April 28, 2024, 08:15:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former GVSU QB Cullen,30, Finnerty Missing 5/26/13 in Lake County, MI(Body Found  (Read 14343 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: May 28, 2013, 08:15:30 AM »

Former Grand Valley State University Quarterback Cullen Finnerty missing Since 5/26/13 in Lake County, MI (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/05/28/former-grand-valley-state-university-quarterback-cullen-finnerty-missing-since-52613-in-lake-county-mi/

30 year old Cullen Finnerty, the former quarterback of Grand Valley State University, has been missing since Sunday, May 26, 2013 in Lake County, Michigan. Cullen Finnerty went fishing on Baldwin Lake and did not return Sunday night. According to authorities, his parents owns a cabin near Bray Creek State Forest Campground. Police were able to find the small pontoon boat he was using to fish. The last point of contact came in the form of a phone call from Finnerty to his brother-in-law just after 9:30 p.m. on Sunday.

If you have any information about Finnerty’s whereabouts, call the Lake County Sheriff’s Department at 231.745.2712.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 10:35:15 PM by klaasend » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 08:16:35 AM »

Cullen Finnerty, former GVSU quarterback missing in Lake County

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/257869/2/Fmr-GVSU--quarterback-missing-in-Lake-County

Police are looking for a former Grand Valley State quarterback, believed to be missing in Lake County.

Cullen Finnerty went fishing and did not return Sunday night. Detectives say his family owns a cabin near Bray Creek State Forest Campground.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:25:34 AM by Red » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 08:18:34 AM »

Former GVSU QB missing in Lake County - Cullen Finnerty last seen on Baldwin River

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/former-gvsu-quarterback-goes-missing

Rescue crews spent the day Monday searching for a former Grand Valley State University quarterback who hasn't been heard from since Sunday evening.

7&4 News, an NBC affiliate in northern Michigan, reported a man disappeared  while fishing on the Baldwin River in Lake County on Sunday. 

Monday afternoon, divers and emergency crews were searching for Finnerty, according to 7&4 News. Mitchell said he was visiting his in-laws at their cabin. He was last seen when they dropped him off at the river around 8:30 p.m., the station reported.

The last point of contact came in the form of a phone call from Finnerty to his brother-in-law just after 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, 7&4 News reported. Finnerty didn't know where he was, but then his call dropped out.

Mitchell said Finnerty's former teammate told him that when Finnerty's in-laws went to search for Finnerty, they found his small pontoon boat on the shore, and some of his fishing equipment was still inside it.

However, there was no trace of Finnerty.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »

Pic from Facebook: Missing Cases
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=590060221014316&set=a.394304277256579.91039.212865135400495&type=1&theater
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:02:59 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/cullen.finnerty

His Facebook.  He has a beautiful family!  They look very happy in all the photos.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »

Former GVSU quarterback Cullen Finnerty reportedly 'scared,' stressed at time of disappearance
May 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM, updated May 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM

http://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.ssf/2013/05/cullen_finnerty_scared_and_had.html

ALLENDALE, MI – Former Grand Valley State quarterback Cullen Finnerty was struggling mentally at the time of his disappearance, according to comments and reports.

A flyer being circulated by the page Missing Cases on Facebook indicates Finnerty's family believes he was disoriented, perhaps as a result of concussions.

“Finnerty was having what his family describes as an episode and (they) say he was scared and wandered into the woods. … His family says he suffered several concussions in his career and they are concerned it may have triggered this episode.”

Grand Valley State coach Matt Mitchell said he also heard “there were stress concerns” when Finnerty last spoke with his brother-in-law around 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

Lake County Sheriff Robert Hilts told the Ludington Daily News Monday night that Finnerty "went fishing (Sunday) night and suffered some kind of a nervous episode and went running off into the woods."

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »

Source: Signal from Cullen Finnerty’s cell phone picked up
May 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM

BALDWIN, MI — A signal from Cullen Finnerty’s cell phone was picked up 11 miles north of where the former Grand Valley State quarterback was last seen near the Bray Creek Campground, sources close to the search told MLive.

According to sources, a team of five volunteers and one trained search professional were headed to the area where the cell phone was traced to continue the search.

<snipped>

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/05/source_in_cullen_finnerty_disa.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

His Facebook.  He has a beautiful family!  They look very happy in all the photos.

