you who have taken your time to keep the rest of us so well informed.

I will continue to watch from the sidelines but I have agreed, disagreed, cheered, prayed and answered some of you aloud while reading your posts.   Rolling Eyes   I pray along with you that Natalee and her family will have a quick resolution to this, soon.

Thanks to all of you for sharing.

You have to be nuts to love a squirrel.
Kirby
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1063 on: June 17, 2005, 06:27:06 PM »

nancy:  where did you leave off?   It has been quiet.  We have rumors of fbi searching on venezuelan coast in front of aruba.   the extension of detention has not been decided, hearings continue.  Some eerie theory about a spiked drink and a boat trip.  what else can i say?
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1064 on: June 17, 2005, 06:27:26 PM »

Or you can add your Quote and delete everything that does not pertain to what you are specifically responding to.   Make sure to add "Snip for Bandwith" to make sure everyone knows there is more to the original message.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1065 on: June 17, 2005, 06:27:40 PM »

any word on sending that tricked out helocopter down to adicora?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1066 on: June 17, 2005, 06:27:42 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
The majority of people reading here are a good deal more interested in genuine tips/hints/news/whatever about the case than they are in seeing jokes or chat OR enormous quoted past messages (which btw probably take up valuable server space when quoted) or anyone's avatars.
I full agree.
That's why I erase ALL my past messages when I "detect" the server needs more space to "save" jokes and chat. Evil or Very Mad
PS - BTW, to be usefull in this message I suggest a "trick" to produce short quoted messages... when in the "Quote" function anyone can delete the spaces between the end of "]" mark and the beginning of the sentences in all the quoted messages.  Idea

Thank you so much for your advice...both of you!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1067 on: June 17, 2005, 06:27:56 PM »

Quote from: "bkhypnotic"
nothing new...some random Aruban attorney said that the three suspects are in court at this very minute asking to be set free.   They also said that Joran's dad got to see him today (sorry if someone posted that earlier).

Does anyone know whether the Dad's visit was supervised?  How frequently will he be able to visit his son going forward?
DJTAYLOR
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1068 on: June 17, 2005, 06:28:59 PM »

I AM  back finally  :0)  ANYGOOD NEWS? please say yes!!!!!!!!!!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1069 on: June 17, 2005, 06:29:10 PM »

Quote from: "kirbysquirrel"
I have been reading this forum for days and have learned more from you than from any media outlet.  Thank you to the ones from Aruba and to those of you who have taken your time to keep the rest of us so well informed.

I will continue to watch from the sidelines but I have agreed, disagreed, cheered, prayed and answered some of you aloud while reading your posts.   Rolling Eyes   I pray along with you that Natalee and her family will have a quick resolution to this, soon.

Thanks to all of you for sharing.

and thank YOU Kirby for the kind post. Those of us who are exhausted really appreciate kind comments.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1070 on: June 17, 2005, 06:29:22 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
Please don't take offense. I'm posting this only because I have been reading this board for days & therefore feel like I have the perspective to say it.

I'm not criticizing the idea of talking about past messages, nor am I trying to say that the spirit of the board is wrong-headed; a lot of the discussion here has been really useful.. And I'm not criticizing any particular message, either. It's just that this (along with Riehl) is about the only place to get good info in English, and it would be easier for more people to get to it if we could try to keep focused (maybe having more personal communication via pm when possible).

*Please* don't label me a troll for making this suggestion. I know from personal experience that being on here a long time can make a person punchy! (LOL) But for the good of the community, let's think carefully about what/when to post.

PS. Hey fellow English teachers! I think that makes...ten?...of us on here regularly.

I understand where you are coming from, but when you are on here all day and all night with tips, clues, etc, or waiting on Dan's stories you have to have humor, to stay sane.  Some of us have literall been on here since day one and have became addicted to this site.  We cant help but support eachother, and try to make light of things at times by making jokes.  When people follow cases like these they have a tendency to become depressed and lonely.  This case has became part of our lives.  Natalee is our daughter, our sister, etc.  So please take this into consideration when you see a joke.  Not to mention there are times when no news is coming in.

HERE HERE! Laughing

+++

Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1071 on: June 17, 2005, 06:29:23 PM »

Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Juvenal"
Quote from: "KerinTX"

Well then you can assist us in the editing when Dash writes her book. Kind of strange that so many of us are English teachers...

I just had a student call me at home and ask me to change his grade because he's going to lose his scholarship: B in my class. D in chemistry.

I said "nope."

Hmm...juvenal. The fact the student called me at HOME would have made me mad![/quote]

I put my number on the syllabus. Hint: I've only been teaching a year, so next year I'll know better.

What I didn't like about it was the way he calls me a month and a half after the semester's over.
Shellbell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1072 on: June 17, 2005, 06:30:36 PM »

Kerin (HUGS), Are they still in court?  Fox has done well all day keeping up with the case.  I emailed them last night.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1073 on: June 17, 2005, 06:30:52 PM »

when we changed to this format recently we were asked to quote so people could keep track of what we were responding to.  prior format was a running string with less clutter.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1074 on: June 17, 2005, 06:30:54 PM »

Quote from: "iquitos"
nancy:  where did you leave off?   It has been quiet.  We have rumors of fbi searching on venezuelan coast in front of aruba.   the extension of detention has not been decided, hearings continue.  Some eerie theory about a spiked drink and a boat trip.  what else can i say?

I left off when someone posted an article that was very relevant...I'm up to date on the arrests so far.

Is the radio still reporting on things?

Thanks so much!
ijaaa
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1075 on: June 17, 2005, 06:31:14 PM »

You know what I am just discovering and I am new to this board and have not read through all the posts yet so please bear with me if this has already been brought up.  When I look at pictures of the boys.  The original three last seen w/Natalee in most pictures they are throwing up a gang sign.  While I am not very familiar with all the different signs it looks as if they are throwing up what in America would be the Vice Lords gang sign.  Has it ever been brought up that these young men might be involved in a gang?  Do gangs exist down there?  I don't know but I have seen it over and over again.
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1076 on: June 17, 2005, 06:31:25 PM »

Rogers and Shell...you have a PM.  Smile

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1077 on: June 17, 2005, 06:32:31 PM »

i dont know if i can "bear" through another newcomer....UUHHGGHHH! Evil or Very Mad

+++

KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1078 on: June 17, 2005, 06:33:38 PM »

Quote from: "Shellbell"
Kerin (HUGS), Are they still in court?  Fox has done well all day keeping up with the case.  I emailed them last night.

Hey Shell! I think so. I e-mailed FOX, and MSNBC...although they probably didn't read my e-mail. (obviously they don't know the importance of a Scared Monkey poster!)  Surprised

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1079 on: June 17, 2005, 06:33:49 PM »

how do i change my sn ?

+++

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.