April 28, 2024, 04:42:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 7  (Read 308347 times)
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #780 on: June 17, 2005, 04:07:49 PM »

Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Thank you so much for the link to the VGB site! Now I just need a translator! lol

I think there is something with this shirt found...I have a gut feeling. The found that piece of foam with teeth imprints.. I wonder why they didn't ask for dental records?

How did I ever miss this??  Where did they find foam with teeth imprints?
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #781 on: June 17, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »

Ok just got back from work stuff....what is this about a shirt being found and piece of foam....please post it again for me....

Kelly
Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: June 17, 2005, 04:10:13 PM »

The comment about the blue VW or van...today when FOX showed the S Croes house of his uncle's, they showed a late model Toyota?  hatchback, blue with the license A 395398 parked in front.  

Just something to remember for later.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #783 on: June 17, 2005, 04:10:18 PM »

thought this posted before but guess it didn't go through.
From AP wires

Jun 17, 3:45 PM EDT
4th Man Detained in Aruba Disappearance

By PETER PRENGAMAN
Associated Press Writer

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) -- A party boat disc jockey was detained Friday on suspicion of being involved in the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway, who vanished nearly three weeks ago while celebrating her high school graduation, authorities and his employer said.

Meanwhile, Holloway's mother said she believed there might be more arrests before the case was resolved. She did not elaborate.

Steve Gregory Croes, whom authorities earlier identified only by the initials S.G.C., said he was contacted by police Thursday night and went to the station voluntarily to give a statement, said his employer, Marcus Wiggins.

Croes was the fourth person detained in the May 30 disappearance of Holloway, 18. Croes also said he knew one of two Surinamese brothers being detained in the case because they went to the same Internet cafe, Wiggins told The Associated Press.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Croes was a DJ on the Tattoo, which offers nightly dining, dancing and swimming, Wiggins said.

"I've never had problems with him," Wiggins told the AP. "He keeps to himself and shows up to work every day and does his job."

Wiggins also said he had not seen the other three young men detained in the case on the boat.

Authorities previously detained 17-year-old Joran van der Sloot, the son of a Dutch justice official on Aruba, and his two friends, Surinamese brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18.

Audio
Prengaman reports that while Hollway's mother expects more suspects to be taken into custody, she doesn't believe there's a conspiracy afoot.

Latin America News
4th Man Detained in Aruba Disappearance
Peace Corps Suspends Haiti Operations

Peace Corps Suspends Haiti Operations

Chilean Officials Investigate Arms Cache

Brazil's Cabinet Chief of Staff Resigns

PHOTO GALLERY

Missing Teen

Holloway disappeared in the early morning hours of May 30 on Aruba, a Dutch protectorate in the Caribbean. The three men previously in custody said they took Holloway, 18, to a northern beach but dropped her off at her hotel, where she was approached by a security guard.

Holloway's mother, Beth Holloway Twitty, said she believed there might be more arrests before the case was resolved. She did not elaborate.

"This is just the beginning," she told Associated Press Television News.

Looking tired and angry, Holloway Twitty said she was increasingly unhappy with the lack of progress.

"I want my daughter and I want her now," she said. "It's not that hard to figure out. ... I'm very frustrated. We are in day 18 with no answers."

Holloway Twitty added that she would "believe my daughter is alive until I find out otherwise."

Also Friday, prosecutors asked a judge to rule there was sufficient cause to continue holding van der Sloot and the Kalpoe brothers. The three were detained June 9. Under the law, a judge must review their case after 10 days, meaning a decision is due by Sunday.

No one has been charged with a crime in the case.

The court also was considering a petition by van der Sloot's father, Paul, to visit his son in jail and a request by the son's attorneys to see any evidence against him. Paul van der Sloot is a judge-in-training, serving a three-year term on the bench that allows him to hear a limited number of cases.

On Thursday, prosecutors filed a motion to stop Joran van der Sloot's lawyer, Antonio Carlo, from seeing him, said Mariaine Croes, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Caren Janssen.

