March 19, 2024, 01:06:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fraud And The Millionaire Lifestyle  (Read 1295 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 28, 2013, 04:50:40 PM »

"Massachusetts auditor finds more than 1,000 dead people on welfare"

- $25 million a year in unwarranted payments
-  26 instances where people were using multiple Social Security numbers to receive extra payments
-  21 cases where the same Social Security number was used by multiple people

read more here - http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/05/28/massachusetts-where-even-the-dead-are-welfare/UAjCYtau24hrU4ZKFYHLpI/story.html

~~~

"Nevada couple sentenced in Oregon's largest case of welfare fraud"

"From 2010 to 2012, the Muhammads continued to collect Oregon benefits while living in Las Vegas, where they purchased a five-bedroom, 3,500-square-foot home in a gated community for $330,000. Donte Muhammad failed to disclose that he earned more than $70,000 last year working for a company that stages convention events and continued to be paid by Oregon to serve as his wife's full-time caregiver. "

read more here - http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2013/05/post_104.html

How many working people can afford a $330,000 home in a gated community?

How many Amnesty applicants will be investigated and charged with a crime like this?  Anyone going to check their backgrounds? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »

"New technology cracks down on welfare fraud"

Just a tip of the iceberg...........   

If they were serious in cutting down on fraud they would stop all assistance and do a restart. Recipients should have to reapply, state their case and be evaluated "fresh" as to whether they qualify for assistance. (or as some like to say "benefits")

How's that for a fix?

read more here - http://staugustine.com/news/florida-news/2013-05-15/new-technology-cracks-down-welfare-fraud#.UaUZH04o6po

~~~

"Welfare fraud investigators raid Aberdeen tavern "

Investigators with DSHS Office of Fraud and Accountability say Lantz also used welfare recipients to purchase food at a Safeway in Aberdeen. Investigators visited the store and observed Lantz loading a cart with large quantities of meat, 10 dozen eggs and large quantities of soda. Investigators watched those groceries get loaded into Lantz's vehicle and delivered into the Northwest Passage Tavern.

On Tuesday investigators served a warrant at the tavern. Inside they recovered food they believe was purchased by the welfare recipients. They also discovered a large quantity of prescription narcotics. The Senior Director of the Office of Fraud and Accountability Steve Lowe says it appears Lantz was taking advantage of homeless welfare recipients. "The benefits should go to the right people. The folks that are basically  profiting on poverty as I call it need to be taken out and they don't need to be in  business," Lowe told KIRO-7.

read more here - http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/welfare-fraud-investigators-raid-aberdeen-tavern/nXm9Z/

I wonder what those homeless people got for their help?  Did he keep their EBT cards?  Or, did the homeless people manage to hold on the EBT card month after month?  How many reported the cards lost or stolen and got it new ones? 

How many of these homeless people went hungry?  Didn't know what happened to their EBt the next day?  Were not capable of managing their benefits? 

Did the homeless people have apartments that got paid for month after month?  Cash benefits they didn't actually use?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.