On the outside my "favorite" nephew appeared to have it all.  A successful career ... lovely wife ... beautiful kids ... pillar of the small community where he resides ... you name it.  However ... not too long ago he attempted to end his life.  Obviously ... underlying issues existed that extended family members were not privy to ... extended family members who would have supported this young man if only he had felt compelled to share.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 05:28:17 PM »

I agree.  This is really sad, I hope they find him and that he's alright! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 07:21:53 PM »

http://news.pioneergroup.com/lakecountystar/2013/05/28/gvsu-football-team-arrives-in-baldwin-to-search-for-cullen-finnerty/

GVSU football team arrives in Baldwin to search for Cullen Finnerty
GVSU football players wait at the staging sight, set up at GEO Prison, before heading out to search for Cullen Finnerty on Tuesday. (Pioneer photos/Kyle Leppek)

BALDWIN — Grand Valley State University football players are in Baldwin to help police search for Cullen John Finnerty. Lake County Sheriff’s deputies say Finnerty, 30, of Detroit, was fishing on Sunday on a small pontoon boat, which has been found. His family owns a cabin near Bray Creek State Forest. GVSU’s football team traveled

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »

Body of ex-Grand Valley State QB Cullen Finnerty found
10:16 p.m. EDT May 28, 2013

<snipped>

Finnerty was found wearing fishing waders and a camouflaged jacket. He was in the woods about a half mile north of where he disappeared while on a fishing trip. There were no apparent injuries and no signs of foul play, according to Hilts.

"There was nothing obvious to us, to the view, of anything that would have caused his death," Hilts said.

An autopsy will be performed.

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/05/28/cullen-finnerty-grand-valley-state-found-dead-baldwin-michigan/2368123/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »

Very sad 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/nw_mich/Crews-continue-search-for-Finnerty

Finnerty's body found under pine tree
Cullen Finnerty, former GVSU QB, went missing Sun.

Updated: Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 28 May 2013, 12:02 PM EDT

By Dani Carlson

WEBBER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - Search crews have found the body of former Grand Valley State University football quarterback Cullen Finnerty.

Finnerty's body was found around 7:40 p.m. Tuesday by a professional grid search team on the ground, Lake County Sheriff Robert Hilts said. It was located in the woods beneath the heavy foliage of a pine tree about a half-mile north of the entrance to Bray Creek Campground, where his boat had been located earlier.

"We don't know exactly how long Mr. Finnerty has been in that location, but the first night that he called in, the family had been in that area calling and that sort of thing to see if he was in that area, but they weren't able to find him," Hilts said.

He was still wearing the clothes he was last seen in: waders and a coat.

Authorities were treating that area as a crime scene, but foul play is not suspected.

The sheriff said there were no visible injuries to the body. The cause of death is still unknown.

"We don't know. There's no wounds that I saw.  I was within 10 feet, so we don't know that," Hilts said Tuesday evening.

An autopsy will be performed Wednesday in Grand Rapids.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »

So sad, prayers of peace and comfort for his family.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 11:11:22 PM »

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 11:19:52 PM »

an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 04:08:25 AM »

Yes, so sad for all who loved him.

Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 08:26:36 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/29/us/michigan-quarterback-dead/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Mystery surrounds death of former star quarterback in Michigan woods
By Mayra Cuevas and Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 6:44 AM EDT, Thu May 30, 2013

"He said he was leery of some things," Lake County, Michigan, Sheriff Bob Hilts said Wednesday. "We are not sure what was he was leery of. No one witnessed anything."

Investigators found no obvious signs of trauma on Finnerty's body, and there was no evidence of foul play, Hilts said.

The cause of Finnerty's death remains undetermined, despite an autopsy Wednesday, Hilts said. The medical examiner is now waiting on toxicology reports, he said.

Tests are also being conducted on Finnerty's brain, Hilts said. Family members had expressed concern due to concussions Finnerty had suffered in the past, the sheriff said.

Authorities believe some sort of miscommunication left Finnerty without a ride after he left the river, Hilts explained

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »

http://www.freep.com/article/20130604/COL38/306040104/cullen-finnerty-funeral-cause-of-death
Jeff Seidel: Cullen Finnerty laid to rest amid questions of why young QB died
June 4, 2013

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 09:26:45 PM »

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130604/NEWS01/306040024/Cullen-Finnerty-funeral-held-Brighton-
Cullen Finnerty funeral held in Brighton
June 4, 2013

Family and friends gathered this morning at St. Mary Magdalen Church in Brighton Township to celebrate the life of Cullen Finnerty.

The former Brighton and Grand Valley State University football star's body was found last week near the Baldwin River on the west side of the state.

"I know this isn't goodbye," said older brother Tim Finnerty, Jr., pausing while his mother Maureen Finnerty comforted him. "It's so long."

Nearly 1,000 family, friends, teammates, and former Grand Valley football coach Chuck Martin remembered Finnerty as a man who never took life too seriously.
More...

Slide show with 10 images at link.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.