Authorities claim their investigation could be damaged because Carlo spoke with one of two former security guards who were detained in the case and then released, Mariaine Croes said Friday.

It was unclear whether Steve Gregory Croes was related to Mariaine Croes.

Holloway disappeared the day she was to return from a five-day trip with 124 other students celebrating their graduation from high school in Mountain Brook, Ala.

Searches by authorities, volunteer islanders and tourists have come up empty. Authorities refused to say whether they believed Holloway was dead.

On Thursday, however, Police Superintendent Jan van der Straaten told the AP that authorities used a helicopter "to search for possible remains - but found nothing." He declined to say where the search was conducted.

On Wednesday, authorities searched the van der Sloots' one-story, yellow-beige home, where Joran lived in an attached apartment. Agents were seen carrying away two white garbage bags filled with items, while authorities towed a blue sport utility vehicle and a red Jeep from the property in Noord, outside the capital, Oranjestad.

After the approximately four-hour search, Janssen said Paul van der Sloot was not under investigation.

Asked why it took more than two weeks after Holloway's disappearance to search the home, Janssen said Thursday, "You have to build up an investigation. You can't just go in there like a cowboy."

The Kalpoe brothers have told police that they and Joran were with Holloway the night she disappeared and that she and the Dutch youth were kissing in the back seat of their car. The detainees initially said they took Holloway to a northern beach and then dropped her off at her Holiday Inn.

But Antonius "Mickey" John, a former hotel security guard released from custody Sunday, said to reporters that Deepak Kalpoe told him during a chat in jail that he and his brother actually dropped the young van der Sloot and Holloway off together near the Marriott hotel, about 10 blocks north of the Holiday Inn. John said he told police about the conversation.

FBI agents and officers from the Miami-Dade police department used German Shepherds to search the area Tuesday.
iquitos
Scared Monkey

« Reply #784 on: June 17, 2005, 04:11:12 PM »

Is the picture on the link the guy?  Are you sure.  This kid is in the Netherlands.  
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "DJTAYLOR"
Quote from: "americaninaruba"
Quote from: "Sharonywr"
Hey, I may be really behind on this (had to peel myself away and actually be a mother for awhile), but Steve Croes is also a pilot?  His name is listed on Aruba's pilot site...

Anyone know anything further?

No NO he is a captain of the PArty boat TATTOO....thats it

on fox news they say he was a disc jockey on the boat, thats not true he was the captain like americaninaruba said :0)

when i was on the tattoo the guy that was a captain and dj was i guy that looked like boyd coddington, from america hot rod... there is another guy that spins the records...as far as i know this guy still does the (talking into the mike)the other guy spins records...

Rob...Is this they guy you saw?  This is the Steve Croes that was arrested.
http://elektron.its.tudelft.nl/~ensermo/mike/images/alltogether.jpg
Kelly
Scared Monkey

« Reply #785 on: June 17, 2005, 04:11:21 PM »

caligirl please send me the linkw ith the info

Kelly
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #786 on: June 17, 2005, 04:11:26 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Rob"
Quote from: "DJTAYLOR"
Quote from: "Sharonywr"
Hey, I may be really behind on this (had to peel myself away and actually be a mother for awhile), but Steve Croes is also a pilot?  His name is listed on Aruba's pilot site...

Anyone know anything further?

on fox news they say he was a disc jockey on the boat, thats not true he was the captain like americaninaruba said :0)

when i was on the tattoo the guy that was a captain and dj was i guy that looked like boyd coddington, from america hot rod... there is another guy that spins the records...as far as i know this guy still does the (talking into the mike)the other guy spins records...

Rob...Is this they guy you saw?  This is the Steve Croes that was arrested.
http://elektron.its.tudelft.nl/~ensermo/mike/images/alltogether.jpg

i eas on the tatoo a few years ago and then went a couple of years later bc our friends had never went on... i said i did nt care much about going on the tattoo(at the time the story was going around about it being robbed bc i was already on it) but i did make a mental note of it bc i was shocked that i crime like that was committed in aruba....that was about three years ago...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #787 on: June 17, 2005, 04:12:56 PM »

Quote from: "pinemeadows"
Thank you so much for the link to the VGB site! Now I just need a translator! lol

I think there is something with this shirt found...I have a gut feeling. The found that piece of foam with teeth imprints.. I wonder why they didn't ask for dental records?

How did I ever miss this??  Where did they find foam with teeth imprints?

I missed this too.  Anyone have a link for the shirt and foam with teeth marks they found?
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #788 on: June 17, 2005, 04:13:14 PM »

In this link that was sent about 10 pages back... http://www.geocities.com/proud_college_republican/

If you take time to go past the snap shots of the the blogs of everyone involved etc.. you will see the front page news for the islands with pictures and information about what was found during the search. I can not believe we did not see this sooner!

It says there was foam with teeth imprints found with the yellow duct tapes and security shirt also some glasses. A better inspection of the underwear (I think everyone has said they weren't Natalee's) I see them to be not granny panties as I thought, but those news panties that are like small shorts? Not sure what they are called but they are lacy like and sold by places like Victorias secret. Maybe they were planted but all these items taken as a whole, with the new information have me seriously wondering!
wwizard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #789 on: June 17, 2005, 04:15:55 PM »

is there room to suppose that these addtional suspects mite b the people that took NH 2 the mainland??

Serpentine and don't bunch up.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #790 on: June 17, 2005, 04:17:10 PM »

mainland of what?

+++

CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #791 on: June 17, 2005, 04:17:23 PM »

Native or anyone on right now from Aruba.. can you take a look at this site? http://www.vgbsecurity.nl/

Can you let us know if it says anything about where they might contract too? I can't translate!!

Please.. pretty please.... I think we are onto some pieces of the current puzzle here.
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #792 on: June 17, 2005, 04:17:49 PM »

americaninaruba,
In the lower left of this link http://yachtbroker.escapeartist.com/boats/action/view/boat/297/index.html
You can see this person: http://yachtbroker.escapeartist.com/images/3819.jpg
It's him?  Question
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #793 on: June 17, 2005, 04:18:20 PM »

I'm not sure what the status of Croes is.

On one hand I've heard witness on the other I've heard suspect. A search of his residence imples suspect.
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #794 on: June 17, 2005, 04:18:52 PM »

Thanks, CaliGirl
Hope everything is quiet there today  Very Happy
pinemeadows
Scared Monkey

« Reply #795 on: June 17, 2005, 04:18:57 PM »

In this link that was sent about 10 pages back... http://www.geocities.com/proud_college_republican/

If you take time to go past the snap shots of the the blogs of everyone involved etc.. you will see the front page news for the islands with pictures and information about what was found during the search. I can not believe we did not see this sooner!

Wow I can't believe it either...I was there earlier this week; didn't realize it was a site that was always updated.

Now what the heck could "un-named suspicious material in a spray bottle" be???
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #796 on: June 17, 2005, 04:19:01 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
americaninaruba,
In the lower left of this link http://yachtbroker.escapeartist.com/boats/action/view/boat/297/index.html
It's him?  Question

could be kinda hard to tell from profile...

+++

Teo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #797 on: June 17, 2005, 04:19:18 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
TEO....
i have galactica on now...so far us type music
but if they only report in pap i'm no use 2 u.

Thank you, nothing here yet..I'll keep the radio on in the background and when there is something new I'll be back

You can always listen to different Arubian Radio stations at http://www.arubadag.com so tune in and be informed at the spot
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #798 on: June 17, 2005, 04:19:24 PM »

Quote from: "wwizard"
is there room to suppose that these addtional suspects mite b the people that took NH 2 the mainland??

Possibly, until we know some more details there is room to suppose anything. I think this guy (croes) went forward on his own though, and I don't think he had anything to do with the actual disappearence.
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #799 on: June 17, 2005, 04:19:30 PM »

Quote from: "boxopen"
americaninaruba,
It's him?  Question

Who Steve Croes?  It doesn't look like him to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.